Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

Full story: Newsday 109,591
President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs. Full Story
nac

Patchogue, NY

#119047 May 20, 2013
joe wrote:
Hello Republicans:
Japan Switches to Stimulus, Gets Growth; Europe Sticks With Austerity, Stays in Recession.
Oooops!
You've cut & pasted the title of a daily kos article in an effort to make fun of republicans that don't want to spend money we don't have.

Great job, joe!!! Righty must be dizzy and befuddled by your brilliant work!
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119048 May 20, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
You've cut & pasted the title of a daily kos article in an effort to make fun of republicans that don't want to spend money we don't have.
Great job, joe!!! Righty must be dizzy and befuddled by your brilliant work!
You guys are kinda dense aren't you? I've never gotten decent conversation out of any of you righty's so I don't care how you characterize my posts. I know what I'm posting. No discussion on this thread, or haven't you been paying attention? So whine on, nac. It bothers me zero.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#119049 May 20, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are kinda dense aren't you? I've never gotten decent conversation out of any of you righty's so I don't care how you characterize my posts. I know what I'm posting. No discussion on this thread, or haven't you been paying attention? So whine on, nac. It bothers me zero.
I wasn't whining, I was congratulating you on another brilliant cut & paste.

Conversation? That's funny. You haven't had an independent thought in your life. You're a cut & paster. You parrot the talking points and ideas of others. You sit around waiting for HuffPo to tell you what to think. You have nothing to contribute intellectually to a conversation.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just being honest. But keep on cuttin' & pastin' joe, righty's on the run!
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119050 May 20, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't whining, I was congratulating you on another brilliant cut & paste.
Conversation? That's funny. You haven't had an independent thought in your life. You're a cut & paster. You parrot the talking points and ideas of others. You sit around waiting for HuffPo to tell you what to think. You have nothing to contribute intellectually to a conversation.
I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just being honest. But keep on cuttin' & pastin' joe, righty's on the run!
Good, righty's on the run and you can post all your original insights without even bothering with my postings, right? Excellent.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#119051 May 20, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, righty's on the run and you can post all your original insights without even bothering with my postings, right? Excellent.
Nah, I'm still going to make fun of your cut & pastes, I mean... "postings."

Keep 'em coming! You're the last line of defense before righty takes over America! With great cut & paste comes great responsibility.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119052 May 21, 2013
More of that good 'ole republican hypocrisy:

Rep. Stephen Fincher (R-TN) agitated against food aid for poor Americans included in the Farm Bill during last week’s House Agricultural Committee debate, accusing the government of stealing “other people’s money.”

Funding for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) has already been decimated in both the House and Senate versions of the Farm Bill, cutting off nearly 2 million working families, children, and seniors from food assistance.

“The role of citizens, of Christians, of humanity is to take care of each other, but not for Washington to steal from those in the country and give to others in the country.”

While Fincher interprets food assistance for the needy as “stealing,” he has not similarly condemned the Farm Bill’s massive agricultural subsidies.

Fincher has a great personal stake in maintaining these particular government handouts, as the second most heavily subsidized farmer in Congress and one of the largest subsidy recipients in Tennessee history.
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119053 May 21, 2013
Conservative 501(c)(4) weren't singled out.

Actually progressive groups were also looked at. Also groups that weren't conservative or progressive.

Groups applying to the IRS for special tax status were checked to see if they were engaged in political activity. They were checked, not targeted. Only one-third of the groups checked were conservative groups.

Once again: Only one-third of the groups checked were conservative groups.

Conservative groups were not "singled out," were not "targeted" and in the end none were denied special tax status – even though many obviously should have been.

From last week's House hearings on this:

Rep. Peter Roskam, R-IL: "How come only conservative groups got snagged?"

Outgoing acting IRS commissioner Steve Miller: "They didn't sir. Organizations of all walks and all persuasions were pulled in. That’s shown by the fact that only 70 of the 300 organizations were tea party organizations, of the ones that were looked at by TIGTA [Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration]."
nac

Patchogue, NY

#119054 May 21, 2013
joe wrote:
Conservative 501(c)(4) weren't singled out.
Actually progressive groups were also looked at. Also groups that weren't conservative or progressive.
Groups applying to the IRS for special tax status were checked to see if they were engaged in political activity. They were checked, not targeted. Only one-third of the groups checked were conservative groups.
Once again: Only one-third of the groups checked were conservative groups.
Conservative groups were not "singled out," were not "targeted" and in the end none were denied special tax status – even though many obviously should have been.
From last week's House hearings on this:
Rep. Peter Roskam, R-IL: "How come only conservative groups got snagged?"
Outgoing acting IRS commissioner Steve Miller: "They didn't sir. Organizations of all walks and all persuasions were pulled in. That’s shown by the fact that only 70 of the 300 organizations were tea party organizations, of the ones that were looked at by TIGTA [Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration]."
Says liberal BLOG (that you cut & pasted from) "Campaign For America's Future."

I wonder why, then... why Lois Lerner, head of the Internal Revenue Service's tax-exempt division... is going to plead the Fifth on every question in tomorrow's Congressional hearing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23286...

It's probably because she doesn't want us to know that the IRS is "right-wing," right joey? That HAS to be it!

Since: Nov 12

Los Angeles, CA

#119055 May 22, 2013
600,000 jobs? This is positive thinking, but I think we're over-dreaming!

whitesally01
http://bit.ly/XoWQYj
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119056 May 22, 2013
The economy has added more jobs since Obama took office than it did in his predecessor’s entire eight years in office.

Federal spending under Obama has grown faster than inflation, but far more slowly than it did under President Bush.

Domestic oil production has soared; oil imports have dropped by one-third; new cars are getting 17 percent better mileage; and wind and solar power have increased 157 percent.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#119057 May 22, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
a politician making promises ? no such thing
All Hail King Obama

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#119058 May 22, 2013
RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>
All Hail King Obama
Hail !!!

Daytona Beach

#119059 May 22, 2013
whitesally01 wrote:
600,000 jobs? This is positive thinking, but I think we're over-dreaming!
whitesally01
http://bit.ly/XoWQYj
not likely; as we are finding out now, those jobs are at the IRS

Daytona Beach

#119060 May 22, 2013
joe wrote:
Hello Republicans:
Japan Switches to Stimulus, Gets Growth; Europe Sticks With Austerity, Stays in Recession.
Oooops!
Hi Joe,

how's things down at the IRS office ? now that we know where you work

Oooops !
nac

Patchogue, NY

#119061 May 22, 2013
joe wrote:
The economy has added more jobs since Obama took office than it did in his predecessor’s entire eight years in office.
Federal spending under Obama has grown faster than inflation, but far more slowly than it did under President Bush.
Domestic oil production has soared; oil imports have dropped by one-third; new cars are getting 17 percent better mileage; and wind and solar power have increased 157 percent.
http://factcheck.org/2013/04/obamas-numbers-q...

Hey joe, when you were cutting and pasting from this website, you forgot to cut & paste the findings that they list about more people have been added to the food-stamp rolls under Obama than under any single previous president, and that Obama has ordered seven times more drone strikes than Bush.

I can understand why you didn't include, "Federal debt held by the public has grown by 90 percent since Obama took office," but food stamps & drone strikes? Yay Obama!!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#119062 May 22, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
not likely; as we are finding out now, those jobs are at the IRS
DHS is now a political enforcement arm of the administration. The leadership can pull the string tighter or do the job he pledged to do.

Daytona Beach

#119063 May 22, 2013
RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>
DHS is now a political enforcement arm of the administration. The leadership can pull the string tighter or do the job he pledged to do.
yeah, raise your right hand and..........
joe

San Anselmo, CA

#119064 May 22, 2013
So, no comment on the good stuff, eh? Any ideas why Federal debt and food stamps use has increased? And please don't mention the economic trashing Bush dumped on the country. That's not allowed, you know.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#119065 May 22, 2013
joe wrote:
So, no comment on the good stuff, eh? Any ideas why Federal debt and food stamps use has increased? And please don't mention the economic trashing Bush dumped on the country. That's not allowed, you know.
The good stuff, joe?

You mean like the Obama Economy - the worst recovery from economic recession in US History since the Great Depression, thanks to the incompetence and fiscal irresponsibility of the Incompetent-in-Chief?

You mean like how Obama wasted his first 2 years of TOTAL CONTROL over the US federal government on throwing an anchor to a drowning economy in the form of an un-wanted, foolish ObamaScare wet-dream?

And how Bernanke continues to throw more trillions of fake money trying to prop up the Obama Potemkin Economy, that the Taxpayers (not that a Marin slacker like you has to worry about paying) are again going to be left holding the bag for when this Obama/Bernanke Ponzi Scheme folds up?

And how after 4+ years Obama and Holder's thoroughly useless DoJ hasn't sent a single Wall Street Fat Cat Banker to jail for fraud for creating the 2008-09 financial crisis?

And how the US Labor Force Participation rate is at an all-time low and continues to shrink?

You think maybe that's why food stamps are thru the roof, joe?

Yeah - let's talk about all the good stuff, joe ...
nac

Patchogue, NY

#119066 May 22, 2013
Hey joe, speaking of "good stuff"... What did you think of Lois Lerner invoking her 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination in front of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is It Time to Tell Your Teenagers The TRUTH?? 5 min LOL 2
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Maude 15,653
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 1 hr moneytalks 11,099
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 3 hr Go Blue Forever 5,566
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 hr Ted Williams froz... 309,377
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr cpeter1313 306,292
Any small store owners looking for discounted h... Thu savyseller8 1

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match