Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311489 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269328 Dec 11, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say anything about necessary.
Is there some reason you can't answer the question as asked?
Sorry, I forget that you can only understand yes and no answers. Both would be wrong. In court the defense would have to prove that the killer had no choice or that he had some mental instability.
HuskerDu

United States

#269329 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
So, if the family doesn't want one...?
<quoted text>
Then they are disrespecting their mother.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269330 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that would be a tough case to prove . That is that the killing was neccessary.
Let's just hope you'll never have to find out.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269331 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
They're hysterical. They know nothing about my mother or my family but think they can upset me over a funeral mass that I didn't even make the decision about?
Their posts are some of the best reasons for people to become atheists; no god would allow these sad little people to represent him.
<quoted text>
Who is the 'they' in "they're hysterical"? I think only one poster responded to you about a funeral.
HuskerDu

United States

#269332 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
And a hale and hearty, "Who cares?" Mom sure didn't. She'd outlived all her close friends, her parents, her husband, and a child. She didn't have much interest in a mass. And why do you think I give a fu** what the RCC wants?
<quoted text>
Then you should have never called her a good Catholic. By the way,I went to a funeral a few weeks ago and the woman who died had no family, she still had a funeral Mass. The priest would still say a mass for the deceased even if no one shows up . YOU are afraid to enter a church, maybe you are too scared of burning up when you enter.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#269333 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So even though you might find child abuse, theft, murder or rape wrong, you could understand someone else having a different idea?
Is that what you are saying, right and wrong is different for different people?
So, because you find adultery wrong; you couldn't understand a couple being "swingers" because to them swinging is not wrong, but for you it is?

You think artificial birth control is wrong. Others, including some Christians, disagree. Can you understand why, or do you need me to draw it in crayon for you?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#269334 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I forget that you can only understand yes and no answers. Both would be wrong. In court the defense would have to prove that the killer had no choice or that he had some mental instability.
There, was that so hard to do?

He didn't ask about court, but about what YOU think, Moron.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#269335 Dec 11, 2012
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, really
<quoted text>
of course they were. which means they were not collateral damage. they were the intended targets
<quoted text>
duh, ya think?
<quoted text>
"seem" to? your elevator doesn't seem to go all the way to the top floor
They were strangers. In the wrong place at the wrong time.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269336 Dec 11, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There, was that so hard to do?
He didn't ask about court, but about what YOU think, Moron.
Glad I could dumb it down for you.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269337 Dec 11, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just hope you'll never have to find out.
Thanks.........I think.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269338 Dec 11, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
So, because you find adultery wrong; you couldn't understand a couple being "swingers" because to them swinging is not wrong, but for you it is?
You think artificial birth control is wrong. Others, including some Christians, disagree. Can you understand why, or do you need me to draw it in crayon for you?
I think you can put your crayons away. The point she wasn't making very well is completely transparent.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269339 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, oh, you wish, Witless.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#269340 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So even though you might find child abuse, theft, murder or rape wrong, you could understand someone else having a different idea?
Is that what you are saying, right and wrong is different for different people?
How many times are you going to ask the same question? You're back in dense mode after doing do well.(sigh)

Location hidden

#269341 Dec 11, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
They're hysterical. They know nothing about my mother or my family but think they can upset me over a funeral mass that I didn't even make the decision about?
Their posts are some of the best reasons for people to become atheists; no god would allow these sad little people to represent him.
<quoted text>
Exactly. These alleged Christians, here, are horrible role models for their religion.

Location hidden

#269342 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you don't understand the irony of your reply.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#269343 Dec 11, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> That would make you a pathetic man,but then you always were.
I love when you post. Each time you make a comment, you chase people away from your religion.
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> Its also for the deceased soul.
But.... wait.... souls are "eternal", what the hell is a deceased soul? You sound quite confused. No suprise there, piggy peggy.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#269344 Dec 11, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you don't understand the irony of your reply.
Such provocative posts today.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#269345 Dec 11, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think that the people in family court are the result of a irresponsible and reckless lifestyle rather than a disillusionment with motherhood
Actually I think SOME of the people in family courts are often the result of stupidity and a lack of edcuation, fostered in many cases by religous backgrounds.

No, I dont believe they're a result of "reckless lifestyles", and irresponsiblity causes a whole host of problems, not just those in courts.

I KNOW you make stupid blanket statements that are apropos of nothing.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#269346 Dec 11, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She's right.
Of course she is. Inkstain is just playing stupid yet again.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#269347 Dec 11, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
I love when you post. Each time you make a comment, you chase people away from your religion.
<quoted text>
But.... wait.... souls are "eternal", what the hell is a deceased soul? You sound quite confused. No suprise there, piggy peggy.
Excellent question. I doubt you'll get even a mediocre answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr Paris 11,344
Anna Harrington (Nov '15) 2 hr Jacklyn 6
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr Dan Snow 14,984
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr Paul Yanks 330,726
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr Paul Yanks 40,927
News Prince William hits DC; Kate joins NYC first lady (Dec '14) 4 hr Responsibility 15
Sanders Is A Phony 4 hr The Last Warrior ... 3

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages