Comments
8,761 - 8,780 of 10,343 Comments Last updated 19 hrs ago
LIfan

West Babylon, NY

#9433 Nov 20, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
If Long Island were to go into this tournament, what schools would be down in the lower letter classifications?
How small could a school be and still be up in the highest classification?
great source of info is section4football.com and look at enrollments at nysphsaa.org - generally nassau conf 1 is AA 2 and 3 are A and most of rest are b - in suffolk 1 and 2 are AA 3 is A and most of rest are b - babylon, east rock usually C, port jeff, mercy D - these are just generalizations so some are exceptions to this.
Mr Lawrence

New York, NY

#9434 Nov 20, 2013
Lawrence will win
Da Fan

New York, NY

#9435 Nov 20, 2013
LIfan wrote:
<quoted text>oh man please dont read into it - not much thought - saw them only on tv - just thought sachem seemed deeper but may be wrong - floyd has the coaching edge in my opinion whivh may mean more - sachem does seem overly predictable just hoping whoever wins can beat nassau rep - good luck!
No biggie man. Like I said I respect your opinion. You've been posting here for a long time now so I was just curious what you thought. I do think it will be a much closer game than IG was a month ago.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#9436 Nov 20, 2013
Spanky wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe back then if those black kids would of whipped your ass, you would have some respect today!! Well I hope you know its not to late!!
the truth hurts say hi to granmama and I used to whip those older black bullies.once they understood the irish creed everything was cool.now these days the kids give in--horrible
Da Fan

New York, NY

#9437 Nov 20, 2013
Division 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a couple tidbits for you!
What exactly has Sachem North won with either Crossan? Please be specific
Don't you think Pierre and Brust are the most Important players on their teams right now going into this weekend?
Do you think Fasion moved to Floyd because they needed him despite their unprecedented recent winning history? Or do you think he had a problem with his Longwood Coach(well known)? Or was he upset that Floyd beat a hyped up Longwood team in 2011. Or did he prefer how he looked in Green and White over Gold, Green and White?
In the end of regular season game between Longwood and Floyd how many holes that a school bus could fit in did #20 of Floyd miss so he could bounce outside? Circle 1 9. 17. too many to count.
In 1978 when Longwood canceled there Football season 16 players transferred to William Floyd, some moved right across the street, True. Do you feel they were cheaters or just kids that wanted to play Football?
You called 4 players who start both ways for Floyd average! All of them will be starting at least their 5th Championship game, one his 7th. Interesting to note #20 doesn't start both ways. What do you consider a good player?
Hint!Old saying!! Show me someone who thinks its easy to play every down and I'll show you someone who's never done it!
Defense wins championships. Humor me with this one! How many total yards offense did Commack have in the 2nd Half this past weekend?
I don't know were Faison lives but I do know his father lives in the Floyd district. As for the Crossans I know some one big in the SWR school district who knows the Crossans well. He says he knows for a fact that the Crossans purchased a house in Lake Grove which is part of the Sachem North school district. Also Faison is without question the most talented athlete on Floyd. He is a big part of the team but at times he hurts Floyd more than he helps them. Like you said there have been just too many times he has gain no yards and even lost yards were he could have easily gained 3 or 4 yards. The 79 yard TD run that he had against Commack was an example of how talented he is. He hit the hole, cut up field and made people miss I'm the open field in the second level of the defense. He has the ability to do that multiple times a game. He's having a great year. He has the ability to have an off the charts year.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#9439 Nov 20, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
If Long Island were to go into this tournament, what schools would be down in the lower letter classifications?
How small could a school be and still be up in the highest classification?
They NYSPHSAA Football Classification breakdown is as follows:

Class AA - 1000 - up

Class A - 600-999

Class B - 400 - 599

Class C - 260 - 399

Class D - 259 - Below
strong island

United States

#9440 Nov 20, 2013
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>the truth hurts say hi to granmama and I used to whip those older black bullies.once they understood the irish creed everything was cool.now these days the kids give in--horrible
So your Irish small tool lol
Knock out
BigTool

Rego Park, NY

#9441 Nov 20, 2013
bigtool wrote:
we would like to wish the Lawrence football team good luck sat. with their game against plainedge.------- the national brotherhood of school janitors association union number 666---sal imbrgorino prez. tony caltorra v.p. tony soprano sarge-at-arms. Frankie meatballrino long island rep.
Your jokes just keep getting unfunnier and unfunnier.
strong island

United States

#9442 Nov 20, 2013
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>you guys should have lived in the 50's and 60's in the black schools like Hempstead and uniondale and westbury and malverne and the rough riders everybody lived from the city with granmama in a home with 20 people and nobody I mean nobody knew how old these manchilds were.
So hempstead uniondale westbury malverne Roosevelt cheated in the 50's and 60's. John mackey wandy Williams Julius erving
SKYWALKER

Yavne, Israel

#9444 Nov 21, 2013
"An Old Sailor" I wanted to take a break from this thread but after reading all about the referees on various posts, I just wanted to clarify a few things about the system that is used by Section 8 regarding umpires and refs for all sports.
Anyone can become a referee as long as they are over 18 and take the various courses to be certified. Originally only teachers were allowed, but through the years the rules have been relaxed so anyone is allowed to become a ref or umpire. They are given a written test at the end of the course by the way and must pass it.
Everything is based on seniority. The newst refs are given Middle School sports and usually are there for a long time before they are moved up to JV and varsity. All refs must hand a rating card to the coaches of the game they do. There are 10 catagories that are to be completed by the coach after the game and then are sent back to Section 8 for review. The categories run from physical appearence, to game management, to knowledge of the rules. You grade them on a scale of 1-10. If the rating is below a 5, you must give a written explaination of why you rated them so low.
At meetings I have asked if the rating cards are ever really looked at, and they claim they are, but I seriously doubt it. I have yet to hear of any ref fired because of a poor rating card.
If you haven't noticed, most of the varsity umps and refs are older gentlemen. They are paid more per game than the lower tiered sports, and once they are in the club, good luck in trying to get them removed.
I can tell you that having a varsity ref or ump do a Middle school game is not worth it. They are arrogant and think they invented the game because they are "varsity".
I would suggest to some of the guys on here if you have the time, get your certification and become a ref. The money isn't bad and Section 8 could use some new blood.

Thanks for this information. This explains it all - They have a system in place that is causing all the problems. To have coaches grade the officials is in itself corrupt. Coaches are of course biased for their teams which is understandable. They are obviously going to be afraid to get a reputation for being hard on the refs so I assume most coaches will not grade below a 5 even when needed. Do they have time to write the paper? The refs therefore as you point out have no fear of discipline and can continue to influence the games the way they see fit. You need and outside body to objectively watch-over the referee's. This is not the coaches job. I assume this system also has a word in why we dont play in the state tournaments.
suffolkIII

West Islip, NY

#9445 Nov 21, 2013
I was at the Carey Mac. game last week. At least 10 times when Mac. went 3 wide formation, they only had 6 linemen. The lone side receiver was always well off the line and not once was a flag thrown. Unless rules have been changed you have to have at least 7 linemen.
strong island

United States

#9446 Nov 21, 2013
Farm
Plainedge
Carey
Roosevelt
Floyd
East islip
Sayville
Babylon
St.Anthony

Then. FARM CAREY PLAINEDGE ROOSEVELT NASSAU SWEEP LOL
SKYWALKER

Yavne, Israel

#9447 Nov 21, 2013
OK so what are the key things Lawrence has to do to beat Plainedge?
strong island

United States

#9448 Nov 21, 2013
SKYWALKER wrote:
A few secondary issues but most important they have to block and protect qb first time they did not. If they do they can win another lic
Lawrence last 3 times they lost a regular season game they came back and beat team second time

Lynbrook and plainedge. In 2009
And Hewlett in 2011
Phantoms Fan

Deer Park, NY

#9449 Nov 21, 2013
Does anyone know exactly what Nassau and Suffolk's reasoning is for not participating in the State tournament when they do in almost all other sports? Has there been any talk on the Island about possible joining the tournamnet in the coming years?
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#9450 Nov 21, 2013
SKYWALKER wrote:
Run the ball with Fredericks . If they are able to run the ball they will win this game.
bigtool

Silver Spring, MD

#9451 Nov 21, 2013
SKYWALKER wrote:
get the janitors more involved last game they were to docile.let them work their magic on the sideline.
bigtool

Silver Spring, MD

#9452 Nov 21, 2013
strong island wrote:
<quoted text>
So hempstead uniondale westbury malverne Roosevelt cheated in the 50's and 60's. John mackey wandy Williams Julius erving
wandy was 20 when he left malverne
strong island

United States

#9453 Nov 21, 2013
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>get the janitors more involved last game they were to docile.let them work their magic on the sideline.
When the janitors performed at halftime in 1945 at union endicott it distracted them according to the tool they need to perform at halftime Saturday at hofstra to distract plainedge a team they lost to earlier this year lol
strong island

United States

#9454 Nov 21, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
2013 Nassau County Finals:
Conference I:
Farmingdale 32
Massapequa 24
Conference II:
Carey 33
Garden City 16
Conference III:
Lawrence 35
Plainedge 29
Conference IV:
Roosevelt 28
Seaford 13
Watching these predictions

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 18 min YANKEES 4 LIFE 307,468
USA and ISIS in Iraq 1 hr Opinion 49
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Pearl Jam 305,455
The Obama Epic FAIL BLOG (Feb '13) 2 hr YES WE CAN - HAHAHA 558
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr Doug77 9,886
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr gcaveman1 46,326
Review: Hair Decor Unisex 5 hr Ann 2
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE