Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311629 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267288 Dec 1, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you did say that a D&C after a miscarriage is "an abortion procedure", and you were wrong.
Post 262413 in this thread.
Oct. 7, 2012
Foo wrote: "If a woman has a dead fetus in her, then yes, it IS an abortion procedure to get rid of the dead fetal matter."~
No, it's a dilation and curettage procedure as a treatment to prevent infection.
Maybe you should grow up. Calling people, who know more than you about a topic, "cow", makes you look even more stupid than your arguments make you look.
Post 262413 in this thread.
Oct. 7, 2012
Foo wrote: "If a woman has a dead fetus in her, then yes, it IS an abortion procedure to get rid of the dead fetal matter."

----------

Foo's dumber than a box of mullet hair.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267289 Dec 1, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave sources from all over the web, lying turd. Do you know that those 1 in 4 women raped claims were only from Mary Cuss and her pathetic magazine, no where else?
The only source I ever saw from you is that same blog. You later said that your posts with the "evidence" were removed.

The fact is that you didn't prove any of your claims. Not one. You just kept repeating your opinion, and the opinions of the other blogger, over and over again, as though THAT was proof enough. It was, and is, not.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267291 Dec 1, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee. Perhaps because they're so rare. In 2008, the latest recorded records with the CDC, there were only 12 deaths out of 784,507 abortions.
So what is it you'd like to hear from me about those 12 deaths? Do you know anything about any of those deaths? Were ANY of them from sepsis No Relevance? if so, how many? Who? Under what circumstances did they happen?
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss61...
The number of abortions is down SIGNIFICANTLY from prior years incidently.
Oh and for the question of whether D&C's are used for abortion?
"curettage accounted for 96.4%–98.3% of all abortions and then decreased to 94.7% of abortions at 18–20 weeks' gestation"
Keep trying to pull shit from your behind and acting like its relevant No Relevance. Its amusing to watch you try. LOL!
Foo: "Under what circumstances did they happen?"

Oh. You don't rush to judgement if women die from infection after an abortion procedure. But, you sure do if pregnant women die in a Catholic hospital.

Hypocrite.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267294 Dec 1, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee. Perhaps because they're so rare. In 2008, the latest recorded records with the CDC, there were only 12 deaths out of 784,507 abortions.
So what is it you'd like to hear from me about those 12 deaths? Do you know anything about any of those deaths? Were ANY of them from sepsis No Relevance? if so, how many? Who? Under what circumstances did they happen?
The number of abortions is down SIGNIFICANTLY from prior years incidently.
Oh and for the question of whether D&C's are used for abortion?
"curettage accounted for 96.4%–98.3% of all abortions and then decreased to 94.7% of abortions at 18–20 weeks' gestation"
Keep trying to pull shit from your behind and acting like its relevant No Relevance. Its amusing to watch you try. LOL!
The World Health Organization does not recommend D&C used as abortion proecedure (only recommended if suction is not available). Suction aspiration abortions are much more prevalent than D&C abortion procedures.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267296 Dec 1, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you call a D&C done years following a full term delivery that ends up removing remnants of fetal tissue? Is that technically an abortion of, say, an undeveloped twin not absorbed by the body? Would it be spontaneous or induced?
Katie: So what do you call a D&C done years following a full term delivery that ends up removing remnants of fetal tissue? Is that technically an abortion of, say, an undeveloped twin not absorbed by the body? Would it be spontaneous or induced?

Again, please define the following medical terms:

1) Spontaneous abortion

2) Induced abortion

TIA.

{{{ Bangs head against metal door }}}

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267297 Dec 1, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
But you still believe abortion isn't murder don't you? Nobody has the right to commit an abortion, useless feministic tween.
Abortion isn't murder. Murder is illegal killing. Abortion is legal. Since you cannot have legal illegal killing, abortion is, in fact, not murder. I don't have to BELIEVE, just know the facts.

No one "commits" abortion. Abortions are performed, by doctors. They are NOT crimes.

And every woman does, indeed, have the right to have one if she chooses, even if you don't like that fact, whiny little boy. The fact is, that what I support is her right to make her own choice regarding her own pregnancy. Nothing more.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267298 Dec 1, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all of the sites were blogs you idiot, look it uo yourself, if I can't quote them directly, feministic tweenager.
Again, the only one I saw, WAS that blog. You CLAIMED to have posted more, and then CLAIMED the posts were "removed". I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and related my experience trying to post with a link that Topix didn't like, and told you that may have been what happened to your posts, that they just never posted in the first place. I told you that you should find other links. But I never saw anything BUT the blog.

You have proven nothing. Deal with it, and stop whining like a little baby just because I won't take your word for it.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267299 Dec 1, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, okay. You make a big deal out of an old hypothetical in the middle of long-winded posts exclaiming how truth is so damn important to you. Give it up and move on already.
All Lily is doing is reviewing what you yourself posted. Take a look =>

"I believe before the cord is cut, before 1st breath is taken it is still technically a fetus."

"LIFE STARTS when the circulatory system starts on its own and can support life WITHOUT AN UMBILICAL CORD."

Until born and breathing, that "child's life" is nonexistent, imo.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#267301 Dec 1, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you like orgasms? You're very weird.
Yes NR is Weird with out a doubt..
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267303 Dec 1, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again for the stupid bitch Lynne D:
ITS THE EXACT SAME PROCEDURE. YOu can call it whatever the hell you want, but the MEDICAL FACT is that the D&C as an abortion is the SAME MEDICAL PROCEDURE as the D&C used to evacuate the uterus after a miscarriage.
An abortion is the termination of a pregnancy by the removal or expulsion from the uterus of a fetus or embryo, resulting in or caused by its death.
A miscarriage is an abortion. A miscarriage where the dead fetus is not expelled is still a pregnancy, and the D&C used to expel the dead fetus is the SAME PROCEDURE used to expel a LIVE fetus from a first trimester abortion D&C.
Call it a cumquat. Its the same thing.
<quoted text>
Lynne, Skanky doesn't know more than I do on this topic. Hell, she doesn't know more than the average 6th grader about it. For that matter, neither do you. The ONLY ones looking stupid here are you and the Skank.
** Foo: ITS THE EXACT SAME PROCEDURE. YOu can call it whatever the hell you want, but the MEDICAL FACT is that the D&C as an abortion is the SAME MEDICAL PROCEDURE as the D&C used to evacuate the uterus after a miscarriage.**

** Foo: D&C used to expel the DEAD fetus is the SAME PROCEDURE used to expel a LIVE fetus from a first trimester abortion D&C.**

Oh. So there is a difference. Dead. Alive.

Why contradict yourself? Just be honest.

** Foo: Call it a cumquat. Its the same thing.**

I think you mean the fruit kumquat.

How about we call look at the medical terms induced abortion & spontaneous abortion. These medical terms don't exist for table conversation. Ya know?

Jonesboro AR

#267304 Dec 1, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has the right to kill a baby you fool!
But every woman has the legal constitutional right to have an abortion.. Google Roe V Wade for further assistance in understanding that.. As there is no baby killed. Which would be an illegal act. There is nothing to your post. Outside of an hysterical fool sounding off over something that he or she know nothing about.

Jonesboro AR

#267305 Dec 1, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Whiny little boy? You've got nothing against me bitner. The baby is still alive. And in my book, morals are whats truly legal, I don't care what the democrats say. So in my book, lets start calling abortion murder.
Well that is certainly your own opinion.. Thankfully, it has no weight in the law.. So suck it up cup cake. Abortion is legal and is not murder.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267306 Dec 1, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The one regarding D&Cs that I was not discussing. You, yourself, just chastised me for it. Short-term memory problems or too lazy to look for yourself?
Katie, you were trying to convince us that there is no such thing as an induced abortion or spontaneous abortion...that they are the same thing "medically."

That is one of the dumbest things you've said this week.(I have to rate it on a weekly basis, because so much dumb comes from you)
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267307 Dec 1, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> No Lynne, that would be YOUR projecting.
<quoted text>
Psssst, stupid, I didn't say anything about that one way or another. I HAVE said ITS THE SAME PROCEDURE NO MATTER WHEN ITS DONE however.
<quoted text>
Yet I"ve proven MY claims. According to the CDC, a large percentage of abortions ARE done by curettage.
"2009, 74.2% of abortions were performed by curettage at &#8804;13 weeks' gestation"
Its possible that Ayakaneo didn't know. I didn't until I looked it up. No big deal.
<quoted text> As opposed to you who just pulls nonsense out from your ass then acts like it has validity and YOU have credibility.
<quoted text>
Oh Lynne, we understand enough to make a fool out of you EVERY TIME dear.
Foo: ITS THE SAME PROCEDURE NO MATTER WHEN ITS DONE however.

D&C abortion intends to kill.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#267310 Dec 1, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOLOLOL
I knew it! Manner of death does not change death - end of life. Just like manner of abortion does not change abortion - end of pregnancy.
Today's complimentary English lessons are thus concluded.
Your ignorance filled arrogance only displays why intelligent and sensible people like me have no respect in posting to idiots like you.

You-are-a-nutcase, and a condescending fool.

No one said anything about " does not change death - end of life", so your claim is senseless.

You posted: "Katie wrote:

<quoted text>
Then you'll have no problem proving death by gunshot is medically defined differently than death by heart attack."

It IS medically "defined" differently, and I provided the terms for how a gunshot is defined medically, you idiot. A bullet penetrating the body,[as opposed to] death by natural causes.

You also said, "Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"So far you've described two different causes of death."

Yes, for people who have adult reading comprehension skills, that means the deaths were caused by 2 different means, which is what proves the differences between the deaths. Death may be death, but that wasn't the issue, you pea brain. The issue was the differences between the causes of death. The difference MEDICALLY on how the causes of death are defined. It was pro-choicers who were trying to argue that causes of death doesn't make a difference because dead is dead, and it was as stupid an argument then as it is when you're making it now.

You're too stupid to realize that the CAUSE of death is where the differences are. Spontaneous abortion and induced abortion are DIFFERENT, even though they both result in death of the human life in utero.

Even legally your argument that cause of death is irrelevant doesn't hold up, or there wouldn't be prisons full of murderers. Obviously "cause of death" makes the difference there too.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#267311 Dec 1, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
the only victim here is you and it's of yourself. find help.
I'm not a victim. That's the game of pro-choicers, Toots.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267312 Dec 1, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you'll have no problem proving death by gunshot is medically defined differently than death by heart attack. So far you've described two different causes of death.
Are you saying a coroner arrives at same conclusion w/ each dead body he/she analyzes?

Really?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#267313 Dec 1, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing wrong with that :)
My kids are all still Wiccan. However, if they decided to be part of a different religion, or that they were Atheists, it wouldn't matter at all to me. As long as they are happy, what religion they are does not concern me. My parents never said diddly about my religion, except to ask questions about it. They were fine, so long as I was happy. And my kids are all adults, so it's really none of my business.
Yes, it's most important that our kids are happy and healthy. I don't feel that kids can just be told what to believe and that's it. As they grow up I think they should be allowed to find their own beliefs, and if they choose to stay with what they were brought up with to believe then that's just as valid, but it should be their choice. I've met too many adults who admit to feeling guilty about not following their parents beliefs, or won't admit it to their parents because they're parents would be hurt. I've met people who feel guilty just for questioning the beliefs they were raised on, and I'm talking middle-aged people! So you know religion was really hammered into these people.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#267314 Dec 1, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> I have never said a D&C was an abortion. I have said a D&C is an abortion procedure, it is the same procedure used regardless of elective or natural abortion to scrape the uterus. Let's clarify "procedure" shall we? procedure /pro·ce·dure/(pro-se´jer) the manner of performing something; a method or technique.
pro·ce·dure (pr-sjr)
n.
1. A series of steps taken to accomplish an end.
2. A surgical operation or technique.
For instance if you get an endoscopy for digestive problems in your throat and no problems are found in your throat but you're still having problems with digestion so you go back. This time the digestive problem is found to be in the stomach. The procedure the doctor used to look in your throat is the same exact procedure he/she is going to use to look in your stomach. Now if your problem is in your rectum which I think it is, then the procedure is a sigmoidoscopy.
lol, I knew you didn't have the integrity to correct the pro-choicer you kiss up to here, and here you are mincing words again.

All your info is useless, Toots, since the pro-choicers were saying that a D&C [after spontaneous abortion] was an "abortion procedure". It is not an "abortion" procedure in that case.

There's a difference between the terms "procedure" and "abortion procedure".

Dilation and curettage (procedure) used as treatment to prevent sepsis after miscarriage is not an "abortion procedure", regardless if the same procedure is used to induce abortion in early pregnancy in cases that are NOT miscarriages.

Also, where's your correction to Foo about people who claim D&Cs used in this day and age for abortions need to be educated, when she's been saying that all along? Hypocrite. lol

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267315 Dec 1, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
"Whiny little boy?"

Yes.

"You've got nothing against me bitner."

Only intelligence, maturity, common sense, logic and facts. That's all.@@

"The baby is still alive."

There is no "baby". Babies are already born.

Yes, the embryo/fetus dies. But it's STILL not murder.

"And in my book, morals are whats truly legal, I don't care what the democrats say."

Well, that's fine, because you're not talking to a Democrat. Sorry, but I'm a Republican.

"So in my book, lets start calling abortion murder."

No, because your "book" is nothing more than what you want to believe, based upon no facts whatsoever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 4 min met fan 41,540
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 min jimi-yank 332,127
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr rainmaker2016 15,187
Kate Wiegel atlantic city public defender a fil... 1 hr Plottmasteram 1
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 2 hr Jennifer 58
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 2 hr NEMO RINO Republican 11,974
News Clinton vs Trump: battle of the New Yorkers 3 hr barefoot2626 126

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages