Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#267252 Dec 1, 2012
"Your grandma wasn't proud. She knew the best part of you ran down your mama's sperm donors leg. Pity she didn't have the ability to abort. She wouldn't be proud of you." - Foo to NR

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
_______

Did somebody say Judaism?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#267253 Dec 1, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh no. Medically, a miscarriage is an abortion. The difference between the two's cause of death would simply read "induced" or "theraputic" vs "spontanious" (or missed, threatened, inevitable, incomplete, complete, habitual or etc) ABORTION.
http://www.wmedicine.com/what-are-the-types-o...
The woman doesn't know what she's talking about. She once wrote that she has read her relatives' medical charts (bullshit) so she thinks she knows how abortions of all types are charted. Pure horseshit, unbelievably stupid crap that comes out of that chick. But I'm supposed to take her seriously... LOL.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#267254 Dec 1, 2012
So now a uterus is a "death chamber" huh?@@ Pity your grandmothers wasn't.- Foo to NR

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

NOt Judaism.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#267255 Dec 1, 2012
I dont expect better from a dropout who was drinking and drugging as you were when you bothered to be IN school and not schtupping your druggie pedophile BF.- Foo

^^^ That's what Foo taught her foster-turned-adopted daughter.^^^
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#267256 Dec 1, 2012
"Toilet Twins." - Foo

_________

Fe Fi Fo Foo
She's about as close to Judaism as Tin Buck Two.

Atrisco Village

#267257 Dec 1, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>She claimed she was talking initially about a hypothetical, so it didn't count. Never MIND that her claim to KNOW somone that was "born in a PVS" was NOT a hypothetical and in fact was a flat out lie.
Yeah, I remember that.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#267258 Dec 1, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU on the other hand were a little druggie HS dropout slut that "murdered" FOUR "children" in less than five years. You DO remember the toilet twins right Lynniekins?
Foo to Lily last night: YOU on the other hand [Lily] were a little druggie HS dropout slut that "murdered" FOUR "children" in less than five years. You DO remember the toilet twins right Lynniekins?

______

Foo instructed Judaism to her adopted daughter, like Rosie O'Donnell instructs fitness.

Atrisco Village

#267259 Dec 1, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo & her Same-sex partner worship at the altar of the almighty orgasm. They bow to secularism & the culture of death. That is what their adopted daughter learned. She was taught neither true Judaism nor authentic Christianity. Especially not by example.
________
Foo: "to hell with the embryo or fetus."
Foo: "If its GOING TO DIE, if that's a known and forgone conclusion? They yes,'rip him apart, crush his skull, squich his beating heart'"
Why don't you like orgasms? You're very weird.

Atrisco Village

#267260 Dec 1, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo: Medically, a miscarriage is an abortion. The difference between the two's cause of death would simply read "induced" or "theraputic" vs "spontanious"
_________
"Simply"?
Grandma's death would SIMPLY say "died of natural causes" or "had her head blown off by a twelve gauge shot gun."
Your analogy is as inane now as it was the last time three times you tried to use it. It just doesn't work. You would not fare well in a philosophy class.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#267261 Dec 1, 2012
"[Ariel Richards] had been beaten and had been held against her will. She was found Wednesday, and was returned to her home in Florida last night after time in an Atlanta hospital."
_______

'Humblebrag is an opportunity for the attention-starved to stake a claim on our sympathy'

Embellish (Read: lie) for attention at the expense of others.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#267263 Dec 1, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Your analogy is as inane now as it was the last time three times you tried to use it. It just doesn't work. You would not fare well in a philosophy class.
If I may: The reason you abhor the example of grandma's head being blown off by a 12-gauge shot gun is because you intentionally & brutally killed your baby girl in your womb.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#267264 Dec 1, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Uh no. She said what what in the womb WAS human as in a human zygote, human fetus, human embryo - adjective, for that was the question you asked. Then you went off into the human dna bullshit.
Bitner clearly used "human" in noun form.

Ask her yourself.

Derp.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#267265 Dec 1, 2012
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
Abort the child you can't afford, you're a murder.
Give birth to the child you can't afford, you're a scumbag welfare mom. Welcome to world of the religious right
You intentionally left out adoption. Welcome to the culture of death.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267266 Dec 1, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner clearly used "human" in noun form.
Ask her yourself.
Derp.
The debate was never about "human". That's just your dishonest deflection. It was about the phrase "human being", which is not a scientific term, but a religious/philosophical term, and thus a matter of opinion.

But you know this, you just can't deal with it, so you want to pretend the argument is something else. As I said, you're deflecting.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#267267 Dec 1, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't provide proof out of context. I left the post numbers so anyone can go to where the post came from and go back and read. Like I do when there's a dispute about what is and isn't the truth of what someone posted.
I don't care what you claim you meant. You claim you meant you don't support abortion, yet Doc made it very clear using capital letters that he was saying you support a woman's RIGHT to abortion. You said you wouldn't say what's not true.
Either you lied, you can't read for comprehension, or both.
I was here, I read the entire thing in context as it was going on, and you refused to admit you supported a woman's RIGHT to abortion. Then a year later you admitted you do support a woman's RIGHT to abortion.
Credible people who have integrity in discussion know you lied. Those who post lies will ignore it.
Lily to Bitner: "you refused to admit you supported a woman's RIGHT to abortion. Then a year later you admitted you do support a woman's RIGHT to abortion."

Bitner's a mess.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#267268 Dec 1, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently so.
She'd really have a fit at my house, then, where in addition to Yule and Ostara, we would celebrate Christmas and Easter with my parents who would come to visit. My Dad still comes down every December, celebrates Yule with us (he doesn't stay up all night for the vigil, but he gets up to go with us to the beach and watch the sun rise), and then we celebrate on the 25th with him. Of course, it helps that the decorations are pretty much the same for both. After all, the church incorporated many of the symbols and colors the Pagans already used in order to make them more willing to "convert" :)
And not once have the kids ever been "confused" by this. No more than they were "confused" about Santa (that jolly old Elf), the Easter Bunny (bunnies being one symbol of the Goddess Eostre :), the Tooth Fairy. They were told what we believe, and what other religions believe, and they were told that what they believed would always be up to them to decide. I guess one reason it's so hard for Sassy to understand, is that her religion teaches absolutes, while others may teach that there are many ways to see the Divine, and they don't understand that myths were created as tools to teach underlying concepts, and are not meant to be taken literally.
When my kids asked questions about God and religion I would frame my answers as "some people believe..." this or that, and would tell them about my parents Christian beliefs and where they came from. Inevitably I would get questions about why the Baptists/Congregationalists/Mo rmons/Jews/Wiccans etc. are different. I would explain that they all believe in God (in some form) but in different ways, or that they worship in different ways. I would explain that nobody has seen God and that religious stories and beliefs get passed down from generation to generation. But I also tell them straight out that atheist or not I do not believe in Hell and I don't believe in sin. People will do both bad things and good things but I think as we get older we work harder to be better people, we don't just stagnate, we grow. And then I ask my kids what do they think, and both my kids believe there is a God, and that's fine.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#267269 Dec 1, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I should have elaborated on that. I'm pretty sure most normal Chrisitans know that Jesus, IF he existed at all, wasn't born on December 25th LOL
I think most Christians realize it now but I have run across fundies on other forums who shriek "lies!" to people who bring that up. I remember one fundie raving that people were "blaspheming" because they stated that Jesus' actual birth date is unknown.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267270 Dec 1, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Lily to Bitner: "you refused to admit you supported a woman's RIGHT to abortion. Then a year later you admitted you do support a woman's RIGHT to abortion."
Bitner's a mess.
Nonsense. Refusing to word my position in the specific words, just because Dic demanded I word it that way, was not a lie. I never said I don't support a woman's RIGHT to have an abortion, just like I never said I don't support a woman's RIGHT to continue her pregnancy. Therefore, I didn't lie. And my position supports her RIGHTS, not the choices themselves. It's really very simple.

LynneD's the mess.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#267271 Dec 1, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
Foo to Sassy: Animals are worth MUCH MORE than your kind are.
_______
Again, Foo's example did not teach her adopted daughter Judaism. She taught her daughter how to hate.
Ink wrote: <quoted text> "I really don't have a problem with you liberals aborting yourselves into oblivion and extinction."

Stop the hypocrisy.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#267272 Dec 1, 2012
There's seems to be another faux-Christian meltdown taking place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 16 min DILLIGAF 18,945
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min OzRitz 52,898
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 49 min Princess Hey 11,162
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr Paul Yanks 35,594
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 3 hr jimi-yank 3,836
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 3 hr TOASTER 3,244
News Rand Paul has a plan to convince Jewish voters ... 3 hr actually much muc... 1
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]