Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311347 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#269792 Dec 13, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Knut was going on for several posts about Cpeter's mom not being a real Catholic. There was also something said about Bitner's mom. My post did not specifically name the perpetrator of the remark.
I don't think anyone on an anonymous forum has the ability to judge someone elses mother on their religious convictions. You're looking at your religion through rose colored glasses. Those who chose to leave the religion see it differently.
Let me explain this one more time. NOBODY is bashing anyones mother. The issue here is Cpeter AND Bitler deceiving us by claiming that their Moms were devout/authentic/practicing Catholics. IF they were in reality,NOTHING that they are saying about them is true.

It's like me trying to convince you that I am a McDonalds fanatic yet only eat Whoppers. Ya know what I mean? lol

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269793 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad family members didn 't complain. Maybe some women would have been saved if they were put out of business. Better to have a child and live then to die trying to kill it.
Yeah, it would have been nice if family members could have complained. But, then again; against whom would they complain? Only two people knew against whom could a complaint be filed, and one was dead and the other was not talking.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#269794 Dec 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who says that parenting a teenager is a bed of roses, hold the thorns, is a bold-faced liar. Teens are a developmental parental nightmare, lol. That's their job and, if their normal, they rise to the task with fervor. My girlfriend's daughter is a teen and she's an all-around good kid, but she's a teenager. Enough said.
My youngest is 14 (about to be 15 on Christmas) and she can be beyond miserable. Mornings are the worst. Stomping, slamming, crankiness and even horrible crying scenes because her hair isn't just right. The other morning I was shocked because she threw a fit over her hair and f bombed about 8 times. I won't stand for that!
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#269795 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't take their own promises seriously.
"I do" as long as everything is easy and someone better doesn't come along.
Yep,then they bash the ex and bail...onto the next whom they will promise to love til death do us part..FOREVER AND EVER.

I am not undermining anyone who is in a bad marriage. I understand fully that it could be one of the parties fault(not taking their vows seriously,drug/alcohol issues that destroy the marriage,infidelity,etc). It is a sad life for that person who has a spouse who refuses to make the marriage work by seeking help. I know many wonderful people who have had failed marriages(most had the issue prior to marriage and ignored it).

Bottom line is that people must understand the true meaning of a marriage before they enter it. That is why I think pre-cana classes are awesome to prepare couples for marriage. Many non-religious poo poo that idea but it is a great start to a healthy marriage to learn about communicating and giving of oneself 100% EVERY day.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269796 Dec 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who says that parenting a teenager is a bed of roses, hold the thorns, is a bold-faced liar. Teens are a developmental parental nightmare, lol. That's their job and, if their normal, they rise to the task with fervor. My girlfriend's daughter is a teen and she's an all-around good kid, but she's a teenager. Enough said.
It's the big picture.
Have a friend who's 16 year old son was killed. All of the inconveniences associated with raising kids doesn't start to compare with the pain of losing one. People should be grateful for what they have. I will be ever grateful.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269797 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't, not in the way I wrote them.
Do you think it is accurate to call someone a bigot because they prefer one religion over another for themselves and their children?
That's not why I called you a bigot, as I've explained to you at least twice now, Witless.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269798 Dec 13, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it would have been nice if family members could have complained. But, then again; against whom would they complain? Only two people knew against whom could a complaint be filed, and one was dead and the other was not talking.
I'm sure someone else knew.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#269799 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you ask for proof when you depend on the same type of testimonials? I don't doubt that some women never regret getting rid of the kid so why do you disregard these women's experiences?
You make statements as facts about things that you can't possibly prove. I decided to take you to task on it. You decided to take the challenge. That was pretty silly.
All you had to do is admit that you don't have hard numbers to prove how many women regret having an abortion. For all you know, those few testimonials that you read are the total number. I have never claimed or tried to prove any opinion I have given on the subject. I make it quite clear that I know what I know. I don't feel compelled to prove my opinion. I have to document and provide rationales for every action I perform on my job. It's not necessary to do it on Topix, for chrissake:-D

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269800 Dec 13, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Let me explain this one more time. NOBODY is bashing anyones mother. The issue here is Cpeter AND Bitler deceiving us by claiming that their Moms were devout/authentic/practicing Catholics. IF they were in reality,NOTHING that they are saying about them is true.
It's like me trying to convince you that I am a McDonalds fanatic yet only eat Whoppers. Ya know what I mean? lol
I have not lied.

YOU continue to do so, because you DID bash my mother.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269801 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>
My youngest is 14 (about to be 15 on Christmas) and she can be beyond miserable. Mornings are the worst. Stomping, slamming, crankiness and even horrible crying scenes because her hair isn't just right. The other morning I was shocked because she threw a fit over her hair and f bombed about 8 times. I won't stand for that!
Wow, maybe I would be against having kids too if mine acted like that.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#269802 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>
This is the post that you had written...
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>"Oh Bitler,you are just so clueless,it is sad.
Keep posting and confirming it for us that your Mom didn't practice her religion at all."
You stated Bitner's mother "didn't practice her religion at all."
At all? How do you know she didn't practice her religion "at all"? Where did Bitner ever post that her mother didn't practice her religion "at all"?
Because if she did,she wouldn't have said that her Mom did or said the things that she did.

Again,I can try to convince you that I am a McDonalds fanatic but live on Whoppers from Burger King. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that I am not even making sense.

I could care LESS what she or her mom did or didn't do. I don't know either. But,if you're going to post something contradicting,then expect a rebuttal. It's not personal.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269803 Dec 13, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> ^^says the thrice married man^^ who claims he never loved his wife and yet didn't seem to care that he was using her for sex.
I loved my late wife. G-d took her from me. Speaking in hindsight, although with a high degree of probability, if she had not died, we would have celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary this year.
sasssylicious wrote:
Unlike you,most people marry for love and commitment. The couple become ONE flesh. You can't separate the number one. The problem with what I see in many failed relationships,is that the couple went INTO the marriage with real issues that were NEVER addressed. As life goes on,with the ups and downs that it brings us,the marriage then falls apart.
The couple becomes one flesh only during sex. Outside of that, there are two people who together make up one home. My wife is NOT flesh of my flesh, and/or bones of my bones. That's a fallacy. She's not my property and I'm not hers.

Nothing is eternal; not even love. Love dies, but it can be re-kindled. Trust dies; but it can be re-gained. Respect also dies. And this cannot be re-kindled, nor re-gained. And I believe once respect is lost, the relationship is dead. No point beating up a dead horse. Better to part and save your sanity, than stay and kill each other. And that's what I did with my ex-wife.
sasssylicious wrote:
Communication is the key to success IMHO. Without that,things just snowball. With our human nature(we are selfish beings due to our sinful nature),it is easy to focus on what WE want out of the marriage. But,if you continually think of your spouse on the very same level as yourself,you wouldn't be focused on your own selfish needs and desires.
Communication is a two way street. No one can communicate with a wall, or a dead fish. Focusing on what we want about marriage is actually a healthy thing. How can you love someone if you're incapable of loving yourself? Whitney was right; "learning to love yourself it is the greatest love of all."
sasssylicious wrote:
Marriage isn't for wimps,that's for sure.
Or for manipulators either. Everyone, as you have consented, makes a choice in who you marry. You can also make a choice on whether to stay married to that someone.
sasssylicious wrote:
In the meantime,you take a vow to love your spouse for better or worse,and in a religious ceremony,that vow is before Almighty God. You then need to go to him for guidance and help when things are not going so well.
Marriage takes daily effort to put that person first. Daily prayer is needed in order to have a successful marriage. It's no different than your efforts to being a good parent. To play battle of the wills will lead to a failed relationship. It doesn't work.
Why do you find it necessary to preach the subject of marriage to me? Are you suggesting I need marriage counseling?

Location hidden

#269804 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So because they weren't supportive of the abortion, the family would let the abortionist get away with murder?
Either that, or the cause of death was covered up. There was a huge stigma attached to abortion. A family would lose community respect, support, reputation, income, credit, etc. You lack critical thinking skills.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#269805 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>
I personally didn't have issues that were out of the ordinary with my teenagers. I don't think that this makes me a great parent. I just lucked out. I hear nightmares about some peoples teens.

You speak about your 14yr olds miserable attitude-not liking the mornings,stomping,cranky,etc.. . Personally I think that it is just each individuals personality. I have several kids and they have different personalities ALONG with different life issues. Life today for young kids AND teenagers AND college age kids is not easy. I feel for them. I understand their misdirected misery. It comes out at home.

My mom used to prepare me for those years. I prayed to God every day to guide me. I prayed for him to allow me to say the right things,or when to keep silent(or as foo says QUITE). We got through those years very nicely.

My one daughter hates her hair to be brushed. She yells and cries when I brush it. She tells me to stop as if I am hurting her. I understand her pain. I also have a sensitive scalp and HATE my hair brushed or cut at the salon. I try to let my kids know that I understand their pain PERSONALLY or perhaps I haven't experienced it but understand that they are going through something.

That's parenting. That's marriage. Patience. Understanding. Unconditional love. Forgiveness.

I think many parents try to win the battle. LOL good luck.

Location hidden

#269806 Dec 13, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon.... you know Inky can't say she doesn't know something or doesn't have proof. All she's got are her lofty opinions which override any one elses.
And she can always revert to her "Duh, whadduyamean? I don't get it," routine. Blecch, how can a woman deliberately make herself look like a ninny?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269807 Dec 13, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Yep,then they bash the ex and bail...onto the next whom they will promise to love til death do us part..FOREVER AND EVER.
I am not undermining anyone who is in a bad marriage. I understand fully that it could be one of the parties fault(not taking their vows seriously,drug/alcohol issues that destroy the marriage,infidelity,etc). It is a sad life for that person who has a spouse who refuses to make the marriage work by seeking help. I know many wonderful people who have had failed marriages(most had the issue prior to marriage and ignored it).
Bottom line is that people must understand the true meaning of a marriage before they enter it. That is why I think pre-cana classes are awesome to prepare couples for marriage. Many non-religious poo poo that idea but it is a great start to a healthy marriage to learn about communicating and giving of oneself 100% EVERY day.
For sure marriage isn't for the weak and neither is child rearing. Those who aren't prepared or find it too difficult look for excuses rather than do the hard work to keep a family together, if possible. Some marriages can't be saved but many could if they cared to try. People used to get divorced for real unsolvable reasons and now they get divorced because of 'differences'. Who doesn't have differences?

Location hidden

#269808 Dec 13, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not Cain, and she's not Abel. In this case, I can say "Am I my [ex-wife's] keeper?"
She's a grown woman, with her own set of proclivities and prejudices. I am not responsible for her in any way, shape or form.
<quoted text>
It may seem that way, but it only seems that way.
<quoted text>
That's just your perception. I can differentiate between hating her, and hate against what she does to my daughter by her inaction. I have no reason to hate anyone the existence of whom I have disavowed.
<quoted text>
I have her raised by nanny's? Who told you that? My wife will not even allow me to have a sitter for her, because of the many risks involved. The only "nanny" my daughter has known, has been her step-sister, who sits for us once in a blue moon, so my wife and I can have some adult time. The remainder of the time, my daughter is either with me, or with my wife.
We all know that sasssylicious makes stuff up.

Location hidden

#269809 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>
Ugh, right? I never knew how little I know until my son became a teen and generously informed me.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269810 Dec 13, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You make statements as facts about things that you can't possibly prove. I decided to take you to task on it. You decided to take the challenge. That was pretty silly.
All you had to do is admit that you don't have hard numbers to prove how many women regret having an abortion. For all you know, those few testimonials that you read are the total number. I have never claimed or tried to prove any opinion I have given on the subject. I make it quite clear that I know what I know. I don't feel compelled to prove my opinion. I have to document and provide rationales for every action I perform on my job. It's not necessary to do it on Topix, for chrissake:-D
What's your problem? I said some women regret their abortions and offered examples. Rachael's Vineyard ministers to many young women in this situation. Google it if you want to know more, or don't.

Location hidden

#269811 Dec 13, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the big picture.
Have a friend who's 16 year old son was killed. All of the inconveniences associated with raising kids doesn't start to compare with the pain of losing one. People should be grateful for what they have. I will be ever grateful.
So will I. If you only knew what my family's been through. That doesn't detract from the challenges of raising a teenager. Teens are supposed to be a challenge. If they aren't, something's wrong. It's normal human development.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 5 min GEORGIA 14,666
Vote Hillary 8 min Nonlib 4
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 29 min Nonlib 11,002
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 42 min Forrest 15,459
Time to go? (Jun '15) 47 min Into The Night 11,978
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 55 min Into The Night 60,126
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 40,237

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages