Fox News viewers have an average IQ ...
half baked Trurh

Yonkers, NY

#62 Jan 1, 2013
The RawTrurh wrote:
<quoted text>
Your name is very appropriate based on your response"Half Baked Truth"
What you stated is merely your misguidrd opinion for which you provided no facts.
If you believe that the thousands of corporations and millionaires who paid no income tax in 2011 paid their fair share,that merely serves to confirm that your opinion is misguided.
You need to pay less attention to Fox News and Grover Norquist and pay more attention to Warren Buffett and other patriotic millionaires who are insisting that their taxes be raised in order to help their country resolve the financial crisis it currently faces...
"half baked Trurh" was an homage to you.

Since you can't define "fair share" (you said it, remember?) why are you off on a rant about people and corporations not paying a number which you yourself cannot quantify?
Rambunctious

Cocoa, FL

#63 Jan 1, 2013
half baked Trurh wrote:
<quoted text>
"half baked Trurh" was an homage to you.
Since you can't define "fair share" (you said it, remember?) why are you off on a rant about people and corporations not paying a number which you yourself cannot quantify?
Hey,thanks for paying me homage,but I prefer cash....

Nevertheless,let me give you a simple formula for fair share;
5% of Americans earn 95% of total U.S. income,but only pay 50% of taxes collected by treasury.
Therefore,it would be fair for those who earn 95% of the total income to pay 95% of the total taxes collected by IRS in order to support the system that allows them those advantages.
In other words,you pay according to your means....
You Gotta problem with that,
Go Blue yourself

Yonkers, NY

#64 Jan 1, 2013
Rambunctious wrote:
<quoted text>
5% of Americans earn 95% of total U.S. income,but only pay 50% of taxes collected by treasury.
Therefore,it would be fair for those who earn 95% of the total income to pay 95% of the total taxes collected by IRS in order to support the system that allows them those advantages.
I "gotta" BIG problem with your numbers.

First, are you talking about the top 5% of taxpayers? Or the top 5% of all Americans? The top 5% of all Americans is the top 10% of wage earners.

Anyway, if we have 150 million wage earners making an average salary of $50,000, that means that, according to you, the top 5% make an average of $950,000/yr and the bottom 95% of all taxpayers earn $2631/yr.

Yeah, that's what it comes out to. Do the math.

And, according to you, the bottom 95% pay more in income taxes than they earn.
Obskeptic

Novi, MI

#65 Jan 2, 2013
The RawTrurh wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not up to me to decide how much of a persons income is fair for the government to take,but,those who earn more under our economic system should pay more.To those who have much,much is expected.
These are the same people,whom,because of their wealth,hire lobbyists,lawyers and accountants in order to implement loopholes that benefit only them,in order to game the system for their personal benefit... For which Mitt Romney is the poster boy.....
Do you think it's fair for millionaires and super wealthy corporations to use loopholes,only available to them,in order not to pay any income taxes?
Each person should pay taxes according to their ability to pay and not according to their ability to game the system for their personal benefit.
I agree that the wealthy pay more to the treasury than any other group,but,it is the poor and middle class who risk their lives in order to defend the very system that permits the wealthy to accumulate their wealth.
Now,you tell me,Who is making the greater sacrifice?
If you were to make an objective assessment of what the poor actually contribute to our society, you would realize that they risk nothing. You must not travel outside the US very much, because to suggest that what we have in our country is poor, is to fail to accept reality. Real poor people do not have cars, flat screens, microwave ovens, or cell phones. The middle class is comprised of mostly the "follower class" which is why they remain in the middle class and struggle. The "rich" are leaders. They are the class that chooses to take risks, open businesses, make huge personal sacrifices, are highly motivated and have the self discipline and intellect to solve big problems and lead people. They deserve what they create. If their is a game for the rich to play to avoid accountability, it was our republicans and democrats that made that possible. The two parties are almost the same thing, so why is it you adore the liberal democrats, and hate everybody else in politics? Your democrats lie, rig the system, promote divisiveness and hate amongst our citizens and classes with even more vigor and enthusiasm then the republicans. They play politics with everything that happens in our society just to benefit democrats at the expense of the country. I can sure tell you who is making no sacrifice at all, and that is democrats. Cut spending and reduce the size of government? Their response is it can't be done.
Obskeptic

Novi, MI

#66 Jan 2, 2013
Rambunctious wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get your numbers? You seem to have very deep knowledge about things that are simply not true. You must watch MSNBC. So your "system" of "fairness" would be to take EVERYTHING a person makes above the national average income, and you think that would be fair? It would destroy the country for starters, which would be a terrible thing for humanity in the long run. We would all end up poor, and I don't think you would like standards of the new "poor".
Obskeptic

Novi, MI

#67 Jan 2, 2013
So the President flies from Washington to Hawaii, and then from Hawaii to Washington to sign a bullshit piece of meaningless legislation that kicks the can down the road for another month, then Washington to Hawaii for more vacation and golf, and then back to Washington in a week or so to continue his brand of failed leadership. How many poor people could he have fed with that colossal waste of resources? How many school age black children's deaths in Chicago could have been prevented. I guess it all depends what your priorities are, and this presidents largest goal is to make sure that republicans are blamed for his own incompetence and lack of qualifications for the job.
reality bites

Elmwood Park, NJ

#68 Jan 2, 2013
Hannity lost half his audience according to the latest Nielsens.
Obskeptic

Novi, MI

#69 Jan 2, 2013
reality bites wrote:
And he still blows CNN and MSNBC combined out of the water on a bad day, even accepting that information as a fact. One of the only left wing stations we have in the Detroit market on AM talk just went to static as of the New Year. Even people that are into hate get tired of listening to it, left or right, but we still have plenty of conservative talk on multiple stations. Thats because there is a market for conservatism and advertisers know it.
reality bites

Elmwood Park, NJ

#70 Jan 2, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
And he still blows CNN and MSNBC combined out of the water on a bad day, even accepting that information as a fact. One of the only left wing stations we have in the Detroit market on AM talk just went to static as of the New Year. Even people that are into hate get tired of listening to it, left or right, but we still have plenty of conservative talk on multiple stations. Thats because there is a market for conservatism and advertisers know it.
Don't think so as far as Hannity is concerned.
The advertisers know there are a lot of people with low IQ's they can sell anything to and they'll buy it.
Ergo Fox News and right wing media.
shrug

Yonkers, NY

#71 Jan 2, 2013
reality bites wrote:
They've been saying that since 1997.
reality bites

Elmwood Park, NJ

#72 Jan 2, 2013
shrug wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been saying that since 1997.
It's a matter of fact in 2013.
TARANTULA

Cocoa, FL

#73 Jan 2, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
That Fox News and Hannity still have an audience after all the misinformation,lies,gossip,gib berish and nonsense that emanates from that fountain of BS,merely confirms the heading on this thread.
their IQ"S are like the weather in Siberia,frigid and below zero
Correct-O-Bot

Reston, VA

#74 Jan 2, 2013
reality bites wrote:
<quoted text>
The Axelrod/Jarrett/Debbie Wasserface-Schultz fraudsters know there are a lot of people with low IQ's they can sell anything to and they'll buy it.
Ergo 4 more years of an incompetent amateur POTUS.
Corrected by Correct-O-Bot.

"Making America less stupid one post at a time since 2012."
Obskeptic

Livonia, MI

#75 Jan 3, 2013
TARANTULA wrote:
<quoted text>
That Fox News and Hannity still have an audience after all the misinformation,lies,gossip,gib berish and nonsense that emanates from that fountain of BS,merely confirms the heading on this thread.
their IQ"S are like the weather in Siberia,frigid and below zero
You should be so excited to find out that your favorite channel, Al Gores Currant TV, was just bought up by Al-jazeera. So now you can just switch between FSTV and Al-jazeera to get that high IQ information that your so full of. Left wing hate TV and radio is doing so well in the marketplace.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#77 Jan 3, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be so excited to find out that your favorite channel, Al Gores Currant TV, was just bought up by Al-jazeera. So now you can just switch between FSTV and Al-jazeera to get that high IQ information that your so full of. Left wing hate TV and radio is doing so well in the marketplace.
Look at you....playing what you percieve as, media connect the dots.....
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#78 Jan 3, 2013
Shlomov wrote:
Fox, NBC, CNN, CBS etc and all Main steam media are owned by the same Zionists
Of course you mean Joooos, right?
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#79 Jan 3, 2013
Rambunctious wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Karl, for your social(ist) insight.
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#80 Jan 3, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
So the President flies from Washington to Hawaii, and then from Hawaii to Washington to sign a bullshit piece of meaningless legislation that kicks the can down the road for another month, then Washington to Hawaii for more vacation and golf, and then back to Washington in a week or so to continue his brand of failed leadership. How many poor people could he have fed with that colossal waste of resources? How many school age black children's deaths in Chicago could have been prevented. I guess it all depends what your priorities are, and this presidents largest goal is to make sure that republicans are blamed for his own incompetence and lack of qualifications for the job.
Cost to operate AF1 =$181,757 per hour.

4 trips DC/HI at 11 hours/trip = 44 hours

Cost JUST FOR THE PLANE RIDES =$3,597,308
TARANTULA

Cocoa, FL

#81 Jan 3, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Michigan University recently conducted a study of 1000 individuals ,selected at random ,which results clearly indicate that those who watch reruns of The 3 Stooges are better informed on current events than those who rely on Fox News.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#82 Jan 3, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Cost to operate AF1 =$181,757 per hour.
4 trips DC/HI at 11 hours/trip = 44 hours
Cost JUST FOR THE PLANE RIDES =$3,597,308
Aren't you relieved, that Bush and other Presidents did'nt travel or ever use Air Force One and Secret Service?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 min Reality Speaks 312,845
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 45 min Bloody Bill Anderson 85
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,350
MILLENIALS BAMBOOZLED by TRUMP's DAZZLE ! 1 hr Millenials Killed... 1
SEX DOLL CONVERSION Selling Like HotCakes ! 2 hr Baroque Obama - T... 15
Madam President 2 hr Ivana Neuman-Trump 199
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr Paul Yanks 334,475

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages