the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#2571 Apr 29, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>They took a QB alright...probably the worst one in a draft, they are being laughed at here in NY...but you were right on target about Boy Eli the interception machine, more than any other QB the last three years...you forgot to mention the passing yardage he gets before the games over...38 percent of his passing yardage comes after the catch, the highest percentage in football...in other words when he throw 15 yards downfield it's intercepted or incomplete 34 percent of the time, the guys garbage throw out the luckiest catch in SB history and then a dropped wide open pass by Welker and he's total sheeeet
i got more SB by himself then the jets do in there miserable existence fat boy...now go play with ya bottle...
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#2574 May 4, 2013
the don wrote:
No Red Devil posting????
Lets see do the Giants pick D.J. Fluker OT from Alabama if available...or either of the two DE from Florida State, Tank Carradine or Bjoern Werner....you could make a case for all three!!!
I hate the draft, no one knows but the GM,lets see how the new guys perform on the field.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Santa Fe, NM

#2575 Aug 9, 2013
draft results in camp...which trust me the papers rip to shreds anyone looking bad

as of now, pugh had looked good at right tackle and just is getting over a concussion. Hankins in round 2 is part of the d tackle rotation and will play a lot...moore at d end has shocked those who ripped him and has impressed...cooper the 5th round d back/linebacker has also looked good

but, long way to go to see If this holds up.. first game up against pitts...

at least this is no butt fumble team...and of course, gmen own the little brothers, it was proven on the field.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#2576 Aug 9, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>They took a QB alright...probably the worst one in a draft, they are being laughed at here in NY...but you were right on target about Boy Eli the interception machine, more than any other QB the last three years...you forgot to mention the passing yardage he gets before the games over...38 percent of his passing yardage comes after the catch, the highest percentage in football...in other words when he throw 15 yards downfield it's intercepted or incomplete 34 percent of the time, the guys garbage throw out the luckiest catch in SB history and then a dropped wide open pass by Welker and he's total sheeeet

"boy sanchise" 52 turnovers in 2 years, leads the league

butt fumble, the funniest and most laughed at play in football

rex humiliated when the gmen kicked the crap out of the jets and mr no back down rexie, backed down against Brandon Jacobs when he was called out as a fat boy...like you!

both of you are cowards...
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#2577 Aug 10, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
draft results in camp...which trust me the papers rip to shreds anyone looking bad
as of now, pugh had looked good at right tackle and just is getting over a concussion. Hankins in round 2 is part of the d tackle rotation and will play a lot...moore at d end has shocked those who ripped him and has impressed...cooper the 5th round d back/linebacker has also looked good
but, long way to go to see If this holds up.. first game up against pitts...
at least this is no butt fumble team...and of course, gmen own the little brothers, it was proven on the field.
GMENs first preseason is upon us and we get a chance to see Eli in action.... We for a little while at least.....

Wilson and Brown are both battling to see who the starting running back is going to be for the season..... Very interested to see how the offensive line does.... I know you are glad to see less of Diehl lol..... Receiving core is good.. Just have to stay healthy.....

Defense hopefully will improve from last year especially the run defense which was gashed numerous times last season...... A little age in the linebacker spot and the line not cutting off the edge.... It's only preseason and it's hard to judge..... Can't wait for the regular season.....
JETS 4 LIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#2579 Aug 19, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
"boy sanchise" 52 turnovers in 2 years, leads the league
butt fumble, the funniest and most laughed at play in football
rex humiliated when the gmen kicked the crap out of the jets and mr no back down rexie, backed down against Brandon Jacobs when he was called out as a fat boy...like you!
both of you are cowards...
Preseason game 2 in the books for the GMEN and it was good and bad for Big Blue.....

Good is David Wilson..... Guy is making a case to be the starter... He can catch out of the backfield and pick up blitzes also..... Nicks is back in the mix, which is very important for the offense....Run defense was good....

Bad was the defense in the secondary...... Injuries to Cruz, Tuck and Baas.... Damn preseason injuries... Penalties and settling for fgs in scoring positions......Eli didn't look comfortable which means the o line is not doing their job....

These things can be cleaned up and JPP is on the PUP list for now...... Jets and Giants play each other next.... Not sure how long the starters will plays.... Hopefully not long....
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#2580 Aug 19, 2013
I know its preseason but why is David Diehl playing right tackle? He is clearly over matched by speed rushers on the edge, that's a coaching issue. I hope the play calling in the red zone, excuse me "green zone LOL" was just preseason vanilla play calling, but it did look like the same plays that Coughlin and company run every year. The famous shot gun draw, and the sweep play on 3rd and short. On defense its very clear that we should have drafted linebackers early and often, and we wasted a 4th round pick on QB who will never start for the Giants or any other team.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#2581 Aug 19, 2013
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Preseason game 2 in the books for the GMEN and it was good and bad for Big Blue.....
Good is David Wilson..... Guy is making a case to be the starter... He can catch out of the backfield and pick up blitzes also..... Nicks is back in the mix, which is very important for the offense....Run defense was good....
Bad was the defense in the secondary...... Injuries to Cruz, Tuck and Baas.... Damn preseason injuries... Penalties and settling for fgs in scoring positions......Eli didn't look comfortable which means the o line is not doing their job....
These things can be cleaned up and JPP is on the PUP list for now...... Jets and Giants play each other next.... Not sure how long the starters will plays.... Hopefully not long....
3rd preseason game is typically when starters play into 3rd quarter, 4th game is when the backups fight for roster spots, so it should be a interesting game next week.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#2582 Aug 19, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
I know its preseason but why is David Diehl playing right tackle? He is clearly over matched by speed rushers on the edge, that's a coaching issue. I hope the play calling in the red zone, excuse me "green zone LOL" was just preseason vanilla play calling, but it did look like the same plays that Coughlin and company run every year. The famous shot gun draw, and the sweep play on 3rd and short. On defense its very clear that we should have drafted linebackers early and often, and we wasted a 4th round pick on QB who will never start for the Giants or any other team.

I hate to say I agree with you. the red/green zone is as pathetic as last year...eli who claimed to be working on better accuracy is worse...[ its early] Diehl is beyond terrible...he was beaten all the time..either put in brewer or pugh now. the dallas ends will eat him alive...the defense run stopping was much improved over the first game...

linebackers? draft? I and several other giant fans[ oh, say all] have been screaming for this...The Nassib pick is a wasted one. he looks terrible and cost the giants a spot on the roster. they hoped to trade him was one excuse, well, maybe they get a 5th or 6th rounder back...ugh

back to linebackers. the list is long who they could have drafted and past up for average players..reese is going to have to do that sooner or later...I do think conner should start, and Williams...rivers is a waste...curry a bust...

the kicker made kicks look easy at the 47. we are not use to that..and kicking deep in the end zone..that part of the game is huge. Wilson and brown look ready at running back and the rookie 7th rounder made the team after last night..[cox]
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#2583 Aug 19, 2013
QB Syracuse Big East from San Diego via Arizona[R4 - 8]
4 111 Pittsburgh Steelers Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse Big East from Miami via Cleveland[R4 - 9]
4 112 Oakland Raiders Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas SEC from Tampa Bay[R4 - 10]
4 113 St. Louis Rams Barrett Jones G Alabama SEC
4 114 Dallas Cowboys B. W. Webb CB William & Mary CAA
4 115 Pittsburgh Steelers Landry Jones QB Oklahoma Big 12
4 116 Arizona Cardinals Earl Watford G James Madison CAA from New York Giants[R4 - 11]
4 117 Chicago Bears Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers Big East
4 118 Cincinnati Bengals Sean Porter LB Texas A&M SEC
4 119 Washington Redskins Phillip Thomas S Fresno State MWC
4 120 Minnesota Vikings Gerald Hodges LB Penn State Big Ten
4 121 Indianapolis Colts Khaled Holmes C USC Pac-12
4 122 Green Bay Packers J. C. Tretter OT Cornell Ivy
4 123 Seattle Seahawks Chris Harper WR Kansas State Big 12
4 124 Houston Texans Trevardo Williams DE Connecticut Big East
4 125 Green Bay Packers Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA Pac-12 from Denver[R4 - 12]
4 126 Tampa Bay Buccaneers William Gholston DE Michigan State Big Ten from New England[R4 - 13]
4 127 Atlanta Falcons Malliciah Goodman DE Clemson ACC
4 128 San Francisco 49ers Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech WAC
4 129 Baltimore Ravens John Simon DE Ohio State Big Ten
4* 130 Baltimore Ravens Kyle Juszczyk FB Harvard Ivy
4* 131 San Francisco 49ers Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina SEC
4* 132 Detroit Lions Devin Taylor DE South Carolina SEC
4* 133 Atlanta Falcons Levine Toilolo TE Stanford Pac-12
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#2584 Aug 19, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to say I agree with you. the red/green zone is as pathetic as last year...eli who claimed to be working on better accuracy is worse...[ its early] Diehl is beyond terrible...he was beaten all the time..either put in brewer or pugh now. the dallas ends will eat him alive...the defense run stopping was much improved over the first game...
linebackers? draft? I and several other giant fans[ oh, say all] have been screaming for this...The Nassib pick is a wasted one. he looks terrible and cost the giants a spot on the roster. they hoped to trade him was one excuse, well, maybe they get a 5th or 6th rounder back...ugh
back to linebackers. the list is long who they could have drafted and past up for average players..reese is going to have to do that sooner or later...I do think conner should start, and Williams...rivers is a waste...curry a bust...
the kicker made kicks look easy at the 47. we are not use to that..and kicking deep in the end zone..that part of the game is huge. Wilson and brown look ready at running back and the rookie 7th rounder made the team after last night..[cox]
Wait a min...... I can't let you talk bad about my boy Eli..... Lol..... Like you said it's early and also it's preseason.... You will be singing a different tune when the season starts and he sets the NFL on fire....

Also remember that year he had 25 ints?... Most of them were tipped by the receivers and he had a tipped pass in the greenzone.... Cruz not being in had an effect on the offense also....

A healthy defensive line will cover up some of the flaws in the linebacking core..... JPP and Tuck are going to be the keys this season for that because it's very hard to replace gpod role players and starters.....
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#2585 Aug 19, 2013
Those players were drafted right behind Nassib in 4th round, linemen Barrett Jones, Khaled Holmes, Earl Walford, linebackers Khaseem Greene, Sean Porter, Gerald Hodges, I will follow these players this year to gauge if any of these players were worthy of drafting instead of wasting a 4th round pick.
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#2586 Aug 19, 2013
[QUOTE whoE="reddevil76"]I know its preseason but why is David Diehl playing right tackle? He is clearly over matched by speed rushers on the edge, that's a coaching issue. I hope the play calling in the red zone, excuse me "green zone LOL" was just preseason vanilla play calling, but it did look like the same plays that Coughlin and company run every year. The famous shot gun draw, and the sweep play on 3rd and short. On defense its very clear that we should have drafted linebackers early and often, and we wasted a 4th round pick on QB who will never start for the Giants or any other team.[/QUOTE] Those were some of the same plays they were running during their Superbowl runs..... They just executed.....

Trust me, Coughlin knows what buttons to push....... He want be Vinilla when he has scoring opportunities .... Even with them having scoring issues last year they still were 6-2 after eight games I believe.... Injuries screwed them and other teams up in the end....
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#2587 Aug 19, 2013
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Those were some of the same plays they were running during their Superbowl runs..... They just executed.....
Trust me, Coughlin knows what buttons to push....... He want be Vinilla when he has scoring opportunities .... Even with them having scoring issues last year they still were 6-2 after eight games I believe.... Injuries screwed them and other teams up in the end....
And those same plays are on every film across the NFL, its time to switch it up, its bad when the fans know whats coming.
Southern Giant fan

Asheville, NC

#2588 Aug 19, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>And those same plays are on every film across the NFL, its time to switch it up, its bad when the fans know whats coming.
They should try the plays where Eli dosnt throw an interception, he's thrown more then anyone else the last 3 years, it's getting old.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#2589 Aug 19, 2013
Southern Giant fan wrote:
<quoted text>They should try the plays where Eli dosnt throw an interception, he's thrown more then anyone else the last 3 years, it's getting old.
In his defense he doesn't take sacks, which is 6 in one hand,half a dozen in the other.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Santa Fe, NM

#2590 Aug 20, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
Those players were drafted right behind Nassib in 4th round, linemen Barrett Jones, Khaled Holmes, Earl Walford, linebackers Khaseem Greene, Sean Porter, Gerald Hodges, I will follow these players this year to gauge if any of these players were worthy of drafting instead of wasting a 4th round pick.

after the 3rd round is over and you have a day to think it over, I was hoping for either Greene or porter were selected...

the issue now is they are forced to keep nassib and lose a spot on the d line or d backfield which has some strong depth...
Southern Giant fan

Asheville, NC

#2591 Aug 20, 2013
The problem with the Giants this year will be the same as last, a soft defensive line and a line backing corp that can't stop the run. Teams just need to get a lead and run the ball against them. The Giants offense last year consisted mostly of get back in the game plays that defenses gave them to put their offense back on the field to eat more clock. The Giants offense will continue to play catch up until they address the defense which is average at best, I won't even get into the secondary and special team problems.
JETS 4 LIFE

Melrose Park, IL

#2592 Aug 20, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>And those same plays are on every film across the NFL, its time to switch it up, its bad when the fans know whats coming.
You know how them rock Coughlin is..... To be honest with you, as long as Nicks, Cruz, Wilson and Brown are healthy the offense will be done.....

Remember that injury with Nicks really handicapped the offense because they doubled.Cruz..... A better running game will benefit Eli as well.... Trust and believe they will be done.... Also they are have Randle who I expect to have a good year....
JETS 4 LIFE

Melrose Park, IL

#2593 Aug 20, 2013
This is good news......

JETS 4 LIFEFORD, N.J.-- The New York Giants are giving wide receiver Victor Cruz's bruised left heel a little extra medical attention.....

Cruz bruised the heel Sunday night trying to catch a long pass from Manning on the opening series. It was a jump ball type of play, and one of the defenders came down on his foot. It immediately went numb.

The Giants have told him his status is day to day, but it looked more week to week with crutches and a boot.....

The 26-year-old hopes to shed the crutches soon. He is being treated with ice and medication to reduce the swelling. He added he doesn't think the injury will linger all season.....

Cruz didn't think his injury was serious when it happened because he did not hear anything pop. He even stayed on the field for one more play before going to the bench.

An MRI showed some blood in the heel. There was no muscle tear and no broken bones, Cruz said, adding he expects to play in the opener.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Patriot AKA Bozo 63,993
jets talk back (Dec '07) 12 min TMAN_Mets 14,407
I don't need the NFL 28 min Pro football fan 1
Why Hillary won't take a knee 31 min ThomasA 3
Ask the kneelers when they will stop kneeling. 32 min ThomasA 2
deadly world grave state of afffairs 43 min Paris 6
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 52 min jimi-yank 340,319

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages