OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER
nac

Merrick, NY

#12677 Sep 26, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Two different things spoken about in the same email. Don't over estimate your brilliance.
By the way what is your education level and in what field. I'm suspecting mine is better than yours in what you are claiming to be an expert in.
I'm sure that your education level and field is "better than" mine. Good for you!

But this actually is my field. I have a Bachelor's degree in Economics. I've been self-employed in the financial markets since 2001.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12678 Sep 26, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
It may seem to you that I am a "right-winger" because I don't agree with what the left is currently doing. But you need a little perspective.
Right now, we have the left (Obama/Kerry/et al) trying to get us into war in Syria. A few years ago, that type of war mongering would have been considered by the masses to be RIGHT-WING! But this time it is the left doing it... so I'm the "right-winger" opposing it. No, I'm the same guy that didn't want to send our kids to fight someone else's war a decade ago either. I guess it would be "liberal" of me to want to send the kids off to die THIS TIME?
From 2001 - 2009, Bush's Patriot Act was considered by the left (and Constitutionalists) as a gross attack on our civil liberties. I was a "liberal loon" back then for opposing it. In 2009, when President Obama EXPANDED the P.A.(after Senator Obama criticized it) I became a "right-wing nut/racist" for continuing to oppose this unconstitutional legislation. On this issue alone, I went from "left" to "right" wing ON Inauguration Day 2009 according to you sound asleep parrots.
Do you know anything about the NDAA?(that's a rhetorical question - obviously you don't) I'd encourage you to google it. Especially section 1021. It makes Bush's Patriot Act look like amateur hour. And this is legislation from the left, the party that is supposed to look after our civil liberties!
I have been a champion of the Constitution for my entire life. When republicans are in power, I'm considered lefty. When democrats are in power, I'm considered righty.
I just long for the day when partisan parrots like yourself don't change your opinion on the matters I just discussed based on which party is currently wiping their azz with the Constitution.
You zombies need to wake up before it's too late.
At no time have I said that I agree with everything President Obama has done or has proposed. In some cases I oppose him on a issue. Yet today it is either total opposition or be accused of being a lefty.

Yet, I still see far more craziness in Tea Party Republicans than I do in Democrats today. I see the Republicans being controlled by Fixed News, the radio talking heads and the extreme rightwing.

I was and am still against doing a military strike in Syria. Believe I have said so recently on this forum. Although the facts presented by the President are not cook up lies.

I thought the Patriot Act was an overreaction but can't remember ever posting about it.

Believe I have also stated an opinion about what was in the NDAA - indefinite military detention without charge or trial into law – and indicated I did not agree. Which I am assuming is the part that you are concerned about.

So two of the three I believe that I have already stated my position.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12679 Sep 26, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that your education level and field is "better than" mine. Good for you!
But this actually is my field. I have a Bachelor's degree in Economics. I've been self-employed in the financial markets since 2001.
No its not any better than yours. Mine came from a State College so yours may be better. I also might have not paid attention as well as you. Maybe that is my problem?

I have a double major one in Economics and the other in Business. It is also called a Composite Major.

I have done a number of things at different times. Was involved in national wage and rule talks and could see the healthcare problems coming for a long time. I have very little use for Insurance Companies other than to own stock in them. They always have been a steady revenue producer raking their profit for just holding the money and shuffling paper.

Even milked a few cows, and broke a few horses (long ago). No I did not get bucked off on my head that causes me to talk like a parrot.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12680 Sep 26, 2013
DILLIGAF wrote:
<quoted text>
Al those you denigrate here in your post like Glen Beck, Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz, Michelle Bachmann, I gurantee they are at least 80 points higher in intelligence then you, and possibly your beloved teleprompter reader, Obama
Are you not the same nitwit that first believed and then posted the HOAX email in posting #12558?????

It was pretty evident that you don't know much about anything regarding Obamacare.

When you made the fool out of yourself you changed subjects to jumping canyons in a single leap over recent shootings.

Now you come sneaking back to defend Glen Beck, Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz, and Michelle Bachmann intelligence level.

Yea, right! You have me convinced there one who has proved to be genius by being so fooled by posting some clearly stupid chain email.

You brilliance is blinding.
nac

Merrick, NY

#12681 Sep 26, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
At no time have I said that I agree with everything President Obama has done or has proposed. In some cases I oppose him on a issue. Yet today it is either total opposition or be accused of being a lefty.
Yet, I still see far more craziness in Tea Party Republicans than I do in Democrats today. I see the Republicans being controlled by Fixed News, the radio talking heads and the extreme rightwing.
I was and am still against doing a military strike in Syria. Believe I have said so recently on this forum. Although the facts presented by the President are not cook up lies.
I thought the Patriot Act was an overreaction but can't remember ever posting about it.
Believe I have also stated an opinion about what was in the NDAA - indefinite military detention without charge or trial into law – and indicated I did not agree. Which I am assuming is the part that you are concerned about.
So two of the three I believe that I have already stated my position.
I didn't ask for your positions... I don't care what they are.

The reason for that is you have made yourself clear that you make your decision based primarily on party.

You say over and over (and over and over) that you "see far more craziness in Republicans than [you] do in Democrats."

You're completely caught up in the (false) left/right paradigm. You indicate that you're willing to completely look the other way when it comes to what the democrats are doing, simply because you believe that the other side is "crazy." I disagree with this way of thinking. You'll have a hard time forming an unbiased opinion of any issue with that (make believe) elephant in the room.

You also chose to take the lazy way out by calling me a "right winger" for my criticisms of Obama/democrat policy. What you need to understand is that Obama & the democrats are the group in power NOW. You said yourself yesterday that Obama has been able to accomplish dozens of wonderful things despite the fact that all of the republicans in this country haven't been indefinitely detained yet. You also look the other way at all of the bad things he's been able to accomplish, like the NDAA. If there was even a slightly competent opposition party, he'd NEVER be able to do that.

Point is, Bush is gone. Rumsfeld is gone. My interest in criticizing them ended on Obama's inauguration day. The republicans that are left have almost no power on the national stage.

We've been at this for a while, so I know that it is hard for you to wrap your mind around... but not all of us are interested in blindly following a party. Some of us, albeit not nearly enough of us, just want our government to adhere to the Constitution.

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#12682 Sep 26, 2013
There are still morons out there supporting Obamacare?? Not only is this a job killer but overall healthcare quality is sure to go down. Medical innovation will stop. There will be doctor shortages. The govt will get bigger and some of you want the govt to be in charge of your own health? What a bunch of unknowledgable morons some of you are. A lot of good universal healthcare is going to be when theres shortages of doctors and medical facilities. The opinion poster from Custer, SD is a total loser moron. Lets pile on more overall debt to a country close to $17 trillion in debt already. This shrinks our overall economy and theres no getting around that with this law
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12683 Sep 26, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
-------
You're completely caught up in the (false) left/right paradigm. You indicate that you're willing to completely look the other way when it comes to what the democrats are doing, simply because you believe that the other side is "crazy." I disagree with this way of thinking.====
You also look the other way at all of the bad things he's been able to accomplish, like the NDAA. If there was even a slightly competent opposition party, he'd NEVER be able to do that.
----------
We've been at this for a while, so I know that it is hard for you to wrap your mind around... but not all of us are interested in blindly following a party. Some of us, albeit not nearly enough of us, just want our government to adhere to the Constitution.
Gee my mistake I thought you wanted my opinion as you keep posting to me asking my opinions and positions on this and that. I guess you were more interested in expressing yours, which I have asked for in detail over a couple of issues.

As to the NDAA, Presidents once in power like all the power they can get because with people like you they get blamed for everything. If I remember correctly it was mostly Republicans who supported and passed in congress. The opposition was mostly Democrats with a few Republicans. The bill was passed by majority Republican support and yes, Obama signed it. I believe he has even stated his opposition to parts of that bill. Whether or not he enforces that part of the NDAA Act you can keep an eye on.

Yes, we have been at it for a while and you have done little to change my mind on any issue that has been discussed. I have agreed with you on some and disagreed with you on others.

I openly admit that I do not support the craziness of Republicans today and believe they have taken an extreme right turn down the rabbit hole.

You on the other hand seem to want to deny what you actually are and try to maintain that because of some high intellect you are somewhere in between and above the lowly bickering.

I still hear the jobs, jobs, jobs battle cry during the mid-terms yet nothing. But yes they have repealed Obamacare 40 plus times.

Maybe I just focus on the small details down here with the chickens sifting through the bull shit and am not of your intellect to see the big picture you see soaring high above the lowly dealings of party politics. Safe place to be I admit if one don't want to get dirty feet.

Likely you already are well informed on the Constitution Party.
http://www.constitutionparty.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_Par... (United_States)
http://www.americanconstitutionparty.com/
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12684 Sep 26, 2013
Unbiased Chargers Fan wrote:
There are still morons out there supporting Obamacare?? Not only is this a job killer but overall healthcare quality is sure to go down. Medical innovation will stop. There will be doctor shortages. The govt will get bigger and some of you want the govt to be in charge of your own health? What a bunch of unknowledgable morons some of you are. A lot of good universal healthcare is going to be when theres shortages of doctors and medical facilities. The opinion poster from Custer, SD is a total loser moron. Lets pile on more overall debt to a country close to $17 trillion in debt already. This shrinks our overall economy and theres no getting around that with this law
You do not know squat about what you are talking about. Same old worn out stuff:
job killer- death panels- kill grandma -doctor shortages - big government (yet abortion hurtle laws are fine)- government in charge of your health.

Amazing how you know all this when very little of Obamacare has yet went into effect.

Oh, I might agree that in the short term there might be a shortage of doctors because more people are going to have healthcare and might seek medical advice.

“Same F*ck”

Since: Oct 07

Different You's

#12685 Sep 26, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know squat about what you are talking about. Same old worn out stuff:
job killer- death panels- kill grandma -doctor shortages - big government (yet abortion hurtle laws are fine)- government in charge of your health.
Amazing how you know all this when very little of Obamacare has yet went into effect.
Oh, I might agree that in the short term there might be a shortage of doctors because more people are going to have healthcare and might seek medical advice.
If you still can't see the danger and destruction of Obamacare to a nation with a debt of $17 trillion and mounting by now, you're just a loser and eventually the whole economy will collapse. Unfortunately the majority of the country are now people like you who want all these free benefits from the govt. Guess we'll just have to wait for total collapse till you realize it. Our country was built on a free market and we became the most powerful nation and policeman of the world. Thats all going to change with Obamacare looming. Our free market is getting smaller and smaller and lesd and less doctors will join the profession. People want to be free and don't want to be told what to do by the govt. And its losers like you that the good citizens like myself have to suffer
nac

Merrick, NY

#12686 Sep 26, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
As to the NDAA, Presidents once in power like all the power they can get because with people like you they get blamed for everything....
As an American citizen, I believe that I have the right to blame the guy that signed legislation taking away my Constitutional right to due process.

Senator/candidate Obama would have called it tyranny. And he would have been right. But now he needs that power because I might blame him for seizing that power? Seems like circular logic.
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
... If I remember correctly it was mostly Republicans who supported and passed in congress. The opposition was mostly Democrats with a few Republicans. The bill was passed by majority Republican support and yes, Obama signed it....
By opposing the crazy republicans on this issue, I don't lose my right wing boogey man status, do I?
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You on the other hand seem to want to deny what you actually are and try to maintain that because of some high intellect you are somewhere in between and above the lowly bickering.
I never said that I have a "high intellect." I'm just not a partisan parrot. I sometimes agree with the democrats & sometimes disagree with them, I sometimes agree with the republicans & sometimes disagree with them. In your mind, that makes me a right winger. If it makes you feel better, just assume that I'm the secret love child of Karl Rove & Sarah Palin... and very CrRRRaaayyyYYY-ZEEEEE!!!!
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I just focus on the small details down here with the chickens sifting through the bull shit and am not of your intellect to see the big picture you see soaring high above the lowly dealings of party politics. Safe place to be I admit if one don't want to get dirty feet...
If you feel that it is noble to be a partisan parrot, you have every right to be one. The political elite are happy to do your thinking for you. I'd just like to see more people in this country think for themselves, that's all.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12687 Sep 26, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
---------- Some of us, albeit not nearly enough of us, just want our government to adhere to the Constitution.
I listened to Ted Cruz & Mike Lee babble away for hours about their interpretation of the Constitution and how they and not the Supreme Court should be the one's who have the final say. Of course they did not agree with any Supreme Court ruling that does not fit their political position.
Now you come and maintain that you are the Constitution expert and interpret it to suit your political positions. No need to defend your positions any other way because you are always right in your interpretation of what should be under the Constitution.
I find that a case where your ego and self is vastly inflated in actual knowledge, likely education wise or even being correct.
I tend to think there are some pretty good Constitutional experts out there that stood before the Supreme Court and gave an interpretation. Although the Supreme Court experts like you tends to interpretation the Constitution in the manner that best suits their political positions.
I will fully admit that elected representative make mistakes and so do Supreme Courts but that is the system we have.
Self anointed Constitution experts like Cruz, Lee and you are spending a lot of time blowing hot air into your own balloon of self importance.
nac

