Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311139 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#275407 Jan 9, 2013
Why would anyone hit him? It's stupid behavior, but not worthy of violence.
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ever witness a man who has his head close to his pregnant wife's/girlfriend's womb and he is saying something loud so the ZEF inside can hear him, smack him upside the head and tell him that he is talking to something that isn't human. He is afterall trying to personify the ZEF inside by talking to it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#275408 Jan 9, 2013
Katies Granddaughter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Why, Grandma? Why did you encourage my Mommy to brutally kill me? Why didn't you love me and stand up for me? Why, Grandma Katie? Why?"
Gee No Relevance, why dont you go find your grandma and ask her why she was such a slut back in the day, and why she was so disgusted she dumped your mama, and YOU by extenstion? Clearly, somebody pissed in your gene pool, grandma knew it and couldn't get rid of the defective spawn fast enough.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#275409 Jan 9, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a right in this nation to terminate your pregnancy, that's true. Yet I don't think anyone should make a case for abortion because they view pregnancy as a wrong or as an injustice...sorta like its a crime against humanity or something.
How can anything that is all natural like a woman becoming pregnant, be wrong or an injustice? I hope that none of you PCers think this way, because if you have you've really gone off the deep end.
That's cute: You make up some fictional viewpoint, accuse us of holding it and then claim that you hope that we don't hold the viewpoint you made up. WTH?

Location hidden

#275410 Jan 9, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chi...
"Child
child
noun, often attributive \&#712;ch&#299;(-& #601;)ld\
pluralchilˇdren
Definition of CHILD
1a: an unborn or recently born person
For the ignorant PCers, I didn't post the other definitions since they don't apply to proving that a fetus is a CHILD. This definition proves it is.
Foo's ignorance of everything she posts about is mind boggling.
Keywords:

"often attributive".

Lynne's ignorance is simply typical for her.

Tho its funny how they all ignore what they dont want to see.

Location hidden

#275411 Jan 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? Why would I interfere in such a way? Do any of you understand and use boundaries during your daily lives? Perhaps you might want to read up on fetal development. Do something more constructive than going all emo on here. Besides, anecdotal evidence tells me speaking to the baby during late term pregnancy allows the baby to recognize the sound of the voice after delivery.
Quit getting your panties in a bunch. You're confusing stages of pregnancy and fetal development with the majority of abortions done on something the size of a Tic Tac. You want to criminalize abortion over something the size of a Tic Tac.
This is the ass that thinks he can walk up to a woman in a restaurant and demand to know how many abortions she's had. He has no boundaries.

Indianapolis

#275412 Jan 9, 2013
They really just don't want to associate with the hate-filled, scummy PLM'ers who usually attend such venues.
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I would take issue with you claiming that 'all but a tiny minority of Americans is Pro-Choice'. How do you justify that it is only a 'tiny' minority? I have personally met a lot of people who are Pro-Life but they are turned off by the prospect of attending a Pro-Life march/rally because they don't want anyone to get in their face. Its sad that they don't have more of a backbone. This is another group of Americans that need to 'man up'.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#275413 Jan 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What? You're confused, NR. Do you even know and understand what PERSONIFYING means? It has nothing to do with what or how others refer to their own ZEFs.
Personification: attribution of personal qualities; especially : representation of a thing or abstraction as a person or by the human form
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/per...

Katie, Foo, et. al., hijack ZEF medical terminology in an attempt to dehumanize the little human beings in utero.

Foo made it very clear that she opposes referring to those in the womb as "babies". Why? She doesn't want the little one 'personified'.

I am happy to see that you are okay with others referring to/considering those in the womb "babies".

Foo may take issue w/ your view. Just a fair warning.

Caring.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275414 Jan 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Do nothing and miscarry--forgot that one, sporto. There is no guarantee that a pregnancy will go to term.
The key here is "in the womb"--the WOMAN'S womb. SHE alone decides if it will carry a pregnancy.
<quoted text>
Unfortunately abortion guarantees the pregnancy won't go to term. Which is why abortion should be illegal. People do have the right to life. Irregardless of what some blood-crazed tyrant decides.

Location hidden

#275415 Jan 9, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe all pro lifer's believe in your right to not be pregnant, but they feel if you want to exercise your right to not be pregnant, then just don't get pregnant. Not get pregnant then kill the child.
Plus -all the reasons pro abortion folks give apply to women that already have kids.
All the expense of having a child keeps on going, so why can't a woman with a week old, not decide she don't want the kid?
Where do you draw the line? At birth? And why? Is it becouse of laws?
you say a fetus cannot live without the mother, but neither can a one week old.
I would hate to know the answer, of how many women would kill their child, or have the child killed "that helps them feel better ",which is why people hire another person to kill their spouse, so they won't feel so bad.
yet I am curious, if the law gave women the right to abort their kids up to the age of 7? How many would do it? Please don't think none. With 3-4 thousand abortions a day, I'm sure the number of post birth abortions would be shocking.
Others countries are already entertaining this idea, by the way. Some may be doing it.
Why should a woman be punished, for making a mistake, and getting pregnant? This is what most pro aborts say, so why should a woman be punished, for getting pregnant, and having the baby, before she realizes the mistake she has made?
don't she to deserve to go to the coffee shop, and movies with her friends?
Plus maybe she was well off finaincialy, but looses her security money right after birth. This day is comming, if you live long enough you will see.
Sorry for the short post, I really didn't have much to say.)
There are many reasons why any woman might want an abortion and not one of them is your business.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#275416 Jan 9, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone." - Katie
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
^^^ That sums up who Sassy is dealing with here....^^^
FOAH That quote is in regard to someone else using the phrase "useless wad of cells". If I must elaborate further, the wad of cells that became your person have sure been useless and only gone forward to prove the other poster correct in her estimation.

You are moronic, personified.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275417 Jan 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Don't play the victim here--PC'ers aren't calling clinic patients vile names, or blowing up clinics, or shooting doctors. Those are YOUR people.
BTW--if shouting dissuades them from their activism, then they don't really give a damn.
<quoted text>
When Do We Discuss Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one so warped, so twisted, so in love with what is truly such ignorant bullshit as religion that has clearly made left you with absolute shit for brains could muster such a truly ignorant statement.
What really needs to be done is to have ignorant pieces of shit like you castrated.
But I would prefer just two bullets fired directly into your head. Using a high powered rifle in your case as the explosion of shit once the bullets hit would be way too much if done close range.
You truly have an interchangeable mouth and asshole.
http://www.topix.com/forum/new s/abortion/TCBAPB86ETS6TIBDG/p 125

Indianapolis

#275418 Jan 9, 2013
Cancer is natural. Nobody is saying pregnancy is wrong or a crime; it's a condition that is wanted or unwanted. One might consider pregnancy an injustice if it is due to rape, or if both partners use birth control and it fails. Whatever the motivation, it's the woman's right to abort if she wishes.
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a right in this nation to terminate your pregnancy, that's true. Yet I don't think anyone should make a case for abortion because they view pregnancy as a wrong or as an injustice...sorta like its a crime against humanity or something.
How can anything that is all natural like a woman becoming pregnant, be wrong or an injustice? I hope that none of you PCers think this way, because if you have you've really gone off the deep end.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275419 Jan 9, 2013
Shooting people in the head is illegal.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/TCBA...

Location hidden

#275420 Jan 9, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mind boggling insensitivity about someone's miscarriage is only matched by your mind boggling IGNORANCE.
You mean YOURS.
No one "shits" a baby. Sad that you need to be taught where babies come from, and it's not that orrifice you ignorantr buffoon.
Nice try at deflection dear. Its called 'literary license'. People often use it when writing. You're so find of melodrama, I use it on you. Most people shit and piss in a toilet. You shat "babies" .... or so you claimed. So my comments stand:

Did you shit TWO BABIES into that toilet?
Did you fish TWO BABIES out of that toilet with a fish net?
Did your doctor report two BABIES being MURDERED by your pedophile boyfriend?
NO!! to all of the above.
You might want to look up the definition of pedophelia, unless you want to keep displaying what an uneducated nitwit you are.
Sure Lynne. Here ya go:

Pedophile:
Noun
A person who is sexually attracted to children.

If she was a physically fully developed, having periods and able to get pregnant, she wasn't with "pedophiles". Pedophelia by definition is someone attracted to PRE-pubescent children.
]

Again, HORSESHIT.

Nowhere in the definition does it say "PRE-pubscent". YOU WERE A CHILD, a 15 year old child and he was over 21. You had TWO PREGNANCIES WITH AN ABUSIVE PEDOPHILE. You LOST two pregnancies with a pedophile. You CLAIMED you fished the embryo's out of the toilet and ran them right over to the doctor, who did ..... NOTHING.

An underage CHILD, pregnant by a pedophile, who's SUPPOSEDLY had the pregnancy punched OUT of her BY said pedophile, who brings embryo's TO the doctor and the doctor does...... NOTHING.

Parents did ... NOTHING.

And you did this with the abuser TWICE.

So you dont like pedophile. Shall we call him a rapist then? Since he would have also been guilty of statutory rape, and lets see, the doctor STILL did ........ nothing.....
You try to have an effect on people you don't like, but you only have the effect of displaying what a friggin DUMMY you are. You're a just a hollow form with nothing between your ears.
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!pat pat*** You just keep telling yourself that Lynniekins!!
Katie

Seattle, WA

#275421 Jan 9, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Personification: attribution of personal qualities; especially : representation of a thing or abstraction as a person or by the human form
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/per...
Katie, Foo, et. al., hijack ZEF medical terminology in an attempt to dehumanize the little human beings in utero.
Foo made it very clear that she opposes referring to those in the womb as "babies". Why? She doesn't want the little one 'personified'.
I am happy to see that you are okay with others referring to/considering those in the womb "babies".
Foo may take issue w/ your view. Just a fair warning.
Caring.
Foo doesn't care if I call later term pregnancies babies. She doesn't care what anyone calls their own ZEFs either. Your little attempt at divide and conquer is beyond teeny tiny, NR. It's right up there with what does matter. And that's size.

You guys are gung ho on criminalizing abortion, removing women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy all under the lame-O guise of "caring" for other women's ZEFs. It's disgusting. Each and every attempt you make at chipping away at my rights, my daughters' rights, even my granddaughters' rights will be met head on ugly for ugly, disgusting for disgusting. You wanna keep playing? We've gone round and round before. I'm ready again, Fim.

Location hidden

#275422 Jan 9, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Interestingly, MOST proaborts on here support restricting a womans choice. In other words, you people want to force a woman to remain pregnant too.
MOST of you are anti -choice like us.
Pssst.....did you notice that your fellow proaborts won't admit that they are against sex selection abortions? The silence (when asked if they support it as choice) was deafening.
I don't know any proaborts, and I would never force a woman to stay pregnant, ever. You're talking to the wrong person, obviously.

Location hidden

#275423 Jan 9, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what thre "CONTEXT" is, you ninny. It doesn't alter what NR's displaying about what you said. You can make a statement about wanting her to be saved without the "ripping" the body limb from limb comments. Those are the ones that show you for who you really are and how you really think, and context doesn't excuse it.
Yet I was just repeating HIS comments. But whatever Lynniekins, we know, you'll take up for ANY sick lying shit No Relevance comes up with.

You're sick that way.

Of course you're also two faced AND a coward. YOu forget, I know what you said about him at one time.

Location hidden

#275425 Jan 9, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only is she trying to attack someone who isn't here,.
But you ARE here Lynne. You only THINK anyone believes you're NOT the OP that posted here as Lynne D.

Of course you're not fooling ANYONE and havent in years.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#275426 Jan 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo doesn't care if I call later term pregnancies babies. She doesn't care what anyone calls their own ZEFs either. Your little attempt at divide and conquer is beyond teeny tiny, NR. It's right up there with what does matter. And that's size.
You guys are gung ho on criminalizing abortion, removing women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy all under the lame-O guise of "caring" for other women's ZEFs. It's disgusting. Each and every attempt you make at chipping away at my rights, my daughters' rights, even my granddaughters' rights will be met head on ugly for ugly, disgusting for disgusting. You wanna keep playing? We've gone round and round before. I'm ready again, Fim.
Katie: "Even my granddaughters' rights"

You mean the two living granddaughters' rights, right? Cuz you surely don't mean your dead, aborted granddaughter's rights....
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275427 Jan 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
These baby-killers with their derogatory name calling are vulgar and obtuse. Their crass bigotry and persecution of young people is a blight upon humanity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 9 min FuMan Chu Yanks 328,420
Time to go? (Jun '15) 16 min Transparent 10,991
last post wins! (Jun '10) 21 min SweLL GirL 26,352
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 24 min SweLL GirL 15,049
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 56 min -Glinda- 14,199
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 57 min FuMan Chu Yanks 39,339
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 59,455
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages