New York Passes Major Gun Control Law...

New York Passes Major Gun Control Law -- first since Newtown Massacre

Posted in the Jackson-Heights Forum

Since: Jan 13

Spokane, WA

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Wow! Good job New York. I know the gun nuts are wetting their pants, but they will get over it...or move out of state.

The NRA is dying, and becoming yesterday's news.

It's about time!
Black Zilla

United States

#2 Jan 18, 2013
Will these new gun laws be applied to white males or are they just another excuse to target black males?
deyquan

Mount Holly, NJ

#4 Feb 12, 2013
Since black males commit 80% of the gun crimes in NYC. You figure it out.
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#5 Feb 15, 2013
It only applies to legal gun owners, who obey the law.

Criminals who already break laws could care less.

It was also passed in such a hurry in order to further Cuomo's White House ambitions that it made current police officers in NY who carry 15 round magazines for their weapons criminals as well, since it had no exceptions for law enforcement officers. It also made criminals out of retired cops and legal permit holders, since most manufacturers of firearms don't make magazines for only 7 rounds.

Way to go, Little Mario!
Me again

Arlington Heights, IL

#6 Feb 17, 2013
MR CITIZEN 01 wrote:
Wow! Good job New York. I know the gun nuts are wetting their pants, but they will get over it...or move out of state.
It's about time!
Dream on. It's only New York, not the entire country. Obozo's gun ban probably is already loosing momentum and won't pass. Harry Reid even said so.
Lock and Load

Arlington Heights, IL

#7 Feb 18, 2013
MR CITIZEN 01 wrote:
It's about time!
The NRA registered 500,000 new members since Sandy Hook and guns and ammo are in short supply. Thank you Obama. Doesn't sound as if the NRA is dying to me. It does seem you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#8 Feb 18, 2013
Lock and Load wrote:
<quoted text> The NRA registered 500,000 new members since Sandy Hook and guns and ammo are in short supply. Thank you Obama. Doesn't sound as if the NRA is dying to me. It does seem you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.
Ironically, the one part of the economy that is thriving thanks to Obama and the left is the sale of firearms and ammunition.
shameless-li

Fairfield, CT

#9 Feb 19, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>Ironically, the one part of the economy that is thriving thanks to Obama and the left is the sale of firearms and ammunition.
maybe it's time to get into the bullet proof vest business...
Havana Cuban Cigars

Arlington Heights, IL

#10 Feb 19, 2013
shameless-li wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe it's time to get into the bullet proof vest business...
You don't need one in Obama's Chicago where are no guns due their tough gun control laws that work like a charm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 10 min Paul Yanks 328,648
Time to go? (Jun '15) 11 min State of Florida 11,179
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 54 min Alfred the early ... 59,537
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr Paul Yanks 39,522
cancel live with kelly ..it sucks (Dec '11) 1 hr Pffft 105
Michelle Obama display's her rebuilt Cabossier 2 hr Amp 1
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 5 hr GEORGIA 14,259
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages