Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
253,341 - 253,360 of 305,384 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Kenose

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Pagans reject the premise that there is only one true God or are you a different kind of pagan?
You must think that every "pagan" (IE: non-christian or non-catholic) thinks the exact same thing. Try thinking outside your narrow minded POV, for once in your miserable life.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Conservative Democrat wrote:
Actually, what's even more interesting is how you fundies find it necessary to stay in bad, loveless marriages, because some dumb-ass 2000 years ago said that marriage is "for better or for worse," but didn't define what's "better" and what's "worse."
No joke! I know what would be worse for ME; being married to a regressive, male religionist NUTCASE like TomTom. The guy is hopelessly STUCK IN THE PAST, by at least two centuries if not even more.

I shudder to think what his backward views on women are at this point, and I feel sorry for ANY woman unlucky enough to be his girlfriend or wife. Thankfully, putting up with a nutcase like Tomtom on a daily basis isn't MY problem to deal with.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a right in this country to accept or decline any religion. That doesn't make me a bigot, it makes me American.
If I choose a green sweater over a red one, does that make me bigoted or prejudice against red?
Of course you have that right. So do your children. I never said your choice made you a bigot. Your prejudging different religions without any real knowledge of them, and then insulting based upon those prejudgments, are what make you a bigot.

If you really perceive choosing a religion as trivial as choosing a color of sweater, then why would you object to your children choosing a different religion than yours?

Are you really this stupid? Nevermind, don't answer that, I already know.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wasn't me.
Does your form of paganism accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior? If not you threw away Christ with the RCC.
Okay. If Deity was a giant, multifaceted diamond, with 20 people in a circle around it, they wouldn't be able to see it all. They would each be looking at a different facet, so they would each perceive it differently, each facet having different flaws or colors depending upon the light coming through it. Yet, they'd all still be looking at the same gem.

My religion accepts that Jesus is simply one aspect of the male face of Deity, another of the many sacrificed Gods throughout history.

No, I didn't not throw him away, I just worship a different aspect of the same Divine source.

My rejection was of the RCC only.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No joke! I know what would be worse for ME; being married to a regressive, male religionist NUTCASE like TomTom. The guy is hopelessly STUCK IN THE PAST, by at least two centuries if not even more.
I shudder to think what his backward views on women are at this point, and I feel sorry for ANY woman unlucky enough to be his girlfriend or wife. Thankfully, putting up with a nutcase like Tomtom on a daily basis isn't MY problem to deal with.
Maybe he's married to an Amish girl, or two.:)
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Her children are adults. She isn't going to guide her children anywhere, anymore. She's suffering from delusions of grandeur.
I have adult and young children.

You are sadly mistaken if you think *because* they are adults that I don't guide them. Parenting isn't over when the child turns 18yrs old. It is a lifelong job.

Interestingly,I have learned so much from my adults children. They have strong values,they stay true to who they are/and those values/beliefs and THEY lead by example. I am quite impressed many times as to how much I get from them.

I will always be there for them and they know that I will always pray for them. They come to me daily for advice,or just to talk. Thank God I never lost that communication and bond with them :).

I feel very blessed that we are so close. I know many friends who's kids want nothing to do with them from the time they were teenagers. I find that so disheartening.
Kenose

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wasn't me.
Does your form of paganism accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior? If not you threw away Christ with the RCC.
Your statement shows that you don't even know what the modern word, Pagan, means. Sad

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

<quoted text>
Inky, before a doctor is prosecuted for a botched abortion, the state has to prove either intent, or culpability. In and of itself, a botched abortion is proof of neither.
Perhaps you'd want to seek the opinion of another lawyer.
Lynne; your thoughts?
lol. Yes, LLL, please, bray, away.
Kenose

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a right in this country to accept or decline any religion. That doesn't make me a bigot, it makes me American.
If I choose a green sweater over a red one, does that make me bigoted or prejudice against red?
It doesn't appear you know what prejudice means either. Please continue to exorcise your rights and show off your ignorance.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I took responsibility for my actions dweeb. My daughter lives with me.
As for my hatred for my ex-wife, I'll worry about that. But, you're making the same mistake as my ex-wife; thinking my daughter has not grown in 2 1/2 years. That alone lumps you on the same sack of sh*t as my ex-wife. My daughter has a record of all the broken promises, time lost, and disappointments her mother has caused her.
And that's the reason why I would do cartwheels in the air if my ex-wife was no longer alive. At least my daughter would stop suffering from the disappointment of having a dead beat mother, which by comparison, will always be far more traumatizing to a kid than having a dead beat father.
You think about that now.
I think that it is sad that her mom is like you are saying but I find you responsible for this(partly).

"""At least my daughter would stop suffering from the disappointment of having a dead beat mother, which by comparison, will always be far more traumatizing to a kid than having a dead beat father"""" """

Again, you seem to think you know best. Either way,you like to shift ALL the blame on your ex. TYPICAL of a divorced person(male or female). Bottom line,and this goes with any divorced couple-YOU chose to marry your spouse...you don't come first anymore. Hating each other(EVERY couple if talked to,will have the wife blaming the husband while the husband blames the wife)should not be seen or heard by the children invovled.

You are oozing with hate over this woman. YOU revealed to us that you never loved her but had no problem using her for sex. Interesting. Then she gets pregnant and you are in total hate mode with her.

Grow up.

"""" But, you're making the same mistake as my ex-wife; thinking my daughter has not grown in 2 1/2 years."""" ""

You have her raised by nanny's year round. Plus she is now medicated. I am SURE you think that she's grown. Doing good in school doesn't always equal good parenting btw. What about her moral life? What about her religion that is being mocked and bashed by her father?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can disregard their individual stories of regret and healing and I will disregard your stories of women who are glad they killed their babies. My thought is that both are out there.
We are talking about abortion, not killing babies. If you can't be honest, be quiet.

I specifically asked for statistics. You can't provide them. They don't exist.

I have never claimed to have statistics on the number of women that are glad they had an abortion. I can provide anecdotal evidence. I don't call that proof, like you try to do.

Stop your silliness, mujerita.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't your husband help you? Seems like a sinmple solution.
I thought the very same thing. Ocean seems like she is filled with such anger over being pregnant and having to raise her child.

I have never seen such negativity coming from a Mother. I have never heard her say ONE positive,loving thing about having a child or children. NOTHING. She is miserable and so she wants to warn others that they will be too.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

<quoted text>
Katie, you and Ayakaneo have excellent memories. Kudos to both of you!
At times I wonder whether NR, Lynne and Sassy set up nightly meetings on Dweeb's bed to "compare notes."
They do! Of course they plan -- probably have search missions assigned, too. j/k! LOL

Anyway, thanks for confirming, CD. The example he just gave is actually his starting point in that conversation -- is how I remember it anyway. He jumped in without knowing the parameters and started claiming "accident" overran manslaughter, iirc.

Good to see you back, CD :)

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think they were doctors for the most part, providing illegal abortions that were killing women, so why not list the cause of death?
Omg, are you really that uneducated? If you don't know the history of the issue, don't try to debate before you do.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care less whether regressive, anti-choice imbeciles like YOU agree with me or not, sASSy. It is still a fact that many women are PRESSURED into motherhood by family and/or religious community, and purposely AREN'T told about the hardships of it until AFTER they have had a baby. Then, of course, it is too late. I'd much rather have more childfree (no kids by choice) women -- and men too -- and fewer women and men who deeply regret that they became moms and dads at all.
IMO keeping girls/women in ignorance of these hardships is a bad practice which needs to be changed, so I'll go on doing my part to change it. Whether YOU like my doing that or not is irrelevant, as are you.
I am sure many are pressured into motherhood. That has nothing to do with your ranting ON AND ON about the negative side of parenting.

ANYTHING we do in life has it's ups and downs. But to continually focus on all the negative experiences in life is just not normal.

For a young kid,it is good to let them know that parenting isn't a piece of cake but to shove this whole image of motherhood on them that reflects YOUR bad experiences,is dishonest.

Most of the things that you have listed are isolated times in that childs life(colic-not all kids are colic,diapers,etc). You want to use scare tactics to "teach" a young person or older person to prevent motherhood?

I am sorry,but that is just sick and unnatural.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Actually, I think they were doctors. Doctors who engaged in illegal practices, who quite plausibly had very lucrative practices, and who did not want to risk losing their license over an illegal procedure that went bad. And that's why the cause of death wasn't listed.
Which proves a point; abortion has existed before it was legal, and will exist even if it is made illegal at any point in time.
Luckily for us, the latter is, more likely than not, to not happen.
Too bad family members didn 't complain. Maybe some women would have been saved if they were put out of business. Better to have a child and live then to die trying to kill it.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, sASSy, that's what regressive, anti-choice losers like YOU (and Knutter, TomTom, NoRelevance, etc.) prefer to BELIEVE. What you are claiming about me is blatantly FALSE. But I have no intention of giving you personal details about me, simply because they are none of YOUR bleeping business.
Personally, I feel it is much better for girls/women to know all about the HARDSHIPS of motherhood long before they even get pregnant, let alone before they have a baby. If some girls/women decide they DON'T want to be mothers at any time, because they DON'T want the hardships that motherhood involves, that's fine. I think it's much better for them to make an INFORMED decision about motherhood, rather than to make it in ignorance. Don't like it? Too bad.
"""I think it's much better for them to make an INFORMED decision about motherhood"""

Informed?

Excuse me but just because YOU had a horrible pregnancy and horrible experience raising your child doesn't mean ALL people do. I have a few children and can't ever sit back and think of ANYTHING negative. It's like going through hard labor and then once you see the baby in front of you,you *forget* the negative experience.

And btw..I KNOW for a fact about the pain. I had horrible labor/birth. I also understand losing sleep, crying babies, two year old temper tantrums, getting kids to bed when they don't want to, teenagers going out and waiting for them to come home,etc....etc.......

You have also included in your ranting,that a womans life is practically over and ruined. Sit back and reread what you write. It's just...well...creepy.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>We are talking about abortion, not killing babies. If you can't be honest, be quiet.
I specifically asked for statistics. You can't provide them. They don't exist.
I have never claimed to have statistics on the number of women that are glad they had an abortion. I can provide anecdotal evidence. I don't call that proof, like you try to do.
Stop your silliness, mujerita.
You need to be honest, that fetus is a baby in the early stages of life. Fully alive.

I provided exactly what you provided from the other side. Good for the goose, good for the gander.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Ocean can say or think what she wants but for the sake of her own child,I would not want her child to see what she has to say. She has NOTHING good to say about her experience. That is sad. Her life was OVER and worthless since giving birth. That's not only sad but VERY disturbing.
"""Why are men who don't want kids being vilified the same way the women who don't want kids are being vilified"""
What man has expressed such negativity about having a child on here? I must have missed those posts.
I'm sure those kind are out at the bank withdrawing money for their gf/wifes abortion to rid themselves of their responsibility.
I haven't read all of Ocean's posts but I don't think she said her life is "over" and "worthless". If she has nothing good to say about her experience then do you expect her to lie? A lot of women have very bad pregnancy experiences. That's reality, so are they supposed to lie about it and sugarcoat it? I've known all kinds of women: women whose whole lives revolve around kids and motherhood and they loved it, mothers who love their kids dearly but did many other things too. Women who went on to dote all over their grandchildren and women who went on to enjoy their freedom once the kids were grown. And women who don't want kids.

My own mother had a close cousin ( elderly now) who had been married and had an annulment before I was born. She never remarried or had kids and she's lived a full life and has friends all over Europe. Women are not here just to be breeders. It's a personal choice and if Ocean isn't thrilled with motherhood that's her right. I'm sure that doesn't mean she hates her child. She's probably a fine mother. She'll just decide to not have more kids.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
How does your comment relate to reporting of whether or not abortion deaths were reported?
They weren't reported as botched abortions, because abortion was illegal. Duh. You're obviously old enough to remember when women didn't have abortions, they always called them D&C's, which wasn't a lie, so it was all good, even for Catholics. Don't try to tell me that didn't happen often. I grew up in NM, land of Roman Catholics:-) It happened, a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 36 min Opinion 14,693
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Jack 35,087
What's wrong with Tman, good ole Momma Chamberlin 1 hr Jack 112
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr Paul Yanks 307,132
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 46,226
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr Driver7789 10,313
The Three R's: Reichwing Republican Rants (Sep '10) 3 hr Just Saying 1,160

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
Jackson-Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••