Pollys Opinion

Custer, SD

#1 Jul 5, 2014
This is actually a thread started for "Except"

Would someone like to post up something original and intelligent on this issue.

A solution. What should be done that is legal and humane?

Should we make all illegal immigrants who committed a illegal act getting here citizens?

Should kids be sent home?

Is the Dream Act passed by the Senate the answer?

My feet are not completely set in concrete over the issue. I tend to like Mitt Romney's idea of self deportation. But for that to work there would have to be heavy fines applied to those who are employing them. I'm all for helping them return to where they came from in a humane manner.

If they "self deported" they could take whatever they have in acquired assets and go. I would be willing to help them leave but If they do not self deport and are caught I would humanely send them home with just their shirt on their backs. Basically the same way the arrived in violation of the law.

In all of this lets remember that we cannot go to either Mexico or Canada and just become citizens. Go there illegally and you will be kicked out or jailed. Same way with most other countries.

I have no problem with green card workers who preform work that most Americans refuse to.

Anchor babies are a tough one for me. Although the law says if they are born in the USA they are a citizen. I have a hard time accepting that an illegal act can produce a legal result if the parents are here illegally.

The one thing I know is that if they are allowed to stay under conditions -- they will not fulfill the conditions and in the end will just be made legal citizens.

I question whether politicians of either party have the guts to deal with the problem because of political backlash.

In addition it would not surprise me if illegals were at once protected by Churches. If that was the case then let the church house and feed them.
different

Tupelo, MS

#2 Jul 6, 2014
Simple. Make Mexico the 51 state. Problem solved.
American

Sparta, MO

#3 Jul 12, 2014
Pollys Opinion wrote:
This is actually a thread started for "Except"
Would someone like to post up something original and intelligent on this issue.
A solution. What should be done that is legal and humane?
Should we make all illegal immigrants who committed a illegal act getting here citizens?
Should kids be sent home?
Is the Dream Act passed by the Senate the answer?
My feet are not completely set in concrete over the issue. I tend to like Mitt Romney's idea of self deportation. But for that to work there would have to be heavy fines applied to those who are employing them. I'm all for helping them return to where they came from in a humane manner.
If they "self deported" they could take whatever they have in acquired assets and go. I would be willing to help them leave but If they do not self deport and are caught I would humanely send them home with just their shirt on their backs. Basically the same way the arrived in violation of the law.
In all of this lets remember that we cannot go to either Mexico or Canada and just become citizens. Go there illegally and you will be kicked out or jailed. Same way with most other countries.
I have no problem with green card workers who preform work that most Americans refuse to.
Anchor babies are a tough one for me. Although the law says if they are born in the USA they are a citizen. I have a hard time accepting that an illegal act can produce a legal result if the parents are here illegally.
The one thing I know is that if they are allowed to stay under conditions -- they will not fulfill the conditions and in the end will just be made legal citizens.
I question whether politicians of either party have the guts to deal with the problem because of political backlash.
In addition it would not surprise me if illegals were at once protected by Churches. If that was the case then let the church house and feed them.
This subject has more to do with VOTES in the 2016 election, than whether the children are here illegally and who will feed them. Some of the 'Children' are a part of a vicious gang (MS13. They are bringing scabies, lice, tuberculosis and a drain on our social security system that will be the total and complete downfall of our nation. More to add, but to overwhelmed to print it...

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#5 Jul 12, 2014
If we make the border secure. They can't get in. Problem solved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 4 min Halle Berry Sister 11,229
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min ritedownthemiddle 53,076
Is this girl flirting with my boyfriend? 50 min XoxxO 1
Dear Muslims (Oct '10) 1 hr pathetic 7
News NYPD officer shot in head dies, commissioner ci... 1 hr leftisthalftruths 63
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 1 hr Hillarys qualific... 3,415
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 2 hr El Nemo the Brill... 18,986
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]