OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER
nac

Bellmore, NY

#15644 Aug 12, 2014
Pollys Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand women to some degree.
By the way do you agree or disagree with your Libertarian Party's position on immigration?
Or
Are you going to just ignore that one?
What do you believe the Libertarian Party's position on immigration policy is?

Let's start the discussion there.
nac

Bellmore, NY

#15645 Aug 12, 2014
Pollys Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean "Every president has lied"??????
President Obama hasn't lied.
You're right! Those lesbian couples that voted for obama ... AND lost their health care coverage because their policy became illegal for not covering unneeded birth control are THE REAL LIARS!
UN Must Go

Brooklyn, NY

#15646 Aug 12, 2014
If barry wants the ISIS army to stop their carnage all he needs to do is call them and say 'hey guys please stop the killing, you are making me look bad', which should prove that he IS a muslim, or muslim supporter as those pinpricks he has the military conducting are as useful as teats on a bull.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#15647 Aug 13, 2014
Pollys Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
He's the biggest liar in US history, and the biggest traitor since benedict Arnold.

Healthcare ... endless lies , costs will fall, you can keep your doctor

IRS targeting of conservatives, first it was serious, now it's a phony scandal with no smidgeon

Benghazi was a spontaneous in response to a video, to a pre-planned terrorist attack that we had no forces ready for.

Transparency.

Vacations. "I will not rest"

bar0ck is the worst President since Buchanan. The only living president happy with his performance is carter, whom he just replaced as the worst of contemporary times.
Bloody Bill Anderson

Paducah, KY

#15648 Aug 13, 2014
Pollys Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I am just pulling the chain of the (Norton) idiot to keep him going. Give him something to get wound up about.
The worse part of going into Iraq was it destabilized the region. Saddam was a SOB without question. I'm of the opinion that part of the world is not ready for a democracy due to the religious nuts. Sometimes I wonder about the religious nuts in our politics.
I don't know much about her but old Mitch McConnell is well past his prime and due for retirement.
Rand Paul is doing a little Mitt Romney flip flop in regards to his past positions on issues. Libertarians like all political parties (Republicans & Democrats) have some good points and some bad points. His problem will be attempting to sell some of his past positions that don't set well with most Republicans & Democrats.
I think the Republican primary with be a real dog eat dog contest. Likely a lot of bark will be stripped off everyone of them in the primary.
It sure appears right now that Hillary has it in the bag. Martin O'Malley governor of Maryland might make it interesting as I think he has desires. She will run strong in my opinion.
If Rand Paul does get to be President and the Tea Party express keeps running things could turn into a big mess.
Ed Norton and "nac" must be the worst contrarians alive. Either that or they are absolute idiots who think that they are smarter than everybody else, like the horse that is so far behind in the race coming round the track that he feel like he's in front of the pack. Take "nac" question about Libertarian immigration policy for example. He seems to want a border like the Berlin Wall -- land mines, guard towers, dogs, and all. But the Libertarian Party platform states, "We welcome all refugees to our country. Furthermore, immigration must not be restricted for reasons of race, religion, political creed, age, or sexual preference. We therefore call for the elimination of all restrictions on immigration, the abolition of the Immigration and Naturalization Service and the Border Patrol, and a declaration of full amnesty for all people who have entered the country illegally. "
Bloody Bill Anderson

Paducah, KY

#15649 Aug 13, 2014
As to Rand Paul v. Hillary:

Things don't look very good for the country no matter who wins. I've said it before and I'll repeat it again: If Hillary Clinton is the best the Democrats can do, then the Democratic Party is politically bankrupt. It needs a young, energetic candidate, a fresh new face with new ideas. Hillary is too old, too worn out, and has too much baggage: her own, Bill's, and Obama's. She appeals to the left wing of the Democratic Party but not to the Blue Dogs and independents who tend to be Democratic when it comes to economic issues but Republicans on social and "moral" issues. If Hillary is the candidate, those people will vote Republican. If she gets elected the Tea Party will circle the wagons with what's left of the old Republicans and we'll have another four years of total deadlock.

Same thing could happen if a Tea Party Republican --and I can't see any other kind winning the nomination-- gets elected and at least one house of Congress remains Democrat controlled. I can't see the Republicans winning control of both houses either.

