Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#9413 Nov 19, 2013
LIfan wrote:
<quoted text>I think the three games was sometime between 05 and 09...how many regular season games do the teams get??? how many playoff teams per league? I noticed WP has a bye in states this year...is that just a rotation due to odd number of participating sections? been a while sicne I took a look at this stuff. thanks
White Plains had a bye, because there are only 7 Sections with Class AA teams. They change them every year. In 2012 it Shaker Section 2, and in 2011 it was Section 9's Newburgh Free Academy.
Da Fan

New York, NY

#9414 Nov 20, 2013
F Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Morton suffered a bad bruise. As of right now it looks like he will play on Sunday. The injured lineman, Fuentes, might play with a cast on his wrist. I'm not that optimistic with him. Looking forward to the game. Should be a good one!
That's good to hear. The extra day off should help Morton too. Hopefully Fuentes can play as well. It should be a good game.
Da Fan

New York, NY

#9415 Nov 20, 2013
LIfan wrote:
my guesses are sachem, riverhead, hunt, babylon - my head is telling me this might be a rough year for suffolk but i'm usually way off on these things. Hoping im wrong.
Can I ask why you are picking Sachem north over Floyd. Floyd has ended their season 4 straight years and killed them earlier this year. I respect your opinion and am just curious what you think. Is it the old blind squirrel eventually finding the nut theory? I actually glad someone is picking against Floyd. I get nervous when everyone picks for them. I'm extremely pessimistic and always think they are going to lose. I thought they were going to lose against Farmingdale in the 07 LIC. I did not feel comfortable until they were up 42-0 at the half.
Question

River Edge, NJ

#9416 Nov 20, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
2013 New York State Tournament Semi-Finals:
Class AA:
Monroe-Woodbury-9 37
White Plains-1 19
Aquinas-5 34
Elmira-4 13
Class A:
Queensbury-2 32
Cornwall Central-9 20
Union-Endicott-4 35
Williamsville North-6 17
Class B:
Schalmont-2 33
Marlboro-9 18
Maine-Endwell-4 42
Depew-6 17
Class C:
Hoosick Falls-2 28
Rye Neck-1 20
Chenanogo Forks-4 29
Cleveland Hills-5 20
Class D:
Chester-9 35
Moriah-7 21
Tioga-4 32
Randolph-6 27
If Long Island were to go into this tournament, what schools would be down in the lower letter classifications?

How small could a school be and still be up in the highest classification?
Question

River Edge, NJ

#9417 Nov 20, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
2013 New York State Tournament Semi-Finals:
Class AA:
Monroe-Woodbury-9 37
White Plains-1 19
Aquinas-5 34
Elmira-4 13
Class A:
Queensbury-2 32
Cornwall Central-9 20
Union-Endicott-4 35
Williamsville North-6 17
Class B:
Schalmont-2 33
Marlboro-9 18
Maine-Endwell-4 42
Depew-6 17
Class C:
Hoosick Falls-2 28
Rye Neck-1 20
Chenanogo Forks-4 29
Cleveland Hills-5 20
Class D:
Chester-9 35
Moriah-7 21
Tioga-4 32
Randolph-6 27
There is no doubt that the best from Long Island could certainly play with these teams. It is not a true NY State Championship as the City and Long Island are not included.
strong island

United States

#9418 Nov 20, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
White Plains had a bye, because there are only 7 Sections with Class AA teams. They change them every year. In 2012 it Shaker Section 2, and in 2011 it was Section 9's Newburgh Free Academy.
Has White Plains ever played Long Island in football they have a great program and history.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#9419 Nov 20, 2013
Tex wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said they left program? Son is now head coach , the old man is on sidelines at every game. Think grandson is a current player
cipp is great he got kids in college he did what he had to do.
Question

River Edge, NJ

#9420 Nov 20, 2013
Huntington vs. Sayville

Series Record - Began in 1929.
Huntington 20 - Sayville 13.

Sayville has won the last 8 games.

It is only the 2nd time the two teams have met twice in the same season ((06).

These are 2 of the original Suffolk County football playing high schools.

The schools only played each other once (1985) from 1956 to 1998.
Yup

Fairview, NJ

#9421 Nov 20, 2013
Misplaced LI football fan wrote:
I'm hoping Sayville wins, can you imagine the beating Lawrence or Plainedge will put on them.
You should pinch yourself and wake up from your dream! There is a reason that Sayville makes the show every year. Yup!!
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#9422 Nov 20, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no doubt that the best from Long Island could certainly play with these teams. It is not a true NY State Championship as the City and Long Island are not included.
Nor doew the CHSFL.
Suffolk dad

New York, NY

#9423 Nov 20, 2013
Tex wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said they left program? Son is now head coach , the old man is on sidelines at every game. Think grandson is a current player
yes his grandson is a current player. Smart student too from what I hear.
strong island

United States

#9424 Nov 20, 2013
Question wrote:
Huntington vs. Sayville
Series Record - Began in 1929.
Huntington 20 - Sayville 13.
Sayville has won the last 8 games.
It is only the 2nd time the two teams have met twice in the same season ((06).
These are 2 of the original Suffolk County football playing high schools.
The schools only played each other once (1985) from 1956 to 1998.
Who has the most wins in Suffolk in football
Jack Mehoff

New York, NY

#9425 Nov 20, 2013
Division 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple interesting tidbits. 2 way starter TE/DE and 4 year TE Jenkins is STARTING his 4th County Championship Sunday and 7th overall Championship Game. Its the 5th Championship game for Labate, Winters, Kastra, Ianoone, Church and a few others. 2 time All-state player Coles who played in 4 is out injured and most of the rest of the team it will be their 3rd. You don't play in 10 of the last 11 County Championships with 1 player.
Vantrell Nash started in 8 Championship games 2009-2012 anyone know of someone starting in more?
no you don't with one player. But take him off the team and put him on longwood where he lives and you probably don't beat even longwood. The rest of the guys you mention are average to good players. No chance you beat sachem or patchogue without him. Not to mention its cheating. If he doesn't live there, he shouldn't play there. Same with crossan
Suffolk dad

New York, NY

#9426 Nov 20, 2013
Jack Mehoff wrote:
<quoted text>no you don't with one player. But take him off the team and put him on longwood where he lives and you probably don't beat even longwood. The rest of the guys you mention are average to good players. No chance you beat sachem or patchogue without him. Not to mention its cheating. If he doesn't live there, he shouldn't play there. Same with crossan
it happens a lot. They are doing it legally. It does open the debate of is it wrong to want to play for another program to better their opportunity to play in college? Catholic schools do it all the time.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#9427 Nov 20, 2013
Suffolk dad wrote:
<quoted text> yes his grandson is a current player. Smart student too from what I hear.
please a smart kid there is no smart cipp.

“"Never Give Up"”

Since: Jan 07

Juno Beach, FL(Winter)

#9428 Nov 20, 2013
Suffolk dad wrote:
<quoted text> it happens a lot. They are doing it legally. It does open the debate of is it wrong to want to play for another program to better their opportunity to play in college? Catholic schools do it all the time.
Make Long Island like CA, any student can attend any school they want as long as they can get there and get home with no travel expence coming from the school district.
Division 1

Shirley, NY

#9429 Nov 20, 2013
Jack Mehoff wrote:
<quoted text>no you don't with one player. But take him off the team and put him on longwood where he lives and you probably don't beat even longwood. The rest of the guys you mention are average to good players. No chance you beat sachem or patchogue without him. Not to mention its cheating. If he doesn't live there, he shouldn't play there. Same with crossan
Here's a couple tidbits for you!

What exactly has Sachem North won with either Crossan? Please be specific

Don't you think Pierre and Brust are the most Important players on their teams right now going into this weekend?

Do you think Fasion moved to Floyd because they needed him despite their unprecedented recent winning history? Or do you think he had a problem with his Longwood Coach(well known)? Or was he upset that Floyd beat a hyped up Longwood team in 2011. Or did he prefer how he looked in Green and White over Gold, Green and White?

In the end of regular season game between Longwood and Floyd how many holes that a school bus could fit in did #20 of Floyd miss so he could bounce outside? Circle 1 9. 17. too many to count.

In 1978 when Longwood canceled there Football season 16 players transferred to William Floyd, some moved right across the street, True. Do you feel they were cheaters or just kids that wanted to play Football?

You called 4 players who start both ways for Floyd average! All of them will be starting at least their 5th Championship game, one his 7th. Interesting to note #20 doesn't start both ways. What do you consider a good player?

Hint!Old saying!! Show me someone who thinks its easy to play every down and I'll show you someone who's never done it!

Defense wins championships. Humor me with this one! How many total yards offense did Commack have in the 2nd Half this past weekend?
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#9430 Nov 20, 2013
Suffolk dad wrote:
<quoted text> it happens a lot. They are doing it legally. It does open the debate of is it wrong to want to play for another program to better their opportunity to play in college? Catholic schools do it all the time.
you guys should have lived in the 50's and 60's in the black schools like Hempstead and uniondale and westbury and malverne and the rough riders everybody lived from the city with granmama in a home with 20 people and nobody I mean nobody knew how old these manchilds were.
Spanky

United States

#9431 Nov 20, 2013
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>you guys should have lived in the 50's and 60's in the black schools like Hempstead and uniondale and westbury and malverne and the rough riders everybody lived from the city with granmama in a home with 20 people and nobody I mean nobody knew how old these manchilds were.
Maybe back then if those black kids would of whipped your ass, you would have some respect today!! Well I hope you know its not to late!!
LIfan

West Babylon, NY

#9432 Nov 20, 2013
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I ask why you are picking Sachem north over Floyd. Floyd has ended their season 4 straight years and killed them earlier this year. I respect your opinion and am just curious what you think. Is it the old blind squirrel eventually finding the nut theory? I actually glad someone is picking against Floyd. I get nervous when everyone picks for them. I'm extremely pessimistic and always think they are going to lose. I thought they were going to lose against Farmingdale in the 07 LIC. I did not feel comfortable until they were up 42-0 at the half.
oh man please dont read into it - not much thought - saw them only on tv - just thought sachem seemed deeper but may be wrong - floyd has the coaching edge in my opinion whivh may mean more - sachem does seem overly predictable just hoping whoever wins can beat nassau rep - good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 28 min Da GreatDirtyWater 312,909
last post wins! (Jun '10) 40 min The Phanton Rider 25,579
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 54 min R C Honey 308,065
Queens man shot by friend in gang shootout dies 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr The Phanton Rider 9,804
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 50,496
Man stabbed in E 61st street building 2 hr Bentley Wellington 2

Winter Storm Watch for Queens County was issued at January 31 at 3:50PM EST

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating