conf 3 fan wrote:
plainedge vs hewlett predictions??
Plainedge banged up with Jones/Tardalo.
An Old Sailor

New York, NY

#32394 Oct 27, 2010
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oceanside beating East Meadow in 2006 never would've happened even if Blount had been the HC instead of Janosko. If you take leave out the LIC against Floyd, East Meadow was 10-0 Combined Passing 35/63 722 yards 8 td's, and Combined Rushing 511 carries 3,769 yards 45 td's. Points for/against 362-129. East Meadow was nice when they beat Oceanside 40-7 during the regular season, they could've tacked on another 21 points. Oceanside was giving up 24 points a game. Oceanside had basicly only Chris Logan, Danny Lazrus, Sean King and Shane Wynn. East Meadow used 11 players at RB in 2006. Even Coach Blount's first year at Oceanside the team gave up 258 points(32 points a game). Look what happened to East Meadow after 2006(5-4, 2-6). Last sean they came back at 7-2.
When Oceanside losses Nick Sherry(102 carries 735 yards 11 td.s), Gene Garay(70 receptions 1,236 yards 14 td's), Chris Hughs(38 receptions 542 yards 10 td's), and Tyler Heuer(208/322 3,179 yards 48 td's, rushing 67 carries 931 yards 12 td's), believe me they will need a few years to rebuild. The above stats are from 2006-present.
Again we shall see. I'm still enjoying Oceansides run even when I posted in August that these would be the team to beat in Conference I. I'm a big Tyler Heuer fan.
I always bow to your knowledge of High School football, and you do have the statistics that can be brought up to counter any argument. Is there a website that you go to that has all these stats?
Anyway, I agree that we all have no idea what is going to happen at Oceanside next season with the graduation of such key seniors.
Oceanside got killed by graduation in 1978 and never recovered all these 30+ years. Back then there was no ability seeding so when the season began in '78 and Oceanside lost a few games, there was shock throughout Nassau, but for those of us who knew, it wasn't a shock that they fell back to earth.
I do recall you saying that if their defense improved, they'd be a team to reckon.
One last thing, unlike pro or even college, High School teams have a very small window of opportunity. Let's just enjoy this year Oceanside backers.
Tornado Warning

Bronx, NY

#32395 Oct 27, 2010
offensive lineman wrote:
<quoted text>
If sewanhaka loses maybe they are 4th seed. Anyway I dont think that this is what is on the players minds. What else do you think about what I wrote regarding the game
A sewanhaka loss will put them 4th in a tie with Hewlett, Hewlett will be at Sewanhaka.
Not Surprised

Bronx, NY

#32396 Oct 27, 2010
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I got a chance to witness the Massapequa Mustangs this past Sunday and it was quite commical. My sons 7 & 8 year old team was playing out in Riverhead when we saw an Army of kids and parents roll up in a bus and in cars. When I saw it was a team from Massapequa I ask one of the coaches what brougt them all the way out to Riverhead. He said with his chest all puffed out "Where the Mustangs and we play in the Patriot division. They stepped up to us and we back down from know one" Now mind you this was 10 or 11 year old kids. I watched a little of the game because it was right after my sons game and the Massapequa parents were out of control. They were cheering like it was the friggin LIC. I kind of got the impression that the coaches and parents were more concerned with winning then their kids learing. I would much rather my kid lose every game at this level but know the game inside and out by time he gets to the varsity level. The goal should be to win then not when they are 10 years old. Maybe that is why Massapequa's varsity team has not been very succesfull lately.
Not at all surprised but that is everywhere with the parents
Tornado Warning

Bronx, NY

#32397 Oct 27, 2010
Tornado Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
A sewanhaka loss will put them 4th in a tie with Hewlett, Hewlett will be at Sewanhaka.
if lynbrook wins, hewlett win, bethpage win, lawrence & even w. hempstead over s,side--
1-lyn
2-law
3-beth
4-sew
5-hew
6-plain
7-gcove
8-man
def

Ronkonkoma, NY

#32398 Oct 27, 2010
qist wrote:
They wouldnt have to play Longwood. Sachem North would. So Floyd and Sachem would be in Finals!!!
longwood vs connetquot and connetquot wins seems like connetquot owns longwood. sachem north vs connetquot county championship.
Nassau 3

Woodmere, NY

#32399 Oct 27, 2010
Tornado Warning wrote:
<quoted text>
if lynbrook wins, hewlett win, bethpage win, lawrence & even w. hempstead over s,side--
1-lyn
2-law
3-beth
4-sew
5-hew
6-plain
7-gcove
8-man
Was told Sewanhaka will be a 5th seed if they lost.
lballday

Fairfield, CT

#32400 Oct 27, 2010
offensive lineman wrote:
"Nassau 3" The kids at Lynbrook were so over confident that they would blow out Lawrence and look what happened.I think they took Lawrence for granted and focused on Sewanhaka.This will be a very physical game.I think either team can win this game. I believe Lynbrook will get more people involved in the offense this week. Also Bruton has been hurt and if he is healthy to play he could be involved in the offense big time. Last week he only played a half and was used as a decoy. If Lynbrook wins I believe they will run the table. If not its up for grabs between Lynbrook Sewanhaka Lawrence and Hewlett.
Is Sewanahka that good that you think they can beat Lynbrook? They seem very one dimensional so if you can stop the run and move the ball on offense enough I dont see why lynbrook should not win this game. Where did sewanaka get this oline players. they did not seem to play last year
They can pass trust me and there oline is full of juniors that are huge
offensive lineman

Tel Aviv, Israel

#32401 Oct 27, 2010
"Tornado Warning" A sewanhaka loss will put them 4th in a tie with Hewlett, Hewlett will be at Sewanhaka.

A Hewlett loss or forfeit. Would that mean we play Bethpage? Looks like an easier path to Hofstra than playing at Sewanhaka. If I was a coach I might just consider it because this system is pathetic.
lballday

Fairfield, CT

#32402 Oct 27, 2010
You guys think other teams didn't know sewanhaka is one dimensional. Why cant they stop Wint, Woods, and Cobb. There offense is similar to 07 bethpage they were able to beat plainege in the nassau final without passing the ball once. And don't sleep on Isiah Pollack. When asked he can air it out. And Besides the beast defense ends the Lynbrook defense is pretty soft. Tackle Chris Jean (6-3 265) and guard Kareem Are (6-6 315) will be able to put a push on lynbrooks dline. this game is going to be a barnburner
def

Ronkonkoma, NY

#32403 Oct 27, 2010
qist wrote:
They wouldnt have to play Longwood. Sachem North would. So Floyd and Sachem would be in Finals!!!
i think odd # in same bracket and evens are in so 1st place sn and 3rd place floyd 2nd place longwood and 4th place connetquot, thats my guess if i am wrong it wouldn't shock me.
Nassau 3

Woodmere, NY

#32404 Oct 27, 2010
offensive lineman wrote:
"Tornado Warning" A sewanhaka loss will put them 4th in a tie with Hewlett, Hewlett will be at Sewanhaka.
A Hewlett loss or forfeit. Would that mean we play Bethpage? Looks like an easier path to Hofstra than playing at Sewanhaka. If I was a coach I might just consider it because this system is pathetic.
Are you kidding me? You are saying Iaquinta should throw the game to possibly get an easier game.Should Lynbrook throw their game by resting players since they have 1st seed locked up? Every team will go all out to win this week.
offensive lineman

Tel Aviv, Israel

#32405 Oct 27, 2010
"lballday" You guys think other teams didn't know sewanhaka is one dimensional. Why cant they stop Wint, Woods, and Cobb. There offense is similar to 07 bethpage they were able to beat plainege in the nassau final without passing the ball once. And don't sleep on Isiah Pollack. When asked he can air it out. And Besides the beast defense ends the Lynbrook defense is pretty soft. Tackle Chris Jean (6-3 265) and guard Kareem Are (6-6 315) will be able to put a push on lynbrooks dline. this game is going to be a barnburner

Good Anylsis. Dont know if Sewanhaka can pass though. We have a plan that next time we play we are going to run between the legs of Kareem and Jean :)
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#32406 Oct 27, 2010
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
I always bow to your knowledge of High School football, and you do have the statistics that can be brought up to counter any argument. Is there a website that you go to that has all these stats?
Anyway, I agree that we all have no idea what is going to happen at Oceanside next season with the graduation of such key seniors.
Oceanside got killed by graduation in 1978 and never recovered all these 30+ years. Back then there was no ability seeding so when the season began in '78 and Oceanside lost a few games, there was shock throughout Nassau, but for those of us who knew, it wasn't a shock that they fell back to earth.
I do recall you saying that if their defense improved, they'd be a team to reckon.
One last thing, unlike pro or even college, High School teams have a very small window of opportunity. Let's just enjoy this year Oceanside backers.
As soon as the playoff's begin I will be attending the Oceanside games. Yes, the key was the play of the defense, the longer Tyler stays on the field the more dangerous he is.

My brother and I have been accumulating stats for Nassau and Suffolk football and even certain parts of Upstate for the past 12 years. We supplied most of the stats for the NYSSWA. We use to supply a great deal of information to the LIBlitz.com but Joe Braico seems to have not wanted to continue it this season. We've been trying to get a hold of him so that possibly my brother and I could continue it and even expand to include some PAL, and upstate Sections close to the Island.

I would also like to expand the Nassau & Suffolk playoff features and run the NYS Tournament on the site. We'll see.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#32408 Oct 27, 2010
Week #8 Nassau Predictions:

Conference I:

Baldwin 21
Hicksville 18

Oceanside 32
Freeport 27

East Meadow 20
Syosset 14

Farmingdale 31
Massapequa 13

MacArthur 40
Herricks 0

Uniondale 34
Hempstead 9

Conference II:

Carey 34
Elmont 14

Long Beach 31
Westbury 22

Mepham 38
GNS 6

Wantagh 35
Calhoun 6

New Hyde Park 21
Roslyn 14

Garden City 45
Bellmore 0

*VS Central 2
Jericho 0
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#32409 Oct 27, 2010
Conference III:

Hewlett 27
Plainedge 13

Manhasset 25
GNN 6

Lynbrook 27
Sewanhaka 24

Bethpage 28
Carle Place 12

Glen Cove 32
VS South 15

Lawrence 41
Division 7

Conference IV:

Mineola 18
Malverne 12

Island Trees 31
Friends 20

Seaford 36
Clarke 12

Floral Park 28
VS North 21

East Rockaway 32
North Shore 21

Roosevelt 38
Locust Valley 17
offensive lineman

Tel Aviv, Israel

#32410 Oct 27, 2010
"Nassau 3' Are you kidding me? You are saying Iaquinta should throw the game to possibly get an easier game.Should Lynbrook throw their game by resting players since they have 1st seed locked up? Every team will go all out to win this week.

Your right. I think the colts should have gone all out to finish the season undefeated a few years ago. it cost them in the playoffs. I always believe in going all out, just upset that my boys dont get a homefield playoff game for having a fine season. this is pathetic and the system needs to address this.
offensive lineman

Tel Aviv, Israel

#32412 Oct 27, 2010
Pat-Med 88" Conference III:
Hewlett 27
Plainedge 13
Manhasset 25
GNN 6
Lynbrook 27
Sewanhaka 24
Bethpage 28
Carle Place 12
Glen Cove 32
VS South 15
Lawrence 41
Division 7
Conference IV:
Mineola 18
Malverne 12
Island Trees 31
Friends 20
Seaford 36
Clarke 12
Floral Park 28
VS North 21
East Rockaway 32
North Shore 21
Roosevelt 38
Locust Valley 17
Well your finally picking against Malverne. What about the important South side west hempstead game? this has alot of bearing on the Power points in conference 3. can South Side upset 13th ranked West Hempstead?
Tornado Warning

Bronx, NY

#32413 Oct 27, 2010
Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> Are you kidding me? You are saying Iaquinta should throw the game to possibly get an easier game.Should Lynbrook throw their game by resting players since they have 1st seed locked up? Every team will go all out to win this week.
flatfooted power point tie with hew/sew i get if they win-hewlett, and sewanhaka losses, that is with lawrence, bethpage, and even w.hempstead beating sside, that would mean game is at sewanhaka. Also w.hemp beating sside helps out bethpage over hewlett,
Tornado Warning

Bronx, NY

#32414 Oct 27, 2010
offensive lineman wrote:
"Nassau 3' Are you kidding me? You are saying Iaquinta should throw the game to possibly get an easier game.Should Lynbrook throw their game by resting players since they have 1st seed locked up? Every team will go all out to win this week.
Your right. I think the colts should have gone all out to finish the season undefeated a few years ago. it cost them in the playoffs. I always believe in going all out, just upset that my boys dont get a homefield playoff game for having a fine season. this is pathetic and the system needs to address this.
also last week's vss win over gnn helped out bethpage big time over hewlett. this week same scenario with whemp vs s.side, hewlett played sside & bethpage played whemptead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Earthling-1 53,542
Rangers talk back (Oct '07) 15 min jimi-yank 7,472
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 19 min jimi-yank 316,607
Ode to Bush (Mar '09) 22 min mjjcpa 1,871
What does DIRTY NAOMI have over KING scene "Kat... 24 min Diana Vickery 6
Manspreading: Reason to arrest? 28 min too close for com... 14
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 31 min De Oppresso Liber 4,154
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]