The Republican primary is indeed going to be a dog fight. Right now it looks like the two dogs to watch are Rand Paul and Paul Ryan. Rand Paul has been repositioning himself with the Christian Right. He declared that he was opposed to abortion under any and all circumstances to win the Republican primary for the U.S. Senate. He's sponsoring something called the "Stand With Israel Act" to appeal to the Armageddon-seekers. He's also said that if president he would declare that, "Any attack upon the state of Israel will be considered an attack upon the United States." Talk about a "blank check"! The guy's an opportunist, and he's damn good at it.

I can also see 4 years of deadlock if Paul or Ryan or any other Tea Party candidate is elected. The Democrats will keep at least 1 house of Congress, or at least enough Senators to filibuster and prevent the passage of a Libertarian economic - Christian Right "moral" issues agenda.
Mrs Manicotti

Valley Stream, NY

#15650 Aug 13, 2014
Bloody Bill Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ed Norton and "nac" must be the worst contrarians alive. Either that or they are absolute idiots who think that they are smarter than everybody else, like the horse that is so far behind in the race coming round the track that he feel like he's in front of the pack. Take "nac" question about Libertarian immigration policy for example. He seems to want a border like the Berlin Wall -- land mines, guard towers, dogs, and all. But the Libertarian Party platform states, "We welcome all refugees to our country. Furthermore, immigration must not be restricted for reasons of race, religion, political creed, age, or sexual preference. We therefore call for the elimination of all restrictions on immigration, the abolition of the Immigration and Naturalization Service and the Border Patrol, and a declaration of full amnesty for all people who have entered the country illegally. "
First line made me laugh. This from the guy who tries on every post to be the smartest guy in the room.
Pollys Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#15651 Aug 13, 2014
Mrs Manicotti wrote:
<quoted text>
First line made me laugh. This from the guy who tries on every post to be the smartest guy in the room.
I never met the man, but based on his postings on this forum my guess is that he just might be the smartest guy in the room.

Without question he has a higher IQ than most of the lamebrains than spend their time posting one liner put downs or something just as stupid.
BS detector

Yonkers, NY

#15652 Aug 13, 2014
Hey, "Bloody Bill", do YOU welcome everyone who calls them self a "refugee"?

How do small kids, with no adults, decide to leave their country and walk or hitch a ride which takes several weeks. Where do they get money for food? One Dem organizer called them "toddlers".

You are one gullible tool.

How many of these refugees will you be putting up in your home? Are they staying with any Dem congress-tools?
Pollys Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#15653 Aug 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well on this forum.

Why stupid people do not know that they are stupid. Or another way to say it: Why the incompetent don't know that they're incompetent.

Low IQ’s don’t realize they are stupid.

Low intelligence people see things only in black and white. Either they like or dislike.
Once their fast decision is formed they shut out anything that could change that view. High intelligence people see things in a broad spectrum of grey shades. Although they can see things in black and while most things they see in varying shades of grey. They see the pro and con of an issue and can be moved on an issue because they themselves and see the issues pro’s and con’s which they are always weighting against each other.

High IQ’s don’t realize that low IQ’s can’t grasp the grey areas of an issue. Thus the smartest people around, are actually filled with some doubt and indecision on a lot of issues where the stupid people always think they are right based on their first thoughts.

Anyone that thinks they've got all the answers is really the idiot and doesn't know it, and the people who are more capable of finding the truth or best route to go are held back by the self-righteous confidence of the ignorant people.

So they become fans of Sarah Palin. They become climate change deniers. They become Obama birthplace crackpots. They become Teabaggers.

What Bush, Palin and some Republicans have done is aggravate the Dunning-Kruger Effect in two important ways.
#1. First, they have made ignorance a badge of honor.
#2. Second, an appalling number of right wing commentators have made use of the Dunning-Kruger Effect. Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh – assuming they don’t suffer the same problem – can only be viewed as taking advantage of the ignorance of their listeners and play them for suckers. They tell them what to think and the right wing echo chamber has started to pack the heads of the low intelligent people.

Intelligent people are aware of their limitation.

Michelle Bachmann, Palin, Teabaggers? and some poster’s on this forum? No so much.
nac

Bellmore, NY

#15654 Aug 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Polly asked me If I agreed with what she called "your libertarian party's" position on immigration.

I then asked her what she believes the libertarian party's position is & said we'd start the conversation there...

I did that for the very specific reason that there is no telling what she thinks the libertarian position is... so I wanted to know what she was asking me to agree or disagree with.

If that makes me a horse runnin round in your mind... so be it.

Oh... and point out where I said I "want a border like the Berlin Wall -- land mines, guard towers, dogs, and all."

Did I say anything like that? Or are you a liar?

You equate horses with people that want to know what they are being asked to agree with before they agree to anything...

What animal to you equate to liars?

“Peter hole is a pink twatt”

Since: Aug 14

Mumbai, India

#15655 Aug 13, 2014
The unwashed wrote:
<quoted text>
And we are all so glad President Obama has left the Country...
To bad he will be coming back...
No matter if its barack obama or george bush. Both finance terrorism and pakistan.
Pollys Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#15656 Aug 13, 2014
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Polly asked me If I agreed with what she called "your libertarian party's" position on immigration.
I then asked her what she believes the libertarian party's position is & said we'd start the conversation there...
I did that for the very specific reason that there is no telling what she thinks the libertarian position is... so I wanted to know what she was asking me to agree or disagree with.
If that makes me a horse runnin round in your mind... so be it.
Oh... and point out where I said I "want a border like the Berlin Wall -- land mines, guard towers, dogs, and all."
Did I say anything like that? Or are you a liar?
You equate horses with people that want to know what they are being asked to agree with before they agree to anything...
What animal to you equate to liars?
"nac" I fully understand you have reading comprehension problems and like to get pretty mouthy but at least pay attention.

page 728 posting 15585

The only reason I asked the question is that it seems you felt one way on the matter and the party felt the other way. I have no problem if you either agree or disagree with the party line.

Personally I don't agree with either the Republican's, Democrats or Libertarians as I understand it..

I believe in fair play and treating people like human beings.

I believe in giving people due process and in most cases I would send illegals right back home. If the 2008 Bush signed law is causing problems then Congress could quit playing games and change it. If money is needed to process them, then provide the funding and give them due process and send those home who do not qualify.

We can put a National Guard soldier every foot on the border and that does not mean that more will not walk up stick their hands out and say "I want to be American". The solution likely is to be able to hold them - process them- and return them.

Green card workers only if no American workers wants the job. I do not agree with bringing in illegal immigrants to just create cheap labor and hold wages down on American workers or so that Mitt Romney & rich/wealth Republican can have yard workers, cheap house cleaners or a nanny for the kids.
UN Must Go

Brooklyn, NY

#15657 Aug 13, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
He's the biggest liar in US history, and the biggest traitor since benedict Arnold.
Healthcare ... endless lies , costs will fall, you can keep your doctor
IRS targeting of conservatives, first it was serious, now it's a phony scandal with no smidgeon
Benghazi was a spontaneous in response to a video, to a pre-planned terrorist attack that we had no forces ready for.
Transparency.
Vacations. "I will not rest"
bar0ck is the worst President since Buchanan. The only living president happy with his performance is carter, whom he just replaced as the worst of contemporary times.

And you listed only about 50% of his failings, of which I will not elaborate on, as it does no good, for the left wing idealogues on this thread.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#15658 Aug 13, 2014
UN Must Go wrote:
<quoted text>
And you listed only about 50% of his failings, of which I will not elaborate on, as it does no good, for the left wing idealogues on this thread.
French foreign minister:'When people are dying, you must come back from vacation'...

The French have bigger balls than bar0ck, the yellow, of Benghazi.
UN Must Go

Brooklyn, NY

#15659 Aug 13, 2014
Why is Obama so reticent to send more forces to defeat the very serious threat of ISIS, not only to the entire area, and possibly the USA in the future also, as they grow in strength almost daily.
If he believes that his base, the very liberal left would be in an uproar over sending troops into Iraq, and he will lose favor with them, so what, he is not running again so why doesn't he grow a pair of ballz and do it? Hey lefties, no one wants, or is advocating for war, or perhaps he is following as FDR once said, better to 'jaw, jaw, then war, war.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#15660 Aug 13, 2014
yeah.
nac

Bellmore, NY

#15661 Aug 13, 2014
Pollys Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
"nac" I fully understand you have reading comprehension problems and like to get pretty mouthy but at least pay attention.
page 728 posting 15585
The only reason I asked the question is that it seems you felt one way on the matter and the party felt the other way. I have no problem if you either agree or disagree with the party line.
Personally I don't agree with either the Republican's, Democrats or Libertarians as I understand it..
We've covered this many times... and I know that you don't understand the concept... But I don't have a "party line" to adhere to because I'm not affiliated with a party.

