Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 12,833)

Showing posts 256,641 - 256,660 of303,230
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
husker du

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Knutter? SHow us a law that EVER existed that banned open adoption. EVER.
We'll wait....
***cue Jeopardy music***
<quoted text>
ROFLMAOOOOOOOO!!! You just keep thinking that Kuntbar.
Grow up.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need more examples of you exposing yourself for an uneducated dimwit. I think the above examples are ample.
I clearly asked you to demonstrate where I said foo would "FORCE".
You failed to demonstrate that.
Go back to Topix B-League.
You're not ready for this forum.
Caring.
your post

I thought you were "prochoice".

Isn't adoption one of the choices you support?

I guess you're "prochoice"....until you're not.

Again.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, Mr. DanglesPerpetually, Katie's assessment of preborn babies beating hearts was used as another way to dehumanize them.
Only a Fim like you would believe such crap, NR. The fetal heart is physiologically different than the newborn's heart. That is what I said.

Lemme know when you've got F I M figured out, NR.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear. I dont. But hey, good try!
LOL
<quoted text>
Oh now you change your tune and backpedal furiously.
Your claim was that these "g-dless judges" "FORCED" the murder of children.
I maintain, you are a LIAR. The judges on the Supreme Court are certainly NOT "g-dless" and none of them caused ANY CHILDREN TO BE MURDERED as you claimed.
These are YOUR claims, so either NAME THE "G-dless judges" YOU claim 'FORCED THE MURDER OF CHIDLREN" or stop lying in your jesus's name.
<quoted text>
Stinky, as you well know, I'm Jewish and your jesus is completely meaningless to me since its not my faith. My relationship with G-d is like most things, none of your business.
But your phony religous bullshit is noted BS'hitter.
I simply said, that a handfull of Godless judges FORCED abortion onto the american people, since you pro death people act as is the american people try to force the views on others.
Yet like the x atheist thing, you twist my words to fit your agenda.
I would comment to the other woman, but truly believe, that both of them are just you, spewing hate under different names. I also hate calling you a woman, becouse real women have a "built in "desire to love babies, not kill them, and truly not kill them, becouse it kinda may damage their rep, when looking for another Man.

Sick, twisted, bloody world you live in, and I hope you do have a god, that fits your mold.
Atleast it will make you feel better now..

You have No prob killing tiny babies, even little girl babies (by the way, where are their female rights?), so it doesn't surprize me how, when someone calls you out, for the murderer that you are, you have no problem lying about them as well.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>A Jewish-American woman whose fetus will kill her has a choice. Does she want to live or die.
A Catholic-American woman has no choice. She must die.
You call yourself pro-life????
My example was a Jewish-American mother aborting her baby girl because she wants a boy instead.

Not sure how sex-selection abortion saves the life of the mother.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, it's inconceivable to me that anyone would hate what they believe does not exist. What they can despise is others forcing their views on them. Mandatory prayer, etc.
How would you feel if you had to toss the Bible and accept the Koran? Your version of God would be kicked to the curb replaced by Allah. I suspect you would be less than happy?
Haven't you noticed how the schools can't have a Christmas tree or Christmas play anymore? How athletes aren't allowed to pray before a game, how all the nativity displays have to be removed. It's not allowed to even have voluntary pray in public. It has already happened.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>A Jewish-American woman whose fetus will kill her has a choice. Does she want to live or die.
A Catholic-American woman has no choice. She must die.
You call yourself pro-life????
A Catholic woman can have any life saving treatment.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
your post
I thought you were "prochoice".
Isn't adoption one of the choices you support?
I guess you're "prochoice"....until you're not.
Again.
I'm sure don't see "forced" anywhere. Maybe you're being very liberal when attempting to read between the lines? Or, maybe you're seeing what you want to see because you're a biased troll?

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
When, where, and to whom this or any scripture was written aside, do you believe the bible, is the inspired word of God?
Not at all. It was authored by mere men and their imagination. I believe i have already stated my position on such a backwards bigoted misogynistic writing.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

There seems to be a lot of anti-Catholicism in this chat room.

Women should be grateful that the Catholic Church has existed for two thousands years. It has taught good morals and values to millions of men over the years, perhaps as many as a billion men over the 2000 years.

Although a small percentage of those men ignored their Catholic upbringing and decided to treat women with cruelity and disrespect, the vast majority of Catholic men have loved and cherished the girls and women in their lives. They have also respected the marriages of their neighbors and have respected the daughters of their neighbors.

I believe without the teachings of the Catholic Church over the past 2000 years and its influence on western culture, millions of women would have been mistreated and/or raped on a yearly basis and there would have been a whole lot more unwanted pregnancies.

You Pro-Choice women may not have realized it, but the Catholic Church has made the world a much safer place for girls and women to grow up in.

Case in point, move to a Muslim nation or to India and see how much respect you get from men and/or how safe you feel when you take a walk down the street.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Then you were an agnostic, not an atheist.
Not believing in something for which there is no proof is not hating; it's purely logical. Now that you have your own deity, do you think thor, zeus, etc, are or could also be real?
<quoted text>
Ok, then I was agnostic, whatever it is properly called. All I know for 100% sure, is that I wanted nothing to do with anything that dealt with any god, that I knew of.

I also know, that I was always a guy that did whatever I wanted, the more of what christians would call unGodly, the more I liked it.
I was for abortion, and if I was on here back then I would be bashing all the pro life people as much as I could, but then again, the ones that are on here Now, are doing a great job.

I had a sweet christian wife, for 10 years, but I was living a double life, with another woman on the side. My story is to long to write, but after a 2 year long affair, the other woman who already had 2 almost grown sons was pregnant, with my child.
I told a friend of mine about it, and he said :wow, that's like a real bad sin (adultry). I just thought "whatever ",but when I was all alone, I looked the word up, in my wifes bible. I did Not like what it said!!! At all!! I threw the bible down, and tried dealing with my situation.

I couldn't hide anymore. I truly began to feel so sorry, for all I had done.

This went on for two weeks.
I didn't want to get rid of the problem, or clean up one little area in my life, I wanted a complete overhaul, but I did Not know where to go, or what to do!!!

One night, I felt so convicted, I drank a six pack, and took a couple sleeping pills, thinking it would give me peace untill maybe 10 am.

My wife would be at work by then, and I could continue trying to do SONETHING.
that night I was awaken!!! It was 1:30 am sharp! I didn't need to adjust, my eyes, or sober up. I was wide awake and very sober. I felt the presence of something very large, and my chest began to tighten.
The message was Very clear! I began trying to bargan with Him, but He never budged, and my chest tightened even more.
Some amazing things began to happen. I told (God) or whatever it was, how my wife was asleep! And I was Not going to wake her up at 2 in the morning to tell this sweet wonderful lady, she had been living a lie.

I was afraid, like a small child. I never got afraid before (Im a big strong guy).
At that momment, my wife woke up, turned to me, put her hand on me, and said she was going to pray.
I knew she wouldn't be praying to long, and I kept wrestling with this thing.
After I said "in my mind " ok god ok, but you are going to have to help me!!!

A peace came over me, that cannot be explained.
When I woke up I was a changed man.
No longer any desire for alcohol, any drugs, and even cussing in the smallest bothered me.
I had an uncontrolable desire to read the bible, and I did. Fot days upon days.
It was two months, from that night, untill I realized what happened to me.
I truly had been born again, and it was Jesus, not any other god who changed me. All other gods are dead. He is risen.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a Fim like you would believe such crap, NR. The fetal heart is physiologically different than the newborn's heart. That is what I said.
Lemme know when you've got F I M figured out, NR.
Katie: "The fetal heart is physiologically different than the newborn's heart."

You clearly said the fetal heart doesn't function like your heart does. Likewise, grumpy's LimpDangle doesn't function normally. So....
_________

Katie Van der Sloot: "Lemme know when you've got F I M figured out, NR."

My curiosity isn't piqued regarding what 'FIM' means.

I am, however, pleased that you know what "Van der Sloot" refers to.

Thanks, anyway.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you noticed how the schools can't have a Christmas tree or Christmas play anymore? How athletes aren't allowed to pray before a game, how all the nativity displays have to be removed. It's not allowed to even have voluntary pray in public. It has already happened.
Times are changing. The majority (if that's the case); can no longer dictate to the ever vocal, growing and very mixed minority.

Keep God and religion (all of them) out of our public arena. Most everyone pays taxes that support public schools. Don't like it? Send your children to parochial school if you can afford to do so. Or home school. There are choices still available.

A moment of silence is always appropriate. Not sure what you mean by "voluntary" prayer?
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. It was authored by mere men and their imagination. I believe i have already stated my position on such a backwards bigoted misogynistic writing.
Morgana, I do understand, that you and many have issue, with the light you feel the bible paints about women.
I must say, that when I did not believe in any god, or hated any god if there was one (maybe agnostic?)
Either way, I never read the bible. I didn't even know that there were soo many versions.
Untill I looked up the word adultry, I knew nothing about the bible, other then kid stories we all are taught.
It does intrique me, that non believers read it at all.

I talk to an atheist in my town, that can quote more bible verses then I can.
I don't have all the answers, and don't know alot of the traditions 5000 years ago, but what kind of bible (book) would america write today?

Would it be better or worse, then how you feel the bible is written?

After the night that changed my life forever, and Not being coached from Any christians whatsoever, I felt a strong urge to read the bible, and watch alot of preaching (alot of preaching that was not very biblical), but going fron wanting no bible at all, for any reason, to reading hours and hours a day, and all the other changes that happened to me, I truly started asking myself (WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!?)
For the first time in my life, something was RIGHT with me.

I had been born again, as Jesus said.
I couldn't explain it in any words, but to go from a guy who joked alot, but trying to hide all the pain inside me, and doing all moral wrong I could, to a guy who had Godly sorrow for all I had done, and was changed by something much larger then me.

I still am in awe at what happened that night.
My life was ripped all to pieces, yet I had a peace that did surpass all understanding, Plus no longer a desire to drink or pop a pain pill, or even cuss the smallest.
It was and still is a shock to me.
I also learned that many religions who have christ in their sign, preach about everything but christ.
I was saved by grace eph 2: 8,9

I did not call upon Jesus that night. I didn't have to.
I was awaken by The living God.

I'm fully convinced, that even a guy (or girl) that lives way off, where they never heard of Jesus, if they realize there is something greater, then just chance. That holds the sun, and keeps it lite Romans chpt. 1
They can call from their inner being upon the only living God, and the only living God, will come forth.

I am very thankful, that He cleaned up my life, but most thankful, that He gave me life, and that eternal.

Going through dead religous things, are just that dead.
After I was saved, only then did I have a desire to go to church or read a bible.
I have a desire to, not a feeling of a must do.

I wish all could have this saving experience, but like me for years, I, held on to what I thought I knew.

I was saved in the summer of 2000.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Times are changing. The majority (if that's the case); can no longer dictate to the ever vocal, growing and very mixed minority.
Keep God and religion (all of them) out of our public arena. Most everyone pays taxes that support public schools. Don't like it? Send your children to parochial school if you can afford to do so. Or home school. There are choices still available.
A moment of silence is always appropriate. Not sure what you mean by "voluntary" prayer?
I think America succeeded as a nation and did not fracture because the vast majority of Americans were Christian. The North fought to free the slaves because they felt, as Christians, that slavery was morally wrong. After the Civil War, the people of the South sent their representatives back to Congress and forgave the people of the North because it was the Christian thing to do.

I think that if another civil war was to take place in America, after it was done, the two or more warring factions would not put America back together again because America is losing the Christian glue that has held it together for more than two hundred years.

As America becomes more diverse and more atheistic, the odds of our nation fracturing into multiple nations grows ever higher. Look at Europe, its a collection of diversity, with numerous peoples, languages, cultures and customs. How many wars have been fought in Europe between peoples who wanted to do their own thing?

I think 50 years from now, many of you young people who look back at the America you were born into and will wish that life in America could return to those times. But once its gone, its gone folks.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer is always voluntary. Times are changing. We are losing our right to pray or have displays in public. Why is public prayer so threatening to people like you?
Katie

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "The fetal heart is physiologically different than the newborn's heart."
You clearly said the fetal heart doesn't function like your heart does. Likewise, grumpy's LimpDangle doesn't function normally. So....
_________
Katie Van der Sloot: "Lemme know when you've got F I M figured out, NR."
My curiosity isn't piqued regarding what 'FIM' means.
I am, however, pleased that you know what "Van der Sloot" refers to.
Thanks, anyway.
Right, name caller. The fetal heart is different than the newborn's heart (therefore different than mine). It doesn't function in the same way a real baby's heart function.

You have taken "ineffective" to new heights. Yay, you.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
being a parent has always been an option for smart people. in the past , if people didnt want to have kids they didnt have sex.
if they " chose" to have sex and then had a baby, they dealt with it, like smart people do. only recently has women been able to solve this problem by having her baby killed. that should make people a little upset, but then all the women who were all for having the option, to get away with killing their child, began to make their voices heard, and also wanted and got all people to help pay to kill their baby.
these same people want to put a man in prison for years for hurting a dog , but has no problem killing babies.
micheal Vick should have never even got in trouble for hurting or killing dogs, in a country that allows controling women kill their babies and gets the public to pay for their mistakes.
women rights, have been turned into some womens desires.
And you're just pissed that some women have the desire NOT to have children, and that women don't HAVE to get or stay pregnant and give birth. Tough luck, for YOU, that is.

Here's the thing; this ISN'T the past, and women now can decide for OURSELVES whether to continue a pregnancy or not. People can have sex and AVOID the unwanted consequence of pregnancy by use of reliable contraception, or if the BC fails, women can abort an unwanted pregnancy. The days when men had total control over women and our sexual and reproductive choices are GONE, although many right-wing males would love to see women's reproductive rights taken AWAY.

Bottom line; motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. A woman has the same right NOT to have children as she does to become a mother. I suggest you deal with it.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
Now you've done it. You're going to have these fundies hopping mad now. You know they hate information getting out to the masses. They're only supposed to get info on the end of a spoon from the pulpit.
lol Good, then I know I'm on the right track.:-)
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
It seems that you are incapable of saying anything positive about parenthood.
It seems to ME that you and other anti-choice nutjobs want to keep the HARDSHIPS of motherhood hidden from girls and young women. Sorry (not really), I'm not interested in helping in that effort. So I won't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 256,641 - 256,660 of303,230
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
Jackson-Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••