Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 336611 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273119 Dec 30, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I'm impotant but that's not a burden to anyone else.
The question is not for one dimention minds.
Here's the thing, limpy, your random classification scheme kills babies.

Why can't your pee-pee defect be considered "not worth living" in another's random classification scheme?

You can't have it both ways, limpy.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#273120 Dec 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bhitler: "anal sex, OR oral sex, OR sex with someone of the same gender, OR masturbation"
^^^ Pagan instruction manual ^^^
Wrong, just the facts that dispute BS's crap.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273121 Dec 30, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
please show me exactly where she wants the be able to dictate to adopting parents who and when they can adopt.
I've never seen her say anything like that.
you are a bold face liar
either that or you lack reading comprehension skills and are an idiot.
Foo was clear that it is her "choice" to believe adoptive parents should have restrictions on who they adopt. She even verbally belittled parents who prefer newborn caucasian babies.

She's prochoice....until her cocaine damaged brain is not.

My reading comprehension is fine. Is the capitalization key broken on your keyboard?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273122 Dec 30, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
The writers of the bible were idiots. According to many fundies, the earth itself is only 6000 years old, making those long lives absolutely impossible. Clearly, the concept of "year" was a much shorter time measurement than what we use.
Which plan? Hundreds of wives and concubines seemed okay with your god. So did being forced to impregnate your brother's widow. Any way you slice it, your deity's plan seems to favor the husband.
I think you're going to have a great deal of difficulty getting most women to submit to their husbands.
BTW--if everyone was destroyed but noah's little group, how could there be STD's at all? Who was harboring the microbes?
Our society is evolving to adapt to both physical and intellectual changes. We have amassed so much knowledge that it will take time to assimilate it.
<quoted text>
Are you talking about fundie Jews? You always quote the Old Testament seems you are targeting the wrong religion.
grumpy

East Northport, NY

#273123 Dec 30, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, what's REALLY pathetic is the way you shrivel up and tuck yourself into a fetal position every time you see one of my posts you snivelling coward...
.....and then try to claim that you don't respond to Doc because he 'natters on about trivialities". But then you continue to tell zach for the 40th time how it's impossible to insult a gay man by insinuating he likes oral sex with another man.
Quick....zach's got another post for you above. Hurry up and respond. But don't dare touch your blatant ignorance and contradictions regarding the definition of a word that is an integral component of abortion and RvW.
Cowardly slob.
I'm glad you and yours are OK.
Right now I would like to know if you accept the Catholic position on abortion to save the life of the pregnant woman as posted here?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273124 Dec 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that you are incapable of saying anything positive about parenthood.
I agree. I bet people in real life avoid Ocean56 and Foo like the plague. Who could tolerate their child-hating drama needs?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#273125 Dec 30, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you account for all the people who have been able to study and/or work their way out of the ghetto and build a better life for themselves?
for everyone of those who have worked there way out of the ghetto, how many have started out as unwanted children with no family support, the child of parents addicted to alcohol or drugs?

besides what do you think the chances are of 15/16yr old pregnant girl of working her way out of the ghetto. The odds are forcing her to have the child will only perpetuate the situation
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, all the people born into poverty exist in a 'loveless hell on Earth' and they supposely stay in that condition all their life.
I never said that, go back and reread what I said.

I said unwanted children, born into families of addicted parents

they may not want to stay in that, but the odds are greatly stacked against them

stop living in your fantasy world, you know nothing of living in the slums, heck you've probably never even been there
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Unwanted children born into this world will only suffer, huh? They will never experience love or laughter or having a best friend or making love?
please, visit an inner city ghetto and let me know where most of the unwanted kids end up.

you will find out after some 15yr old gang banger robs you blind and pops a cap in your head
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
You justify abortion by determining that unwanted children will only suffer in this world and they'll never will experience happiness. That's assuming a lot. You know what they say about assuming, right?
check the statistics, I'm not assuming anything. and with all statistics, there are always outliers.

I justify abortion to give the woman/child who is pregnant a chance at improving her life so that she has children when she is ready for them
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273126 Dec 30, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong wrong wrong...
"I was a God hating atheist for 20 years."
What? If you really were an atheist you would not believe there was a god to "hate". You can't "hate" what you don't think exists. Nice try...don't you believe on this one.
"Do you not see, that many americans feel like the pro choice people FORCED their views on us?"
Ridiculous. Pro-CHOICE people believe everyone should be able to make their own choices...hence the term "pro-choice". You are free to make your own choices, nothing is forced on you. The fundies, however, want to force their religious dogma on everyone. They want everyone to follow their rules.
"I surrendered to this God, that for years I hated."
No, you said you were an atheist, remember? You could not have hated God "for years" and be an atheist. The 2 don't go together.
You are Bright Sun. I see it now.
Just one point-- It seems there are many atheists who do hate God and want others to also hate Him. I do agree with your point that if you don't believe there is a God then there should be nothing to hate but it doesn't seem to work that way. Do you think they secretly believe but won't admit it?

Elmont, Long Island NY

#273127 Dec 30, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
The RCC is not against people having sex. They just want people to deal responsibly with the consequences of having sex which is becoming pregnant. You don't or shouldn't deal with becoming pregnant by destroying the new life that has begun growing in the womb.
The bottom line is that the RCC is against the destruction of new life, but you angry Pro-Choice people can't deal with the RCC's stance on this issue. Why exactly you can't deal with it is anybody's guess. My take is that you people value sexual gratification more than human life and don't want a new child to interfere with your 'sexual freedom' and/or be a drain on your pocketbook.
Don't have sex if you can't deal with the consequences of sex.
really so the RCC is against sex??

then why are they against birth control???

I remember in 1st grade then nun started talking about sex,
she said sex should only between a married couple simply for the sole purpose of having a baby and that they weren't suppose to enjoy the act, if they did it was a sin.

BTW, at 7 yrs old, I had no idea what she was talking about...but for some reason, the emphasis and manner of how she said it stuck in my mind

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#273129 Dec 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bhitler: "anal sex, OR oral sex, OR sex with someone of the same gender, OR masturbation"
^^^ Pagan instruction manual ^^^
Sounds more like a Catholic Priest instruction manual.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273130 Dec 30, 2012
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I'm impotant but that's not a burden to anyone else.
The question is not for one dimention minds.
You see, Mr. DanglesPerpetually, Katie's assessment of preborn babies beating hearts was used as another way to dehumanize them.

Using her same logic related to your penis problem, you are less than human.....and not worth keeping around.

Random classification schemes along OTHERS' human life spectrums is a beotch.

An old geezer like you should already know this.

But, alas, you're a baby Jew killing fool to the very end.

Your arguments are about as solid as your dangling member.
grumpy

East Northport, NY

#273131 Dec 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the thing, limpy, your random classification scheme kills babies.
Why can't your pee-pee defect be considered "not worth living" in another's random classification scheme?
You can't have it both ways, limpy.
I guess if I was a male prostitute who was struck by impotency, my support would become a burden to my family.
Is there a market for oral sex these days?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273132 Dec 30, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
please show me exactly where she wants the be able to dictate to adopting parents who and when they can adopt.
I've never seen her say anything like that.
you are a bold face liar
either that or you lack reading comprehension skills and are an idiot.
She is always complaining the people only want to adopt perfect white babies as though they shouldn't have a choice.

Women are aborting perfect white girl babies and she is okay with that but thinks they shouldn't have the same choice when adopting.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#273133 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a God hating atheist for 20 years.
If there was a God, I hated him, and wanted nothing to do with anyone who believed in Any god.
Then, and now, I can't remember anyone being able to FORCE me into anything.
Do you not see, that many americans feel like the pro choice people FORCED their views on us?
You realize you just threw logic completely out the window.

Pray tell, just how have the pro-choice people forced their views on you.

Its really quite simple
Pro-choice: Keep abortion legal and accessible to all
Outcome: DON'T BELIEVE IN ABORTION, DON'T HAVE ONE.
NO ONE IS FORCED TO HAVE AN ABORTION.

Anti-Choice: Criminalize abortion and prevent anyone from having an abortion
Outcome: Believe abortion is an acceptable personal medical decision but ARE PREVENTED FROM EXERCISING THAT BELIEVE.
EVERYONE IS PREVENTED FROM HAVING AN ABORTION

Now really tell me who is forcing who do do what??

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#273134 Dec 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one point-- It seems there are many atheists who do hate God and want others to also hate Him. I do agree with your point that if you don't believe there is a God then there should be nothing to hate but it doesn't seem to work that way. Do you think they secretly believe but won't admit it?
If such alleged atheists exist then I think they are really disgruntled religious people who temporarily think they are atheists when in fact they are not. I think Gtown posted what he did in an attempt to make atheists look bad. There would be no reason for an atheist to want anyone to hate God when they don't even think he exists. If a person "secretly" thought God exists then they would probably say they're agnostic.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#273135 Dec 30, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize you just threw logic completely out the window.
Pray tell, just how have the pro-choice people forced their views on you.
Its really quite simple
Pro-choice: Keep abortion legal and accessible to all
Outcome: DON'T BELIEVE IN ABORTION, DON'T HAVE ONE.
NO ONE IS FORCED TO HAVE AN ABORTION.
Anti-Choice: Criminalize abortion and prevent anyone from having an abortion
Outcome: Believe abortion is an acceptable personal medical decision but ARE PREVENTED FROM EXERCISING THAT BELIEVE.
EVERYONE IS PREVENTED FROM HAVING AN ABORTION
Now really tell me who is forcing who do do what??
Very good.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273136 Dec 30, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide evidence of a "The Flood", please.
Provide evidence that the bible is "the word of God", please.
Lasly, provide evidence that people live to be 700-900 years old, please.
With no evidence to back up your biblical claims, you've got nothing to stand on except your ego and pride.
Why don't we ask some of the Jewish faith to answer as Christians don't concentrate on the Old Testament as much. Maybe CD or Foo. could help you.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#273137 Dec 30, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She is always complaining the people only want to adopt perfect white babies as though they shouldn't have a choice.
Women are aborting perfect white girl babies and she is okay with that but thinks they shouldn't have the same choice when adopting.
when you learn the difference between personal desires, i.e. "want" and enacting legislation into law i.e. making abortion illegal
then come back and we can have an intelligent conversation about having a choice and not having a choice.

right now its futile

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#273138 Dec 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, Mr. DanglesPerpetually, Katie's assessment of preborn babies beating hearts was used as another way to dehumanize them.
Using her same logic related to your penis problem, you are less than human.....and not worth keeping around.
Random classification schemes along OTHERS' human life spectrums is a beotch.
An old geezer like you should already know this.
But, alas, you're a baby Jew killing fool to the very end.
Your arguments are about as solid as your dangling member.
So this is how a follower of Jesus behaves? Hmmm...guess I was right all along.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273139 Dec 30, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds more like a Catholic Priest instruction manual.
You sound like an attention whore who exploits her daughter's special needs to get attention for herself.

Here's the problem: When you publicly support brutally killing preborn babies, you get no admiration.

Your struggle for meaning through an anonymous online public forum is futile. You're like an anorexic person trying to be a spokesperson for the positive effects of food in her life. Observers look at the anorexics issues, and ignore her positive food comments.

In other words, sunshine, you're a hypocrite who is frowned on for exploiting your child. There's an air of "Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome" about you.

Now, go boo-hoo about how horrible life is w/ a special needs child...whilst also promoting the execution of innocents.

You're a real-time case study in mental illness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jets talk back (Dec '07) 48 min jimi-yank 15,965
Where are you from? 2 hr goatfuckery 3
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr jimi-yank 47,158
Zeal for Life Challenge potential side effects:... (Sep '13) 3 hr Aimee72 114
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 3 hr jimi-yank 7,636
joey d`s pizzeria (Aug '09) Jan '18 Kapowcat1 4
News Fearing Deportation, Food Vendors Are Leaving N... Jan '18 Go trump 1

Jackson-Heights Jobs

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages