COMING HOME TO ROOST

Monroe, NC

#13490 Nov 22, 2013
The term “Obamacare” has largely disappeared from the mouths of Democrats as the president’s health care reform law has gone from a rallying cry to a political grenade.

President Obama once said he embraced the phrase on the 2012 campaign trail, telling supporters,“I do care.” As recently as Nov. 8, Obama predicted to a laughing crowd in New Orleans that his political opponents would stop using the term once the law became popular.

“I know health care is controversial, so there’s only going to be so much support we get on that on a bipartisan basis — until it’s working really well, and then they’re going to stop calling it Obamacare,” he said.“They’re going to call it something else.”

However, it has seemed to change names with the Democrats instead as the law’s popularity has slumped to new lows in the wake of Obama’s broken promises, rising premiums, insurance cancellations and a disastrous rollout. Obama’s approval rating has also plummeted as a result.

During an apologetic press conference Nov. 14, Obama referred to his law as the Affordable Care Act 12 times but did not say “Obamacare” once. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who has referred to the law as Obamacare in the past, told Meet the Press host David Gregory that she “always” referred to it as the Affordable Care Act during an interview Sunday, and other Democrats are backing off the term as well.

RUN BARACK RUN

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Pravda

Bay Shore, NY

#13491 Nov 22, 2013
COMING HOME TO ROOST wrote:
The term “Obamacare” has largely disappeared from the mouths of Democrats as the president’s health care reform law has gone from a rallying cry to a political grenade.
President Obama once said he embraced the phrase on the 2012 campaign trail, telling supporters,“I do care.” As recently as Nov. 8, Obama predicted to a laughing crowd in New Orleans that his political opponents would stop using the term once the law became popular.
“I know health care is controversial, so there’s only going to be so much support we get on that on a bipartisan basis — until it’s working really well, and then they’re going to stop calling it Obamacare,” he said.“They’re going to call it something else.”
However, it has seemed to change names with the Democrats instead as the law’s popularity has slumped to new lows in the wake of Obama’s broken promises, rising premiums, insurance cancellations and a disastrous rollout. Obama’s approval rating has also plummeted as a result.
During an apologetic press conference Nov. 14, Obama referred to his law as the Affordable Care Act 12 times but did not say “Obamacare” once. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who has referred to the law as Obamacare in the past, told Meet the Press host David Gregory that she “always” referred to it as the Affordable Care Act during an interview Sunday, and other Democrats are backing off the term as well.
RUN BARACK RUN
As soon as you see someone call obamacare the affordable care act or ACA you know they are spewing nothing more then partisan propaganda, and that there is not likely to be any actual individual thought, just talking points distributed by the democratic party.

And frankly as on display with their weakening the filibuster, the democratic party has little regard for democratic principles, and only wants to push their destructive antiAmerican agenda at any cost.
Pravda

Bay Shore, NY

#13492 Nov 22, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to turn you into anything. I simply congratulated you for a good job of being exactly what I've been calling you for months... a Parrot!!!
Want a cracker?
I applaud your patience and control in dealing with this type of BS, I have no patience for those that simply parrot the propaganda points of their political party, then act like little babies in attacking you for pointing it out,

would not be surprised to see them then go to cry to their mommies.

Good job in staying above the childish attacks and tantrums of the left wing zealots.
2012 NOV RERUN COMING

Monroe, NC

#13493 Nov 22, 2013
Pravda wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as you see someone call obamacare the affordable care act or ACA you know they are spewing nothing more then partisan propaganda, and that there is not likely to be any actual individual thought, just talking points distributed by the democratic party.
And frankly as on display with their weakening the filibuster, the democratic party has little regard for democratic principles, and only wants to push their destructive antiAmerican agenda at any cost.
Next November the taxpayers, the uninsured and the soon to be uninsured will make a repeat of the historical 2010 elections. Ted Cruz and the Tea Party was right! The Democrats and the Republican establishment needs to be crushed in 2014!
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13494 Nov 22, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is your position that the people that voted AGAINST the bill are the one's responsible for the negative aspects of the bill? Interesting theory, Polly.
If your memory is good you would remember that I have said many times that the ACA aka Obamacare is built around a Republican Conservative idea that came out of the Heritage Foundation.It was developed as a defense against single-payer health care. It was endorsed by the Heritage Foundation. George H.W. Bush put together a plan with an individual mandate, but left it on the shelf because there was no way it’d pass in a Democratic Congress.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

Well Democrats figured if they could not get a Single Payer System or a Public Option they would accept the Republican idea of the mandate.

The ACA was basically written in Congress based around some overall points President Obama wanted in the bill. Republicans proposed over 200 amendments and did amend it 169 times to what about 4 or 5 Democrat amendments. So yes much of what is in the ACA is Republican ideas and proposals.

But when the Republican idea amended by Republicans hit the floor they voted against their own basic idea as they had written it and amended it. Why because they did not want to see any reform to the healthcare system in the USA.

As I have also said I would rather have went to a Single Payer System or had a Public Option, but the ACA with a mandate will work. I also told you the basic flaws in the ACA of which one is making people purchase something. People still drive without auto insurance or even a driver's license.

The idea of each person being responsible for their own healthcare costs is a basic conservative principle. Using private insurance companies selling to private individuals is using the market place and capitalism. That is a negative aspect, a Republican idea and now Republicans are making the most out of it.

The ACA will work if it is not destroyed by Republicans, but "if" they do then the next time healthcare reform is looked at it will be further from any Republican ideas and closer to Democrat ideas of a Single Payer System that has been proven to work.

Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13495 Nov 22, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is your position that the people that voted AGAINST the bill are the one's responsible for the negative aspects of the bill? Interesting theory, Polly.
Obama care is so horrific that it renders its opponents incapable of coming up with a reasonable alternative.

What’s been distressing about the GOP is their great concern for the 1.3% who will have to pay more for health insurance.

I find it hypocritical the GOP is blaming Obama care for insurance companies dropping people from substandard policies when it is their party who is denying nearly 5 million people coverage in 25 states by opting out of Medicare expansion. If Doctors are no longer taking Medicare or Medicaid patients it is because of the GOP Governors and or Legislatures of those states.
When those families who are too poor to afford coverage fall through the gap in care as a result it has a detrimental effect on all of society. You blame the Affordable Care Act for that.
The bottom line is the GOP does not want the people to be covered by insurance. Their only concern is protecting the giant HMO’s and the Insurance companies that own them. They do not care about you and me and you are dumb enough to buy into their game of obstruction..
Work on this:

Obama care is so horrific that it renders its opponents/you incapable of coming up with a reasonable alternative.
What is your reasonable alternative other than name calling?

I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for a detailed proposal or anything other than a two sentence "ditto head" response. Which reminds me that your hero had a meltdown:
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/11/21/limba...
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13496 Nov 22, 2013
2012 NOV RERUN COMING wrote:
<quoted text>Next November the taxpayers, the uninsured and the soon to be uninsured will make a repeat of the historical 2010 elections. Ted Cruz and the Tea Party was right! The Democrats and the Republican establishment needs to be crushed in 2014!
Dream on. What's in that Tea you are drinking? Sober up and take another look at reality rather than listen to the echo chamber.
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13497 Nov 22, 2013
<quoted text>Next November the taxpayers, the uninsured and the soon to be uninsured will make a repeat of the historical 2010 elections. Ted Cruz and the Tea Party was right! The Democrats and the Republican establishment needs to be crushed in 2014!
Amid the current national uproar over the troubles of the Affordable Care Act, it is almost uplifting to hear the deep concern expressed by politicians, pundits, lobbyists, and corporate leaders over cancelation of existing health insurance policies. They empathize loudly with the millions of potential victims, whose plight infuriates these worthy observers. They fill hours of television and pages of print with expressions of outrage.
Suddenly everyone in Washington is intensely concerned about Americans who are losing their health insurance.

The outpouring of noble sentiment would be laudable — indeed, long overdue — if only there was any reason to believe these protestations are sincere. Sadly, the evidence points in the opposite direction, for a single obvious reason: Millions of people in this country have been losing health insurance for many years, resulting in untold thousands of serious illnesses, bankruptcies, and early deaths – but until insurance cancelations became a political embarrassment for Barack Obama, the usual right-wing reaction was silence.(Except for that awkward and revealing outburst during the Republican debates of 2012, when a live audience howled its approval for the “let him die” plan.)

Meanwhile, let’s please have no illusions about this momentary flurry of concern on the right over insurance lost. It would disappear instantly and permanently — if only Obamacare could be repealed. 11/15/13 Read more at http://www.nationalmemo.com/why-republicans-s...
HAGEN ECHO CHAMBER

Monroe, NC

#13498 Nov 22, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on. What's in that Tea you are drinking? Sober up and take another look at reality rather than listen to the echo chamber.
Kay Hagen (NC-D) is ALREADY running ads for next years election! Her cup of Kool-Aid is half empty and she knows it.
Another Opinion

Monroe, NC

#13499 Nov 22, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Amid the current national uproar over the troubles of the Affordable Care Act, it is almost uplifting to hear the deep concern expressed by politicians, pundits, lobbyists, and corporate leaders over cancelation of existing health insurance policies. They empathize loudly with the millions of potential victims, whose plight infuriates these worthy observers. They fill hours of television and pages of print with expressions of outrage.
Suddenly everyone in Washington is intensely concerned about Americans who are losing their health insurance.
The outpouring of noble sentiment would be laudable — indeed, long overdue — if only there was any reason to believe these protestations are sincere. Sadly, the evidence points in the opposite direction, for a single obvious reason: Millions of people in this country have been losing health insurance for many years, resulting in untold thousands of serious illnesses, bankruptcies, and early deaths – but until insurance cancelations became a political embarrassment for Barack Obama, the usual right-wing reaction was silence.(Except for that awkward and revealing outburst during the Republican debates of 2012, when a live audience howled its approval for the “let him die” plan.)
Meanwhile, let’s please have no illusions about this momentary flurry of concern on the right over insurance lost. It would disappear instantly and permanently — if only Obamacare could be repealed. 11/15/13 Read more at http://www.nationalmemo.com/why-republicans-s...
Sober up and take another look at reality rather than listen to the echo chamber.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#13501 Nov 22, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
If your memory is good you would remember that I have said many times that the ACA aka Obamacare is built around a Republican Conservative idea that came out of the Heritage Foundation.It was developed as a defense against single-payer health care. It was endorsed by the Heritage Foundation. George H.W. Bush put together a plan with an individual mandate, but left it on the shelf because there was no way it’d pass in a Democratic Congress.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
Well Democrats figured if they could not get a Single Payer System or a Public Option they would accept the Republican idea of the mandate.
The ACA was basically written in Congress based around some overall points President Obama wanted in the bill. Republicans proposed over 200 amendments and did amend it 169 times to what about 4 or 5 Democrat amendments. So yes much of what is in the ACA is Republican ideas and proposals.
But when the Republican idea amended by Republicans hit the floor they voted against their own basic idea as they had written it and amended it. Why because they did not want to see any reform to the healthcare system in the USA.
As I have also said I would rather have went to a Single Payer System or had a Public Option, but the ACA with a mandate will work. I also told you the basic flaws in the ACA of which one is making people purchase something. People still drive without auto insurance or even a driver's license.
The idea of each person being responsible for their own healthcare costs is a basic conservative principle. Using private insurance companies selling to private individuals is using the market place and capitalism. That is a negative aspect, a Republican idea and now Republicans are making the most out of it.
The ACA will work if it is not destroyed by Republicans, but "if" they do then the next time healthcare reform is looked at it will be further from any Republican ideas and closer to Democrat ideas of a Single Payer System that has been proven to work.
You keep spouting, "Republican idea, Republican amendments, Republican idea, Republican amendments"

Now, remind me again who voted FOR and who voted AGAINST these republican ideas, republican amendments, and the new law?

I know that you will probably never understand this, but the blame for this horrible law lies with THE PEOPLE THAT IMPOSED IT on the people.
DILLIGAF

New York, NY

#13502 Nov 22, 2013
Here is the 'president,' after he finds out his own healthcare has ben dropped by the insurance company...

DILLIGAF

New York, NY

#13504 Nov 22, 2013
A great big 'Right On' to that, both parties are culpable in the condition of this country at the present, and both should bear the brunt of the voters in the 2014, and the 2016 elections.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Up the TEA party.
DILLIGAF

New York, NY

#13505 Nov 22, 2013
So now the Obama administration has extended open enrollment to past the 2014 election so that voters will not know what the ACA has in store for them, time to impeach the mutt in the WH, and his cronies, who are complicit in his underhanded shenanigans, which may rise to the degree of a crime against this nation.
DILLIGAF

New York, NY

#13506 Nov 22, 2013
The more I see Harry Reid on the tube, the more I want to crack him in his head with a hammer from Sears and Roebuck.
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13508 Nov 23, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep spouting, "Republican idea, Republican amendments, Republican idea, Republican amendments"
Now, remind me again who voted FOR and who voted AGAINST these republican ideas, republican amendments, and the new law?
I know that you will probably never understand this, but the blame for this horrible law lies with THE PEOPLE THAT IMPOSED IT on the people.
Historical facts are tough to get around especially when you don't like them.

Fact --- the mandate was a Republican Conservative idea. It was not the preferred method of Democrats.

Fact --- the ACA was written by Congress with a set of points presented by President Obama.

Fact --- the Republican in Committee proposed over 200 amendments and actually passed 169 amendments to the ACA bill.

Fact --- what was originally a Republican idea with 169 Republican amendments was voted against when it came to the floor.

Fact --- Democrats passed the ACA because that was the best they could get even within the Democrat ranks, of which some are closet Republicans.

Fact --- Republicans have opposed doing anything and didn't even want their own proposal once accepted by the Democrats to become law.

Fact --- The ACA could work but will be opposed any and every way it can be by Republicans even being against their own ideas that are within the ACA.

Fact --- Republicans have proposed no reasonable alternative.
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13509 Nov 23, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on "nac" step up to the plate and commit yourself.

It seems that "nac" means Not A Clue.

Obama care is so horrific that it renders its opponents incapable of coming up with a reasonable alternative.

What’s been distressing about the GOP is their great concern for the 1.3% who will have to pay more for health insurance.

I find it hypocritical the GOP is blaming Obama care for insurance companies dropping people from substandard policies when it is their party who is denying nearly 5 million people coverage in 25 states by opting out of Medicare expansion. If Doctors are no longer taking Medicare or Medicaid patients it is because of the GOP Governors and or Legislatures of those states.
When those families who are too poor to afford coverage fall through the gap in care as a result it has a detrimental effect on all of society. You blame the Affordable Care Act for that.
The bottom line is the GOP does not want the people to be covered by insurance. Their only concern is protecting the giant HMO’s and the Insurance companies that own them. They do not care about you and me and you are dumb enough to buy into their game of obstruction..
Work on this:

Obama care is so horrific that it renders its opponents/you incapable of coming up with a reasonable alternative.

What is your reasonable alternative other than name calling?

I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for a detailed proposal or anything other than a two sentence "ditto head" response.
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#13510 Nov 23, 2013
HAGEN ECHO CHAMBER wrote:
<quoted text>Kay Hagen (NC-D) is ALREADY running ads for next years election! Her cup of Kool-Aid is half empty and she knows it.
That's good stake your grand Tea Party take over on the Democrat who is in a wing nut State and always will have a tough time winning.

She knows that in NC she will have a tough time in any election.

Take a long look at the deep south, they used to be crazy southern Democrats and after President Johnson passed the civil rights and voter rights acts they all moved to the Republican party as he predicted.

Want a clue what the problem was?---(Racism) Was then and still is.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#13511 Nov 23, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good stake your grand Tea Party take over on the Democrat who is in a wing nut State and always will have a tough time winning.
She knows that in NC she will have a tough time in any election.
Take a long look at the deep south, they used to be crazy southern Democrats and after President Johnson passed the civil rights and voter rights acts they all moved to the Republican party as he predicted.
Want a clue what the problem was?---(Racism) Was then and still is.
Clearly, this Tea Party political movement is a backfire for establishment Republicans.
In 2013, most establishment Republicans realize they must at least appear to be moving to a more moderate position in order to win elections.
But they have been fanning the flames of this particular political constituency and now they have to reap what they have sown.
It will be interesting to see what sort of conservative coalition emerges, if any.
LYING MANIAC

Monroe, NC

#13512 Nov 23, 2013
Legendary comedian Jackie Mason has uncorked a full-blown assault on President Obama and his troubled attempt at providing health care for Americans.

“It’s such a ridiculous thing. The whole country’s walking around wondering if this guy’s really the president of a country. He sounds more like a maniac in an asylum,” Mason said in a radio interview Sunday night.

“He’s saying things that nobody believes. He was always lying every day of his life. Every time he talks it was a lie. The only time he told the truth is when you didn’t hear from him.”

“This is becoming so ridiculous, that even the biggest liar can’t top himself,” Mason, 82, told host Aaron Klein on WABC in New York City.“He looks at you straight in the face, and tells you that if you want your plan, you got your plan, you keep your plan. Now, a month-and-a-half later, you got no plan, you lost your plan, and he tells you you still got a plan.”

FULL AUDIO:
http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/legendary-comic-fl...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rev. Al Sharpton demands justice for Eric Garne... (Jul '14) 14 min The Ace of Spades 59
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr jimi-yank 315,543
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr John-K 309,688
Poll Would you participate in a class action law sui... (Apr '13) 7 hr Alexis reyes 66
Any small store owners looking for discounted h... (Oct '14) Oct '14 savyseller8 1
Constant parades on 37th Ave. ae a constant pai... (Oct '14) Oct '14 truthteller 1
NY Paw Pals High quality low cost pet service. (Aug '14) Aug '14 NY Paw Pals 1
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]