Merrick, NY

#12688 Sep 26, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I listened to Ted Cruz & Mike Lee babble away for hours about their interpretation of the Constitution and how they and not the Supreme Court should be the one's who have the final say. Of course they did not agree with any Supreme Court ruling that does not fit their political position.
Now you come and maintain that you are the Constitution expert and interpret it to suit your political positions. No need to defend your positions any other way because you are always right in your interpretation of what should be under the Constitution.
I find that a case where your ego and self is vastly inflated in actual knowledge, likely education wise or even being correct.
I tend to think there are some pretty good Constitutional experts out there that stood before the Supreme Court and gave an interpretation. Although the Supreme Court experts like you tends to interpretation the Constitution in the manner that best suits their political positions.
I will fully admit that elected representative make mistakes and so do Supreme Courts but that is the system we have.
Self anointed Constitution experts like Cruz, Lee and you are spending a lot of time blowing hot air into your own balloon of self importance.
Please point to the post where I claimed to be an expert on anything.

If you can't do it... stop whining about me and go back to your normal drivel about how all republicans are crazy... except you.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12689 Sep 26, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
As an American citizen, I believe that I have the right to blame the guy that signed legislation taking away my Constitutional right to due process.
I'd just like to see more people in this country think for themselves, that's all.
You claim not to be partisan but you quickly blame the President for signing the NDAA Act rather than vetoing it and sending it back over a selective part he disagree with. He has the authority not to use that part. Seems a reasonable thing to do rather than just tie the matter up in Congress to fight over. I hope he never uses that part and would ready agree as a layman that it is likely un-constitutional. But, neither you, I nor an elected politician has standing to take it to court. Likely the guy that may will be a prisoner represented by the ACLU.

I would hope you vote for the best man/woman available regardless of political party.

I voted mostly Republican for many years and have stated the reason why today I have little use for the current crop of Republicans. Being a conservative don’t equate to always being a Republican.

I am glad that you think for yourself and I would like to think that I do also although you would likely disagree that I do.

But you spent too much time messing with me over politics not to come across as extremely partisan but trying to hide as being above it all, being only concerned about the Constitution. You just can’t quit peeing on my leg and trying to convince me it’s raining. Some things one can identify by an distinct odor and a color of partisan politics.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12690 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>If you still can't see the danger and destruction of Obamacare to a nation with a debt of $17 trillion and mounting by now, you're just a loser and eventually the whole economy will collapse. Unfortunately the majority of the country are now people like you who want all these free benefits from the govt. Guess we'll just have to wait for total collapse till you realize it. Our country was built on a free market and we became the most powerful nation and policeman of the world. Thats all going to change with Obamacare looming. Our free market is getting smaller and smaller and lesd and less doctors will join the profession. People want to be free and don't want to be told what to do by the govt. And its losers like you that the good citizens like myself have to suffer
Ya, I'm a loser and just don't understand.

Lot of bullshit you just posted.

It's pretty evident you don't know what Obamacare is all about and what's in it.

I have neither the time or the will to attempt to educate you.

Believe whatever you wish.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12691 Sep 26, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point to the post where I claimed to be an expert on anything.
If you can't do it... stop whining about me and go back to your normal drivel about how all republicans are crazy... except you.
If that is not the case then quit standing on some Constitutional soap box expounding your expertize, like a born again self proclaimed preacher standing on a soapbox expounding on the Bible.

I'm quite willing to admit that I am giving Republicans hell for acting like idiots, opposing everything they can unless its lock step there way.

You infer I'm crazy but I do not infer that on you other than you make a false claim about yourself and purpose.

If you don't like me giving Republican hell find someone to discuss the Constitution with you. I'm planning on messing around down here in the political pig pen where one likely will get into some bullshit other than what you say you deal in.
nac

Merrick, NY

#12692 Sep 26, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim not to be partisan but you quickly blame the President for signing the NDAA Act rather than vetoing it and sending it back over a selective part he disagree with. He has the authority not to use that part. Seems a reasonable thing to do rather than just tie the matter up in Congress to fight over. I hope he never uses that part and would ready agree as a layman that it is likely un-constitutional. But, neither you, I nor an elected politician has standing to take it to court. Likely the guy that may will be a prisoner represented by the ACLU.
I would hope you vote for the best man/woman available regardless of political party.
I voted mostly Republican for many years and have stated the reason why today I have little use for the current crop of Republicans. Being a conservative don’t equate to always being a Republican.
I am glad that you think for yourself and I would like to think that I do also although you would likely disagree that I do.
But you spent too much time messing with me over politics not to come across as extremely partisan but trying to hide as being above it all, being only concerned about the Constitution. You just can’t quit peeing on my leg and trying to convince me it’s raining. Some things one can identify by an distinct odor and a color of partisan politics.
If you can't think beyond the left/right paradigm, and if you believe that everyone must fall neatly into one of two groups... fair enough.

But as I've said before, partisan bickering is what has led to a government that is more dysfunctional than ever.

And partisan blinders is why corruption is more widespread than ever.

Until we the people take off the blinders in mass numbers, things will only get worse.

But if it makes you feel better to think that I'm a mean, crazy ol right wing boogeyman... I can't stop you.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12693 Sep 26, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't think beyond the left/right paradigm, and if you believe that everyone must fall neatly into one of two groups... fair enough.
But as I've said before, partisan bickering is what has led to a government that is more dysfunctional than ever.
And partisan blinders is why corruption is more widespread than ever.
Until we the people take off the blinders in mass numbers, things will only get worse.
But if it makes you feel better to think that I'm a mean, crazy ol right wing boogeyman... I can't stop you.
You like to say I can't think beyond left/right. Which is not the case as I have posted areas where I disagree with Obama and democrats.

Nor have I indicated that everyone has to fall into one of two groups fact is I do not.

I fully agree that the government is dysfunctional. I do not dispute that both parties have blame.

But without question I blame the economic thinking of Republicans to be more to blame than Democrats since Reagan. I have stated that I disagreed with NAFTA-GATT a Republican idea opposed by some Democrats but signed into law by President Clinton. Bush/Cheney hold a lot of responsibility due to reasons I have already posted. That does not mean that some Democrats didn't go along with them or that some Republicans didn't oppose.

Yet the fact remains that in my opinion Republicans hold a lot of the blame for getting us in the mess and hold a lot of blame for not helping get us out of the mess.

I do not think that you are either crazy or not intelligent. I believe just the opposite, yet you are far more a Republican support and right wing that you are a Democrat or left wing. You may try to hide in the middle just placing blame selectively but your true colors come through loud and clear.

You have passed up the opportunity to take on a number of extreme right wing positions to babble back and forth with me. That alone speaks volumes.
nac

Merrick, NY

#12694 Sep 26, 2013
Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You like to say I can't think beyond left/right. Which is not the case as I have posted areas where I disagree with Obama and democrats.
Nor have I indicated that everyone has to fall into one of two groups fact is I do not.
I fully agree that the government is dysfunctional. I do not dispute that both parties have blame.
But without question I blame the economic thinking of Republicans to be more to blame than Democrats since Reagan. I have stated that I disagreed with NAFTA-GATT a Republican idea opposed by some Democrats but signed into law by President Clinton. Bush/Cheney hold a lot of responsibility due to reasons I have already posted. That does not mean that some Democrats didn't go along with them or that some Republicans didn't oppose.
Yet the fact remains that in my opinion Republicans hold a lot of the blame for getting us in the mess and hold a lot of blame for not helping get us out of the mess.
I do not think that you are either crazy or not intelligent. I believe just the opposite, yet you are far more a Republican support and right wing that you are a Democrat or left wing. You may try to hide in the middle just placing blame selectively but your true colors come through loud and clear.
You have passed up the opportunity to take on a number of extreme right wing positions to babble back and forth with me. That alone speaks volumes.
I don't remember what extreme right wing positions I refused to debate with you about... but never mind that right now... you might be on to something.

I'm going to take a good look at myself in the mirror:

I'm pro-choice, which makes me a radical left wing heathen... but that is canceled out by being pro-2nd Amendment, which makes me a radical right wing domestic terrorist.(even)

I'm anti-war, which used to make me left wing, but for some reason that now aligns me with the extreme right wing crazies that have taken over the republican party.(used to be left, is now far right)

I'm anti-Patriot Act, which used to make me left wing, but for some reason that now aligns me with the extreme right wing crazies that have taken over the republican party.(used to be left, is now far right)

I'm Anti-NDAA, but Obama needed those new powers because I blame him too much.(right wing)

I'm against the NSA & overall government surveillance-state.(Used to be used to be left, is now far right)

I'm against the government infringing on our liberties and ignoring the Constitution.(used to be left, is now far right)

I'm against arming rebels including al-qaeda in Syria.(used to be left, is now far right)

Wow. I didn't realize how dangerous and extreme I've become. By not changing my positions when Obama got elected... I became a right wing extremist.

Is there some sort of re-education camp for this? I don't have time to go back to the indoctrination center, I mean public school, for another 13 years.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12695 Sep 26, 2013
nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember what extreme right wing positions I refused to debate with you about... but never mind that right now... you might be on to something.
I'm going to take a good look at myself in the mirror:
I'm pro-choice, which makes me a radical left wing heathen... but that is canceled out by being pro-2nd Amendment, which makes me a radical right wing domestic terrorist.(even)
I'm anti-war, which used to make me left wing, but for some reason that now aligns me with the extreme right wing crazies that have taken over the republican party.(used to be left, is now far right)
I'm anti-Patriot Act, which used to make me left wing, but for some reason that now aligns me with the extreme right wing crazies that have taken over the republican party.(used to be left, is now far right)
I'm Anti-NDAA, but Obama needed those new powers because I blame him too much.(right wing)
I'm against the NSA & overall government surveillance-state.(Used to be used to be left, is now far right)
I'm against the government infringing on our liberties and ignoring the Constitution.(used to be left, is now far right)
I'm against arming rebels including al-qaeda in Syria.(used to be left, is now far right)
Wow. I didn't realize how dangerous and extreme I've become. By not changing my positions when Obama got elected... I became a right wing extremist.
Is there some sort of re-education camp for this? I don't have time to go back to the indoctrination center, I mean public school, for another 13 years.
You just scared the hell out of me.
Pro-Choice
Anti-war
anti-Patriot Act
Anti-NDAA
Against the NSA & overall government surveillance
Against the government infringing on our liberties and ignoring the Constitution.
Against arming rebels including al-Qaeda in Syria

Send you to a re-education camp indoctrination center?
Likely we will get to meet there as I can't find anything I disagree with other than maybe where to put the majority of the blame.

I too have a hard time following a political party line.
I really enjoy going to local Republican Party meetings and disagreeing with some of the items they seem to hold as a litmus test.

So if I too wind up at the re-education/ indoctrination center at the same time, I will buy the coffee while we spend some time getting each other straighten out on the details.

You are more of a challenge to argue with than some of the other one liners.

Anyway I think we have beat the dead horse enough.
Opinion

Custer, SD

#12696 Sep 26, 2013
<quoted text>If you still can't see the danger and destruction of Obamacare to a nation with a debt of $17 trillion and mounting by now, you're just a loser and eventually the whole economy will collapse. Unfortunately the majority of the country are now people like you who want all these free benefits from the govt. Guess we'll just have to wait for total collapse till you realize it. Our country was built on a free market and we became the most powerful nation and policeman of the world. Thats all going to change with Obamacare looming. Our free market is getting smaller and smaller and lesd and less doctors will join the profession. People want to be free and don't want to be told what to do by the govt. And its losers like you that the good citizens like myself have to suffer
I don't see the "free benefits". I see some improved benefits in place already.

If anything it requires and promotes more individuals to use the "Free Market" to buy insurance rather than using the emergency room and passing those costs on to those who can pay or have insurance. The exchanges just create a good Free Market where Insurance Companies can compete for those who wish to get the best deal by combined their purchasing power. The insurance companies are going to get a lot more business rather than less.

The "Mandate" is a Republican idea that requires that people be accountable for their healthcare and if they can pay for it rather than dumping it on the ones who can pay. I agree with the Republican idea although once they got it into Obamacare they now oppose it.

Ultimately my rates will go down but I already have better quality insurance due to the requirements already in effect.

I think that once in place and people realize its a good deal and in the long run will reduce total healthcare costs in the USA.

But I am sure there is going to be some implementation problems or glitches putting Obamacare into place. Those who already oppose will point to everyone as "see I told you it was no good" rather than looking at the total picture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min cpeter1313 311,204
Time to go? (Jun '15) 33 min State of Florida 11,143
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min litesong 59,506
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr GEORGIA 14,237
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr jimi-yank 328,525
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr met fan 39,424
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Princess Hey 15,076
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages