OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER
Opinion

Wanblee, SD

#13168 Oct 29, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
you should really look into getting a part b supplement...it might sound expensive now, but it covers ALL the out of pocket expenses that medicare doesn't...it really is worth it.
if you have a 401k plan, you could use that money to pay for the insurance.
living off a pension and ddsi just isn't enough anymore...
You are giving him good advice.

I also really think he should double check as to what coverage he still has under his wife's policy. She likely had pretty good coverage as a teacher in NY but a lot of group policies drop coverage on dependents who reach 65. Fact is a lot of employer group policies lapse also once no longer employed.

Who knows.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#13169 Oct 29, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to argue with what's pretty much hits the nail square on the head.
I couldn't agree with you more.
Truth is truth.
Opinion

Wanblee, SD

#13170 Oct 29, 2013
Two unfunded wars coupled with Bush tax cuts for the rich, a financial collapse under Bush and an economic depression at the end of the Bush Presidency caused the vast debt problem yet they want to pay the bill now by cutting funded programs.

http://www.credomobilize.com/petitions/no-gra... ------

Billionaires like the Koch brothers, Pete Peterson, Stanley Druckenmiller and others are leading the charge to cut Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. If they succeed, millions of senior citizens, working families, disabled veterans and children will suffer.

The gap between the very rich and everyone else is growing wider and wider and the wealthiest people and the largest corporations are doing phenomenally well.

Social Security is not going broke. According to the Social Security Administration, Social Security has a surplus today of $2.8 trillion and can pay out every benefit owed to every eligible person for the next 20 years.

Social Security has not contributed to the deficit. Social Security is funded independently by FICA taxes which are paid by workers and their employers.

The so-called chained-CPI, which recalculates how COLA’s are formulated, is not a “modest tweak.” If the chained CPI went into effect today, a senior aged 65 would receive $658 a year less in Social Security benefits when he/she is 75, and $1,100 a year less at age 85. Further, the average disabled veteran would lose tens of thousands of dollars in benefits over his/her lifetime.

When one out of four U.S. corporations pay nothing in federal income taxes; when Bush’s tax breaks for the rich remain in place for many wealthy Americans; when the U.S. spends almost as much as the rest of the world combined on defense, there are much fairer and economically sound ways to address the budget than cutting programs desperately needed by the most vulnerable people in our country.
here it comes

Yonkers, NY

#13171 Oct 29, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
most of the middle class is smart enough to already have health insurance....therefore...do not need to sign up.
obamacare is for people who have NO insurance, people who have insurance and people who have medicaid or medicare don't have to do anything....that is why they are not signing up.
civil unions have nothing to do with anything, except the fact that they want the same rights as other couples. if insurance benefits apply to them, so be it...
I know a lot of people, in NY, who are self employed and are covered by plans which are folding. In a few weeks they will legally be required to join a BozoCare plan or be fined.

Plans that cover individuals or very small companies are folding. Why? Because of the Obama increased coverage requirements. No free lunch, you know.

And the Dems planned all this in advance. A White House memo in 2010 has been published today showing that the WH predicted that 40-65% of all private plans would have to fold with the new requirements.

You think that doctors want to treat BozoCare patients? They have already indicated that most will retire or leave. Many are making deals to treat in the Bahamas or just over the Mexican border.

Ironically, US citizens are not covered by Canadian national healthcare and many will be seeking treatment up there. Which is fine with Canada, since US citizens will be paying customers.
Opinion

Wanblee, SD

#13172 Oct 29, 2013
here it comes wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a lot of people, in NY, who are self employed and are covered by plans which are folding. In a few weeks they will legally be required to join a BozoCare plan or be fined.
Plans that cover individuals or very small companies are folding. Why? Because of the Obama increased coverage requirements. No free lunch, you know.
And the Dems planned all this in advance. A White House memo in 2010 has been published today showing that the WH predicted that 40-65% of all private plans would have to fold with the new requirements.
You think that doctors want to treat BozoCare patients? They have already indicated that most will retire or leave. Many are making deals to treat in the Bahamas or just over the Mexican border.
Ironically, US citizens are not covered by Canadian national healthcare and many will be seeking treatment up there. Which is fine with Canada, since US citizens will be paying customers.
You make BIG statements without any proof or factual support.

Yes, all healthcare plans have to meet a basic standard. No longer are the totally worthless cheap policies going to be sold where people “think” that they have something and in reality have little or nothing if they truly get sick.

Yes, they will have to obtain a health insurance plan that meets the basic coverage requirements of the law. Whether or not it is purchased off the exchanges or purchased direct from a private insurance company is your option. It was a WELL KNOWN fact that junk healthcare would not fly when certain standards were placed on insurance companies. At least they now have something worth purchasing. Yes, Democrats knew it and so did Republicans but they did not care plus the insurance companies liked to reap the profits off selling junk insurance that only fools purchased.

It’s total b/s that doctors are leaving. They are not going anywhere. If as you say they want to go to the Bahamas or Mexico to practice so be it. But I believe that is all b/s. Doctors will be dealing with the exact same insurance companies as before and getting paid. Actually the Doctors and hospitals will more likely get paid for their services than before.
There is NO insurance called a Bozocare policy or an Obamacare policy. The only government insurance run by the government or sold that is government run is Medicare and Medicaid.
The healthcare exchanges are simply a government run website where private people can purchase a healthcare policy from a private company and see if they are entitled to an income subsidy.
All the plans sold on the healthcare exchanges are sold by “private” insurance companies. Let’s do it again private people are meeting with private insurance companies on the exchanges to purchase “private” insurance that meets the basic policy requirements set forth in the ACA.
You state:“Ironically, US citizens are not covered by Canadian national healthcare and many will be seeking treatment up there. Which is fine with Canada, since US citizens will be paying customers.”That is also b/s. But if you wish to explain your reasoning and provide some supporting facts, have at it.

Please prove me wrong because if I am wrong I would like to know.
Opinion

Wanblee, SD

#13173 Oct 29, 2013
here it comes wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if you just stated that Doctors are having problems with Medicare and Medicaid due to lower payment rates and slow claim processing I might agree there is a problem.

Some Doctors want more for their services than the reimbursement rates in Medicare and Medicaid.

But likely they will just refuse to accept Medicare and Medicaid patients. I doubt they are going to set up practice in Mexico where its cash up front or they are going to set up practice in Canada where there is a single payer system in affect that also sets a payment limit for services.
nac

Merrick, NY

#13174 Oct 29, 2013
Opinion wrote:
Two unfunded wars coupled with Bush tax cuts for the rich, a financial collapse under Bush and an economic depression at the end of the Bush Presidency caused the vast debt problem yet they want to pay the bill now by cutting funded programs.
http://www.credomobilize.com/petitions/no-gra... ------
Billionaires like the Koch brothers, Pete Peterson, Stanley Druckenmiller and others are leading the charge to cut Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. If they succeed, millions of senior citizens, working families, disabled veterans and children will suffer.
The gap between the very rich and everyone else is growing wider and wider and the wealthiest people and the largest corporations are doing phenomenally well.
Social Security is not going broke. According to the Social Security Administration, Social Security has a surplus today of $2.8 trillion and can pay out every benefit owed to every eligible person for the next 20 years.
Social Security has not contributed to the deficit. Social Security is funded independently by FICA taxes which are paid by workers and their employers.
The so-called chained-CPI, which recalculates how COLA’s are formulated, is not a “modest tweak.” If the chained CPI went into effect today, a senior aged 65 would receive $658 a year less in Social Security benefits when he/she is 75, and $1,100 a year less at age 85. Further, the average disabled veteran would lose tens of thousands of dollars in benefits over his/her lifetime.
When one out of four U.S. corporations pay nothing in federal income taxes; when Bush’s tax breaks for the rich remain in place for many wealthy Americans; when the U.S. spends almost as much as the rest of the world combined on defense, there are much fairer and economically sound ways to address the budget than cutting programs desperately needed by the most vulnerable people in our country.
Candidate Obama promised to CHANGE these failed Bush policies.

President Obama has presided JUST LIKE Bush, much to our detriment.
Opinion

Wanblee, SD

#13175 Oct 29, 2013
DILLIGAF wrote:
Hundreds of thousands losing their health care, many elderly are in shock over their loss of coverage,------

who by the millions are rejecting it,--------

I suffered a near life ending injury and had to retire ----.
The vast majority of "elderly" are already on Medicare and not losing their healthcare. Millions may not like the ACA but far more Millions of Americans are for it. That pretty much was the issue at the last Presidential election.

Republican's don't like the ACA any way shape or form.

Ask them what they would do the point to the Ryan Plan.

What is the Ryan Plan?

Basically the same thing as the ACA with one major change.

Ryan proposes to move everyone on Medicare which is a not for profit single payer system to being required to get insurance of the healthcare exchanges and their have to deal with a for profit insurance company.

Now you tell me how moving 15 million seniors from Medicare onto the exchanges is going to help anyone but the for profit insurance companies?
Second go out and see what at your age and medical condition what healthcare in the private market would cost you. Then make your decision whether the Republican's Ryan plan would be good for you or 15 million other seniors on Medicare.

Right now the Republicans are blasting away at the government operated exchanges for political purpose not that the ACA is not workable. Then at the same time the Ryan plan proposes moving 15 million Medicare seniors onto the same system. How is that going to solve the problem????????

The Republican's proposal is simply to repeal Obama care and then turn right around and pass the Republican Ryan care (or maybe Republican care) which other than moving Medicare back to the for profit insurance companies using the same healthcare exchange set up the rest would only have minor changes.

If you really want to see affordable healthcare move everyone to a not for profit Medicare/single payer system and take the for profit insurance companies out of the game.
Opinion

Wanblee, SD

#13176 Oct 29, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are back but not sticking your neck out very far. Nothing solid that you have to stand on or defend. Same old "nac".

Let’s remember that Republicans have opposed President Obama attempts to change most of the Bush policies.
Let’s remember that the first two years Obama had a total mess on his hands to deal with all handed to him by Bush. He did a pretty good job considering the Senate minority leader used every trick possible to stop anything and everything.
After the midterm elections and the Republicans got control of the House of Representatives they have done nothing – jobs job jobs was what they run on but no jobs bill was ever passed but they did repeal Obama care 44 times. Right now nothing is going to get done because Republicans are not going to govern but just oppose.
The one thing that Obama screwed up bad on was not letting the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy expire. He had one chance and he fumbled in my opinion. I would also say that Obama likely found out the political power that the well placed, the wealthy and large corporations have. A well-funded right wing news media of Fixed News with rightwing carnival political barkers blasting away all day on the radio also makes it tough to do much of anything.
Let’s also remember that the Democrat party is not in litmus lock step with each other like Republican are. Republicans stick together and primary the weak. Democrats are like a bunch of cats in a tent when a dog barks outside.
But let’s remember that you are not political to either party as you gave Bush total hell for everything Obama tried to correct and now being the great minded independent are equally giving Obama total hell. Yea right.
Opinion

Wanblee, SD

#13177 Oct 29, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Any chance you want to go back and answer those questions?????

“The One & Only”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#13178 Oct 29, 2013
I still can't understand where all the outrage was while Bush was running this country into the ground lining Cheney's pockets with the blood money of dead soldiers. They should both be tried & convicted as war criminals.
nac

Merrick, NY

#13179 Oct 29, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are back but not sticking your neck out very far. Nothing solid that you have to stand on or defend. Same old "nac".
Let’s remember that Republicans have opposed President Obama attempts to change most of the Bush policies.
Let’s remember that the first two years Obama had a total mess on his hands to deal with all handed to him by Bush. He did a pretty good job considering the Senate minority leader used every trick possible to stop anything and everything.
After the midterm elections and the Republicans got control of the House of Representatives they have done nothing – jobs job jobs was what they run on but no jobs bill was ever passed but they did repeal Obama care 44 times. Right now nothing is going to get done because Republicans are not going to govern but just oppose.
The one thing that Obama screwed up bad on was not letting the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy expire. He had one chance and he fumbled in my opinion. I would also say that Obama likely found out the political power that the well placed, the wealthy and large corporations have. A well-funded right wing news media of Fixed News with rightwing carnival political barkers blasting away all day on the radio also makes it tough to do much of anything.
Let’s also remember that the Democrat party is not in litmus lock step with each other like Republican are. Republicans stick together and primary the weak. Democrats are like a bunch of cats in a tent when a dog barks outside.
But let’s remember that you are not political to either party as you gave Bush total hell for everything Obama tried to correct and now being the great minded independent are equally giving Obama total hell. Yea right.
Huh?

Bush was terrible and Obama is the same. You're not going to, but you should wake up.
nac

Merrick, NY

#13180 Oct 29, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Any chance you want to go back and answer those questions?????
What (idiotic) questions do you need answers to?
nac

Merrick, NY

#13181 Oct 29, 2013
Ol No Name wrote:
I still can't understand where all the outrage was while Bush was running this country into the ground lining Cheney's pockets with the blood money of dead soldiers. They should both be tried & convicted as war criminals.
Exactly, Bush AND Obama are war criminals that should be behind bars.
Opinion

Wanblee, SD

#13182 Oct 29, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, Bush AND Obama are war criminals that should be behind bars.
I would agree that truth be known likely Bush didn't have a clue who was really running the show.

Having lived close to where Dick Cheney was raised I have no use for the man. Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz knew the Federal government inside and outside. They had a lame brain who they could lead anywhere for fulfill their agenda. I strongly suspect those three were the real criminals who were running the show.
Maude

Floral Park, NY

#13183 Oct 29, 2013
We the People wrote:
We are all so glad President Obama is leading the Country.
Leading the country down the path to the sh-- sorry, outhouse, everone is so happy with OBAMACARE. The American people are in for rough times ahead they were taken in by a Community Organizer, OBAMA--O ne B ig A ss M istake A merica read it and weep.
In A Nutshell

United States

#13184 Oct 29, 2013
Uh oh. Obama finally begins 'The Purge'...
If you thought Barack Obama couldn't possibly do any further damage to America, you've got to read this story as an apparent massive "purge" has just begun ...
Read the latest now on WND.com .

DILLIGAF

New York, NY

#13185 Oct 29, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are now on Medicare (government run healthcare insurance) you will not have to purchase anything else.
The reason you are on Medicare is that you cannot afford to purchase a private insurance policy at your age and likely health condition. The cost would be quite high if you could even find a insurance company that would take you.
It surprises me that your wife's policy still covers you in any manner. If I understood correctly that your wife was a teacher and thus covered by some type of State school policy it must be a pretty good policy to keep covering her let alone you. Most group plans drop coverage after you can no longer work.
Anyway good luck and good health.
Thank you for your well wishes, my wife was not a teacher, she was a school administrator, and had students that became famous attend and audition at her school as she was able to see people like Clair Danes, and Alicia Keys graduate from her school. I did not say I couldn't afford health insurance, I certainly can, but it would be a big drain on my financial resources, at this time, on another note when I was employed I was covered by Empire Blue Cross, and Empire Blue Shield, which was my primary, I also had HIP Emblem Health, from my wife's employment which was my secondary coverage I had coverage even up to 3 years after I retired from my employment, then lost the coverage of BC/BS, and my wife's Emblem health HIP became my primary, until she retired due to her illness, and it became my secondary, and Medicare is now my primary, pretty confusing isn't it.
DILLIGAF

New York, NY

#13186 Oct 29, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
you should really look into getting a part b supplement...it might sound expensive now, but it covers ALL the out of pocket expenses that medicare doesn't...it really is worth it.
if you have a 401k plan, you could use that money to pay for the insurance.
living off a pension and ddsi just isn't enough anymore...
I have part A and B, thank you.

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#13187 Oct 30, 2013
Welcome to Obamacare -

Our servers still remain down but we would like to welcome the 15 million hard working Americans who were told they could keep their healthcare.

Well ...at least we got your vote last year (suckers)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 28 min TMAN_Mets 47,202
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 33 min Princess Hey 19,648
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 34 min Princess Hey 18,497
Best hookup xxx sites/apps 2018 1 hr jose 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Build the wall 336,946
News ICE arrests 225 immigrants in New York during '... 2 hr Build the wall 12
News New York to extend ban on cars from Manhattan's... 2 hr Go green 3

Jackson-Heights Jobs

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages