JETS 4 LIFE

East Hartford, CT

#2636 Sep 15, 2013
Good morning GMEN and NFL fans..... It's week 2 of NFL Sunday..... Brother vs brother today at Metlife Stadium.... Broncos vs Giants... Here are some keys to the game.....

First off, let's see of the GMENs running game and offensive line plays better today..... I really don't see the Giants turning the ball over 6 times for 2 weeks in a row..... Jacobs and Wilson have to get the ground game going...... Champ Baily isn't playing.... Eli will have a great game because the Broncos defense is not the same....

On defense, getting pressure on Payton and the.play of the Giants safeties will be huge keys..... Safeties have to trick Peyton at the last minute.... Broncos running game isn't that impressive.... Run defense has been great for the GMEN so far.... Be physical with Welker..... Damarius Thomas is a beast..... The tightened Thomas was a surprise replacing Tammy..... To many weapons to deal with if you don't get pressure on Peyton.....

It's going to be a great game.... I think both qbs will play well and it may be high scoring..... Turnovers and pressure on the qbs will be some keys to victory..... I hate to do this, but I'm picking the Broncos to win 28-27.... I'm praying the GMEN prove me wrong because I don't want to see them fall 0-2....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#2637 Sep 15, 2013
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
Good morning GMEN and NFL fans..... It's week 2 of NFL Sunday..... Brother vs brother today at Metlife Stadium.... Broncos vs Giants... Here are some keys to the game.....
First off, let's see of the GMENs running game and offensive line plays better today..... I really don't see the Giants turning the ball over 6 times for 2 weeks in a row..... Jacobs and Wilson have to get the ground game going...... Champ Baily isn't playing.... Eli will have a great game because the Broncos defense is not the same....
On defense, getting pressure on Payton and the.play of the Giants safeties will be huge keys..... Safeties have to trick Peyton at the last minute.... Broncos running game isn't that impressive.... Run defense has been great for the GMEN so far.... Be physical with Welker..... Damarius Thomas is a beast..... The tightened Thomas was a surprise replacing Tammy..... To many weapons to deal with if you don't get pressure on Peyton.....
It's going to be a great game.... I think both qbs will play well and it may be high scoring..... Turnovers and pressure on the qbs will be some keys to victory..... I hate to do this, but I'm picking the Broncos to win 28-27.... I'm praying the GMEN prove me wrong because I don't want to see them fall 0-2....

gmen always seem to get field goals...not to good in the red zone..so, my numbers diffent..34-31...home team!!
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#2638 Sep 15, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
gmen always seem to get field goals...not to good in the red zone..so, my numbers diffent..34-31...home team!!
I was hoping they would prove me wrong, but they couldn't get a rhythm on offense.....

They couldn't get the running game going once again..... It's going to take some times..... 3rd down was not kind to them.... Also the turnovers once again bugged the hell out of me....

Defense couldn't get pressure on Peyton..... They were still in th game until that turnover by Randle..... Missed opportunities also hurt also.... A dropped 3rd down pass by Nicks, dropped by Myers on a another 3rd down and the int before the half.... It's hard to overcome that.....

Well they have a chance to bounce back next week..... It's no how you start it's how you finish.... NFC East is still wide open.....
Paul Yanks

Chicago, IL

#2639 Sep 15, 2013
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> That fat slob is and always will be a joke....
Congrats to your Boys for winning..... Romp only has bruised ribs and the defense looks like it's going to be a force this year...... Kiffin really has them hustling.... Murray will get the ground game.going.... Just have to stay healthy..... Next up are the Chiefs.....
Thanks my friend.....now both of our teams are 1-1....
Southern Giants Fan

Weaverville, NC

#2640 Sep 16, 2013
I've become a big fan of Oakland and Jacksonville because without them we'd be the worst team in football.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#2641 Sep 16, 2013
2006 a lot of people called for Coughlin's job and I thought it was well deserved criticism of a poorly coach team. 7 years later and 2 Super Bowls the team is at another crossroad in the future of the head coach. I will add that the gm has drafted poorly at the offensive line position and linebacker position, and the fact they we continue have a new tight end every season is baffling at best. I know salary concerns are part of the NFL but to continue to sign one year contracts to below avg talent in the hopes that they will magically become playoff caliber position players is insanity at the highest level.We run the shot gun draw as number one running play, look it up and we wonder why we can't run the ball,most teams zone block we just send a lead fullback into the hole and the entire defense just follows him to the ball carrier. I know there are a few teams that still use the fullback but most teams just use double tight end formations, that's right we don't consider the tight end position that important. What a mess, still my team but what a mess.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#2642 Sep 17, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
2006 a lot of people called for Coughlin's job and I thought it was well deserved criticism of a poorly coach team. 7 years later and 2 Super Bowls the team is at another crossroad in the future of the head coach. I will add that the gm has drafted poorly at the offensive line position and linebacker position, and the fact they we continue have a new tight end every season is baffling at best. I know salary concerns are part of the NFL but to continue to sign one year contracts to below avg talent in the hopes that they will magically become playoff caliber position players is insanity at the highest level.We run the shot gun draw as number one running play, look it up and we wonder why we can't run the ball,most teams zone block we just send a lead fullback into the hole and the entire defense just follows him to the ball carrier. I know there are a few teams that still use the fullback but most teams just use double tight end formations, that's right we don't consider the tight end position that important. What a mess, still my team but what a mess.
interesting post a lot of which I agree with..by the way the last time this team lost its first two games they won a Superbowl.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#2643 Sep 17, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> interesting post a lot of which I agree with..by the way the last time this team lost its first two games they won a Superbowl.
53 man roster only 8 players from 07 team, Webster, Ross, Manning, Snee,Tuck,Kiwanuka,DeOssie, Diehl, anyone else? My point not the same team, hope I'm wrong.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#2644 Sep 18, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:

gm supplies the team with players. blame reese for taking the past 2 fourth round picks on wastes of times..instead of lineman or linebackers...or drafting a prime time linebacker in the past 2 drafts. although reese did a great job in the 07 draft and had some success...look at the marvin Austin number 2 round draft pick...he had not played when picked..and was a huge bust..they could have gone linebacker or offensive lineman...as for the double tight end, you need good blocking ones and they have not really had one who could...Bennett last year was a good blocker and a decent tight end. they let him fly when he wanted to stay. myers cannot block and Pascoe is average..

but tom needs the players. 5 linebackers when roster cuts made? 2 of which were bad? ugh. they got some big guys to stop the 150 yd a game rushing, but they are run stoppers not pass rushers...moore the guy they drafted as a 3 is good, but got hurt.

reese stated, everyone is on notice....lets hope he is also.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#2645 Sep 18, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> interesting post a lot of which I agree with..by the way the last time this team lost its first two games they won a Superbowl.

that's a great point. fact. good thoughts. just ask green bay or the niners about playing this team.[ or new England]
Southern Giants fan

Weaverville, NC

#2646 Sep 19, 2013
So Indy can swing a deal for Trent Richardson but we can't ? Instead we'll live with no running backs this year and keep our first round pick next year ? for what, another bad pick ? I hope Giant upper management has noticed Reese has done zero.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#2648 Sep 19, 2013
Every team in NFC east zone block except the Giants, they still have the fullback lead into the hole, or they run the shotgun draw. Being last in the league in rushing is a direct reflection of a stubborn organization that hates change. They rely on cheap contracts hoping they can magically turn these players into playoff caliber position players. The tight end position on offense and the linebacker position on defense are prime examples of being cheap and paying for it on Sundays. They have offensive linemen who would probably be bench players on any playoff caliber team, Booth, Snee (overrated son in law), Baas, Diehl, and a bunch of young untested linemen Pugh, Mosley, and Corder. Beatty is the only linemen who could possibly be rated as a above average linemen and they wonder why they can't run.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#2649 Sep 19, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
Every team in NFC east zone block except the Giants, they still have the fullback lead into the hole, or they run the shotgun draw. Being last in the league in rushing is a direct reflection of a stubborn organization that hates change. They rely on cheap contracts hoping they can magically turn these players into playoff caliber position players. The tight end position on offense and the linebacker position on defense are prime examples of being cheap and paying for it on Sundays. They have offensive linemen who would probably be bench players on any playoff caliber team, Booth, Snee (overrated son in law), Baas, Diehl, and a bunch of young untested linemen Pugh, Mosley, and Corder. Beatty is the only linemen who could possibly be rated as a above average linemen and they wonder why they can't run.

stated it before, this falls on reese....2 years of wasted 4th round picks...no linebackers. I think pugh will be ok at right tackle or guard. snee was picked by players as an all pro, he is still hurting it appears from his hip surgery. Diehl is beyond bad and baas was a horrible free agent signing...boothe is a great sub. mosley? unknown at this point. maybe a guard.

anyone recall they could have drafted anyone of the great tight ends last year? or werner the maniac d end? or a linebacker? they took pugh...
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#2650 Sep 19, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
that's a great point. fact. good thoughts. just ask green bay or the niners about playing this team.[ or new England]
Anything can happen and I still say they can get things going despite the 0-2 start..... Eli is pressing a little because the defense is not playing well..... I can't see him playing like that all year long.... No way possible.....

Running games will get better...... Wilson.learned his lesson and don't forget the big guy Jacobs will produce as well.... Wideouts are still making plays which is one positive sight.....

Defense, well the GMEN are going to have to work with what they have... Run defense has been great so far.... Pass rush may get better once JPP is back 100%...... Joseph and Jenkins have been good and in time the pass rush will come along..... I agree about the linebackers.....

It's a long season and they have only played 2 games so far..... Also it's not how you start it's how you finish......
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#2651 Sep 19, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>53 man roster only 8 players from 07 team, Webster, Ross, Manning, Snee,Tuck,Kiwanuka,DeOssie, Diehl, anyone else? My point not the same team, hope I'm wrong.
Good point, but remember these players have the experience and you need that in certain positions.... Especially when you are replacing and tweaking other areas..... They have more talented players than just about any team...... They will get better..... Trust me......

As for the one year contracts, maybe they are trying to catch lighting in a bottle and also it's all a business...... GM doesn't want to throw away money and I don't blame him.... Sure sometimes you have to spend something, but sometimes it's not worth it in the long run..... Like I was telling Jim you have to work with what you have at the moment......

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#2652 Sep 20, 2013
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Anything can happen and I still say they can get things going despite the 0-2 start..... Eli is pressing a little because the defense is not playing well..... I can't see him playing like that all year long.... No way possible.....
Running games will get better...... Wilson.learned his lesson and don't forget the big guy Jacobs will produce as well.... Wideouts are still making plays which is one positive sight.....
Defense, well the GMEN are going to have to work with what they have... Run defense has been great so far.... Pass rush may get better once JPP is back 100%...... Joseph and Jenkins have been good and in time the pass rush will come along..... I agree about the linebackers.....
It's a long season and they have only played 2 games so far..... Also it's not how you start it's how you finish......

"how you finish"...yup, so very true. Gmen fans know the good and bad of that.
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#2653 Sep 22, 2013
Good morning Giants fans and NFL fans all over the world......Today is NFL Sunday and week 3 in the best sport in the world..... The New York Giants travel to Carolina looking for their first win of the season..... Here are the keys for the Giants to win this game.......

On offense, Eli Manning must keep the turnovers down and don't force the issue like he has been.doing for the first two games..... The offensive line must get the running game going.... Wilson and Jacobs must run hard and don't fumble the ball..... Panthers linebacking core with Kuechly and Benson have been great to start the year..... Thomas vs Cruz and Munnerlyn vs Nicks..... The edge goes to the Giants in that department...... Three starters from the Panthers secondary could be missing the game.....

On defense, Giants must slow down the running back Williams..... He is great in space in very hard to tackle.... D line should get to Newton who has gotton a little better...... Webster vs Lafell and Prince vs Smith will be good battles on the outside..... Prince has played great so far..... Linebackers have to help contain Newton is he decides to run.....

So in conclusion I really can't see the Giants going 0-3 on the season.... They have to much talent and pride to do that..... I expect Eli to have a great game.... It may be close because both teams are looking for their 1st win..... The GMEN will get a close win in the 4th and move 1-2 on the season..... GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#2654 Sep 22, 2013
That's 5 regular season losses in row, everything I posted last week has come to light. You guys need to stop sugar coating a bad football team

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#2655 Sep 22, 2013
As I reported to you losers after the first OTAs in early July the G-men are one of the 3 worst teams in football. They have the worst secondary in football the worst linebackers in football the worst defensive line against the run in football, the worst offensive line in football, the worst tight ends in football, the worst running backs in football, and the worst special teams in football. The QB is an interception machine and the wide receivers are a joke in traffic over the middle, but they can dance LMFAO. What a joke of a team
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#2656 Sep 22, 2013
No doubt, but the path the 2013 Giants are on leads to an offseason of overhaul. Two-time Super Bowl champions will start to feel as though they're on a farewell tour. Coughlin himself isn't going anywhere -- he'll coach the team as long as he wants to coach it. But this is starting to set up as the kind of year that makes you wonder how much longer he'll want to. These Giants, because of the deterioration they've allowed to happen on their offensive line and in their defensive front seven, are on the cusp of a rebuilding project. There's no other way to view what they've put on tape for the past calendar year.

This isn't a 2013 problem. This is deep-seated, foundational rot. And the Giants aren't getting any better any time soon. The last paragraph of great article written by ESPN writer Graziano Sunday evening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 4 min Princess Hey 15,360
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 8 min Princess Hey 14,573
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min IB DaMann 60,011
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 55 min met fan 40,086
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr FuMan Chu Yanks 329,647
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Chelsea (Nov '13) 1 hr SPAM-A-LOT 31
Bernie Sanders Endorses Hillary Clinton 1 hr feel that BERN baby 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages