Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 12,671)

Showing posts 253,401 - 253,420 of303,207
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of BULL, but this kind of NONSENSE is typical of regressive religionist imbeciles like you (and Knutter, sASSY, NoRelevance, etc.), who think a woman's ONLY valid occupation is reproduction.
Procreation is just ONE reason for sex, but certainly isn't the ONLY reason. There are plenty of NORMAL people, both women and men, who for personal reasons simply DON'T ever want children, and that is just fine. Whether women or men have children or not is none of YOUR bleeping business, nor that of your toxic church. Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, and any woman can reject it if she doesn't want the hardships and responsibilities that motherhood involves. You and other regressive imbeciles are just pissed that women CAN reject motherhood without any penalties whatsoever. Too bad.
LMAO! I don't believe for one second that these fundies have sex ONLY when they're procreating.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to be honest, that fetus is a baby in the early stages of life. Fully alive.
I provided exactly what you provided from the other side. Good for the goose, good for the gander.
What are you talking about? I never post links. I state what I know, that's all. You made a claim, I asked for proof. All you had to do is admit that you don't proof, just a prolife website of anecdotes. I haven't said one thing or another about "the other side." You're confused, honey.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I would find out what and why and then tell them how crazy they were and to get back on track. That's my job as their mother.
Why would they be crazy?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>They weren't reported as botched abortions, because abortion was illegal. Duh. You're obviously old enough to remember when women didn't have abortions, they always called them D&C's, which wasn't a lie, so it was all good, even for Catholics. Don't try to tell me that didn't happen often. I grew up in NM, land of Roman Catholics:-) It happened, a lot.
Legal or illegal, someone's wife, child, sister was murdered. Doesn't anyone speak for the dead woman and report her death and charge her killer?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

elise in burke wrote:
<quoted text>What are you talking about? I never post links. I state what I know, that's all. You made a claim, I asked for proof. All you had to do is admit that you don't proof, just a pro life website of anecdotes. I haven't said one thing or another about "the other side." You're confused, honey.
Why would you ask for proof when you depend on the same type of testimonials? I don't doubt that some women never regret getting rid of the kid so why do you disregard these women's experiences?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would they be crazy?
Cause they know better.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
LMAO! I don't believe for one second that these fundies have sex ONLY when they're procreating.
LOL EXACTLY!

Ocean hates the RCC and therefore,makes up lies to bash it.

Bigotry and it's very best.

Of course we don't *just* have sex to procreate. I am not fertile every second of the month. Love making is very important to a married couple. ANY kind of affection is very important (holding hands,rubbing one another shoulders,saying I love you a hundred times a day,texting and phone calls just to say HI,etc..).
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> Back then, family members probably wouldn't be supportive of abortion. Duh,
So because they weren't supportive of the abortion, the family would let the abortionist get away with murder?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a right in this country to accept or decline any religion. That doesn't make me a bigot, it makes me American.
If I choose a green sweater over a red one, does that make me bigoted or prejudice against red?
Would you call people who choose the red sweater "crazy"? And get them "back on track" to wearing green sweaters?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wasn't me.
Does your form of paganism accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior? If not you threw away Christ with the RCC.
If she also doesn't believe in Satan anymore, does that mean she "threw away" Satan too?
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
These jackasses want to make people feel bad because they don't lie and claim that parenthood is all rainbows, pink cotton candy and glitter 24/7 for many many years. If they want to live in a world of delusions that's their choice.
What about the jackasses that WANT to "educate" people and lie and claim that motherhood is the WORST thing in the world?

She wants EVERYONE to hear all the negatives that she experienced so that they think that it will be like that if they have kids. It's not true. Many women have wonderful pregnancies or raising kids is hard on them AS well.

She seems like a very unhappy person who most likely had an absentee husband helping her like TomTom pointed out.

NOTHING in life is perfect,but then you have people like Ocean who are just miserable complainers.

Does she go on and on about MISERABLE experiences with married couples to to "educate" people so that they don't marry? See what I mean? NOTHING is perfect,not even marriage but we simple CAN'T focus on all the negatives or else our life will be complete epic failures.

Serentity prayer

GOD grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I can.
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you have that right. So do your children. I never said your choice made you a bigot. Your prejudging different religions without any real knowledge of them, and then insulting based upon those prejudgments, are what make you a bigot.
If you really perceive choosing a religion as trivial as choosing a color of sweater, then why would you object to your children choosing a different religion than yours?
Are you really this stupid? Nevermind, don't answer that, I already know.
I am not prejudging your religion, I am judging mine as the religion for me and as the faith I brought my kids up in. Frankly I don't give Wicca a second thought. I only mentioned it in the context of a belief of Christ.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Would you call people who choose the red sweater "crazy"? And get them "back on track" to wearing green sweaters?
Too much afternoon Long Island Tea?
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. If Deity was a giant, multifaceted diamond, with 20 people in a circle around it, they wouldn't be able to see it all. They would each be looking at a different facet, so they would each perceive it differently, each facet having different flaws or colors depending upon the light coming through it. Yet, they'd all still be looking at the same gem.
My religion accepts that Jesus is simply one aspect of the male face of Deity, another of the many sacrificed Gods throughout history.
No, I didn't not throw him away, I just worship a different aspect of the same Divine source.
My rejection was of the RCC only.
It doesn't work that way. IF you knew your former rejected religion OR if you had this devout/practicing Mother that raised you,you'd understand that.

See,this is where your lies are burying you bitler. You're a very dishonest person and THAT is why,unfortunately,your mother is being dragged down with you.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not prejudging your religion, I am judging mine as the religion for me and as the faith I brought my kids up in. Frankly I don't give Wicca a second thought. I only mentioned it in the context of a belief of Christ.
You really are this stupid. You most certainly DID prejudge my religion, when you implied that your children would be crazy to be Pagan.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> ^^says the thrice married man^^ who claims he never loved his wife and yet didn't seem to care that he was using her for sex.
Unlike you,most people marry for love and commitment. The couple become ONE flesh. You can't separate the number one. The problem with what I see in many failed relationships,is that the couple went INTO the marriage with real issues that were NEVER addressed. As life goes on,with the ups and downs that it brings us,the marriage then falls apart.
Communication is the key to success IMHO. Without that,things just snowball. With our human nature(we are selfish beings due to our sinful nature),it is easy to focus on what WE want out of the marriage. But,if you continually think of your spouse on the very same level as yourself,you wouldn't be focused on your own selfish needs and desires.
Marriage isn't for wimps,that's for sure.
In the meantime,you take a vow to love your spouse for better or worse,and in a religious ceremony,that vow is before Almighty God. You then need to go to him for guidance and help when things are not going so well.
Marriage takes daily effort to put that person first. Daily prayer is needed in order to have a successful marriage. It's no different than your efforts to being a good parent. To play battle of the wills will lead to a failed relationship. It doesn't work.
They don't take their own promises seriously.
"I do" as long as everything is easy and someone better doesn't come along.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I don't think Bitner is disrespecting her own mother. I see faux-Christians making judgments about people's mothers when they don't even know these women.
I didn't see the post where Cpeter used the term "medical waste" to describe the deceased. I would disagree. I think the use of metallic coffins placed in cement vaults prevents our deceased bodies from returning to the Earth and being part of the cycle of life.
Nobody is judging anyones mother. I don't know her mom at all. All I can go by is what she is posting. NONE of it is making sense.

Bitler has been living a very dishonest life. She can't even be honest enough to stand firm on what she believes.

SHE dragged her mother into this by lying about her. Either her mother WAS a religious/devout Catholic or she wasn't or she was a wishywashy Cafeteria Catholic. Bitler has mixed her into all three categories. She doesn't even understand her former rejected religion or she wouldn't be saying half of the things that she does.

She is a confused girl.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> You haven't read all her posts about the negative side of having kids? Have your read all her posts about women who CHOOSE to have one,two or 20 kids? She is clearly anti-life,anti-choice,anti-wom anhood.
I don't care if she has no kids,ten kids or a hundred kids. She thinks that by bashing pregnancy and motherhood that she is 'educating' people. Okay,she had a BAD experience but that doesn't mean EVERYONE does.
""""That's reality, so are they supposed to lie about it and sugarcoat it? I've known all kinds of women: women whose whole lives revolve around kids and motherhood and they loved it, mothers who love their kids dearly but did many other things too"""" """"
Who is asking her to explain HER experiences with pregnancy and motherhood? LOL Nobody cares.
I love my children to death and my world does revolve around them but that doesn't mean that I don't do other things. Ocean claims that there is no in between.
I have a husband and we do couple things. We have date nights...just the two of us. That doesn't take away from the fact that my kids are my world. In fact,it makes a positive impression on my children that their parents take the time to nourish their marriage.
Of course when kids are small,it is alot harder to do things but they do grow.
Sassy
"You haven't read all her posts about the negative side of having kids?"

I haven't read ALL of anyone's posts. I think she is trying to show both sides of motherhood. It's not all good or all bad. Not every child is the same either. Some are quite easy to raise and some have emotional or physical issues that make it difficult. You're the extreme the other way....it's all good good good.

Sassy
"She is clearly anti-life,anti-choice,anti-wom anhood."

This is over the top. She had her son, yes? What is "womanhood" to you? Just the ability/willingness to give birth?

Sassy
"Who is asking her to explain HER experiences with pregnancy and motherhood? LOL Nobody cares."

"I love my children to death and my world does revolve around them but that doesn't mean that I don't do other things....I have a husband and we do couple things. We have date nights...just the two of us. That doesn't take away from the fact that my kids are my world. In fact,it makes a positive impression on my children that their parents take the time to nourish their marriage."

So who was asking you to explain YOUR experiences, and why should anyone care?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are this stupid. You most certainly DID prejudge my religion, when you implied that your children would be crazy to be Pagan.
Sorry you took it personally. Someone asked me about pagan but it could have been any other religion that isn't Christian. In my opinion it would be crazy to turn from Christ.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Cause they know better.
They know better? So in your opinion anyone who doesn't adhere to your Christian beliefs doesn't know any better?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 253,401 - 253,420 of303,207
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
the alphabet game (Oct '11) 15 min katie 3,181
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min VeganTiger 42,967
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 29 min jimi-yank 302,045
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 42 min change your MagicUnderoos 6,279
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 16 hr Taxpayer 434
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 16 hr Taxpayer 6,183
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Apr 12 Twillner 699
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••