I'm an individual with my own ideas and thoughts. I know that you need to label people to try to wedge them in to positions that other people have taken to make it easier for you to side-step facts... but again, I belong to NO party.

You'll never understand this, but...

I agree with the democrats on some things, and disagree with them on others.
I agree with the republicans on some things, and disagree with them on others.
I agree with the libertarians on some things, and disagree with them on others.
I agree with "liberals" on some things, and disagree with them on others.
I agree with "conservatives" on some things, and disagree with them on others.
Pollys Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in fair play and treating people like human beings.

I believe in giving people due process and in most cases I would send illegals right back home.
I agree with this.
Pollys Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
If the 2008 Bush signed law is causing problems then Congress could quit playing games and change it.
I have a hard time believing that a 2008 law CAUSED a problem that started in 2014. Again, I don't have a party to promote and another to demonize... so I get to simply deal in facts.

I personally find it far more likely that more recent actions caused this "crisis."
Pollys Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Green card workers only if no American workers wants the job. I do not agree with bringing in illegal immigrants to just create cheap labor and hold wages down on American workers or so that Mitt Romney & rich/wealth Republican can have yard workers, cheap house cleaners or a nanny for the kids.
It is a damn shame that president romney and the republican controlled government is bringing in all of this cheap labor... oh wait...

“You have a right to....”

Since: Dec 07

protect yourself from Liberals

#15662 Aug 13, 2014
Pollys Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...you and you're silly, Cut and Paste one-liners. That's exactly what your Cable Box reported.
Pollys Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#15663 Aug 13, 2014
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
We've covered this many times... and I know that you don't understand the concept... But I don't have a "party line" to adhere to because I'm not affiliated with a party.
I'm an individual with my own ideas and thoughts. I know that you need to label people to try to wedge them in to positions that other people have taken to make it easier for you to side-step facts... but again, I belong to NO party.
You'll never understand this, but...
I agree with the democrats on some things, and disagree with them on others.
I agree with the republicans on some things, and disagree with them on others.
I agree with the libertarians on some things, and disagree with them on others.
I agree with "liberals" on some things, and disagree with them on others.
I agree with "conservatives" on some things, and disagree with them on others.
<quoted text>
I agree with this.
<quoted text>
I have a hard time believing that a 2008 law CAUSED a problem that started in 2014. Again, I don't have a party to promote and another to demonize... so I get to simply deal in facts.
I personally find it far more likely that more recent actions caused this "crisis."
<quoted text>
It is a damn shame that president romney and the republican controlled government is bringing in all of this cheap labor... oh wait...
What does all that have to do with you explaining what your view is on the immigration issue and what you not I would do? I clearly stated that I have no problem if you either agree or disagree with the party line. So why the rant about not belonging to a political party? That was not the issue. Nor was the 2008 law that slows down fast deportation. I have covered this in greater detail before.

You, not I said that you voted for a Libertarian -- well I simply asked if you agreed with the Libertarian's position on immigration. Pretty simple question.

You first ignored the question - then demanded to know first, what I thought the Libertarian position was, which I had already posted.

Then once again you respond with a bunch of stuff that had little or nothing to do with the issue.

You again ignored the main topic and took off on something else. If you won't state your position or whether or not you agree with the Libertarian but simply ignore the main question just say so.

So far all I know is that you agree that they should have due process and they should be treated right. I hate to tell you right now the "crisis issue" is not "cheap labor" illegal immigrants but "kids". The flow of cheap labor has been going on ever since Reagan fixed the problem.

Come on "nac" get down off the fence and state either your views compared to the Libertarian Party views if they differ and where you differ. Then you can worry about my views.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 8 min Dan Snow 15,017
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 26 min met fan 41,001
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 52 min Princess Hey 15,914
News Bloomberg: Trump "risky, reckless and radical" 1 hr Synque 36
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr Nemo the RINO 11,395
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 60,675
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr Paul Yanks 330,882

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages