OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#14243 Mar 6, 2014
Boody Bill Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are wrong on this one. It is not simply a matter of racism, or that Obama is half white and half black. No. Obama himself is the driving force behing Ted Nuget, Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and all the others.
Obama is not half African-American and half white. He is half Muslim Kenyan and half white American. He was raised in Indonesia. In the post-911 climate, that makes him one of "them" the Islamic terrorists who attacked the USA. Most Americans don't make any distinction between Muslims in general and the violent Jihadists. It is simpler to understand that way. To do otherwise would, I have had people tell me, be like trying to distinguish members of the Nazi Party (16 percent of German adults) from the great mass of Germans when bombing Germany in World War II. "Bomb 'em all!" is just easier. A lot of Americans are ready to take a "Kill 'em all, let the devil sort 'em out!" approach to the Muslim world.
Had Barack Hussein Obama been the son of a black Mississippi cotton farmer named Rufus Jones, the descendant of slaves, and a white woman who was descended from the plantation owner who owned Rufus's ancestors, he would not have been anywhere near an easy target.
I might be wrong about why all the threats but you are wrong on your facts.

Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961. Mother White –English father black Kenyan. Did not live with father after being born but lived with his mother who never really live with his father but went to Washington to attend college with his white mother. Father remained in Hawaii. Parent divorced in 1964 and father returned to Kenya and only visited his son one time later in time.

His mother remarried in 1966 when Obama was 5 and moved to Indonesia in 1966. He attended school in Indonesia from age 6-10 and in 1971 returned as a 10 year old to live with white grandparents in Hawaii. From age 10 until 18 he attended public schools in Hawaii.
From high school he went to Occidental College in California.

In 1981 he did travel one time back to Indonesia for a visit. They he returned and attended Columbia College and next Harvard.

There is no race called half Muslim Kenyan but he is half Kenyan and there is no proof of any sort that he is a Muslim. He was not raised in Indonesia other than for about 4 years age 6-10. Other than the 4 years his raising was in Hawaii. I will speak more to that in another posting.

He was NOT raised in Indonesia in the post-911 climate, Simply and totally untrue. He worked as a civil rights attorney and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. He served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, running unsuccessfully for the United States House of Representatives in 2000. 2004, Obama was elected to represent Illinois in the United States Senate.. He began his presidential campaign in 2007,
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#14244 Mar 6, 2014
Boody Bill Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are wrong on this one. It is not simply a matter of racism, or that Obama is half white and half black. No. Obama himself is the driving force behing Ted Nuget, Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and all the others.
Obama is not half African-American and half white. He is half Muslim Kenyan and half white American. He was raised in Indonesia. In the post-911 climate, that makes him one of "them" the Islamic terrorists who attacked the USA. Most Americans don't make any distinction between Muslims in general and the violent Jihadists. It is simpler to understand that way. To do otherwise would, I have had people tell me, be like trying to distinguish members of the Nazi Party (16 percent of German adults) from the great mass of Germans when bombing Germany in World War II. "Bomb 'em all!" is just easier. A lot of Americans are ready to take a "Kill 'em all, let the devil sort 'em out!" approach to the Muslim world.
Had Barack Hussein Obama been the son of a black Mississippi cotton farmer named Rufus Jones, the descendant of slaves, and a white woman who was descended from the plantation owner who owned Rufus's ancestors, he would not have been anywhere near an easy target.
Everything that President Obama has done to me shows clear “fruit” of him being a true Christian.
Whether or not I agree with each and every thing he has done is not the issue at hand. Inferring that the President is not a true Christian is the issue.

Some have used his name and the color of his skin to infer he is not Christian,“not one of us” and infer in every way he is a secret Muslim. Where is the proof?
I would also first note that he was married in a Christian Church and that both of his two girls were baptized in a Christian Church. Let’s look further into his past.
Here is a 2004 interview with State Sen. B. Obama “LONG” before he ran for President. I hope you will read through the entire interview.
http://blog.beliefnet.com/stevenwaldman/2008/...
. If we analyze his language in the same way that historians examine the religious language of the Founding Fathers or even George W. Bush, we will find that Obama's piety, use of the Bible, and references to Christian faith and theology puts most other American presidents to shame on this front.
He:
...gives praise and honor to God before a public audience?
...wants to seek God's face with other believers?
...admits that prayer humbles him?
...extolls the benefit of turning to our Creator and listening to Him?
...is motivated by faith and values in the midst of troubled times?
...wakes up every morning and prays, reads the Bible, and has "devotions?"
...is being spiritual mentored and discipled by evangelical pastors?
...claims that his Christian faith motivates him as a leader?
...tries to practice God's command to love our neighbors as ourselves?
...believes in Jesus's words: "for unto much is given, much shall be required"?
...tries to follow the biblical call to care for the "least of these."
...quotes C.S. Lewis in speeches?
...believes that Christians should be "doers of the word and not merely hearers?"
...wants to work toward building the kingdom of God on earth?
...is a loving husband and supportive father?
...prayed with Billy Graham?
...believes the Holy Spirit intervenes in his life, prompting him toward action?
All the above can be read from his actual speech-------
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/20...

Most Catholic, Protestant and evangelical Christians in the past did not consider Mormonism as a true Christian faith but a “cult” created by Joseph Smith, by mixing the Muslim Quran with the Bible.

For me it is real interesting what strange bed fellows politics can make when political party, race, hate and religion are mixed together.

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#14245 Mar 6, 2014
Lord Hater wrote:
Question. If a Republican is elected President can he not just use the pen and the phone in the same way Obama has to reverse all Obama's executive decisions. Or eliminate or fix ACA by executive order.
no, but he can suffocate it by cutting off operational funding.....like to the IRS
Bloody Bill Anderson

Paducah, KY

#14247 Mar 6, 2014
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I might be wrong about why all the threats but you are wrong on your facts.
Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961. Mother White –English father black Kenyan. Did not live with father after being born but lived with his mother who never really live with his father but went to Washington to attend college with his white mother. Father remained in Hawaii. Parent divorced in 1964 and father returned to Kenya and only visited his son one time later in time.
His mother remarried in 1966 when Obama was 5 and moved to Indonesia in 1966. He attended school in Indonesia from age 6-10 and in 1971 returned as a 10 year old to live with white grandparents in Hawaii. From age 10 until 18 he attended public schools in Hawaii.
From high school he went to Occidental College in California.
In 1981 he did travel one time back to Indonesia for a visit. They he returned and attended Columbia College and next Harvard.
There is no race called half Muslim Kenyan but he is half Kenyan and there is no proof of any sort that he is a Muslim. He was not raised in Indonesia other than for about 4 years age 6-10. Other than the 4 years his raising was in Hawaii. I will speak more to that in another posting.
He was NOT raised in Indonesia in the post-911 climate, Simply and totally untrue. He worked as a civil rights attorney and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. He served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, running unsuccessfully for the United States House of Representatives in 2000. 2004, Obama was elected to represent Illinois in the United States Senate.. He began his presidential campaign in 2007,
I never disputed any of those facts. I merely pointed out the perception of Obama that a great many Americans have.

Fact: His father was Kenyan. He was not an African-American. His father was a Muslim. As Rev. Pat Robertson put it, that makes Obama a Muslim because being Muslin is "inherited through the father, like being Jewish is inherited through the mother." (I've often wondered what religion Robertson would assign to the son of a Jewish woman and a Muslim father).

Fact: His name is Hussein Barack Obama. He was called Hussein after King Hussein of Jordan, but unfortunately that is (was) the name of a certain Iraqi dictator that the USA went to war against twice.

Fact: Most Americans do not distinguish between being Muslim and being a terrorist or at least in sympathy with terrorists.

Those facts about Obama's person / heritage make him an easy target. Like I said, if he had been the bi-racial son of a Mississippi cotton farmer named Rufus Jones who was descended from slaves and a white woman who was descended from slave owners, he would be a much more difficult target for people like Ted Nuget.

The United States was ready for an African-American president. It was not ready for a Muslim (referring to the father) Kenyan-American one.

And because of Obama, it will likely be another 50 years before the USA has another African-American president.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#14248 Mar 6, 2014
Bloody Bill Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I never disputed any of those facts. I merely pointed out the perception of Obama that a great many Americans have.
Fact: His father was Kenyan. He was not an African-American. His father was a Muslim. As Rev. Pat Robertson put it, that makes Obama a Muslim because being Muslin is "inherited through the father, like being Jewish is inherited through the mother." (I've often wondered what religion Robertson would assign to the son of a Jewish woman and a Muslim father).
Fact: His name is Hussein Barack Obama. He was called Hussein after King Hussein of Jordan, but unfortunately that is (was) the name of a certain Iraqi dictator that the USA went to war against twice.
Fact: Most Americans do not distinguish between being Muslim and being a terrorist or at least in sympathy with terrorists.
Those facts about Obama's person / heritage make him an easy target. Like I said, if he had been the bi-racial son of a Mississippi cotton farmer named Rufus Jones who was descended from slaves and a white woman who was descended from slave owners, he would be a much more difficult target for people like Ted Nuget.
The United States was ready for an African-American president. It was not ready for a Muslim (referring to the father) Kenyan-American one.
And because of Obama, it will likely be another 50 years before the USA has another African-American president.
Good points.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#14249 Mar 6, 2014
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
no, but he can suffocate it by cutting off operational funding.....like to the IRS
I'm not so sure about that.

Sherwood, AR

#14250 Mar 7, 2014
I thought this was about best puppet ever.

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#14251 Mar 7, 2014
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not so sure about that.
why not ? Obama changes the law just about every day. Everytime he makes a change, it certainly does have a financial impact. Budget is not necessarily law
Bloody Bill Anderson

Paducah, KY

#14252 Mar 7, 2014
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Budget is not necessarily law
You are wrong. Only Congress has the power to tax and spend money. Further, all money bills must originate in the House of Representatives. The President has very limited executive authority to reallocate funds within a department, such as in say, using Defense Dept. funds allocated for buying small arms ammunition for buying fuel for tanks instead. He does not have the authority to either spend more than Congress appropriates for a department or not spend money that Congress appropriated. He also does not have the authority to move funds from one department to another. He cannot even shift funds that Congress appropriated specifically for the Navy to the Army or Air Force.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#14253 Mar 7, 2014
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
If only Hillary Clinton and the main stream media felt the same...
http://www.presstelegram.com/general-news/201...
The Russians have been provoked to do what they are doing. By whom is the question.
I'd encourage you all to look into the situation... and be highly skeptical of what the TV news tells you.
They're lying to you.
"nac" likely you will respond with more name calling but I'm willing to stick my "opinion" out to you as why Russia is doing what they are doing.

Crimea is a semi-autonomous region of Ukraine. But in 1954 Khrushchev decreed that it become part of Ukraine, many Russian’s still see as illegitimate. Half of the Crimea population are ethnic Russians, a quarter are ethnic Ukrainians and most of the remainder are Crimean Tatars who, having been deported by Stalin in 1944, are fiercely anti-Russian.

The naval base at Sevastopol, on Crimea’s southwestern tip, is Russia’s only warm water naval base and its primary means of extending force through the Mediterranean. Put simply, without a naval base in Crimea Russia is finished as a global military power. Putin just about has to protect Russian interests in Crimea if the Ukraine more into the EU spear of influence.

There’s very little Ukraine, the US or NATO can do about it. Russia has ample military assets in the area and it is doubtful that a shooting war will break out. I doubt that Putin/Russia has any desire to try to invade the rest of the Ukraine as that would create a lot of problems for them with a civil uprising. They are safe in taking Crimea with a strong pro-Russian population.

Any free and fair referendum regarding Crimean sovereignty would be close, but with an ethnic majority of Russians it ensures Putin/Russia victory and giving him a veneer of legitimacy.

Now the long term look/guess.

Annexation of Crimea will mean that Putin has likely lost Ukraine for good. It will be a transgression that will not be forgotten or forgiven by the people of Ukraine. Very likely it will speed up European/USA aid and integration of the Ukraine away from Russian and into the EU, which has already started.
Maude

Floral Park, NY

#14254 Mar 7, 2014
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion --- racism. Wrong color of skin. They cannot see a half white man but see a total black man. Maybe the USA wasn't ready for a man who shows to be of mixed race.
People love to hate and when wound up they can be total nuts.
All spurred on by the extreme right wing talk jocks on radio and Fixed News. Ted Nugent ring a bell? Glen Beck? Rush? They wind up the weak minded nuts.
Once a white skinned person is back in the White House the rhetoric to stir up the nuts will die down.
The only reason the Nuts are out is becouse there is a Nut by the name OBAMA in the White House OBAMA===O=ne B=ig A=ss M=istake A=merica even the Nuts on the left are running from him, his polls #s are down to 38% the lowest of any president.
nac

Merrick, NY

#14255 Mar 7, 2014
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
"nac" likely you will respond with more name calling but I'm willing to stick my "opinion" out to you as why Russia is doing what they are doing.
Crimea is a semi-autonomous region of Ukraine. But in 1954 Khrushchev decreed that it become part of Ukraine, many Russian’s still see as illegitimate. Half of the Crimea population are ethnic Russians, a quarter are ethnic Ukrainians and most of the remainder are Crimean Tatars who, having been deported by Stalin in 1944, are fiercely anti-Russian.
The naval base at Sevastopol, on Crimea’s southwestern tip, is Russia’s only warm water naval base and its primary means of extending force through the Mediterranean. Put simply, without a naval base in Crimea Russia is finished as a global military power. Putin just about has to protect Russian interests in Crimea if the Ukraine more into the EU spear of influence.
There’s very little Ukraine, the US or NATO can do about it. Russia has ample military assets in the area and it is doubtful that a shooting war will break out. I doubt that Putin/Russia has any desire to try to invade the rest of the Ukraine as that would create a lot of problems for them with a civil uprising. They are safe in taking Crimea with a strong pro-Russian population.
Any free and fair referendum regarding Crimean sovereignty would be close, but with an ethnic majority of Russians it ensures Putin/Russia victory and giving him a veneer of legitimacy.
Now the long term look/guess.
Annexation of Crimea will mean that Putin has likely lost Ukraine for good. It will be a transgression that will not be forgotten or forgiven by the people of Ukraine. Very likely it will speed up European/USA aid and integration of the Ukraine away from Russian and into the EU, which has already started.
Why not give the actual author credit?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregsatell/2014/0...
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#14256 Mar 7, 2014
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not give the actual author credit?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregsatell/2014/0...
First because I did not include the whole article. I took & repeated only points that I agreed with.

I certainly would give him credit if I was reprinting the whole article, selling the article, wrote or publishing it in a book.

If I'm using information from his article to form an opinion and post certain thing from it on a open forum it is perfectly proper.

If that upsets you so be it. At least it's not whacko self created conspiracy's theories you and Glen Beck cook up. I figured it was wasting my time attempting to have a normal discussion with you.

I use many sources of news to form my views and would not have know that Putin invaded the Crimea without hearing on the news or reading about it. I listen and read many news sourced and if they say something I agree with I repeat it in my postings.

Last night I listened to the "Why they did it" special on MSNBC at a friends house.(I don't have MSNBC on my TV.) Likely I learned a lot of information in that special that I will be referring to or repeating regarding the Iraq War that Bush/Cheney got us into over oil.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#14257 Mar 7, 2014
Maude wrote:
<quoted text>The only reason the Nuts are out is becouse there is a Nut by the name OBAMA in the White House OBAMA===O=ne B=ig A=ss M=istake A=merica even the Nuts on the left are running from him, his polls #s are down to 38% the lowest of any president.
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 47% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Fifty-two percent (52%) disapprove

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

Lucky he polls that good with Fixed News political carnival barkers and the right wing talking heads babbling all day on the radio's. All funded and paid for by the likes of the Koch Brothers to pack the heads of the nuts and whackos in the listening choir.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#14258 Mar 7, 2014
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
why not ? Obama changes the law just about every day. Everytime he makes a change, it certainly does have a financial impact. Budget is not necessarily law
I think you have collected more peanuts than Jimmy Carter ever raised.

You likely have enough to retire on if you sell at the right time.
nac

Massapequa, NY

#14259 Mar 7, 2014
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
First because I did not include the whole article. I took & repeated only points that I agreed with.
I certainly would give him credit if I was reprinting the whole article, selling the article, wrote or publishing it in a book.
If I'm using information from his article to form an opinion and post certain thing from it on a open forum it is perfectly proper.
If that upsets you so be it. At least it's not whacko self created conspiracy's theories you and Glen Beck cook up. I figured it was wasting my time attempting to have a normal discussion with you.
I use many sources of news to form my views and would not have know that Putin invaded the Crimea without hearing on the news or reading about it. I listen and read many news sourced and if they say something I agree with I repeat it in my postings.
Last night I listened to the "Why they did it" special on MSNBC at a friends house.(I don't have MSNBC on my TV.) Likely I learned a lot of information in that special that I will be referring to or repeating regarding the Iraq War that Bush/Cheney got us into over oil.
Oh, Polly.

It doesn't upset me that you cut and paste the work of others and try to pass it off as your own.

Quite the opposite, actually. I find the irony that you constantly do that while calling yourself "opinion" very funny.
Eric

United States

#14260 Mar 8, 2014
Just a location test for me,
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#14261 Mar 8, 2014
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Polly.
It doesn't upset me that you cut and paste the work of others and try to pass it off as your own.
Quite the opposite, actually. I find the irony that you constantly do that while calling yourself "opinion" very funny.
Well I have to give you one thing. You are predictable but I have notice that you sure have slowed down on posting your whacko conspiracy theory's.

Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#14262 Mar 8, 2014
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Polly.
"nac":

I just read this article this morning and it sounds just like one of your theory's. By chance did you author it? You and DarwinitalFellow think just alike.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 at 07:48 AM PST.

Ukraine Conspiracy Theories Over Breakfast

by
DarwinitaFollow .

OK, so the spouse and I were bemoaning the hypocrisy of our foreign policy yet again (how dare we, the most invader country on the planet, wince at Russia for mobilizing troops to protect their own port? It's like if Texas rebelled and we were chastised for sending in the military to secure the Gulf of Mexico).

And then the husband says, "Well what do you expect? That's what happens when Chuck Hagel decided to downsize the military- Obama's handlers instantly trump up an excuse to NOT downsize- because Ukraine!!"
ZCs

New York, NY

#14263 Mar 8, 2014
Another reason to cheer for President Obama!!!!!!!!!!

Right Power!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday morning, President Obama put the final piece of his inequality agenda on the table. In releasing his 2015 budget, he calls for an additional $60 billion dollars in anti-poverty spending by expanding the earned income tax credit (EITC) for those without children, as well as making it eligible to younger and older workers. The earned income tax credit is a program that boosts the wages of low-income workers, particularly those with children, through the tax code. This expansion will benefit 7.7 million workers already getting the EITC, and allow an additional 5.8 million workers to take advantage of the program.

With this proposal, President Obama has a full anti-inequality agenda. In turning to inequality as the generational challenge of our times, President Obama has emphasized three sets of problems. The first is runaway incomes at the top, which he has used to justify the need for financial regulations as well as higher taxes on the rich. The second is stagnating incomes in the middle, which health care reform is meant to challenge. And the last is economic insecurity at the bottom, which he’s focused on with a higher minimum wage, expanded Medicaid access, and now an expanded earned income tax credit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 min Unbiased Chargers... 336,936
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued (Jun '16) 21 min great2guy 1,741
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 44 min Paul Yanks 44,647
Skype Names 1 hr hbcman45 49
Time to go? (Jun '15) 2 hr Confederate Soldier 13,367
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 2 hr NEMO 3,751
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr SweLL GirL 16,505

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance