Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310322 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#273671 Jan 1, 2013
Really "NR," you're stooping to these levels to "justify" your position?

I'm almost disappointed with you--almost...

I suppose I can't blame you for resorting to typical non-sequitur, and thoroughly inappropriate comparisons like the Holocaust.

There is no comparison...period!

http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T833PCEP80MM49...

The Holocaust was a deliberate policy enacted to eradicate a specific branch of humanity based upon a racial "theory."
Along the way, the SS, and their "enablers" managed to "do-away-with" over 11 million people.

Pro-Life folks might believe in their hearts that "abortion" is "murder." They may also believe that the number of abortions since the passing of RvW is an "Holocaust" in our country.
Reality tells us a different story...

Thanks again for the "incendiary," and "mean" icons!

Best,

JK.

:)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#273672 Jan 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If people are NOT BORN SINNERS, then HOW IS A KID TAUGHT HOW TO SIN???
By their parents.
NO, WE ARE BORN SINNERS.
No, we are not. And you SCREAMING it wont make it any more true.

If you want to adhere to a dogma that attributes "sin" to a newborn, more power to you. The rest of us KNOW better.
STEALING GUM, OR STEALING A CAR IS STILL STEALING.
A child stealing gum is a HELL of a lot different than an adult stealing a car. Sorry SParky, no comparison.
Have you ever stole anything? Anything?
Honestly? No I haven't. Not even as a kid. I DID bounce a check when I was early on in my addiction over 25 years ago, but that's about it. I atoned, I paid for my sins, and I'm cool with it today 25 years later.
What does that make you?
Human.
Have you ever lied?
Yup. Everyone has.
What does that make you?
Human.
Have you ever uses Gods name in vain?
Lusted
Been disobedient to parents?
Make the list, and hopefully, you will see that you need a savior.
It all makes me human.

I dont need your version of a savior and I certainly dont WANT your version of a savior. In fact, I REJECT your version of a savior. I HAVE my Lord, and I'm perfectly okay with that, as are ALL of those of us as the Jewish faith.

You REALLY want to get into a theologial debate over all the myriad resaons why your version of a savior couldn't possible BE THE messiah based on the Jewish view?

Oh forget it. Read this if you want some education on another faith OTHER than your own.

http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/index.php...

You can respect it or not, I suspect you wont bother.
NRs Dead Father

Stratford, CT

#273673 Jan 1, 2013
Katies Granddaughter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Grandma? Why did you tell my mommy to kill me? I thought you were supposed to love me. Grandma? Why did you do it?"
Son? Do you still like humping your mother? She's an adopted reject, you know. Bad genes. Too much inbreeding. Does she still like it best when she has her period? Make sure you use mouthwash to keep the bloodstains off yer teeth, son!

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#273674 Jan 1, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a stay at home Mom, my choice!
Awesome! Yup, it's all about choice!

Location hidden

#273675 Jan 1, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet little kids and babies look into foo's beady eyes & cry. They probably avoid her like the plague. They can sense her psychological 'offness' and abject disdain for them. She hates young human beings TO DEATH.
You thought gay marriage wouldn't ever happen and that Obama would be a one term president too. You "bet" on a LOT of shit that you lose on EVERY time.

So G71, I ask again, WHERE'S YOUR OUTRAGE at the lies? I mean you're a Christian right? Where's your OUTRAGE at ANOTHER supposed christian's outright lies and bearing false witness?

Is this the kind of behavior your "born again faith" approves of?

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Minneapolis

#273676 Jan 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe some of the things that knuckle dragger writes. He must be bull sh*ting.
He might be BSing.....hard to believe anyone can look that far backwards and think women will just fall in line.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#273677 Jan 1, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange how all other creatures act instinctively to survive in perfect balance of nature.
Only when we get to a mind as complex as a humans do we se acts of evil done to one another in spite, rage,jealously, or sheer love of having power over people.
Funny how all other animals evolve to adapt and survive in a changing environment. Yet humans have "evolved" to the point we destroy it.
Makes one think we aren't of this world.
Many species of animals kill their own young. Human have laws and moral codes against killing their young. Animals will eat certain plants to induce an abortion. That is adapting to a changing environment. BTW, evolution and adaptation are separate actions, not synonymous.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Minneapolis

#273678 Jan 1, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>That's how I feel Morgana,,, life would be so much easier if they/men just got that. What's with the struggling for domination crap anyways.... I think it's cute to let them think they have it (for a limited amount of time here and there) but realistically, we/women, call the shots. I'm sorry, I feel bad. I mean I have two brothers, so I can empathize with their feelings from time to time, and heck, I may even side with them, but who are we kidding? Them? Yeah,, once in a while...
What woman in her right mind with an ounce of intelligence would want a "man" who feels the need to rule over her?? If there are in I am sure they are in a very tiny minority!
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#273679 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
"Grandma? Why did you tell my mommy to kill me? I thought you were supposed to love me. Grandma? Why did you do it?"
May you get back everything you've given in this New Year, NR.

Location hidden

#273680 Jan 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You saying what kind of christian I am, would be the same, if I traveled to outer space, and told an alien, that it was a bad example of an alien.
It is hard to criticize, what you have no clue about.
Untill you are born again (which is spiritual), then you can't even begin to understand what a real christan is.
I know what "real Christians" are, and they dont deliberately lie about others to suit their agenda's for one thing.

Location hidden

#273681 Jan 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh look. No Relevance changed his ISP again, so he can say ignorant shit to Katie. Why? Because that's ALL he has.

What a pathetic excuse for a human being.

Location hidden

#273682 Jan 1, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't forget you my friend!
Happy New Year to you and yours too...
Smooch!
Ditto's from me and mine to you and yours! <<hugs>>

Location hidden

#273683 Jan 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
May you get back everything you've given in this New Year, NR.
He already has. Its why he is the WAY he is. I'd feel much sorrier for him if he didn't revel in it so.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#273684 Jan 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If people are NOT BORN SINNERS, then HOW IS A KID TAUGHT HOW TO SIN???
IS IT SOMETHING, THAT APPEARS LATER???
NO, WE ARE BORN SINNERS.
STEALING GUM, OR STEALING A CAR IS STILL STEALING.
The punishment is not the same on earth, but stealing is stealing.
Have you ever stole anything? Anything? What does that make you?
Have you ever lied? What does that make you?
Have you ever uses Gods name in vain?
Lusted
Been disobedient to parents?
Make the list, and hopefully, you will see that you need a savior.
It's called instincts, so we can survive. One thing Christianity tried to do was eliminate what was considered, by them, barbaric. Instead, two thousand plus years later, what I see is those in authority of said religion are still using these practices in order to bring in more converts. The converts, of course, are expected to act like little lambs rather than ferocious lions even while witnessing (even participating in) the most barbaric events.

In the meanwhile, you, an American, are free to believe in your savior. You are not free to force your belief on to everyone else.

I will admit, again, that I love the philosophy of Jesus. Like anything else, there are times when it is practical, times when it's not. Sometimes, you just gotta kick some ass rather than turning the other cheek, y'know?

Location hidden

#273685 Jan 1, 2013
Isn't it ineresting, Elise, Morgana, John, myself and others start asking the real questions and pointing out REAL facts, and the cowards all suddenly disappear.....
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#273687 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>He already has. Its why he is the WAY he is. I'd feel much sorrier for him if he didn't revel in it so.
I tend to think his life's too cushy.
He wouldn't come off so spoiled otherwise.

Happy New Year to you and yours, Foo!
May it be better than you'd hoped :)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#273688 Jan 1, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't forget you my friend!
Happy New Year to you and yours too...
Smooch!
Oh, I'm blushing now!
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#273689 Jan 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Many species of animals kill their own young. Human have laws and moral codes against killing their young. Animals will eat certain plants to induce an abortion. That is adapting to a changing environment. BTW, evolution and adaptation are separate actions, not synonymous.
lol. The difference is we don't do it instinctively! Do the animals know the consequences of sexual intercourse? No. But we do. Even though we both instinctively want to do it. So you're saying all other animals ,throughout our known fossil record ," adapted" instead of evolved? If not tell me wich ones are destroying or have destroyed the planet.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#273691 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL parents teach their children to lie you moron.
AGAIN, children are a blank slate. They are not BORN knowing how or WHEN to lie.
Parents lie all the time, and think their kids dont know they're lying. Daddy calls out "sick" from work, Mommy cuts a phone call short by saying dinner's burning, telling the inlaws they can't come for dinner because the baby's sick, etc ....
Do your kind REALLY think kids are born with "sin" IN them? What complete bullshit.
Children LEARN to lie, they're NOT born with it, and they learn it from the adults around them.
http://nymag.com/news/features/43893/
In FACT, kids are MORE likely to be born with GOOD morals. The small child that tells grandma he can't stand how her food tastes because he's being honest, is TAUGHT that its better to tell her a "white lie" and pretend to enjoy it.
"Children, with higher IQs, who are more socially outgoing, or who are raised in a controlling family environment are more likely to use deception."

The above is from your bottom link. And it is too true. I saw my own girls do this. It's my niece, though, who brought it to new heights. Her mom, a born again (now relapsed), forbade Harry Potter and Disney. My niece read and watched anyway. Here's the kicker, though. My niece got married a couple years ago and didn't tell anyone. It was mail address to her new married name that gave it away. She didn't move in with her husband until after this incident. For a couple weeks she lived at home, went to work, and didn't say a word to anyone.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#273692 Jan 1, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 18 min Blackgangsta 5,659
Time to go? 26 min Look him up South... 2,301
News Jews for Jesus Hit Town and Find a Tough Crowd (Jul '06) 27 min messianic114 1,377
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 42 min the don 319,159
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 53 min jimi-yank 36,343
Looking for a guy named Tony from Springfield Q... 1 hr Chrissyfla 1
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr Just Roxie 12,147
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages