Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
HS Football

Franklin Square, NY

#8200 Oct 17, 2013
early thorpe nassau talk

jenkins -farmingdale

catapano-carey

akins--roosevelt

Fredericks--Lawrence
F Fan

South Salem, NY

#8201 Oct 17, 2013
sac north wrote:
<quoted text> I know Sachem North lost a tough game and not trying to take anything away from them but it is not fair that Commack with all those guys coming back ask for a ten seed. Now they don't have to play Floyd, Patch, Conn. That's a lot of tough physical games they don't have to play. Sachem plays all tough teams. You get banged up playing those teams. Shame on their coach asking for a low seed. Looking forward to North giving Floyd their 3rd loss of regular season. When was last time Floyd lost 3 regular season games?
So Sachem N. is going to hand Floyd their 3rd. loss. Does the loss to Commack figure in to the easy run to the L.I.C. that you predicted. Thats a lot of confidence in a team that hasn't won anything in 20 years and rarely beats Floyd! Well, i guess Sachem should win. We'll see soon enough. Good luck to your Sachem North team the rest of the way. I don't believe they are going to have an easy time making it to the LIC. Several quality teams in Div. 1.
ChiefFan1

Bronxville, NY

#8202 Oct 17, 2013
HS Football wrote:
early thorpe nassau talk
jenkins -farmingdale
catapano-carey
akins--roosevelt
Fredericks--Lawrence
i heard jenkins didnt play last week. anyone know why?
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#8203 Oct 17, 2013
ChiefFan1 wrote:
<quoted text>
i heard jenkins didnt play last week. anyone know why?
brothers wedding out of town
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#8205 Oct 17, 2013
HS Football wrote:
early thorpe nassau talk
jenkins -farmingdale
catapano-carey
akins--roosevelt
Fredericks--Lawrence
catapano Nassau always picks somebody who has no chance to succeed in college.the Thorpe should be the guy who will make Nassau look good--jim brown matt snell the rest of the pro's didn't win it--its a joke except for zeroue from mehemp,whatever that schools name is---its not a football power,in fact,its 99% white and he was black--you tell me
Pat-Med 88

Indio, CA

#8206 Oct 17, 2013
F Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So Sachem N. is going to hand Floyd their 3rd. loss. Does the loss to Commack figure in to the easy run to the L.I.C. that you predicted. Thats a lot of confidence in a team that hasn't won anything in 20 years and rarely beats Floyd! Well, i guess Sachem should win. We'll see soon enough. Good luck to your Sachem North team the rest of the way. I don't believe they are going to have an easy time making it to the LIC. Several quality teams in Div. 1.
Floyd can never be counted out. Last season the also lost two games, but when it came to crunch time they always manage to pull something out of Coach Longo's hat. I think Floyd can beat Sachem North this weekend.
sac north

Tuckahoe, NY

#8207 Oct 17, 2013
F Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So Sachem N. is going to hand Floyd their 3rd. loss. Does the loss to Commack figure in to the easy run to the L.I.C. that you predicted. Thats a lot of confidence in a team that hasn't won anything in 20 years and rarely beats Floyd! Well, i guess Sachem should win. We'll see soon enough. Good luck to your Sachem North team the rest of the way. I don't believe they are going to have an easy time making it to the LIC. Several quality teams in Div. 1.
I think Sachem will beat Floyd pretty easily. I give Floyd and their coaches credit. What a great run they have had. As they say all good things must come to an end. It is our time. I believe the reason North lost to Commack is partly because they were looking ahead to Floyd. I believe this is a very important game for North. Floyd has ended North's season the last 4 years. I will make a prediction. Sachem North wins by 3 touchdowns! Our time has finally come!
suffolkIII

New Rochelle, NY

#8208 Oct 17, 2013
Floyd has ended North's season the last 4 years. I will make a prediction. Sachem North wins by 3 touchdowns! Our time has finally come!

Maybe but they will lose to Floyd in the playoffs if they meet...
History repeats itself again
Pat-Med 88

Indio, CA

#8209 Oct 17, 2013
sac north wrote:
<quoted text> I think Sachem will beat Floyd pretty easily. I give Floyd and their coaches credit. What a great run they have had. As they say all good things must come to an end. It is our time. I believe the reason North lost to Commack is partly because they were looking ahead to Floyd. I believe this is a very important game for North. Floyd has ended North's season the last 4 years. I will make a prediction. Sachem North wins by 3 touchdowns! Our time has finally come!
I have to say history isn't on SN side. Since 2004 Floyd has beaten SN 11 out of 12 times, and has outscored them 378 - 152.
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#8210 Oct 17, 2013
Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> brothers wedding out of town
Detroit he couldn't miss all the looting its what they do best.
Pat-Med 88

Indio, CA

#8211 Oct 17, 2013
sac north wrote:
<quoted text> I think Sachem will beat Floyd pretty easily. I give Floyd and their coaches credit. What a great run they have had. As they say all good things must come to an end. It is our time. I believe the reason North lost to Commack is partly because they were looking ahead to Floyd. I believe this is a very important game for North. Floyd has ended North's season the last 4 years. I will make a prediction. Sachem North wins by 3 touchdowns! Our time has finally come!
I happen to like what Dave Falco said after the Commack game "That was the best 10th seed I've ever seen". HMMMMMMMMM. I wonder if he was being sarcastic or not? Now if SN learns how to stop the passing game of opponents, Commack's QB Rob Paccione was 10/22 137 yards and a score, he also carried the ball 6 times for 27 yards and 2 scores, plus learn how to pass the ball instead of just trying to pound the ball ever game, they may actually win another Suffolk County Championship
Pat-Med 88

Indio, CA

#8212 Oct 17, 2013
Week #6 Suffolk Predictions:

Division I:

#5 Pat-Med 32
#4 Northport 24

#2 Sachem North 27
#1 Floyd 30

Division II:

#2 Bay Shore 22
#1 East Islip 38

#3 Riverhead 37
#7 Walt Whitman 12

Division III:

#2 Huntington 14
#1 Miller Place 28

#7 Islip 35
#3 Sayville 21

Division IV:

#2 Mt. Sinai 20
#1 Babylon 40

#7 Bayport/Blue Point 14
#3 Shoreham/Wading River 32
Pat-Med 88

Indio, CA

#8213 Oct 17, 2013
Week #6 Nassau Predictions:

Conference I:

VSC 10
Farmingdale 44

Massapequa 27
Oceanside 30

Conference II:

Garden City 27
Wantagh 21

Long Beach 30
South Side 19

Conference III:

Lawrence 38
Lynbrook 24

Hewlett 22
Floral Park 17

Conference IV:

North Shore 13
Seaford 27

Locust Valley 22
West Hempstead 33
New Sailor

Wilmington, DE

#8216 Oct 18, 2013
Gauntley made Long Island proud. Currently serving 2 years.
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>catapano Nassau always picks somebody who has no chance to succeed in college.the Thorpe should be the guy who will make Nassau look good--jim brown matt snell the rest of the pro's didn't win it--its a joke except for zeroue from mehemp,whatever that schools name is---its not a football power,in fact,its 99% white and he was black--you tell me
HS Football

Franklin Square, NY

#8217 Oct 18, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
Week #6 Nassau Predictions:
Conference I:
VSC 10
Farmingdale 44
Massapequa 27
Oceanside 30
Conference II:
Garden City 27
Wantagh 21
Long Beach 30
South Side 19
Conference III:
Lawrence 38
Lynbrook 24
Hewlett 22
Floral Park 17
Conference IV:
North Shore 13
Seaford 27
Locust Valley 22
West Hempstead 33
take locust valley plus 11
your perfect

Baldwin, NY

#8218 Oct 18, 2013
New Sailor wrote:
Gauntley made Long Island proud. Currently serving 2 years.
<quoted text>
That is suppose to mean?? Sh*t happens! Hell guys in the NFL are getting in trouble!!
NY Football Fan

New York, NY

#8219 Oct 18, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to like what Dave Falco said after the Commack game "That was the best 10th seed I've ever seen". HMMMMMMMMM. I wonder if he was being sarcastic or not? Now if SN learns how to stop the passing game of opponents, Commack's QB Rob Paccione was 10/22 137 yards and a score, he also carried the ball 6 times for 27 yards and 2 scores, plus learn how to pass the ball instead of just trying to pound the ball ever game, they may actually win another Suffolk County Championship
Still can't get over the #10 seed thing with Commack can you? Ask yourself this... Floyd was pre-season #1. Why? Because they are Floyd. Commack was pre-season #10. Why? because they are Commack. It's that simple. Commack coach himself is very surprised at how well 1st year starters are playing this year. Their QB did not take a snap last year. He is playing great this year as a 1st year starter and is a big reason why Commack is playing so well. QB position was a BIG question mark going into this season for Commack. Real strength of Commack team is their defense. Commack did give up some passing yardage to Sachem North, but that was only because they had 8-9 in box on every play and were committed to stop the run, which they did.

In my opinion there are six teams in DIV I that are in the mix:

Floyd
Sachem North
Connetquot
Northport
Pat Med
Commack

I think this is great. In previous years it was always Floyd and a prayer for everyone else.
bigtool

Patchogue, NY

#8220 Oct 18, 2013
New Sailor wrote:
Gauntley made Long Island proud. Currently serving 2 years.
<quoted text>
newsday loved him they must have written 8 stories about him but not one time did they say he is a bum.he was a bum and he could have been good.the street usually wins with these black kids,why?
An Old Sailor

AOL

#8222 Oct 18, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
Week #6 Nassau Predictions:
Conference I:
VSC 10
Farmingdale 44
Massapequa 27
Oceanside 30
Conference II:
Garden City 27
Wantagh 21
Long Beach 30
South Side 19
Conference III:
Lawrence 38
Lynbrook 24
Hewlett 22
Floral Park 17
Conference IV:
North Shore 13
Seaford 27
Locust Valley 22
West Hempstead 33
Tough week for predictions because there are some really good matchups. I think Oceanside loses by a touchdown. I don't think Central scores against Farmingdale unless Buddy puts in third string. Lawrence either wins by a blowout or loses by a touchdown. I don't think it's just a 14 point win. Garden City beats Wantagh by only 7?
Pat-Med. have you ever asked Newsday why they bother to put 2 W/L columns in the standings. They don't paly anything but league games so why do they waste the ink? I'd ask Sarra myself but I haven't talked to him since college.
HS Football

Franklin Square, NY

#8223 Oct 18, 2013
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough week for predictions because there are some really good matchups. I think Oceanside loses by a touchdown. I don't think Central scores against Farmingdale unless Buddy puts in third string. Lawrence either wins by a blowout or loses by a touchdown. I don't think it's just a 14 point win. Garden City beats Wantagh by only 7?
Pat-Med. have you ever asked Newsday why they bother to put 2 W/L columns in the standings. They don't paly anything but league games so why do they waste the ink? I'd ask Sarra myself but I haven't talked to him since college.
oceanside will win

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 min Doug77 16,070
John Flammer Mays Landing Filthy Prosecutor 5 min Plottmasteram 1
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 7 min Jennifer 63
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 23 min jimi-yank 332,145
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 40 min TMAN_Mets 11,991
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 41,558
Time to go? (Jun '15) 1 hr State of Florida 12,568

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages