Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#9048 Nov 10, 2013
NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
400 yards to Sachem North? What game were you watching?
You and your buddy Calloway are obviously Commack haters and can't accept the fact that your beloved Raiders turned in their pads yesterday and Commack is still playing. No worries for you though.#10 Commack has no business being on same field as #1 Floyd so Commack will get blown out this weekend and everything in your statistical world will be back in balance.
Your right, I hit the wrong number, it was close to 300 yards of total offense. As far as my brother and I we have no skin in the game. I live in Bronxville and he lives in Chappaqua. Actually I'm rooting for Class AA Section 9 Monroe-Woodbury. Your going to have to show me all the post I posted about Pat-Med? I stated in the beginning of the year I thought 5-3 for sure and at best 6-2. As far as "hating" Commack, not true just bringing up statisitical true facts.

All I can say is good luck to you and your team on Saturday.
NY Football Fan

Commack, NY

#9049 Nov 10, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right, I hit the wrong number, it was close to 300 yards of total offense. As far as my brother and I we have no skin in the game. I live in Bronxville and he lives in Chappaqua. Actually I'm rooting for Class AA Section 9 Monroe-Woodbury. Your going to have to show me all the post I posted about Pat-Med? I stated in the beginning of the year I thought 5-3 for sure and at best 6-2. As far as "hating" Commack, not true just bringing up statisitical true facts.
All I can say is good luck to you and your team on Saturday.
Thanks. We will need it.
sac north

Holbrook, NY

#9050 Nov 11, 2013
NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Commack's entire roster is healthy and playing next Saturday.
If Commack QB plays a good game and their defense limits #20, then they have a shot. Commack has an underrated running game. They can run on you. The one aspect of Commack team that gets overlooked is their offensive/defensive lines. Very big and physical.
We'll see. Floyd is the defending champ and it will be a big challenge for Commack. I will also tell you that playing this game at home is definitely a plus for Commack.
Using the pre season seed to make yourself an under dog is weak. First of all when Floyd was made number one they were expected to have two time All Long island player Marc Coles, He was a great two way starter. He has been out for the year. I would say if Coles was playing Floyd would be big favorite. Floyd also has played a bruising schedule. Commack has had soft schedule including the first playoff game. Please don't start making excuses just beat Floyd. We will take care of Connetquot and the rematch is on at Stony Brook.
d 2 fan

Selden, NY

#9051 Nov 11, 2013
Ive been following high school football for over a decade now. Esoecially in suffolk division 2. I go to many games all over I love it and think its the most pure form of the game. Looking into this newfield team I was shocked to find out there basically a jv team playing on varsity. 5 freshman 8 sophmores 6 juniors and just 3 seniors who start and play. They have already overachieved as it is this season but they play some serious hard nose football and sound defense. Its amazing how young they are. Riverhead will be tough with there lack of big game experience. But looks like a birth of a dynasty in the making for newfield.
NY Football Fan

Commack, NY

#9052 Nov 11, 2013
sac north wrote:
<quoted text> Using the pre season seed to make yourself an under dog is weak. First of all when Floyd was made number one they were expected to have two time All Long island player Marc Coles, He was a great two way starter. He has been out for the year. I would say if Coles was playing Floyd would be big favorite. Floyd also has played a bruising schedule. Commack has had soft schedule including the first playoff game. Please don't start making excuses just beat Floyd. We will take care of Connetquot and the rematch is on at Stony Brook.
Not making excuses. I think Commack has a good chance to beat Floyd this weekend. Many of my comments are said in jest due to fact that many on this forum believe Commack is a pretender.
bigtool

New York, NY

#9053 Nov 11, 2013
is the X-FACTOR the only black guy on Commack?
Section XI

Sayville, NY

#9054 Nov 11, 2013
Actually section xi is wrong...connetquot hosts sachem north saturday at 1 pm
An Old Sailor

Malverne, NY

#9055 Nov 11, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not just have the top four teams, like when I played. At least the regular season will mean something. I know when my brother and I played there was no teams with a 3-5 record or a 4-4 record that made the playoffs.
You are sounding like you're an old man now. Back when I was a kid... In all sports pro, college, and now high school expanded playoffs are the norm. Why are there 36 bowl games? Why are there 64 teams in the NCAA basketball tournament? Why are there 16 teams in the NBA and NHL playoffs? The NFL is pondering expanding to 14 teams in the playoffs. Why does MLB now have wild cards? Money is the answer to those questions. By the way all High School sports on Long Island have expanded playoffs, why should football be any different?
Question

River Edge, NJ

#9056 Nov 11, 2013
The best teams will be standing at the end, regardless of the system in a sport like football.

Which Long Island Championship Games are being played at Stony Brook? Which games are being played at Hofstra?

Dates and Times would be appreciated.
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#9057 Nov 11, 2013
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>You are sounding like you're an old man now. Back when I was a kid... In all sports pro, college, and now high school expanded playoffs are the norm. Why are there 36 bowl games? Why are there 64 teams in the NCAA basketball tournament? Why are there 16 teams in the NBA and NHL playoffs? The NFL is pondering expanding to 14 teams in the playoffs. Why does MLB now have wild cards? Money is the answer to those questions. By the way all High School sports on Long Island have expanded playoffs, why should football be any different?
couldn't agree with you more.
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#9058 Nov 11, 2013
I hope Hofstra doesn't forget to put the goal posts up on the Lacrosse field. lol What a joke.
NY Football Fan

United States

#9059 Nov 11, 2013
Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> couldn't agree with you more.
I agree 100% as well. It's a useless argument. They will never go back to the old 4 team playoff format.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#9060 Nov 11, 2013
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>You are sounding like you're an old man now. Back when I was a kid... In all sports pro, college, and now high school expanded playoffs are the norm. Why are there 36 bowl games? Why are there 64 teams in the NCAA basketball tournament? Why are there 16 teams in the NBA and NHL playoffs? The NFL is pondering expanding to 14 teams in the playoffs. Why does MLB now have wild cards? Money is the answer to those questions. By the way all High School sports on Long Island have expanded playoffs, why should football be any different?
I guess you could say in football years I am old. When my brother and I played the system was great, the best four teams played in the playoff's. It added credence to going out every weekend and trying to win every game you played in your Division. If you didn't there was a good chance you weren't going to make it to the playoffs. Today it is nothing but "watered down" garbage, and if your a 3-5 or a 4-4 team there's a good chance you'll be in the playoffs. Come on 20 teams out of 64 were .500 or below? That's just plain ridiculous. Eventually a #7 or a #8 will win and LIC. Not sure if I'll be around to see it. Every year I give a break down of what teams(playoff seeds) move on to the semi's and finals, it's always the same four of five teams in every Conference/
Division.

Now to answer the second part of you question about expansion, let me say it in one word, "MONEY".
SKYWALKER

Tel Aviv, Israel

#9061 Nov 11, 2013
Here is a play for Lawrence to pull on Glen Cove

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/11/10/doh-foot...
NY Football Fan

United States

#9062 Nov 11, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you could say in football years I am old. When my brother and I played the system was great, the best four teams played in the playoff's. It added credence to going out every weekend and trying to win every game you played in your Division. If you didn't there was a good chance you weren't going to make it to the playoffs. Today it is nothing but "watered down" garbage, and if your a 3-5 or a 4-4 team there's a good chance you'll be in the playoffs. Come on 20 teams out of 64 were .500 or below? That's just plain ridiculous. Eventually a #7 or a #8 will win and LIC. Not sure if I'll be around to see it. Every year I give a break down of what teams(playoff seeds) move on to the semi's and finals, it's always the same four of five teams in every Conference/
Division.
Now to answer the second part of you question about expansion, let me say it in one word, "MONEY".
Watered down garbage? that's pretty harsh considering we are talking about HS student athletes.

The system right now is perfect. It gives teams that may have had a good year, not great, a change to particpate in the playoffs. What is wrong with that? Last year #6 playoff seed Sachem East beat #3 Northport, then proceeded to beat #1 seed Connetquot and got to play in the Suffolk title game. If old system was in place, Sachem East doesn't even qualify for playoffs. Another example.. last year in Suffolk DII,#8 seed West babylon beat #1 seed West Islip in opening round. We don't see that happen if old format in place. Upsets are not common in early rounds, I agree with you, but they do happen. Don't forget, this is all about the HS student athletes, not your outdated wishes.
LIfan

West Babylon, NY

#9063 Nov 11, 2013
d 2 fan wrote:
Ive been following high school football for over a decade now. Esoecially in suffolk division 2. I go to many games all over I love it and think its the most pure form of the game. Looking into this newfield team I was shocked to find out there basically a jv team playing on varsity. 5 freshman 8 sophmores 6 juniors and just 3 seniors who start and play. They have already overachieved as it is this season but they play some serious hard nose football and sound defense. Its amazing how young they are. Riverhead will be tough with there lack of big game experience. But looks like a birth of a dynasty in the making for newfield.
north bab started two freshman rbs and ei's qb is a soph. glad to see newfield has a lot coming back too. too bad ilario injuries impacted wi two years in a row.
bigtool

New York, NY

#9064 Nov 11, 2013
if Obama went to the Commack-Floyd game who would he root for?discuss

“"Never Give Up"”

Since: Jan 07

Juno Beach, FL(Winter)

#9065 Nov 11, 2013
NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Watered down garbage? that's pretty harsh considering we are talking about HS student athletes.
The system right now is perfect. It gives teams that may have had a good year, not great, a change to particpate in the playoffs. What is wrong with that? Last year #6 playoff seed Sachem East beat #3 Northport, then proceeded to beat #1 seed Connetquot and got to play in the Suffolk title game. If old system was in place, Sachem East doesn't even qualify for playoffs. Another example.. last year in Suffolk DII,#8 seed West babylon beat #1 seed West Islip in opening round. We don't see that happen if old format in place. Upsets are not common in early rounds, I agree with you, but they do happen. Don't forget, this is all about the HS student athletes, not your outdated wishes.
You make some excellent points, but lets start with Sachem East. They were the #3 pre-seed. They were 4-4 during the regular season , with points for/against 148-165. They lost to #1 pre-seed Floyd,#2 pre-seed Sachem North,#7 pre-seed Connetquot, and #4 pre-seed Bayshore. Those four teams outscored Sachem East 34-135. Even with the #1 player in Suffolk County Steven Casali, I still say that they shouldn't have been in the playoffs. Yes they just barely beat pre-seed #6 Northport, and #7 pre-seed Connetquot by a combined margin of 16 points, but lost for the second time against #1 pre-seed Floyd 61-27.

Now as far as West Babylon which was a #8 playoff seed beating #1 West Islip 20-19, all I can say is that West Islip was again, as this year with out their #1 offensive weapon QB Sam Ilario who accounted for 75% of their offense. Now go to the second round and see that a full strength #2 playoff seed Riverhead destroyed West Babylon 30-14. If I remember correctly in 2011 West Babylon was the #1 playoff seed losing the eventual Class II LIC champ Newfield 29-28.

So again I will stick to what I have posted, back to the four team playoffs and keep the regular season as meaning something.
NY Football Fan

United States

#9066 Nov 11, 2013
callaway57 wrote:
<quoted text>
You make some excellent points, but lets start with Sachem East. They were the #3 pre-seed. They were 4-4 during the regular season , with points for/against 148-165. They lost to #1 pre-seed Floyd,#2 pre-seed Sachem North,#7 pre-seed Connetquot, and #4 pre-seed Bayshore. Those four teams outscored Sachem East 34-135. Even with the #1 player in Suffolk County Steven Casali, I still say that they shouldn't have been in the playoffs. Yes they just barely beat pre-seed #6 Northport, and #7 pre-seed Connetquot by a combined margin of 16 points, but lost for the second time against #1 pre-seed Floyd 61-27.
Now as far as West Babylon which was a #8 playoff seed beating #1 West Islip 20-19, all I can say is that West Islip was again, as this year with out their #1 offensive weapon QB Sam Ilario who accounted for 75% of their offense. Now go to the second round and see that a full strength #2 playoff seed Riverhead destroyed West Babylon 30-14. If I remember correctly in 2011 West Babylon was the #1 playoff seed losing the eventual Class II LIC champ Newfield 29-28.
So again I will stick to what I have posted, back to the four team playoffs and keep the regular season as meaning something.
The numbers/stats mean nothing.

What matters is that they were allowed the opportunity to participate in the playoffs, won 2 road playoff games and got to play in the Suffolk 1 title game. If you were to poll every coach in Nassau and suffolk and have them vote on keeping current system or reverting back to old system, it would be a landslide to keep current system.
An Old Sailor

AOL

#9067 Nov 11, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Division.
Hey I'm eleven years older than you and when I was in High School they didn't have any playoffs other than a championship game for football. But, I think we see things differently because I am a teacher and coach. I have to tell you how difficult it is today to get kids out to play sports when they see nothing but losing. Kids like to be associated with winning teams. Just look at how many Yankee fans there are compared to Met fans today. Growing up in the late 60s and early 70s everyone was a Met fan because of their success in '69 and '73. That has changed of course.
You admit it yourself and are pretty acurate every year when you predict who is going to the Final Four in each Conference. Watered down yes, but in order for the Valley Stream Centrals to field teams, they need to have a #8 seed every few years just to hang their hats onto something.
We beat this to death every year, but you are a good guy to argue with and I appreciate the give and take.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min Fair Game 46,709
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 305,669
Black Girls: Would you meet a white guy? (Feb '09) 4 hr sexy chocolate an... 333
MARK POTOK from the SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER... 5 hr The GOAL of ZION 1
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 6 hr Bloody Bill Anderson 15,086
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 7 hr UN Must Go 308,015
the U.S Bisexual Dating (Jun '13) 8 hr claire grace 7
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
•••
•••