Amused Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Nov 13, 2012
WHY on God's green earth are we wasteing BILLIONS on rebuilding houseing on the barrier islands?

They were never meant to be inhabited but to act as barriers in case of a BIG STORM like Sandy.

So why invest BILLIONS on housein that will again be washed away by the next BIG STORM that occurs next year?
AMUSED Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Nov 13, 2012
Guess Government is dumb...
its bushs fault

Yonkers, NY

#3 Nov 13, 2012
Amused Slew wrote:
WHY on God's green earth are we wasteing BILLIONS on rebuilding houseing on the barrier islands?
They were never meant to be inhabited but to act as barriers in case of a BIG STORM like Sandy.
So why invest BILLIONS on housein that will again be washed away by the next BIG STORM that occurs next year?
Those aren't even "islands". They are sandbars that don't get covered, almost, at high tide.

Before 1960, practically no one built anything on them, except a few unheated, uninsulated summer bungalows that were closed up on Labor Day. Now we have $2-$20 million dollar year-round homes.

A man once told me, "Ohhhhh, but you can see the water from those homes! I love looking at water." I told him I already knew what water looked like. If he didn't, he could stick his head in the toilet and save himself several million bucks.
Amused Slew

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Nov 22, 2012
its bushs fault wrote:
<quoted text>
Those aren't even "islands". They are sandbars that don't get covered, almost, at high tide.
Before 1960, practically no one built anything on them, except a few unheated, uninsulated summer bungalows that were closed up on Labor Day. Now we have $2-$20 million dollar year-round homes.
A man once told me, "Ohhhhh, but you can see the water from those homes! I love looking at water." I told him I already knew what water looked like. If he didn't, he could stick his head in the toilet and save himself several million bucks.
Global warming caused it, what a bunch of krap.

Fools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 9 min Lem 342,446
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 min June VanDerMark 321,898
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Real world calling 64,297
explosion in ny city 1 hr Muslim Terror Att... 8
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 2 hr HD 7,236
The left is filled with hate 3 hr Forgiveness 1
News Explosion in New York subway near Times Square;... 4 hr dems fault 1

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages