Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#12689 Sep 26, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
As an American citizen, I believe that I have the right to blame the guy that signed legislation taking away my Constitutional right to due process.
I'd just like to see more people in this country think for themselves, that's all.
You claim not to be partisan but you quickly blame the President for signing the NDAA Act rather than vetoing it and sending it back over a selective part he disagree with. He has the authority not to use that part. Seems a reasonable thing to do rather than just tie the matter up in Congress to fight over. I hope he never uses that part and would ready agree as a layman that it is likely un-constitutional. But, neither you, I nor an elected politician has standing to take it to court. Likely the guy that may will be a prisoner represented by the ACLU.

I would hope you vote for the best man/woman available regardless of political party.

I voted mostly Republican for many years and have stated the reason why today I have little use for the current crop of Republicans. Being a conservative donít equate to always being a Republican.

I am glad that you think for yourself and I would like to think that I do also although you would likely disagree that I do.

But you spent too much time messing with me over politics not to come across as extremely partisan but trying to hide as being above it all, being only concerned about the Constitution. You just canít quit peeing on my leg and trying to convince me itís raining. Some things one can identify by an distinct odor and a color of partisan politics.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#12690 Sep 26, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>If you still can't see the danger and destruction of Obamacare to a nation with a debt of $17 trillion and mounting by now, you're just a loser and eventually the whole economy will collapse. Unfortunately the majority of the country are now people like you who want all these free benefits from the govt. Guess we'll just have to wait for total collapse till you realize it. Our country was built on a free market and we became the most powerful nation and policeman of the world. Thats all going to change with Obamacare looming. Our free market is getting smaller and smaller and lesd and less doctors will join the profession. People want to be free and don't want to be told what to do by the govt. And its losers like you that the good citizens like myself have to suffer
Ya, I'm a loser and just don't understand.

Lot of bullshit you just posted.

It's pretty evident you don't know what Obamacare is all about and what's in it.

I have neither the time or the will to attempt to educate you.

Believe whatever you wish.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#12691 Sep 26, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point to the post where I claimed to be an expert on anything.
If you can't do it... stop whining about me and go back to your normal drivel about how all republicans are crazy... except you.
If that is not the case then quit standing on some Constitutional soap box expounding your expertize, like a born again self proclaimed preacher standing on a soapbox expounding on the Bible.

I'm quite willing to admit that I am giving Republicans hell for acting like idiots, opposing everything they can unless its lock step there way.

You infer I'm crazy but I do not infer that on you other than you make a false claim about yourself and purpose.

If you don't like me giving Republican hell find someone to discuss the Constitution with you. I'm planning on messing around down here in the political pig pen where one likely will get into some bullshit other than what you say you deal in.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#12692 Sep 26, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim not to be partisan but you quickly blame the President for signing the NDAA Act rather than vetoing it and sending it back over a selective part he disagree with. He has the authority not to use that part. Seems a reasonable thing to do rather than just tie the matter up in Congress to fight over. I hope he never uses that part and would ready agree as a layman that it is likely un-constitutional. But, neither you, I nor an elected politician has standing to take it to court. Likely the guy that may will be a prisoner represented by the ACLU.
I would hope you vote for the best man/woman available regardless of political party.
I voted mostly Republican for many years and have stated the reason why today I have little use for the current crop of Republicans. Being a conservative donít equate to always being a Republican.
I am glad that you think for yourself and I would like to think that I do also although you would likely disagree that I do.
But you spent too much time messing with me over politics not to come across as extremely partisan but trying to hide as being above it all, being only concerned about the Constitution. You just canít quit peeing on my leg and trying to convince me itís raining. Some things one can identify by an distinct odor and a color of partisan politics.
If you can't think beyond the left/right paradigm, and if you believe that everyone must fall neatly into one of two groups... fair enough.

But as I've said before, partisan bickering is what has led to a government that is more dysfunctional than ever.

And partisan blinders is why corruption is more widespread than ever.

Until we the people take off the blinders in mass numbers, things will only get worse.

But if it makes you feel better to think that I'm a mean, crazy ol right wing boogeyman... I can't stop you.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#12693 Sep 26, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't think beyond the left/right paradigm, and if you believe that everyone must fall neatly into one of two groups... fair enough.
But as I've said before, partisan bickering is what has led to a government that is more dysfunctional than ever.
And partisan blinders is why corruption is more widespread than ever.
Until we the people take off the blinders in mass numbers, things will only get worse.
But if it makes you feel better to think that I'm a mean, crazy ol right wing boogeyman... I can't stop you.
You like to say I can't think beyond left/right. Which is not the case as I have posted areas where I disagree with Obama and democrats.

Nor have I indicated that everyone has to fall into one of two groups fact is I do not.

I fully agree that the government is dysfunctional. I do not dispute that both parties have blame.

But without question I blame the economic thinking of Republicans to be more to blame than Democrats since Reagan. I have stated that I disagreed with NAFTA-GATT a Republican idea opposed by some Democrats but signed into law by President Clinton. Bush/Cheney hold a lot of responsibility due to reasons I have already posted. That does not mean that some Democrats didn't go along with them or that some Republicans didn't oppose.

Yet the fact remains that in my opinion Republicans hold a lot of the blame for getting us in the mess and hold a lot of blame for not helping get us out of the mess.

I do not think that you are either crazy or not intelligent. I believe just the opposite, yet you are far more a Republican support and right wing that you are a Democrat or left wing. You may try to hide in the middle just placing blame selectively but your true colors come through loud and clear.

You have passed up the opportunity to take on a number of extreme right wing positions to babble back and forth with me. That alone speaks volumes.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#12694 Sep 26, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You like to say I can't think beyond left/right. Which is not the case as I have posted areas where I disagree with Obama and democrats.
Nor have I indicated that everyone has to fall into one of two groups fact is I do not.
I fully agree that the government is dysfunctional. I do not dispute that both parties have blame.
But without question I blame the economic thinking of Republicans to be more to blame than Democrats since Reagan. I have stated that I disagreed with NAFTA-GATT a Republican idea opposed by some Democrats but signed into law by President Clinton. Bush/Cheney hold a lot of responsibility due to reasons I have already posted. That does not mean that some Democrats didn't go along with them or that some Republicans didn't oppose.
Yet the fact remains that in my opinion Republicans hold a lot of the blame for getting us in the mess and hold a lot of blame for not helping get us out of the mess.
I do not think that you are either crazy or not intelligent. I believe just the opposite, yet you are far more a Republican support and right wing that you are a Democrat or left wing. You may try to hide in the middle just placing blame selectively but your true colors come through loud and clear.
You have passed up the opportunity to take on a number of extreme right wing positions to babble back and forth with me. That alone speaks volumes.
I don't remember what extreme right wing positions I refused to debate with you about... but never mind that right now... you might be on to something.

I'm going to take a good look at myself in the mirror:

I'm pro-choice, which makes me a radical left wing heathen... but that is canceled out by being pro-2nd Amendment, which makes me a radical right wing domestic terrorist.(even)

I'm anti-war, which used to make me left wing, but for some reason that now aligns me with the extreme right wing crazies that have taken over the republican party.(used to be left, is now far right)

I'm anti-Patriot Act, which used to make me left wing, but for some reason that now aligns me with the extreme right wing crazies that have taken over the republican party.(used to be left, is now far right)

I'm Anti-NDAA, but Obama needed those new powers because I blame him too much.(right wing)

I'm against the NSA & overall government surveillance-state.(Used to be used to be left, is now far right)

I'm against the government infringing on our liberties and ignoring the Constitution.(used to be left, is now far right)

I'm against arming rebels including al-qaeda in Syria.(used to be left, is now far right)

Wow. I didn't realize how dangerous and extreme I've become. By not changing my positions when Obama got elected... I became a right wing extremist.

Is there some sort of re-education camp for this? I don't have time to go back to the indoctrination center, I mean public school, for another 13 years.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#12695 Sep 26, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember what extreme right wing positions I refused to debate with you about... but never mind that right now... you might be on to something.
I'm going to take a good look at myself in the mirror:
I'm pro-choice, which makes me a radical left wing heathen... but that is canceled out by being pro-2nd Amendment, which makes me a radical right wing domestic terrorist.(even)
I'm anti-war, which used to make me left wing, but for some reason that now aligns me with the extreme right wing crazies that have taken over the republican party.(used to be left, is now far right)
I'm anti-Patriot Act, which used to make me left wing, but for some reason that now aligns me with the extreme right wing crazies that have taken over the republican party.(used to be left, is now far right)
I'm Anti-NDAA, but Obama needed those new powers because I blame him too much.(right wing)
I'm against the NSA & overall government surveillance-state.(Used to be used to be left, is now far right)
I'm against the government infringing on our liberties and ignoring the Constitution.(used to be left, is now far right)
I'm against arming rebels including al-qaeda in Syria.(used to be left, is now far right)
Wow. I didn't realize how dangerous and extreme I've become. By not changing my positions when Obama got elected... I became a right wing extremist.
Is there some sort of re-education camp for this? I don't have time to go back to the indoctrination center, I mean public school, for another 13 years.
You just scared the hell out of me.
Pro-Choice
Anti-war
anti-Patriot Act
Anti-NDAA
Against the NSA & overall government surveillance
Against the government infringing on our liberties and ignoring the Constitution.
Against arming rebels including al-Qaeda in Syria

Send you to a re-education camp indoctrination center?
Likely we will get to meet there as I can't find anything I disagree with other than maybe where to put the majority of the blame.

I too have a hard time following a political party line.
I really enjoy going to local Republican Party meetings and disagreeing with some of the items they seem to hold as a litmus test.

So if I too wind up at the re-education/ indoctrination center at the same time, I will buy the coffee while we spend some time getting each other straighten out on the details.

You are more of a challenge to argue with than some of the other one liners.

Anyway I think we have beat the dead horse enough.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#12696 Sep 26, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
<quoted text>If you still can't see the danger and destruction of Obamacare to a nation with a debt of $17 trillion and mounting by now, you're just a loser and eventually the whole economy will collapse. Unfortunately the majority of the country are now people like you who want all these free benefits from the govt. Guess we'll just have to wait for total collapse till you realize it. Our country was built on a free market and we became the most powerful nation and policeman of the world. Thats all going to change with Obamacare looming. Our free market is getting smaller and smaller and lesd and less doctors will join the profession. People want to be free and don't want to be told what to do by the govt. And its losers like you that the good citizens like myself have to suffer
I don't see the "free benefits". I see some improved benefits in place already.

If anything it requires and promotes more individuals to use the "Free Market" to buy insurance rather than using the emergency room and passing those costs on to those who can pay or have insurance. The exchanges just create a good Free Market where Insurance Companies can compete for those who wish to get the best deal by combined their purchasing power. The insurance companies are going to get a lot more business rather than less.

The "Mandate" is a Republican idea that requires that people be accountable for their healthcare and if they can pay for it rather than dumping it on the ones who can pay. I agree with the Republican idea although once they got it into Obamacare they now oppose it.

Ultimately my rates will go down but I already have better quality insurance due to the requirements already in effect.

I think that once in place and people realize its a good deal and in the long run will reduce total healthcare costs in the USA.

But I am sure there is going to be some implementation problems or glitches putting Obamacare into place. Those who already oppose will point to everyone as "see I told you it was no good" rather than looking at the total picture.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#12697 Sep 26, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You just scared the hell out of me.
Pro-Choice
Anti-war
anti-Patriot Act
Anti-NDAA
Against the NSA & overall government surveillance
Against the government infringing on our liberties and ignoring the Constitution.
Against arming rebels including al-Qaeda in Syria
Send you to a re-education camp indoctrination center?
Likely we will get to meet there as I can't find anything I disagree with other than maybe where to put the majority of the blame.
I too have a hard time following a political party line.
I really enjoy going to local Republican Party meetings and disagreeing with some of the items they seem to hold as a litmus test.
So if I too wind up at the re-education/ indoctrination center at the same time, I will buy the coffee while we spend some time getting each other straighten out on the details.
You are more of a challenge to argue with than some of the other one liners.
Anyway I think we have beat the dead horse enough.
I'm glad we agree on these issues. I don't think that anyone deserves the majority of the blame. I assign 25% to republican politicians, 25% to democrat politicians, 25% to republican voters, and 25% to democrat voters.

And if we end up at the re-education camp... just say the opposite of everything that I say. They'll probably let you go!
Praise to Obama

Lindenhurst, NY

#12698 Sep 26, 2013
Barack tears the GOP a new one!
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#12699 Sep 26, 2013
Praise to Obama wrote:
Barack tears the GOP a new one!
I think it is a little early to make a victory claim.

In the past Democrats are less willing to go to the mat than Republican are. Right now the House Republicans are demanding a lot not to take the economy off the cliff. Not only to eliminate laws already passed but demanding new laws they want as a minority to be passed.

The blame game will begin if someone don't cave in. The economy will suffer and the degree it will suffer is up to debate including the possibility of creating a world mess.

When you play chicken with a nut the outcome likely will not be good.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#12700 Sep 26, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is a little early to make a victory claim.
In the past Democrats are less willing to go to the mat than Republican are. Right now the House Republicans are demanding a lot not to take the economy off the cliff. Not only to eliminate laws already passed but demanding new laws they want as a minority to be passed.
The blame game will begin if someone don't cave in. The economy will suffer and the degree it will suffer is up to debate including the possibility of creating a world mess.
When you play chicken with a nut the outcome likely will not be good.
The economy is going to go over the cliff regardless of what republicans or democrats do at this point.

Our unsustainable spending and debt, coupled with massive printing of our fiat currency has no other possible outcome than disaster.

This isn't a partisan issue... this is a history issue. Look into the Weimar Republic. Unsustainable debt, unreasonable spending, printing an unreasonable amount of FIAT currency ("quantitative easing" in 2013 terms)... it led to BIG TIME disaster.

If you haven't already started to prepare for economic collapse, you haven't been paying attention.

You are the earthy type, Opinion... chickens & rabbits are great sustainable food sources. Start planning & preparing now.

If you fail to plan... plan to fail.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#12701 Sep 26, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy is going to go over the cliff regardless of what republicans or democrats do at this point.
Our unsustainable spending and debt, coupled with massive printing of our fiat currency has no other possible outcome than disaster.
This isn't a partisan issue... this is a history issue. Look into the Weimar Republic. Unsustainable debt, unreasonable spending, printing an unreasonable amount of FIAT currency ("quantitative easing" in 2013 terms)... it led to BIG TIME disaster.
If you haven't already started to prepare for economic collapse, you haven't been paying attention.
You are the earthy type, Opinion... chickens & rabbits are great sustainable food sources. Start planning & preparing now.
If you fail to plan... plan to fail.
I guess that I pretty much already live where & like if things went to hell I could manage.

I have a small farm type place and used to feed out cattle. But today I lease it out for cattle grazing.

I guess I could get back into the farm business pretty easy as I have the barn, tractor and chicken coop. Gave the rabbit cages away to a kid for 4H. I used to raise some rabbits but found it hard to kill and then eat them plus they could out produce what we could eat. I have deer in my yard if needed.

I have quite a bit of food on hand. Winter time can kind of lock us in from making a daily trip to the grocery store.

Likely could survive quite a while although the quality of the eating might go down somewhat. Likely run out of coffee first.

Heat with a 150,000 BTU coal stoker (usually have a supply of stoker coal available and maintain enough gas to run a generator if needed during any power outage. If that don't work I have three old Warm Morning coal/wood stoves plus two old cook stoves made in the late 1800's I restored. Also have a two burner gas cook stove.

Needless to say I have a lot of junk and stuff setting around that if needed could be put to work.
DILLIGAF

New York, NY

#12703 Sep 26, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not the same nitwit that first believed and then posted the HOAX email in posting #12558?????
It was pretty evident that you don't know much about anything regarding Obamacare.
When you made the fool out of yourself you changed subjects to jumping canyons in a single leap over recent shootings.
Now you come sneaking back to defend Glen Beck, Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz, and Michelle Bachmann intelligence level.
Yea, right! You have me convinced there one who has proved to be genius by being so fooled by posting some clearly stupid chain email.
You brilliance is blinding.
You need to get laid sweetheart, you wouldn't be so frustrated, what you're too homely, even dogs can get laid once in a while, try it , you may like it.
DILLIGAF

New York, NY

#12704 Sep 26, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is not the case then quit standing on some Constitutional soap box expounding your expertize, like a born again self proclaimed preacher standing on a soapbox expounding on the Bible.
I'm quite willing to admit that I am giving Republicans hell for acting like idiots, opposing everything they can unless its lock step there way.
You infer I'm crazy but I do not infer that on you other than you make a false claim about yourself and purpose.
If you don't like me giving Republican hell find someone to discuss the Constitution with you.I'm planning on messing around down here in the political pig pen where one likely will get into some bullshit other than what you say you deal in.
I've never seen someone who claims to be so brilliant, just like the mutt in the WH, and his moronic adherents,you make,so many grammatical mistakes, you take the cake for typos, and misspellings on this thread, You need to use a teleprompter like Barry Soetaro, I've never claimed to be so smart as you, you are the one who keeps reminding everyone else in here how brilliant you are. Remove all the mirrors in your abode, you've reached the height of extreme egoism.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#12706 Sep 27, 2013
DILLIGAF wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get laid sweetheart, you wouldn't be so frustrated, what you're too homely, even dogs can get laid once in a while, try it , you may like it.
Why get mad and post silly childish stuff.

You made a fool out of yourself all by yourself.

Are you not the same nitwit that first believed and then posted the HOAX email in posting #12558?????

It was pretty evident that you don't know much about anything regarding Obamacare.

When you made the fool out of yourself you changed subjects to jumping canyons in a single leap over recent shootings.

Now you come sneaking back to defend Glen Beck, Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz, and Michelle Bachmann intelligence level.

Yea, right! You have me convinced there one who has proved to be genius by being so fooled by posting some clearly stupid chain email.

You brilliance is blinding.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#12707 Sep 27, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering what your position is if Congress fails to act on the debt.

Does the President have the authority under the 14th Amendment of the Constitution to act and borrow to pay the debts already incurred?

Could the President of the USA ask for an emergency ruling on whether he has that authority to the Supreme Court if Congress fails to pass a debt increase bill?

Some say he does have that authority and others say that he doesn't and if he did they would start impeachment hearings. Submitting the question to the Supreme Court would seem to settle the question either way.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#12708 Sep 27, 2013
DILLIGAF wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never seen someone who claims to be so brilliant, just like the mutt in the WH, and his moronic adherents,you make,so many grammatical mistakes, you take the cake for typos, and misspellings on this thread, You need to use a teleprompter like Barry Soetaro, I've never claimed to be so smart as you, you are the one who keeps reminding everyone else in here how brilliant you are. Remove all the mirrors in your abode, you've reached the height of extreme egoism.
To please you I will try to take more time and review my postings. Sometimes I get in a hurry to get a reply posted and don't double check. I have other things to do like going fishing before winter ice freezes the lake. But then when the ice is thick enough its ice fishing time.

But then they also say that people with very high IQ's generally have spelling problems. Spelling rules do not make sense like mathematics plus people with high IQ's think faster than their fingers can type. Sometimes a your comes out as a you.

But just remember that people with low IQ's fall for and believe stupid made up stuff like the email you posted that was simple to ID as a hoax by any person with a IQ above a moron.
nac

Patchogue, NY

#12709 Sep 27, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering what your position is if Congress fails to act on the debt.
Does the President have the authority under the 14th Amendment of the Constitution to act and borrow to pay the debts already incurred?
Could the President of the USA ask for an emergency ruling on whether he has that authority to the Supreme Court if Congress fails to pass a debt increase bill?
Some say he does have that authority and others say that he doesn't and if he did they would start impeachment hearings. Submitting the question to the Supreme Court would seem to settle the question either way.
Based on the Constitution, the debt issues are up to Congress to settle. But based on the last few presidencies, the President can do whatever he wants - Constitution be damned.

But they will raise the debt ceiling. If you count on anything, count on that. Sure, it will be used as a political football to be used to get what congressmen want on other issues... but they will raise the debt ceiling.

It's all for show now anyway. What would happen if they don't raise it? We can't look back to history - since they always have. But in theory, the Treasury would be unable to borrow money.

But who would stop them? If it came to that scenario... and someone tried to stop the Treasury from borrowing above the debt ceiling, they'd be playing golf with JFK within a few days.
Opinion

Pine Ridge, SD

#12710 Sep 27, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on the Constitution, the debt issues are up to Congress to settle. But based on the last few presidencies, the President can do whatever he wants - Constitution be damned.
But they will raise the debt ceiling. If you count on anything, count on that. Sure, it will be used as a political football to be used to get what congressmen want on other issues... but they will raise the debt ceiling.
It's all for show now anyway. What would happen if they don't raise it? We can't look back to history - since they always have. But in theory, the Treasury would be unable to borrow money.
But who would stop them? If it came to that scenario... and someone tried to stop the Treasury from borrowing above the debt ceiling, they'd be playing golf with JFK within a few days.
I see the Senate just kicked the football back to the House.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min OzRitz 49,326
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 10 min Norm Chaney 663
American Sniper Takes a Shot at Civilized Enter... 56 min snipe me hard 4
Will Rush be next to go down? (Jul '11) 57 min truth be told 170
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 1 hr Nbam 1,549
Would you participate in a class action law sui... (Apr '13) Dec 5 Deneb 58
Any small store owners looking for discounted h... Oct '14 savyseller8 1

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE