An Old Sailor

AOL

#8734 Nov 3, 2013
Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> Harris is fine and playing next week
He was limping badly and all iced up throughout the second half. I guess you already talked to Supple? The kid lives a few houses down from me, so if I see him this week, I'll get it straight from him.
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#8735 Nov 3, 2013
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text> He was limping badly and all iced up throughout the second half. I guess you already talked to Supple? The kid lives a few houses down from me, so if I see him this week, I'll get it straight from him.
i didnt get it from supple. He will play and someone else on your defense won't. Lets see if you can give me who that is? lol
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#8736 Nov 3, 2013
New Sailor wrote:
That's good. Harris is Oceanside's X-Factor.
It should be a tough game but I feel much more confident with him in the backfield. 2 v 7 this should still be a tough game.
Who does Pequa have?
<quoted text>
East Meadow
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#8737 Nov 3, 2013
Lawrence Forever wrote:
<quoted text> You were saying?? How come you didn't come on here and give Lawrence their props for whipping up on Bethpage yesterday?? Are you still in shock? Were you at the game?? Or do you dislike them so much you can't pay a compliment when it is due?? I bet if Lawrence would of loss you would of been the first one on here to talk about how bad they looked. I do agree with you Bethpage line SURE DID give Lawrence ALL they wanted right into the endzone! Great game boys. Good luck Bethpage on the rest of your season, wish you boys the best!!

Bethpage will need plenty of luck in a rematch with Plainedge. Dont expect the same outcome . I see Plainedge by 2 touchdowns. Also you hear a lot of talk out of kids in Sewanhaka that they want Lawrence again in playoffs.Well you got them.Good Luck
Da Fan

New York, NY

#8738 Nov 3, 2013
NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have mentioned in previous posts, blame the other 11 D1 coaches who voted to give Commack the 10 seed. This argument is getting old already. It's sour grapes by everybody who has issue with it. Go to Section XI website and read the process and rules for the pre-season ratings meetings. In those rules it explicitly states that a coach is not allowed to vote for his own teams pre-season seeding.
Good luck to all teams in playoffs.
By the way that wasn't me who wrote that. Your schedule was a little soft but you did beat two good teams in Sachem North and Nortport. Commack has the chance to silence all of its critics in the playoffs. Congrats again.
Da Fan

New York, NY

#8739 Nov 3, 2013
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>every coach goes to those meetings and tells the other coaches what kind of team he thinks he has. And while they no longer are allowed to "pre-seed" themselves, every coach explains where he thinks he should be in relation to the rest of the division. Some coaches down play their team or even forget to mention that a transfer just moved into their district, just so they can get a chance to play the schedule that Commack played. The fairy tail will end in round 2.
. Stop posting under the name I have been posting here for a good 8 years now. Im flattered that you want to be me but its a little childish.
suffolkIII

West Islip, NY

#8741 Nov 3, 2013
Bet you can't guess who the leading scorer in Suffolk Co. is.....

scroll down for answer

Sayville's Matt Selts 24 TD's

“"Never Give Up"”

Since: Jan 07

Juno Beach, FL(Winter)

#8742 Nov 3, 2013
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way that wasn't me who wrote that. Your schedule was a little soft but you did beat two good teams in Sachem North and Nortport. Commack has the chance to silence all of its critics in the playoffs. Congrats again.
A little soft? Commack was 8-0 against teams that had a combined won/loss record of 22-42, plus only played one 1 team with a winning record, Sachem North (6-2).

Now on the other hand Floyd which was 6-2 played teams that had a combined won/loss record of 31-33, where as Floyd played 3 teams with winning records, Pat-Med (5-3), Connetquot (7-1), and Sachem North (6-2). Commack didn't play #1 Floyd,#3 Connetquot, nor #5 Pat-Med, all of whom had winning records.

I went back 10 years and I couldn't find an 8-0 teams in either Suffolk or Nassau that had a worse combined opponents won/loss record. This is why the power point system needs to incorporate the strength of schedule into their calculations.
bigtool

New York, NY

#8743 Nov 3, 2013
callaway57 wrote:
<quoted text>
A little soft? Commack was 8-0 against teams that had a combined won/loss record of 22-42, plus only played one 1 team with a winning record, Sachem North (6-2).
Now on the other hand Floyd which was 6-2 played teams that had a combined won/loss record of 31-33, where as Floyd played 3 teams with winning records, Pat-Med (5-3), Connetquot (7-1), and Sachem North (6-2). Commack didn't play #1 Floyd,#3 Connetquot, nor #5 Pat-Med, all of whom had winning records.
I went back 10 years and I couldn't find an 8-0 teams in either Suffolk or Nassau that had a worse combined opponents won/loss record. This is why the power point system needs to incorporate the strength of schedule into their calculations.
please sour grapes Commack will prove you all wrong.do you think the X-FACTOR will let up now especially with all the success he is having with the white girls--NO WAY.

“"Never Give Up"”

Juno Beach, FL(Winter)

#8744 Nov 3, 2013
Suffolk County 2013 Playoff Match ups 1st Round

Division I:

#8 Brentwood vs
#1 Commack

#7 Longwood vs
#2 Connetquot

#6 Northport vs
#3 Sachem North

#5 Pat-Med vs
#4 Floyd

Division II:

#8 HHHW vs
#1 Riverhead

#7 North Babylon vs
#2 Smithtown West

#6 Smithtown East vs
#3 East Islip

#5 Newfield vs
#4 West Islip

Division III:

#8 Deer Park vs
#1 Miller Place

#7 Sayville vs
#2 Islip

#6 Bellport vs
#3 Eastport/SM

#5 Hauppauge vs
#4 Huntington

Division IV:

#8 East Hampton vs
#1 Babylon

#7 Greenport/SH vs
#2 Mt. Sinai

#6 Bayport/BP vs
#3 John Glenn

#5 Center Moriches vs
#4 Shoreham/WR

“"Never Give Up"”

Juno Beach, FL(Winter)

#8745 Nov 3, 2013
Nassau County 2013 1st Round Playoffs

Conference I:

#8 VSC vs
#1 Farmingdale

#7 Baldwin vs
#2 Oceanside

#6 East Meadow vs
#3 Massapequa

#5 Syosset vs
#4 Freeport

Conference II:

#8 South Side vs
#1 Carey

#7 Mepham vs
#2 Garden City

#6 Elmont vs
#3 Wantagh

#5 MacArthur vs
#4 Long Beach

Conference III:

#8 Hewlett vs
#1 Plainedge

#7 Sewanhaka vs
#2 Lawrence

#6 Floral Park vs
#3 Lynbrook

#5 Glen Cove vs
#4 Bethpage

Conference IV:

#8 North Shore vs
#1 Roosevelt

#7 Clarke vs
#2 Seaford

#6 Mineola vs
#3 West Hempstead

#5 VSN vs
#4 Locust Valley
BigTool

Rego Park, NY

#8746 Nov 3, 2013
suffolkIII wrote:
scroll down for answer
That's great. Congrats on your 7 seed.
Lawrence Forever

United States

#8747 Nov 3, 2013
Nassau 3.....When u get the dates and times for the games, can u please post them??? Thank you....
SCFB

Medford, NY

#8748 Nov 3, 2013
suffolkIII wrote:
scroll down for answer
Wrong..tied with Osman (22 rush & 2 rec.)
MR Lawrence

New York, NY

#8749 Nov 3, 2013
I once had my way with a girl named Beth Page. Lawrence did yesterday too.
bigtool

New York, NY

#8750 Nov 3, 2013
congrats to the"DANCH" on a fine season you boys make us proud -- love grandmamma.
Question

River Edge, NJ

#8751 Nov 3, 2013
If all the 1 Seeds go to the Long Island Final:
Roosevelt vs. Babylon
Plainedge vs. Miller Place
Carey vs. Riverhead
Farmingdale vs. Commack
Who would you pick in these games?
Suffolk dad

Patchogue, NY

#8752 Nov 3, 2013
Question wrote:
If all the 1 Seeds go to the Long Island Final:
Roosevelt vs. Babylon
Plainedge vs. Miller Place
Carey vs. Riverhead
Farmingdale vs. Commack
Who would you pick in these games?
Looks like a Nassau sweep.

Amityville, NY

#8753 Nov 3, 2013
Lawrence Forever wrote:
Nassau 3.....When u get the dates and times for the games, can u please post them??? Thank you....
I believe all nassau games are Saturday 1:30 at higher seed
Da Fan

New York, NY

#8754 Nov 3, 2013
callaway57 wrote:
<quoted text>
. That's why I said now they have a chance to silence their critics. If they lose in the first or second round a lot of people will think their season was a fluke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 2 min Nemo Noone 16,648
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min Pearl Jam 306,981
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Sunshine 49,190
jets talk back (Dec '07) 13 min Shannon Geiss 9,969
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 49 min Paul Yanks 311,574
stop hacking put a smile on Madonna face 59 min Aaron 2
The Three R's: Reichwing Republican Rants (Sep '10) 1 hr Many Names 1,345

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson-Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson-Heights