HS Football

Elmont, NY

#8485 Oct 27, 2013
suffolkIII wrote:
Give the kid credit stop with that only happens because the coach bullshit. The kid did not play in the 4th qtr and check the paper for the 4th qtr scores. Amazing career shame on you
you read the paper!!! Lawrence scored the last TD's one was a pass to Jones in the 4th quarter!!!!! explain that
really sad that we knock kids accomplishments on here. Blaming a coach for a HS athlete's accomplishments that are incredible for 3 years. This Qb from Lawrence is good and we all hope he gets a nice education that might be paid for. Please stop knocking the kid nobody said he was going to the NFL, going to college is what this is all about. And Albany is fine also, Some of us really need a REALITY CHECK!!
An Old Sailor

AOL

#8486 Oct 27, 2013
Warner ended up playing for Baldwin. I listened to the Baldwin coaches whining about all the injuries and how Tyler probably wasn't going to play. These guys are my co-workers, you'd think they would be honest with me. I know they lost to East Meadow but if they play Oceanside the first round, I will really be worried. Baldwin has a knack for winning games like that.
I promise not to write any more Baldwin stuff.
suffolkIII

West Islip, NY

#8487 Oct 27, 2013
really sad that we knock kids accomplishments on here. Blaming a coach for a HS athlete's accomplishments that are incredible for 3 years. This Qb from Lawrence is good and we all hope he gets a nice education that might be paid for. Please stop knocking the kid nobody said he was going to the NFL, going to college is what this is all about. And Albany is fine also, Some of us really need a REALITY

I have never and will never knock any HS student athletes. Joe is an excellent QB one of the best ever. But maybe some coaches should read the article by Sara about winning with class and not running up scores.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8488 Oct 27, 2013
Looks like #3 Oceanside was correct in taking the #3 pre-seed. They are within nipping distance of #2 Farmingdale.

Mathematically it is still possible for Oceanside to pass Farmingdale in power points. As of now:

#2 Farmingdale (7-0) power points 132.86, combined opponents won/loss record 23-26, combined opponents points for/against 273-54.

#3 Oceanside (6-1) power points 131.43, combined opponents won/loss record 29-20, combined opponents points for/against 196-112.

Next up for Farmingdale is East Meadow @ Farmingdale Friday Nov. 1 @ 6:30 p.m.

Oceanside will be traveling to Hempstead on Saturday Nov. 2 @1:30 p.m.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8489 Oct 27, 2013
In Suffolk Division I, #3 Connetquot (6-1) is now #1 in the standings with 134.40 power points.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#8490 Oct 27, 2013
HS Football wrote:
<quoted text>
really sad that we knock kids accomplishments on here. Blaming a coach for a HS athlete's accomplishments that are incredible for 3 years. This Qb from Lawrence is good and we all hope he gets a nice education that might be paid for. Please stop knocking the kid nobody said he was going to the NFL, going to college is what this is all about. And Albany is fine also, Some of us really need a REALITY CHECK!!
you fools make him great--he won't play at Albany or any football school--maybe he will become a doctor or play 3th string at Harvard.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#8491 Oct 27, 2013
I still can't believe a black kid is the main man for Oceanside. wow whats next nathans being taken over by kfc. stop it.
NY Football Fan

Commack, NY

#8492 Oct 27, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
In Suffolk Division I,#3 Connetquot (6-1) is now #1 in the standings with 134.40 power points.
If Commack beats Northport next Saturday they will be 8-0 and #1 playoff seed in Suffolk 1.
An Old Sailor

AOL

#8493 Oct 27, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
Looks like #3 Oceanside was correct in taking the #3 pre-seed. They are within nipping distance of #2 Farmingdale.
Mathematically it is still possible for Oceanside to pass Farmingdale in power points. As of now:
#2 Farmingdale (7-0) power points 132.86, combined opponents won/loss record 23-26, combined opponents points for/against 273-54.
#3 Oceanside (6-1) power points 131.43, combined opponents won/loss record 29-20, combined opponents points for/against 196-112.
Next up for Farmingdale is East Meadow @ Farmingdale Friday Nov. 1 @ 6:30 p.m.
Oceanside will be traveling to Hempstead on Saturday Nov. 2 @1:30 p.m.
If you talked to any of the coaches last spring, the just shook their heads when Blount asked for the #3 seed. They kept saying that he had graduated all of his skill people and he is just being cocky. I recall they said the same thing about him in 2011 after his first group of skill players graduated. Back then they actually tried to talk him out of #3 telling him that you only have teams like that once in awhile.
OK my question Pat-Med is how can they pass by Farmingdale? If Oceanside beats Hempstead that can't be worth any power points can it?
Grumpy LWoodFan

Medford, NY

#8494 Oct 27, 2013
New turf field...hate it.....as my taxes went up to pay for it.

And you are up 42-7 late in the 4th...and refuse to clear your bench.....Smith is such a piece of shit!
NY Football Fan

Commack, NY

#8495 Oct 27, 2013
Grumpy LWoodFan wrote:
New turf field...hate it.....as my taxes went up to pay for it.
And you are up 42-7 late in the 4th...and refuse to clear your bench.....Smith is such a piece of shit!
When Commack played Longwood earlier this season, Commack backups were in for most of 3rd qtr and all of 4th qtr. Anyway... Commack ran dives behind center for rest of game. Commack had ball at LW 3 yd line, 1st down and 2 min to go in game. Commack takes a knee on first down to start running out clock. LW coach proceeds to call a timeout! There's something wrong with this guy.
ChiefFan1

Massapequa, NY

#8496 Oct 27, 2013
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
If you talked to any of the coaches last spring, the just shook their heads when Blount asked for the #3 seed. They kept saying that he had graduated all of his skill people and he is just being cocky. I recall they said the same thing about him in 2011 after his first group of skill players graduated. Back then they actually tried to talk him out of #3 telling him that you only have teams like that once in awhile.
OK my question Pat-Med is how can they pass by Farmingdale? If Oceanside beats Hempstead that can't be worth any power points can it?
i havent done the math so i dont know, but the only way it could possibly mathematically happen is if farmingdale loses, freeport beats plainview, and uniondale beats VSC. freeport will beat plainview but unfortunately for oceanside the other 2 will not happen.

fdale (JFK VSC) ocean (freeport hemps)
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8497 Oct 27, 2013
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
If by "some" chance East Meadow beats Farmingdale then Oceanside will move past Farmingdale, and Oceanside defeats Hempstead. As I said it is "matimatically" possible, I never said it was going to happen.
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#8498 Oct 27, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
If by "some" chance East Meadow beats Farmingdale then Oceanside will move past Farmingdale, and Oceanside defeats Hempstead. As I said it is "matimatically" possible, I never said it was going to happen.
Pat-Med in conf 3 glen cove 105.91 floral park 103.06 if gc loses at Plainedge and Floral Park beats Manhasset do they jump Glen Cove? If its to much work don't bother
Grumpy LWoodFan

Medford, NY

#8499 Oct 27, 2013
NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
When Commack played Longwood earlier this season, Commack backups were in for most of 3rd qtr and all of 4th qtr. Anyway... Commack ran dives behind center for rest of game. Commack had ball at LW 3 yd line, 1st down and 2 min to go in game. Commack takes a knee on first down to start running out clock. LW coach proceeds to call a timeout! There's something wrong with this guy.
And do you not play the Senior Class President?
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#8500 Oct 27, 2013
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
they beat the bro's in today's world that means something--its still Hempstead.
con 1

United States

#8501 Oct 27, 2013
Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> Pat-Med in conf 3 glen cove 105.91 floral park 103.06 if gc loses at Plainedge and Floral Park beats Manhasset do they jump Glen Cove? If its to much work don't bother
No floral park 6th glencove 5th
Plain
law
Lynn
BP
Gc
Fp
Sew
Hew. If Lawrence loses to BP then

Plain
BP
law
Lyn
Gc
Fp
Sew
Hew
Question

River Edge, NJ

#8503 Oct 28, 2013
Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad part about LI Public High School football is that the administrators for Section VIII & XI will never pull the mushrooms out of the dark. They enjoy cashing in their fat paychecks at the expense of the LI student athletes. I'm sure if they asked every football player from all the 126 football playing public schools on the Island, I can guarantee that they would vote unamamously to start the season earlier and play two non-league games from different Sections and the CHSFL. Parents on LI should demand a change.
If you are going to start the season earlier, then the coaches should get paid more money.
New Sailor

Columbus, OH

#8504 Oct 28, 2013
Please stop / my property values have suffered enough after the credit crisis and Hurricane Sandy. I can't stomach white flight.

Jews / we love you, please don't leave. I don't mind watching you walk to temple when I'm driving down to the beach. And I have no issues with your crossing guards.

We need you, I mean we love you and welcome you.
bigtool wrote:
I still can't believe a black kid is the main man for Oceanside. wow whats next nathans being taken over by kfc. stop it.
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#8505 Oct 28, 2013
con 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No floral park 6th glencove 5th
Plain
law
Lynn
BP
Gc
Fp
Sew
Hew. If Lawrence loses to BP then
Plain
BP
law
Lyn
Gc
Fp
Sew
Hew
thx i was told this morning that if Division beats Lynbrook Hewlett is out Division goes to 7th seed and Sewanhaka drops to 8

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min IB DaMann 51,584
Supreme Court 15 min GOP 3
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 1 hr William Wilhelm Jr 1,343
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr Da GreatDirtyWater 313,802
Would you participate in a class action law sui... (Apr '13) Feb 12 Leeann 64
Any small store owners looking for discounted h... Oct '14 savyseller8 1
Constant parades on 37th Ave. ae a constant pai... Oct '14 truthteller 1

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:49 am PST

ESPN 9:49AM
TE Donnell OK after plane skids off runway
Bleacher Report10:29 AM
Instagram: Giants' Donnell on Plane That Skidded off Runway
CBS Sports12:53 PM
Report: Chances of Giants signing Ndamukong Suh 'unrealistic'
Bleacher Report 7:21 PM
Pre-Free Agency Cap Update for Giants
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
What Can the Jets Do to Address Desperate Quarterback Situation This Offseason?