Nemo Noone

Philip, SD

#13143 Oct 27, 2013
DILLIGAF wrote:
Hundreds of thousands of people being dropped from their insurance rolls, hundreds of thousands more then are enrolling in the ACA, now many are just enrolling in Medicare, which will put a huge crimp in the total of people who they mistakenly believed would log on to the ACA websites, which incidently from what I hear will be very easy to hack into and SSNs stolen, along with bank acct. numbers, nice going WH nitwits, you too horseface Sebelous.
According to the President of Blue Cross, yes people are being told that their old policy does not meet the ACA standards and will be cancelled and replaced.
He suggesting that they go onto the exchanges and look at a comparable Blue Cross policy that is being offered. Depending on individual circumstances and possible government subsidies they might actually find a lower rate. But it also might be higher.
All health insurance policy companies base rates on a large pool of people being insured. The smaller the pool the more risk they take to insure. For pure profit, in the past the insurance companies who sold individual policies carefully picked and choose who they insured.
They cancelled policy holders at their will. No longer can they do that. Also now they cannot pick and choose who they elect to insure and if they are going to stay in the insurance game they need to expand their coverage pools.
As to ACA websites being able to be hacked into, stop and think about all the insurance companies who already have your SS number. Think about all the Doctors and hospitals that already have your SS number on file. Personally I would feel more protected giving a government that information than the people at PayPal or the local electric company who can use an automatic bank withdrawal. Also I might add that you get your SS number from the government and the IRS, SS and Medicare already have it.

But if you are dead set against the ACA likely there will be something wrong somewhere to make mountains out of mole hills about..
Opinion

Philip, SD

#13145 Oct 27, 2013
DILLIGAF wrote:
Hundreds of thousands of people being dropped from their insurance rolls, hundreds of thousands more then are enrolling in the ACA, now many are just enrolling in Medicare, which will put a huge crimp in the total of people who they mistakenly believed would log on to the ACA websites, which incidently from what I hear will be very easy to hack into and SSNs stolen, along with bank acct. numbers, nice going WH nitwits, you too horseface Sebelous.
The ACA sets higher, not lower standards, for policies.

Some, who could not otherwise afford healthcare, will get subsidies; others will pay a bit more for the added value of a policy under the ACA with high standards.

If that's a Faustian bargain, so be it. You are going to get better healthcare insurance even though you might believe what you had compared. It likely did not because the ACA made the insurance companies do things they never did before and stopped them from doing things they always did. Either way it always benefited the insurance companies who were immoral, unethical, amoral, unscrupulous, Machiavellian, dishonorable, dishonest, deceitful, devious, corrupt, crooked, wicked, evil, villainous, shameless in their dealings.

Lets remember that if you do not want to use the healthcare exchanges you do not have to. You can contact about any health insurance company and they will sell you a policy. The main reason to use the exchange is if you are entitled to help based on your income and dependents.

But you will have to give them your SS number.

You have stated that you are on the government run Medicare program for people over 65. Why didn't you purchase insurance from a health insurance company???---Answer they don't want you because you are old and likely to start having healthcare expenses.
That is why Medicare was set up in the first place.

If you have a pre-condition they don't want you - if you get sick they would cancel your policy at the end of the policy year - and guess what -- you went broke. The ACA put the hammer down on insurance companies and they are having to reconsider their options.

I also suggested to you that since you are on Medicare you should purchase a supplemental plan to cover what Medicare won't cover. You get sick and the policy premium cost will seem pretty cheap.

But if you just want to look for something to rant and rave about regarding Obama Care, my guess is that nothing is perfect.

Is there things that likely need to be corrected in regards to the ACA -- sure is but how do you fix it when one side only wants to see it fail any way they can get it to fail.

Why? Because they don't want Obama to get the credit for doing something about healthcare and there was a lot of money flowing into politics when insurance companies ran the show along with the fact that insurance companies made lot and lots of money.
DILLIGAF

New York, NY

#13147 Oct 27, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Some, who could not otherwise afford healthcare, will get subsidies; others will pay a bit more for the added value of a policy under the ACA with high standards.
If that's a Faustian bargain, so be it. You are going to get better healthcare insurance even though you might believe what you had compared. It likely did not because the ACA made the insurance companies do things they never did before and stopped them from doing things they always did. Either way it always benefited the insurance companies who were immoral, unethical, amoral, unscrupulous, Machiavellian, dishonorable, dishonest, deceitful, devious, corrupt, crooked, wicked, evil, villainous, shameless in their dealings.
Lets remember that if you do not want to use the healthcare exchanges you do not have to. You can contact about any health insurance company and they will sell you a policy. The main reason to use the exchange is if you are entitled to help based on your income and dependents.
But you will have to give them your SS number.
You have stated that you are on the government run Medicare program for people over 65. Why didn't you purchase insurance from a health insurance company???---Answer they don't want you because you are old and likely to start having healthcare expenses.
That is why Medicare was set up in the first place.
If you have a pre-condition they don't want you - if you get sick they would cancel your policy at the end of the policy year - and guess what -- you went broke. The ACA put the hammer down on insurance companies and they are having to reconsider their options.
I also suggested to you that since you are on Medicare you should purchase a supplemental plan to cover what Medicare won't cover. You get sick and the policy premium cost will seem pretty cheap.
But if you just want to look for something to rant and rave about regarding Obama Care, my guess is that nothing is perfect.
Is there things that likely need to be corrected in regards to the ACA -- sure is but how do you fix it when one side only wants to see it fail any way they can get it to fail.
Why? Because they don't want Obama to get the credit for doing something about healthcare and there was a lot of money flowing into politics when insurance companies ran the show along with the fact that insurance companies made lot and lots of money.
Not ranting, Just putting forth some facts, and one of the articles that I posted is from the Huffington Post a very liberal blog, something not even you should have a "bone to pick with" about, you've berated me for posting other articles that you felt were not factual, so now posting items from the other side of the aisle, and you not believing them either, how do one get any 'facts'? Yes, I do not need any other supplemental insurance at this time, so it really makes no difference to me, however there must be some on here who do not have all the info at their disposal, so I am just being the 'messenger' making an effort to inform people exactly like what you are attempting to do, but because it does not fit in with your agenda, you want to berate me for that also, I guess trying to inform people in even a minor way annoys you, some on this thread do not believe you, and have their own facts, and a bet of dollars to donuts you will say those same people mention here are all wrong also, so it's 'cows may come, and cows may go' but the bull in here goes on. ah, but which side is shoveling the bull, that remains to be seen.
here it comes

Riverhead, NY

#13148 Oct 28, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever talk with actual practicing MDs? I do. A lot.

They foam at the mouth at the mention of BozoCare. If they can possibly swing it economically, they are leaving. BozoCare burdens the doctors with far more paperwork, far less in fees, and oversees the right to approve care.

Who are these geniuses? They certainly aren't MDs. Just nameless, faceless drones and computer printers..

If you ever saw a Social Security disability decision, you would realize that the government communicates through computer generated decisions for the most part. That is who will be deciding. Not to pull the plug. Just refusing to pay the electric bill if you keep it on.
Opinion

Philip, SD

#13149 Oct 28, 2013
DILLIGAF wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ranting, Just putting forth some facts, and one of the articles that I posted is from the Huffington Post a very liberal blog, something not even you should have a "bone to pick with" about, you've berated me for posting other articles that you felt were not factual, so now posting items from the other side of the aisle, and you not believing them either, how do one get any 'facts'? Yes, I do not need any other supplemental insurance at this time, so it really makes no difference to me, however there must be some on here who do not have all the info at their disposal, so I am just being the 'messenger' making an effort to inform people exactly like what you are attempting to do, but because it does not fit in with your agenda, you want to berate me for that also, I guess trying to inform people in even a minor way annoys you, some on this thread do not believe you, and have their own facts, and a bet of dollars to donuts you will say those same people mention here are all wrong also, so it's 'cows may come, and cows may go' but the bull in here goes on. ah, but which side is shoveling the bull, that remains to be seen.
You could be right. I'm hopeful that it will work. As I have stated in past postings I was involved in a Nation Wide health insurance contract with a major insurance company.

I watched as first to cut costs benefits were cut, then caps were lowered, then co-pay was raised and life time benefits were lowered. The average person covered under the insurance did not notice until they had to start paying something for the premiums each month. Since it was a group policy the insurance company had to cover everyone and could not pick and chose. I could go on and on. It was though to begin with one of the best.

Rather than the ACA I would have taken something like Medicare for all or a not for profit single payer system for all necessary and emergency care paid for in many ways so everyone got to pay some how some way.

Did you ever try to buy insurance rather than go onto Medicare?
Opinion

Philip, SD

#13150 Oct 28, 2013
here it comes wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever talk with actual practicing MDs? I do. A lot.
They foam at the mouth at the mention of BozoCare. If they can possibly swing it economically, they are leaving. BozoCare burdens the doctors with far more paperwork, far less in fees, and oversees the right to approve care.
Who are these geniuses? They certainly aren't MDs. Just nameless, faceless drones and computer printers..
If you ever saw a Social Security disability decision, you would realize that the government communicates through computer generated decisions for the most part. That is who will be deciding. Not to pull the plug. Just refusing to pay the electric bill if you keep it on.
Yes, I had a long discussion with my Doctor who did not have a clue what the ACA was about but that conversation was quite some time ago.
His main concern was about the slow payment from Medicare and Medicaid. Which are government run. After that he was concerned about having to call private insurance companies to find out what treatment they would cover.
Under the ACA people can still purchase healthcare insurance from any private insurance company and the doctors will still deal with those insurance companies on your behalf. No government involved.
People who purchase insurance off the healthcare exchanges are NOT buying government insurance.
They are purchasing a policy from a private insurance company and just like all other policies there will be different coverage and co-pays depending on the quality of policy you wish to purchase. The doctors will still deal with that private insurance company on your behalf.
No government insurance is involved unless you purchase Medicare.
The involvement of the government was setting minimum standards insurance companies had to meet and the government paid the costs of setting up government run computer healthcare exchanges where private insurance companies could sell insurance to private individuals.
There is only a number or reasons to even use the exchanges.
1. To see if your individual income level qualifies you for cost assistance.
2. To see if you can get a better deal there without assistance than you can get dealing directly with the insurance company’s. Shopping.
shameless-li

Fairfield, CT

#13151 Oct 28, 2013
here it comes wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your authority for that statement? The ONE person who signed up in Delaware? Or the ZERO invisible people who signed up in NY?
So. How many people signed up with "good deals"? Most??? Most of how many? Two or three people?
And please don't count the thousands who were actually signing up for Medicaid, an already existing welfare program.
when i renewed my medical this year, my price went down, slightly, but yes it did go down.
the price did not skyrocket the way some people were predicting...
Opinion

Philip, SD

#13152 Oct 28, 2013
Unless you live in Washington, D.C., or Vermont, you can also buy insurance outside the exchanges — by going directly to insurance brokers, agents or company Web sites.

In general, health policies effective Jan. 1, whether sold on the exchanges or off, must comply with the Affordable Care Act. That means they have to offer the same menu of essential benefits, like drug coverage and maternity care, and can’t deny you coverage if you’re already sick. And, insurers who sell policies both on and off the exchanges must sell the same plan for the same price.

Of course, the main attraction of the exchange is that plans sold there may come with subsidies that can substantially lower your monthly premiums.(Premium credits are for people making up to $46,000 for an individual and up to $94,000 for a family of four.
Opinion

Philip, SD

#13153 Oct 28, 2013
A letter from a local paper:

It's understandable that folks are apprehensive about O-care; we are embarking on an endeavor that brings us closer to the lofty ideals of humanity and away from the baser notions of 20th century capitalistic medicine. It's progressive, not conservative.

Remember that Social Security was viewed the same way in the 1930s; it turned out to be a godsend for all of us regular folks. Had both parties left it alone, it would not be the political pawn it is today.

Don't be fooled by hard-right scare tactics that only rear their ugly heads when not in power. They have drained this great nation’s coffers themselves, and they will do it again ($24 billion on the last little fool’s errand). They claim to want what is best for us but are at the very least guilty of their own accusations. Still they will cast the first stone without batting an eye.

Fox News and the ilk is mostly hard-right propaganda trying to make alternative realities, blindly slinging falsehoods, hoping it sticks anywhere. In the Hills, daytime A.M. radio is saturated with this stuff. Is Rush still on drugs or what? And Hannity is way more insane than Huckabee, golly gee!
here it comes

Riverhead, NY

#13154 Oct 28, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
when i renewed my medical this year, my price went down, slightly, but yes it did go down.
the price did not skyrocket the way some people were predicting...
They weren't predicting that YOUR particular payments would skyrocket, just that the AVERAGE family WOULD have increases.

So, we're happy for you, but the fact remains that most of the middle class is screwed (and not signing up). That's why civil service unions got exemptions.

All those people rushing to sign up are signing up for "Medicaid", the program for people on welfare.
Opinion

Philip, SD

#13155 Oct 28, 2013
here it comes wrote:
<quoted text>
-------, but the fact remains that most of the middle class is screwed (and not signing up). That's why civil service unions got exemptions.
----------
Just what are you saying?

Explain why the middle class is screwed and thus that's the reason civil service unions got exemptions.

You lost me or at least I don't see the connection you are making.
What exemption exactly are you referring to in regards to civil service unions?
How long are the exemptions for?
Opinion

Philip, SD

#13156 Oct 28, 2013
http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/10/01/1...
Most exemptions are one-year waivers that the Department of Health and Human Services granted to 1,231 companies and other organizations regarding the law’s restrictions of annual benefit caps.
Opinion

Philip, SD

#13157 Oct 28, 2013
here it comes wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't predicting that YOUR particular payments would skyrocket, just that the AVERAGE family WOULD have increases.
So, we're happy for you, but the fact remains that most of the middle class is screwed (and not signing up). That's why civil service unions got exemptions.
All those people rushing to sign up are signing up for "Medicaid", the program for people on welfare.
The Affordable Care Act changes the landscape of insurance. The law creates new mandates that require insurance plans cover certain essential benefits, in addition to setting a minimum percentage of the health costs a plan must cover. This means that comparing the cost of plans sanctioned by the ACA to plans offered before the law went into effect isn’t particularly fruitful.

Very low cost, so-called catastrophic plans available in the individual market before the ACA took effect are largely no longer available. Additionally, insurance companies are no longer allowed to advertise low “teaser” rates that balloon when an applicant starts listing personal traits like age, gender and pre-existing health conditions. These tactics by insurers help skew averages of pre-Obamacare premiums, making them appear much lower than they actually are in real life.

In the new system, there are four metal tiers of plans that vary in price from the cheapest, Bronze, that must cover at least 60 percent of all health care costs, to the most expensive, Platinum, that have to cover 90 percent of all costs. Additionally the variation in price based on personal traits are drastically restricted.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#13158 Oct 28, 2013
I think he's the best that anyone can hope for!
Opinion

Philip, SD

#13159 Oct 28, 2013
spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
I think he's the best that anyone can hope for!
Hard to argue with what's pretty much hits the nail square on the head.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#13160 Oct 28, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to argue with what's pretty much hits the nail square on the head.
Thank you, dear..
Obamacares

Lindenhurst, NY

#13161 Oct 28, 2013
America, love it or leave it.
DILLIGAF

New York, NY

#13162 Oct 28, 2013
Hundreds of thousands losing their health care, many elderly are in shock over their loss of coverage, look, Obama promise the sky to get reelected, millions believed him, but it was a lot of fraud, and lies, now even Jay Carney has half admitted as much. It would have been a beautiful thing if the ACA would have accomplished what Obama had convinced people it would accomplish, however we have all seen the folly of hitching their wagons to this debacle known as Obamacare, it has not, and probably will not work as hoped, so it was pushed through and foistered upon the American people, who by the millions are rejecting it, perhaps if the President would have had credible people quarterbacking it, instead of idealogued dolts like Reid, Pelosi, and Sebelius, they may have been willing to put up with some glitches, and breakdowns but it was 'fools gold' from the start.
You ask whether I have ever bought insurance besides going on Medicare, my answer is no, as I have worked in employment most of my adult life and have had coverage, I have worked for 43 years full time, I've paid my dues, I would have worked longer but I suffered a near life ending injury and had to retire a tad earlier then I would have liked, but I still worked plenty long enough to collect my pension, and SSDI.I know when my wife s end comes I will probably have to buy insurance but at this time I don't think I would, unless I am tracked down by the feds I will try to evade paying for something I will not benefit from. Obamacare was designed to enroll millions of young to pay for the oldsters, but they are not signing up for it, without their monies going into it, it will sink into an abyss, millions in this country are getting very tired of the Govt. telling us what we HAVE to do, not what we should do, and that is also part of the crux of the animus toward this President, and the ACA. So at this point we should just agree to disagree about the ACA, and wait for it's outcome in the near future, whether it's beneficial, or not.

“Lovely year for a Guinness”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#13163 Oct 29, 2013
here it comes wrote:
<quoted text>
which is why you should never trust a smoker (like Obama)

“Lovely year for a Guinness”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#13164 Oct 29, 2013
Obamacares wrote:
Everyone is signing up for Obamacare.
Everyone is losing their insurance....to Smokercare

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 26 min Pearl Jam 309,758
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min jimi-yank 53,060
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 59 min -Sprocket- 11,219
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr -Sprocket- 9,905
Poll 2015 tman_mets/momma chamberlin favorite sayings 3 hr jimi-yank 18
News Prosecutor in Garner case nears election to Con... 3 hr Just Saying 2
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr jimi-yank 315,825
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]