Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 336728 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#270235 Dec 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I'm not upset at all. Second, it was a mention that it is confusing to the children when parents don't agree. It's confusing to children when one parent says a kid can do something and another says no. Raising children is easier when parents figure things out together and present a united front.
Yeah, and what if they decided to present an "united front" based on atheism? I'm sure what you really mean is a united Catholic front.

My husband is a Catholic. He grew up going to Catholic schools. He speaks about what he believes when asked, and I speak about what I believe when asked. Both of us acknowledge that nobody ultimately knows anything for sure, that nobody is right or wrong. My husband is not one of those Catholics who thinks his faith is fact or his is the one true religion. My daughters both believe there is a God. No confusion. Neither one of us is trying to trump the other. It sounds to me as if BOTH your daughter and her husband are in the wrong.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270236 Dec 16, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>

They're the evil biches here.
There's a conversation stopper. LOL

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#270238 Dec 16, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Even SassyJM rang the bell comparing the incomparable. What is wrong with them they would equate upholding civil rights to a guy who draws a gun on kids at school? On is own mother? Are they so fetus-focused that is all they see? Only the fetus? Have they forgotten or did they ever know the fetus is only ONE aspect of a varied law aimed at neither forcing nor allowing force to be part of a pregnant woman's individual decision to remain pregnant or not.
Ever once in awhile I see a glimmer of decency and sanity in Sassy and I start to think she okay and then she just blows it out of the water.

I don't see anyone glorifying abortion, however, miscarriages happen quite frequently so every z/e/f does not make it to birth.

The Newtown shooting is THE biggest elementary school massacre to happen in the U.S., and these sick fundies use those gunned down children to insult people who simply support people's freedom to make their own personal choice??? Really? And what about the children who survived and witnessed the carnage? What about the parents who are putting their six year olds into graves while their Christmas presents sit under the tree??

And these fundie a-holes use this for insults and abortion comparisons?

These so-called religious Jesus lovers are the "evil" ones. They're sick....Sassy included.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#270239 Dec 16, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you possibly know that? Are you saying that you are torturing me with colon restriction devices because I take medication, or are saying you are torturing me with colon restriction devices to force me to take medication? Whatever excuse you use to torture me, you are still a sadistic tyrant.
What are you talking about? Who exactly is torturing you? Did physicians tie you down and force this device into your ass?

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#270240 Dec 16, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Zeffie, here's the deal. Much like abortion, the state of your colon is nobody's business and frankly - nobody much cares.
If you've had medical issues (mental AND physical) and had things done because you're mentally ill and incompetent to make your own decisions, there's not much anyone here can do for you.
PERSONALLY, I would never get between you and your colon, you're free to do whatever you want in that regard. And if you're NOT free to make your own medical decisions, well I can understand that too, because clearly you're a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
My suggestion to you is to listen to your doctors, and take your meds like a good little boy or girl.
zef is definitely a filament short of a light bulb...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#270241 Dec 16, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a phony chrisitan and a COMPLETE moron would try to equate the DELIBERATE MURDER of TWENTY 6 & 7 year olds and 7 adults to women making their own PERSONAL AND PRIVATE medical decision to end their pregnancy.
Thank you and No Relevance for showing us ALL exaclty what low life pieces of SHIT you two REALLY are.
Exactly.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#270242 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
These self-righteous fundies can complain about choicers all they want but it's actually the fundies who show time and time again what a-holes they really are....so much for their love of Jesus/God and scripture They're the evil biches here.
And the sad part is that they are happy about it too.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#270243 Dec 16, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that our drift towards a dehumanized secular cultrue that leans heavily on paganism can contribute to these acts of violence don;'t you?
Yet another religious fundie P*O*S who uses this tragedy to spout self-serving bullshit.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270244 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Yeah, and what if they decided to present an "united front" based on atheism? I'm sure what you really mean is a united Catholic front.
My husband is a Catholic. He grew up going to Catholic schools. He speaks about what he believes when asked, and I speak about what I believe when asked. Both of us acknowledge that nobody ultimately knows anything for sure, that nobody is right or wrong. My husband is not one of those Catholics who thinks his faith is fact or his is the one true religion. My daughters both believe there is a God. No confusion. Neither one of us is trying to trump the other. It sounds to me as if BOTH your daughter and her husband are in the wrong.
What does God mean to your daughter? Do you know?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#270245 Dec 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a conversation stopper. LOL
I notice you cut out everything about the religious Jesus-loving fundies using the mass murder of school kids in Newtown to hurl insults.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#270246 Dec 16, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
And the sad part is that they are happy about it too.
The fundies on here have no clue that they're nothing but grotesque caricatures of their own twisted bastardized version of Christianity. Ink included.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#270247 Dec 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What does God mean to your daughter? Do you know?
Yes, because we talk about it. We discuss it. I listen, not lecture.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270248 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Yet another religious fundie P*O*S who uses this tragedy to spout self-serving bullshit.
Do you wonder why this is becomming more commonplace and do you think this culture of little regard for unborn babies, violent games, violent and disrespectful music and an attitude of young people that only what they want counts contributes to it?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270249 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
The fundies on here have no clue that they're nothing but grotesque caricatures of their own twisted bastardized version of Christianity. Ink included.
Another conversation stopper. I guess you only have the ability to talk with like mindede people.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270250 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
I notice you cut out everything about the religious Jesus-loving fundies using the mass murder of school kids in Newtown to hurl insults.
This is the post I was responding to. I'm afraid I only saw your insults.

<quoted text>
These self-righteous fundies can complain about choicers all they want but it's actually the fundies who show time and time again what a-holes they really are....so much for their love of Jesus/God and scripture They're the evil biches here.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#270251 Dec 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, because we talk about it. We discuss it. I listen, not lecture.
So answer the question. What does God mean to her?

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#270252 Dec 16, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>Biatch Please!
What's the matter dumb dumb; effeminate emotions overwhelming you?

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#270253 Dec 16, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>I've been watching the coverage of this horrific story since first seeing it early yesterday afternoon, CD. It is every parent's worst nightmare come true, and truly heartbreaking. The residents of this town, especially the families of the children and adults who were murdered yesterday, will never be the same.
Absolutely Ocean.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#270254 Dec 16, 2012
All twenty small children executed in Newtown, CT were prolife.
grumpy

East Northport, NY

#270255 Dec 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So answer the question. What does God mean to her?
Did you tell your daughter that God wants her forfeit her life to save her unborn fetus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 17 min jimi-yank 47,181
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 19 min jimi-yank 344,018
"Walking Dead" Starts Feb 9th (Jan '14) 46 min tribbing dead 913
News New York to extend ban on cars from Manhattan's... 48 min Elon Musk 1
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr NEMO 7,230
joey d`s pizzeria (Aug '09) Jan '18 Kapowcat1 4
News Fearing Deportation, Food Vendors Are Leaving N... Jan '18 Go trump 1

Jackson-Heights Jobs

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages