“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#2887 Mar 26, 2014
the don wrote:
<quoted text> I believe where both saying the same thing OL and DL just a question of who's first and who's second both should be studs..if lewan on the board for the Gmen 12th pick...I think reese should take him if he's gone with the other top OT then I agree a Starting (not a work in progess) DL should be # 1...plenty of very good OL available at 2 and 4 picks, think we get a TE in the 3 slot a RB at 5 maybe a WR at the other 5 slot..Giants need to get into the playoffs this year or Reese might be gone..

Yes we are! All good..no more work in progress guys in round 1 or 2
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#2888 Apr 1, 2014
Giants make a couple of more defensive signings adding FA cornerback Zack Bowman who spent his first six years with the Bears playing in all 16 games in 2013 with 3 interceptions...Giants now have seven corners on the roster with NFL experience..Giants resigned Mike Patterson defensive tackle to fill in as depth behind presumed starters Cullen Jenkins and Johnathan Hankins...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#2889 Apr 1, 2014
This draft is rich in Wide Receivers and the Giants will be looking to replace Hakeem Nicks..If the Gmen are willing to pick a receiver in the 2 or 3 spot they might find Mike Evans, 6-5, 225 pounds Texas A&M, or Kelvin Benjamin, 6-5, 235 pounds Florida State, Allen Robinson, 6-3
210 pounds Penn State....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#2890 Apr 1, 2014
the don wrote:
This draft is rich in Wide Receivers and the Giants will be looking to replace Hakeem Nicks..If the Gmen are willing to pick a receiver in the 2 or 3 spot they might find Mike Evans, 6-5, 225 pounds Texas A&M, or Kelvin Benjamin, 6-5, 235 pounds Florida State, Allen Robinson, 6-3
210 pounds Penn State....

Evans goes in round 1...Although with Tuck and linval gone it's possible they take a shot at one of the top 2 wideouts. Whether it's the guy from Michigan at offensive tackle or Donald at defensive tackle gmen will get a solid 1...

Amazing how they are locking up defensive backs. Looks like they will carry at least 10 on the roster.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#2891 Apr 2, 2014
gmen with another good signing. ayers of Denver at d end...

good player and will help out the rotation

just might mean gmen take evans the wide out at 6'5 tall...he is predicted to go in the top 15 picks...and second best wide out...

leaves the gmen room to go defense line, tight end or offense line...with picks 2 and 3...

and fills a huge void with nicks gone...
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#2892 Apr 2, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
gmen with another good signing. ayers of Denver at d end...
good player and will help out the rotation
just might mean gmen take evans the wide out at 6'5 tall...he is predicted to go in the top 15 picks...and second best wide out...
leaves the gmen room to go defense line, tight end or offense line...with picks 2 and 3...
and fills a huge void with nicks gone...
Gmen sign another big blocker 6' foot 5" former left tackel of the Saints Charles Brown..Brown a forme second-round pick of the Saints in 2010 becomes the fourth offensive lineman signed by the Giants since the start of free agency. He joins guard Geoff Schwartz (KC) center J.D.Walton (Redskins) and guard/tackle John Jerry (dolphins).

Brown is the 12th veteran free agent signed by the Giants the past three weeks. Coughlin said the Giants wanted to add beef up front under new OC Ben McAdoo, Brown certainly fits the goal as the Giants four blocking additions weigh in at an average of 6-5, 320 pounds...

Reese has been very active in FA and the way he going got to believe WR and TE will be picked in first three rounds...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#2893 Apr 2, 2014
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Gmen sign another big blocker 6' foot 5" former left tackel of the Saints Charles Brown..Brown a forme second-round pick of the Saints in 2010 becomes the fourth offensive lineman signed by the Giants since the start of free agency. He joins guard Geoff Schwartz (KC) center J.D.Walton (Redskins) and guard/tackle John Jerry (dolphins).
Brown is the 12th veteran free agent signed by the Giants the past three weeks. Coughlin said the Giants wanted to add beef up front under new OC Ben McAdoo, Brown certainly fits the goal as the Giants four blocking additions weigh in at an average of 6-5, 320 pounds...
Reese has been very active in FA and the way he going got to believe WR and TE will be picked in first three rounds...

its looking that way...when you crunch humbers, they usually keep 8 or 9 lineman on the roster for offense...do the math adding in pugh and beatty and you are right near it...bet they still draft a center in round 5...as they have 2 picks...maybe even round 4

but, I agree, wide out and then tight end and a good young runner as they are not deep at running back, no guarantee Wilson is healthy enough to come back and take the pounding..

reese has been commited to getting big and YOUNG help...almost all are under 30...mara did say they were looking for the draft to basically fix more of the offense..bet it was wide out and tight end...I do like evans, a big target that is real quick...bet eli would also..
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#2894 Apr 2, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
its looking that way...when you crunch humbers, they usually keep 8 or 9 lineman on the roster for offense...do the math adding in pugh and beatty and you are right near it...bet they still draft a center in round 5...as they have 2 picks...maybe even round 4
but, I agree, wide out and then tight end and a good young runner as they are not deep at running back, no guarantee Wilson is healthy enough to come back and take the pounding..
reese has been commited to getting big and YOUNG help...almost all are under 30...mara did say they were looking for the draft to basically fix more of the offense..bet it was wide out and tight end...I do like evans, a big target that is real quick...bet eli would also..
A couple of the Mock Drafts have Evans going before the Gmen pick..and Lewan as well..But Aaron Donald will be around..

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#2895 Apr 2, 2014
the don wrote:
<quoted text> A couple of the Mock Drafts have Evans going before the Gmen pick..and Lewan as well..But Aaron Donald will be around..

alot depends on the 3 qbs....if they go down as expected...2 big tackles on offense go for sure...lewan would be 3...clowny....kahli the big linebacker from buffalo...watkins the wide out....

i check all the mocks on so many sites...some have him going as late as 16...

i like donald and no doubt reese has choices...donald would be a great pick and there are other big wide outs later...he is the closest to a hakeem with the big hands and he has plaxico size...evans...

regardless, i feel we get a good pick and at a need position..

now watch reese takes a linebacker. lol

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#2896 Apr 4, 2014
Gmen going wild signing players. Today a good blocking tight end.

Are these moves setting up the draft? To me Donald is a must. After that a tall wide out...tight end...center..back up running back in round 5...With 2 more picks to go.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#2897 Apr 11, 2014
Ankle Surgery sidelines Eli for 6 weeks No running...lol Eli not much of a runner so it shouldn't be a big deal...Eli's now 33 and had been injury-free in the last 10 years with the Gmen...
JETS 4 LIFE

Warwick, RI

#2898 May 8, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
Gmen going wild signing players. Today a good blocking tight end.
Are these moves setting up the draft? To me Donald is a must. After that a tall wide out...tight end...center..back up running back in round 5...With 2 more picks to go.
Tonight is the name Big Blue fans and we will see what Reese has up his sleeve...... Gmen already worked on the defensive secondary and now it's time to work on the pass rush......

Blockers first and weapons second?.... Or defense first and weapons second?... DL and OL could be the first two picks.....A good TE and WR should be available in 3rd round......

Some Mock drafts have them taking Aaron Donald with their First Pick..... I don't think think Ebron will fall past #10......
JETS 4 LIFE

Lawrence, MA

#2899 May 8, 2014
So Big Blue went on the offensive side of the ball with their first pick.... WR Odell Beckham JR.... I'm ok with the pick and teaming him up with Cruz, Randle Manningham will be good for Eli..... Wasn't expecting him to go in the first round though because their were other WR are better in my opinion......

His size may be problem, but he's lightning quick, a great route runner, can high point the ball, he has great body control and a natural hands catcher grabbing the ball with his huge hands away from his body constantly......

Nor to mention I saw him unafraid going over the middle in the SEC, a willing downfield blocker, can play x,z, or slot receiver...... He’s a home run hitter and adds a lot of speed to the receiving corp..... I'm sure Eli is smiling as we speak lol.....

Again though his height could be a issue and that's another reason why I wasn't high on him and Marquis Lee from USC..... I could be wrong because I've seen smaller WRs have great careers...... So we shall see about this one......
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#2900 May 9, 2014
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
So Big Blue went on the offensive side of the ball with their first pick.... WR Odell Beckham JR.... I'm ok with the pick and teaming him up with Cruz, Randle Manningham will be good for Eli..... Wasn't expecting him to go in the first round though because their were other WR are better in my opinion......
His size may be problem, but he's lightning quick, a great route runner, can high point the ball, he has great body control and a natural hands catcher grabbing the ball with his huge hands away from his body constantly......
Nor to mention I saw him unafraid going over the middle in the SEC, a willing downfield blocker, can play x,z, or slot receiver...... He’s a home run hitter and adds a lot of speed to the receiving corp..... I'm sure Eli is smiling as we speak lol.....
Again though his height could be a issue and that's another reason why I wasn't high on him and Marquis Lee from USC..... I could be wrong because I've seen smaller WRs have great careers...... So we shall see about this one......
A great pick by the Gmen once Titans took my first choice Taylor Lewan with the 11 pick (figure that one)..Once Watkins and Evans went off the board Beckham Jr was the next best 1st pick receiver.Last time the Gmen won a SB they had great receivers ...Once again Reese loaded up for Eli with Big time receivers and kinda believe a Big TE will be within the next two picks..Lots of Big OT/G available...
JETS 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#2901 May 9, 2014
the don wrote:
<quoted text> A great pick by the Gmen once Titans took my first choice Taylor Lewan with the 11 pick (figure that one)..Once Watkins and Evans went off the board Beckham Jr was the next best 1st pick receiver.Last time the Gmen won a SB they had great receivers ...Once again Reese loaded up for Eli with Big time receivers and kinda believe a Big TE will be within the next two picks..Lots of Big OT/G available...
Also with Beckham its about body control mostly on certain catches..... He's going to for good with the offense and he's learning from one one of the best qbs in the NFL.....

A lot of 2nd rounders are going to be pushed into the 3rd which will also work out well for the GMEN...... That means they don't need to trade.... OL can come from anywhere later in the draft.....

Ealy could well be a possibility at #43..... Agree about a big TE and OT/G with the next 2 picks..... I thought they would go defensive with the first pick.......Jace Amaro (TE, Texas Tech) or Troy Niklas (TE, Notre Dame) could be on the Giants listen.....
ChillaxBra

United States

#2902 May 9, 2014
I just looooooove watching sweaty men tackle other men in the football.

Make me happy someplace!:)
JETS 4 LIFE

Bronx, NY

#2904 May 12, 2014
Well GMEN fans you guys had a good draft in my opinion..... 2 for sure starters in Odell and Richburg..... Maybe a steal with Bromley.....

I give this draft a B, but I wouldn't be surprised if this winds up being one of Reeses best drafts....
Outside of Beckham, none of these guys look like a home run..... He has a chance to be ROY.....

There is the distinct possibility that 3 years from now this draft will have added 5 starters, which are picks 1-5...... Also these are all guys who love football, are driven to work at perfecting their craft, and will push their teammates to be the best they can be......

There’s plenty of athletic busts, but guys with good, maybe not great, athletic gifts and obsessive work ethic will succeed..... Not to mention we know Coughlin will push these guys hard like always.....

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#2905 Jul 26, 2014
Next Sunday the gmen have there 1st exibition game. To funny. BOY ELI will again lead the league in picks and that horrible team will go 3-13 this year. LMAO! I cant wait. Last place gmen is calling

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#2906 Jul 26, 2014
TMAN_Mets wrote:
Next Sunday the gmen have there 1st exibition game. To funny. BOY ELI will again lead the league in picks and that horrible team will go 3-13 this year. LMAO! I cant wait. Last place gmen is calling

Too bad the gmen don't play the jets todd. We recall what happened last time. 99 yards. Cruz ..little brother jets.
the Don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#2907 Jul 28, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad the gmen don't play the jets todd. We recall what happened last time. 99 yards. Cruz ..little brother jets.
good factual post...this could be/should be Rex's last season as Jets HC.....Maybe he can get a job as one of Bill Belichick assistants..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 13 min TMAN_Mets 340,256
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 53 min weapon X 317,482
TRUMP to have REPUBLICAN GUARD at WHITEHOUSE ! 1 hr TRUMP WALL a NO-GO 13
NORF KOREA to Invent FUSION POWER Next ! 1 hr STEVEN COLD BEAR ... 12
TRUMP to DONATE $1 MILLION to HOUSTON RELIEF ! 1 hr STEVEN COLD BEAR ... 8
IT TWERKED ! .. No Talk about RUSSIA or TAXES !... 1 hr Don Quixote - Ins... 48
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 1 hr Benny Mussolini -... 3,085

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance