Fox News viewers have an average IQ of 80

Posted in the Jackson-Heights Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
The Raw Truth

Ocoee, FL

#1 Dec 9, 2012
A study released last week claims that Fox News viewers have an average IQ of 80 - which is 20 points lower than the national average.

The study has won national media attention via Yahoo News, where it's been Tweeted 500+ times and gained over 600 comments. It's become one of the top ten "hot" politics topics on Reddit, and it was also written up at the Daily Paul.
Rachel Madcow

Trumbull, CT

#2 Dec 9, 2012
The Raw Truth wrote:
A study released last week claims that Fox News viewers have an average IQ of 80 - which is 20 points lower than the national average.
The study has won national media attention via Yahoo News, where it's been Tweeted 500+ times and gained over 600 comments. It's become one of the top ten "hot" politics topics on Reddit, and it was also written up at the Daily Paul.
....but 20 points higher than the average MSNBC viewer.
The Raw Truth

Ocoee, FL

#3 Dec 9, 2012
Rachel Madcow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have stated an opinion that I will try to verify with the facts.

MSNBC viewers are so dumb that
1) They refused to believe Karl Rove when he claimed that Romney would win the elections by a Landslide
2) They refused to believe Dick Morris,when he parroted the same opinion
3)Along with the opinions of Hannity,O'Reilly,Beck,Dobbs and other inhabitants of the Lunatic wards that predominate the Republican landscape.

Those who chose to believe them are now frantically trying to prevent their brains from seeking asylum at Federally Funded Mental Institutions operated by the Tea Party.......
My bad,you proved your point....
shameless-li

Fairfield, CT

#4 Dec 10, 2012
The Raw Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
1) They refused to believe Karl Rove when he claimed that Romney would win the elections by a Landslide
too bad rove and morris and a few others are no longer with fox news....
wonder where they'll go next....
War of the Worlds

Riverhead, NY

#5 Dec 10, 2012
The Raw Truth wrote:
A hoax story, but you believed it.

Nyah, nyah, nyah!!
The RawTruth

Ocoee, FL

#6 Dec 10, 2012
War of the Worlds wrote:
<quoted text>
A hoax story, but you believed it.
Nyah, nyah, nyah!!
Don't you believe it,it's no hoax. That is a rumor started by Sean Hannity and Bill O'reilly so their programs won't be terminated,like they did with Karl Rove and Dick Morris.

In any event,I did my own study for my thesis which appeared in the November edition of Psychology Today.

My thesis makes it very clear that,not only does Fox News draw it's audience from those with a lower intellect,but,I also found that those who watch Fox News on a regular basis will become afflicted by what I call,Intellectual Regression,where their IQ tends to deteriorate significantly after several days.
Rachel Madcow

Trumbull, CT

#7 Dec 10, 2012
The RawTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you believe it,it's no hoax. That is a rumor started by Sean Hannity and Bill O'reilly so their programs won't be terminated,like they did with Karl Rove and Dick Morris.
In any event,I did my own study for my thesis which appeared in the November edition of Psychology Today.
My thesis makes it very clear that,not only does Fox News draw it's audience from those with a lower intellect,but,I also found that those who watch Fox News on a regular basis will become afflicted by what I call,Intellectual Regression,where their IQ tends to deteriorate significantly after several days.
A Psychology student, LOL, that explains a lot about you.
The RawTruth

Ocoee, FL

#8 Dec 11, 2012
Rachel Madcow wrote:
<quoted text>
A Psychology student, LOL, that explains a lot about you.
The name Madcow says a lot about you.

Moreover,my research has led me to conclude that those who watch Fox News for more than one year,need not take an IQ test in order to determine their intelligence.Just ask for their shoe size and you have the answer.
uhhhhh Say what

Riverhead, NY

#9 Dec 11, 2012
The RawTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
If the average IQ of the viewers is 80, they would all be members of SEIU and watching MSNBC.

“Lovely year for a Guinness”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#10 Dec 12, 2012
Rachel Madcow wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL

and for anybody who referred to Cable News as a source for casting their vote, you might as well shave off another 20
The Fuzzy Truth

New York, NY

#11 Dec 12, 2012
the reason

Yonkers, NY

#12 Dec 28, 2012
The Raw Truth wrote:
This shouldn't come as a surprise, the posts on Topix by Fox viewers
only confirms the study.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#13 Dec 29, 2012
The RawTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate their inclination, to accept Fox's partisan political agenda as the absolute truth....even when presented by facts that disprove, what they have been taught.....
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#14 Dec 29, 2012
The RawTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
The name Madcow says a lot about you.
Moreover,my research has led me to conclude that those who watch Fox News for more than one year,need not take an IQ test in order to determine their intelligence.Just ask for their shoe size and you have the answer.
So basically what your telling us is that your thesis revealed the Fox News audience is comprised of mostly black, high school drop outs, and poor whites and latinos. You liberals are so good at peddling hate and divisiveness.
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#15 Dec 29, 2012
The Raw Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You have stated an opinion that I will try to verify with the facts.
3)Along with the opinions of Hannity,O'Reilly,Beck,Dobbs and other inhabitants of the Lunatic wards that predominate the Republican landscape.
Those who chose to believe them are now frantically trying to prevent their brains from seeking asylum at Federally Funded Mental Institutions operated by the Tea Party.......
My bad,you proved your point....
I wouldn't label the MSNBC viewers as dumb, but they are hate filled and better at peddling hate then any other channel.
Obskeptic

Sterling Heights, MI

#16 Dec 29, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I hate their inclination, to accept Fox's partisan political agenda as the absolute truth....even when presented by facts that disprove, what they have been taught.....
How is that hate thing working out for you GB?

Location hidden

#17 Dec 29, 2012
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically what your telling us is that your thesis revealed the Fox News audience is comprised of mostly black, high school drop outs, and poor whites and latinos. You liberals are so good at peddling hate and divisiveness.
This post represents a perfect example of the typical mean-spirited, yet low information, Fox viewer.....
I Saw Hoochie

Lindenhurst, NY

#18 Dec 29, 2012
Watching Fox news (with the sound off of course) at the gym this morning. I swear when the bimbo in the center stood up I saw her cooter.

Location hidden

#19 Dec 29, 2012
I Saw Hoochie wrote:
Watching Fox news (with the sound off of course) at the gym this morning. I swear when the bimbo in the center stood up I saw her cooter.
Think her name is Gretchen, alway's has either a fake smile, like a mom on Toddlers and Tiaras...or a scowl, like a black democrat just stole her car....I could'nt wait to watch Fox and Friends the morning after the election, just to see if she would explode....lol....
ZCs

Bronx, NY

#20 Dec 29, 2012
The far-right un-funny Greg Gutfeld filled in for O'Reilly on Friday and he started with his top story called: The Fiscal Cliff. Gutfeld started the show talking about the rapidly approaching "fiscal cliff" with the partisan Republican Senator John Thune, and no Democratic guest for balance.

Thune said this: "I'm glad the President is finally engaged, because you can't do big things here in Washington without presidential leadership, which is what we haven't had. At least he's now presenting something that will give us a chance to avert what everyone agrees would be a major financial disaster. But obviously there's a long way to go and it will be a tough needle to thread in order to get this done."

And that is just ridiculous, because President Obama has been engaged on this since the election, it's the Republicans who are blocking everything because the far-right of the Tea Party will not even go along with the rest of the party, they had a deal and the Tea Party killed it, so if anyone is not engaged it's the Tea Party idiots.

Greg theorized that taking no action and going off the "cliff" would please many Democrats, saying this: "This is a Democratic agenda with cuts to defense and higher taxes. What's not to love if you're a Democrat? Not to psychoanalyze the President, but he seems so obsessed with the top 2% that he's disengaged himself from the bigger problem, which is that we're headed toward being Greece."

And that is even more ridiculous, because Democrats do not want to go over the so-called fiscal cliff, they want a deal. Not to mention, we can never be anything like Greece, because we can print our own money and Greece can not. Plus we have the number of people to raise taxes to cover the debt if we need to, Greece does not.

Then Juan Williams and Republican strategist Alice Stewart were on with their views on the budget impasse. Williams said this: "I don't want to go over the cliff, because I have investments and it would be absolutely traumatic for the American economy and the global economy. If President Obama starts a second term with consumer confidence sinking, that's not good news for Democrats."

Earth to Juan Williams, even if we did go over the bogus fiscal cliff it would only be a small market loss, a deal would get done very quickly, and the markets would go back up, so either way your investments are going to go up, fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 1 hr Maude 4,180
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr red and right 53,577
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr -Sprocket- 11,482
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 2 hr Maude 19,215
Hillary is pushing 70 2 hr Maude 6
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr Paul Yanks 316,705
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr John-K 309,974
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]