H.S. Football talk back
Tornado Warning

Cutchogue, NY

#32416 Oct 27, 2010
Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> Was told Sewanhaka will be a 5th seed if they lost.
have them tied with hewlett in 4/5

Since: Oct 10

Jersey City, NJ

#32417 Oct 27, 2010
Can someone please explain to me why NEWSDAY only pubishes the stats for players of the WINNING team? I find this to be unfair since there are many REALLY good players with fantastic stats who can't get them published because they didn't win the game. Isn't this punishing those athletes who work hard and give everything they have to the game but can't get noticed because the team sucks?
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#32418 Oct 27, 2010
offensive lineman wrote:
Pat-Med 88" Conference III:
Hewlett 27
Plainedge 13
Manhasset 25
GNN 6
Lynbrook 27
Sewanhaka 24
Bethpage 28
Carle Place 12
Glen Cove 32
VS South 15
Lawrence 41
Division 7
Conference IV:
Mineola 18
Malverne 12
Island Trees 31
Friends 20
Seaford 36
Clarke 12
Floral Park 28
VS North 21
East Rockaway 32
North Shore 21
Roosevelt 38
Locust Valley 17
Well your finally picking against Malverne. What about the important South side west hempstead game? this has alot of bearing on the Power points in conference 3. can South Side upset 13th ranked West Hempstead?
If you think it's important, then he's my prediction:

West Hempstead 28
South Side 14
pequa chief

Tuckahoe, NY

#32419 Oct 27, 2010
Hey! Whats a Daler?
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#32420 Oct 27, 2010
pequa chief wrote:
Hey! Whats a Daler?
A copper coin.
li football

Valley Stream, NY

#32421 Oct 27, 2010
scuba_babie wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why NEWSDAY only pubishes the stats for players of the WINNING team? I find this to be unfair since there are many REALLY good players with fantastic stats who can't get them published because they didn't win the game. Isn't this punishing those athletes who work hard and give everything they have to the game but can't get noticed because the team sucks?
newsday is awfull !!!!!!!!!!
abe

Lodi, NJ

#32422 Oct 27, 2010
scuba_babie wrote:
its the wining team who calls in the stats so its up to the head coach of the winning team to provide stats some do and some dont...
scuba_babie

Milford, CT

#32423 Oct 27, 2010
abe wrote:
<quoted text>
its the wining team who calls in the stats so its up to the head coach of the winning team to provide stats some do and some dont...
So why would the winning team give the opposing team any credit? Something is wrong with this system- no?

“One Game at a Time!!!!”

Since: Aug 08

GO FLOYD!!!!

#32424 Oct 27, 2010
qist wrote:
They wouldnt have to play Longwood. Sachem North would. So Floyd and Sachem would be in Finals!!!
OH Rats!! Are you sure about that? I was hoping we'd get Lwood. We won 10 out of the last 11. I'd say the odds are in our favor. Why does SN get to have ALL the fun???

Since: Sep 10

Massapequa, NY

#32425 Oct 27, 2010
Floyd Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>OH Rats!! Are you sure about that? I was hoping we'd get Lwood. We won 10 out of the last 11. I'd say the odds are in our favor. Why does SN get to have ALL the fun???
Projected D1 standings, assuming that all favorites win this week:

1. SN
2. Floyd
3. Lwood
4. Connetquot
5. Northport
6. Lind.
7. Bayshore
8. Bwood
Ex-Sailor

Port Washington, NY

#32426 Oct 27, 2010
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oceanside beating East Meadow in 2006 never would've happened even if Blount had been the HC instead of Janosko. If you take leave out the LIC against Floyd, East Meadow was 10-0 Combined Passing 35/63 722 yards 8 td's, and Combined Rushing 511 carries 3,769 yards 45 td's. Points for/against 362-129. East Meadow was nice when they beat Oceanside 40-7 during the regular season, they could've tacked on another 21 points. Oceanside was giving up 24 points a game. Oceanside had basicly only Chris Logan, Danny Lazrus, Sean King and Shane Wynn. East Meadow used 11 players at RB in 2006. Even Coach Blount's first year at Oceanside the team gave up 258 points(32 points a game). Look what happened to East Meadow after 2006(5-4, 2-6). Last sean they came back at 7-2.
When Oceanside losses Nick Sherry(102 carries 735 yards 11 td.s), Gene Garay(70 receptions 1,236 yards 14 td's), Chris Hughs(38 receptions 542 yards 10 td's), and Tyler Heuer(208/322 3,179 yards 48 td's, rushing 67 carries 931 yards 12 td's), believe me they will need a few years to rebuild. The above stats are from 2006-present.
Again we shall see. I'm still enjoying Oceansides run even when I posted in August that these would be the team to beat in Conference I. I'm a big Tyler Heuer fan.
I played on that team that lost to East Meadow in the first round and I'm friends with one of the volunteers of this years team who also played for that team. East Meadow was a great team and better than any team this year. I think Heuer and Garay are great players and I know their great kids but that volunteer will tell you that 2006 had a lot of talent wasted under Coach Janasko. I don"t want to start bashing Janasko but praise Blount. That team went 3 receivers deep had a much better line than this years oceanside team and Chris Logan was just as talented as Heuer. I know its a shock to everyones system that a coach can make that much of a difference but next year ill come back to this forum and you will see a top-5 team in conference 1.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#32427 Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
I played on that team that lost to East Meadow in the first round and I'm friends with one of the volunteers of this years team who also played for that team. East Meadow was a great team and better than any team this year. I think Heuer and Garay are great players and I know their great kids but that volunteer will tell you that 2006 had a lot of talent wasted under Coach Janasko. I don"t want to start bashing Janasko but praise Blount. That team went 3 receivers deep had a much better line than this years oceanside team and Chris Logan was just as talented as Heuer. I know its a shock to everyones system that a coach can make that much of a difference but next year ill come back to this forum and you will see a top-5 team in conference 1.
If you were on that 2006 then you know how much depth East Meadow had that year #12 QB Mike Tracy 35/63 722 yards 8 td's, carried the ball 97 times for 730 yards 10 td's,#26 Andrew Rubenau 107 carries 991 yards 10 td's,#33 Alex Rivas 121 carries 948 yards 14 tds, and #40 Chris Bright 90 carries 623 yards 7 td's. If you combine all the 11 runners used during the course of the year they combined for close to 3,800 yards and 45 td's. I don't think Coach Blount would've made a difference for Oceanside.

Although I think he would've make a difference if he had coached East Meadow in the LIC against Floyd. Even today I can't figure why Coach Mascia went from a passing game that produced 145 yards and 2 td's in the first half and their total offensive yardage at the half was 276 yards with the score 21-20 at half time. Why would you come out in the second half and abandon the passing game which did nothing with Alex Rivas(3 carries 10 yards 0 td's), Chris Bright(9 carries 80 yards 0 td's). The whole second half offense was Andrew Rubenau who had 22 carries 146 yards and 0 td's. His lone td was from a 17 yard pass from Mike Tracy. The only rushing td came from Chris Bright. Yes, I know they had All Long Island OL/DL John Elliot, but Floyd was reading the run all day, they did have porblem with the passing game.
Da Fan

East Northport, NY

#32428 Oct 27, 2010
TheToe wrote:
<quoted text>
Projected D1 standings, assuming that all favorites win this week:
1. SN
2. Floyd
3. Lwood
4. Connetquot
5. Northport
6. Lind.
7. Bayshore
8. Bwood
If that is the final standings I would not be shocked if Floyd and Longwood lost in the first round. Beside Sachem North being a lock the rest of the playoffs is going to be very interesting.
Da Fan

East Northport, NY

#32429 Oct 27, 2010
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were on that 2006 then you know how much depth East Meadow had that year #12 QB Mike Tracy 35/63 722 yards 8 td's, carried the ball 97 times for 730 yards 10 td's,#26 Andrew Rubenau 107 carries 991 yards 10 td's,#33 Alex Rivas 121 carries 948 yards 14 tds, and #40 Chris Bright 90 carries 623 yards 7 td's. If you combine all the 11 runners used during the course of the year they combined for close to 3,800 yards and 45 td's. I don't think Coach Blount would've made a difference for Oceanside.
Although I think he would've make a difference if he had coached East Meadow in the LIC against Floyd. Even today I can't figure why Coach Mascia went from a passing game that produced 145 yards and 2 td's in the first half and their total offensive yardage at the half was 276 yards with the score 21-20 at half time. Why would you come out in the second half and abandon the passing game which did nothing with Alex Rivas(3 carries 10 yards 0 td's), Chris Bright(9 carries 80 yards 0 td's). The whole second half offense was Andrew Rubenau who had 22 carries 146 yards and 0 td's. His lone td was from a 17 yard pass from Mike Tracy. The only rushing td came from Chris Bright. Yes, I know they had All Long Island OL/DL John Elliot, but Floyd was reading the run all day, they did have porblem with the passing game.
That East Meadow team was very good. If Floyd played them 10 times I think they would of split. I did not think they were going to beat East Meadow that day. You are right even with that huge offensive line and all Long Island lineman John Elliot they could not run the ball on Floyd. East Meadow could not stop Floyds spread offense in the second half which suprised me since they played Freeport and saw the offense before. To me that is the best game Longo has ever called. On paper East Meadow was the better team and Floyd beat them up, especially in the second half.
lballday

Beacon Falls, CT

#32430 Oct 27, 2010
How come no1 has mentioned Richard Paul Ohrnberger from East Meadow that is currently on the Patriots practice squad
lballday

Beacon Falls, CT

#32431 Oct 27, 2010
32-21 Sewanhaka
THE PROFFESSIONAL

Brooklyn, NY

#32432 Oct 28, 2010
li football wrote:
<quoted text>
newsday is awfull !!!!!!!!!!
Mannnn your so right who the heck runs that site.Thats so screwed up.
THE PROFFESSIONAL

Brooklyn, NY

#32433 Oct 28, 2010
offensive lineman wrote:
"Nassau 3" The kids at Lynbrook were so over confident that they would blow out Lawrence and look what happened.I think they took Lawrence for granted and focused on Sewanhaka.This will be a very physical game.I think either team can win this game. I believe Lynbrook will get more people involved in the offense this week. Also Bruton has been hurt and if he is healthy to play he could be involved in the offense big time. Last week he only played a half and was used as a decoy. If Lynbrook wins I believe they will run the table. If not its up for grabs between Lynbrook Sewanhaka Lawrence and Hewlett.
Is Sewanahka that good that you think they can beat Lynbrook? They seem very one dimensional so if you can stop the run and move the ball on offense enough I dont see why lynbrook should not win this game. Where did sewanaka get this oline players. they did not seem to play last year
Run the table? Are you serious? lol Sewanhnaka will take this one.Oh and Lynbrook is not one dimensional ok right.Stop the run and Lynbrook is finished.
Conf One

Glen Cove, NY

#32434 Oct 28, 2010
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That East Meadow team was very good. If Floyd played them 10 times I think they would of split. I did not think they were going to beat East Meadow that day. You are right even with that huge offensive line and all Long Island lineman John Elliot they could not run the ball on Floyd. East Meadow could not stop Floyds spread offense in the second half which suprised me since they played Freeport and saw the offense before. To me that is the best game Longo has ever called. On paper East Meadow was the better team and Floyd beat them up, especially in the second half.
If I remember correctly, they didnt stop Freeport either. They outscored them. In fact, they they came back late in county final to win.
offensive lineman

Ramat Gan, Israel

#32435 Oct 28, 2010
"THE PROFFESSIONAL"] Run the table? Are you serious? lol Sewanhnaka will take this one.Oh and Lynbrook is not one dimensional ok right.Stop the run and Lynbrook is finished.

My post was in response to Nassua 3, he said Lynbrook will run the table if they beat Sewanhaka and if they lose its an open field.

I thought Lynbrook would beat Sewanhaka though

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Norcross brothers behind troll factories 2 hr Tony 1
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 hr Paul Yanks 45,411
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr Paul Yanks 339,030
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr rainmaker2016 18,392
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr ThomasA 315,316
joey d`s pizzeria (Aug '09) May '17 Lisa 3
News Don Rickles, legendary comic, dead at age 90 Apr '17 He made me laugh 1

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance