bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#8192 Oct 17, 2013
HS Football wrote:
<quoted text>
the kid has thrown for 1095 yds. 12 td's, and runs for his life every saturday because the line is young and suspect. He still is among the elite and needs 261 yds. to become all time LI Passing yds leader for career, i think lawrence has to run fredericks wild again and should put simon jones on O line!!
Bethpage is back I wouldn't put the Lawrence qb in my top 20 in long island history and I have seen them all.not knocking the kid but lets be real no defense on long island at all--except THE X-FACTOR.
HS Football

Elmont, NY

#8193 Oct 17, 2013
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>Bethpage is back I wouldn't put the Lawrence qb in my top 20 in long island history and I have seen them all.not knocking the kid but lets be real no defense on long island at all--except THE X-FACTOR.
gotta be in top 20 u kidding? And yes Bethpage, Lawrence, Plainedge and Lynbrook all could win the nassau 3.
Rebel

United States

#8194 Oct 17, 2013
HS Football wrote:
<quoted text>
the kid has thrown for 1095 yds. 12 td's, and runs for his life every saturday because the line is young and suspect. He still is among the elite and needs 261 yds. to become all time LI Passing yds leader for career, i think lawrence has to run fredericks wild again and should put simon jones on O line!!
Can you imagine Simon Jones on the O line blocking for Fredericks. If Lawrence fixes their line problems they will once again do really well.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8195 Oct 17, 2013
NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not what I'm saying. However, the coaches obviously all agreed that Commack would take a bigger hit than other teams and last year was a one and done type of season. They all saw Commack play last year. Their key contributors were the three players I mentioned in prior post. All 12 Div I coaches agree on the seedings. I am sure not one of those coaches left the meeting worrying that Commack ended up a #10 seed. But now that they are 5-0 people start looking for reasons and justification. How about this ... They are a good team. They can only play who is on their schedule. Next up...they play #7 seed Lindy this Saturday who BTW gave your team all they could handle last Friday...
So did Pat-Med win the game or loss it? They come back and score 14 points in the fourth quarter? I would exactly say Commack had a field day against Sachem East(1-4)beating them 20-7, a team that's points for/against is 33-101. At least Lindenhurst has scored over 100 points (104-155). At least Lindenhurst plays a real schedule, they play #1 Floyd,#2 Sachem North,#3 Connetquot, and #5 Pat-Med. Opponents combined won/loss record 14-11. I also give them a lot of credit with taking the #7 pre-seed after goine 2-6 last season. I also give Sachem East a lot of credit for taking the #8 pre-seed after going 7-6 and losing one of the best players in Suffolk County, Steve Casalli. Sachem East also plays #2 Sachem North, and #1 Floyd. Pat-Med was 3-5 last season and took the #5 pre-seed and they play #3 Connetquot,#1 Floyd and #2 Sachem North. At least they're not like Commack who was 6-2 during the regular season and seeded #5 during the playoff's only to sand bag their pre-seeding at #10. Again Commack's combined opponents won/loss record is 8-17 the worst out of all the 12 teams in Nassau Conference I and Suffolk Division I.

When they reach the final four then the respect is deserved.
sac north

Holbrook, NY

#8196 Oct 17, 2013
NY Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not what I'm saying. However, the coaches obviously all agreed that Commack would take a bigger hit than other teams and last year was a one and done type of season. They all saw Commack play last year. Their key contributors were the three players I mentioned in prior post. All 12 Div I coaches agree on the seedings. I am sure not one of those coaches left the meeting worrying that Commack ended up a #10 seed. But now that they are 5-0 people start looking for reasons and justification. How about this ... They are a good team. They can only play who is on their schedule. Next up...they play #7 seed Lindy this Saturday who BTW gave your team all they could handle last Friday...
I would say when it comes to seeds the real responsibility falls on the coach of the team. I am sure the other coaches have to take the coach at his word. If the other coaches let him be 10 then he must have said he was going to be weak this year. I was at the game when they beat North. That team had plenty of excellent players. That coached sandbagged big time and that is crap. I can't wait for Sachem North to play them again after they actually have to play couple of tough teams in playoffs.
NY Football Fan

United States

#8197 Oct 17, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
So did Pat-Med win the game or loss it? They come back and score 14 points in the fourth quarter? I would exactly say Commack had a field day against Sachem East(1-4)beating them 20-7, a team that's points for/against is 33-101. At least Lindenhurst has scored over 100 points (104-155). At least Lindenhurst plays a real schedule, they play #1 Floyd,#2 Sachem North,#3 Connetquot, and #5 Pat-Med. Opponents combined won/loss record 14-11. I also give them a lot of credit with taking the #7 pre-seed after goine 2-6 last season. I also give Sachem East a lot of credit for taking the #8 pre-seed after going 7-6 and losing one of the best players in Suffolk County, Steve Casalli. Sachem East also plays #2 Sachem North, and #1 Floyd. Pat-Med was 3-5 last season and took the #5 pre-seed and they play #3 Connetquot,#1 Floyd and #2 Sachem North. At least they're not like Commack who was 6-2 during the regular season and seeded #5 during the playoff's only to sand bag their pre-seeding at #10. Again Commack's combined opponents won/loss record is 8-17 the worst out of all the 12 teams in Nassau Conference I and Suffolk Division I.
When they reach the final four then the respect is deserved.
Commack gave up 50 total yards of offense to Sachem East that day. Sachem East only TD was because Commack didn't field a punt cleanly and Sachem East got ball inside the Commack 5. Commack moved the ball up and down the field all day. They fumbled on QB exchange inside Sachem East 5 in 2nd Qtr and also fumbled at Sachem East 1 yard line in 3rd qtr. Game ended with Commack taking a knee with 2 minutes left at SE 2 yd line. They could have punched it in, but didn't. So the final score of this game does not tell the true story. Commack dominated this game.

You are so hung up on Commack's schedule. Get over it. If you have such a problem with it, email all the Suff Division I coaches and ask them what they were thinking at the ratings meetings.

I'll tell you what... Let's let the next few weeks play out and see where eveyone stands. Lot's of good quality teams in DIV I this year.
HS Football

Elmont, NY

#8198 Oct 17, 2013
Newsday weekly stats for football left out Joe Capobianco's game vs plainedge 20/32 278 yds. It should be 1095 not 817 and 54/83. Not bad Catapano having great year with 1135 yds 18 td's for Carey.
HS Football

Elmont, NY

#8200 Oct 17, 2013
early thorpe nassau talk

jenkins -farmingdale

catapano-carey

akins--roosevelt

Fredericks--Lawrence
F Fan

Patchogue, NY

#8201 Oct 17, 2013
sac north wrote:
<quoted text> I know Sachem North lost a tough game and not trying to take anything away from them but it is not fair that Commack with all those guys coming back ask for a ten seed. Now they don't have to play Floyd, Patch, Conn. That's a lot of tough physical games they don't have to play. Sachem plays all tough teams. You get banged up playing those teams. Shame on their coach asking for a low seed. Looking forward to North giving Floyd their 3rd loss of regular season. When was last time Floyd lost 3 regular season games?
So Sachem N. is going to hand Floyd their 3rd. loss. Does the loss to Commack figure in to the easy run to the L.I.C. that you predicted. Thats a lot of confidence in a team that hasn't won anything in 20 years and rarely beats Floyd! Well, i guess Sachem should win. We'll see soon enough. Good luck to your Sachem North team the rest of the way. I don't believe they are going to have an easy time making it to the LIC. Several quality teams in Div. 1.
ChiefFan1

Massapequa, NY

#8202 Oct 17, 2013
HS Football wrote:
early thorpe nassau talk
jenkins -farmingdale
catapano-carey
akins--roosevelt
Fredericks--Lawrence
i heard jenkins didnt play last week. anyone know why?
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#8203 Oct 17, 2013
ChiefFan1 wrote:
<quoted text>
i heard jenkins didnt play last week. anyone know why?
brothers wedding out of town
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#8205 Oct 17, 2013
HS Football wrote:
early thorpe nassau talk
jenkins -farmingdale
catapano-carey
akins--roosevelt
Fredericks--Lawrence
catapano Nassau always picks somebody who has no chance to succeed in college.the Thorpe should be the guy who will make Nassau look good--jim brown matt snell the rest of the pro's didn't win it--its a joke except for zeroue from mehemp,whatever that schools name is---its not a football power,in fact,its 99% white and he was black--you tell me
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8206 Oct 17, 2013
F Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So Sachem N. is going to hand Floyd their 3rd. loss. Does the loss to Commack figure in to the easy run to the L.I.C. that you predicted. Thats a lot of confidence in a team that hasn't won anything in 20 years and rarely beats Floyd! Well, i guess Sachem should win. We'll see soon enough. Good luck to your Sachem North team the rest of the way. I don't believe they are going to have an easy time making it to the LIC. Several quality teams in Div. 1.
Floyd can never be counted out. Last season the also lost two games, but when it came to crunch time they always manage to pull something out of Coach Longo's hat. I think Floyd can beat Sachem North this weekend.
sac north

Holbrook, NY

#8207 Oct 17, 2013
F Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Sachem will beat Floyd pretty easily. I give Floyd and their coaches credit. What a great run they have had. As they say all good things must come to an end. It is our time. I believe the reason North lost to Commack is partly because they were looking ahead to Floyd. I believe this is a very important game for North. Floyd has ended North's season the last 4 years. I will make a prediction. Sachem North wins by 3 touchdowns! Our time has finally come!
suffolkIII

West Islip, NY

#8208 Oct 17, 2013
Floyd has ended North's season the last 4 years. I will make a prediction. Sachem North wins by 3 touchdowns! Our time has finally come!

Maybe but they will lose to Floyd in the playoffs if they meet...
History repeats itself again
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8209 Oct 17, 2013
sac north wrote:
<quoted text> I think Sachem will beat Floyd pretty easily. I give Floyd and their coaches credit. What a great run they have had. As they say all good things must come to an end. It is our time. I believe the reason North lost to Commack is partly because they were looking ahead to Floyd. I believe this is a very important game for North. Floyd has ended North's season the last 4 years. I will make a prediction. Sachem North wins by 3 touchdowns! Our time has finally come!
I have to say history isn't on SN side. Since 2004 Floyd has beaten SN 11 out of 12 times, and has outscored them 378 - 152.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#8210 Oct 17, 2013
Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> brothers wedding out of town
Detroit he couldn't miss all the looting its what they do best.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8211 Oct 17, 2013
sac north wrote:
<quoted text> I think Sachem will beat Floyd pretty easily. I give Floyd and their coaches credit. What a great run they have had. As they say all good things must come to an end. It is our time. I believe the reason North lost to Commack is partly because they were looking ahead to Floyd. I believe this is a very important game for North. Floyd has ended North's season the last 4 years. I will make a prediction. Sachem North wins by 3 touchdowns! Our time has finally come!
I happen to like what Dave Falco said after the Commack game "That was the best 10th seed I've ever seen". HMMMMMMMMM. I wonder if he was being sarcastic or not? Now if SN learns how to stop the passing game of opponents, Commack's QB Rob Paccione was 10/22 137 yards and a score, he also carried the ball 6 times for 27 yards and 2 scores, plus learn how to pass the ball instead of just trying to pound the ball ever game, they may actually win another Suffolk County Championship
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8212 Oct 17, 2013
Week #6 Suffolk Predictions:

Division I:

#5 Pat-Med 32
#4 Northport 24

#2 Sachem North 27
#1 Floyd 30

Division II:

#2 Bay Shore 22
#1 East Islip 38

#3 Riverhead 37
#7 Walt Whitman 12

Division III:

#2 Huntington 14
#1 Miller Place 28

#7 Islip 35
#3 Sayville 21

Division IV:

#2 Mt. Sinai 20
#1 Babylon 40

#7 Bayport/Blue Point 14
#3 Shoreham/Wading River 32
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#8213 Oct 17, 2013
Week #6 Nassau Predictions:

Conference I:

VSC 10
Farmingdale 44

Massapequa 27
Oceanside 30

Conference II:

Garden City 27
Wantagh 21

Long Beach 30
South Side 19

Conference III:

Lawrence 38
Lynbrook 24

Hewlett 22
Floral Park 17

Conference IV:

North Shore 13
Seaford 27

Locust Valley 22
West Hempstead 33

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min DonPanic 48,589
TSA seizes weapons day before Thanksgiving 41 min Hooogle It 4
SSD solution for cleaning black note for sale here (Jul '13) 1 hr kingisking 18
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr -Michelle- 306,600
Michael Brown's parents' occupations? 1 hr Liberal Lover 2
Elton John Founds Frankie Knuckles HIV Fund (Apr '14) 2 hr knuckles deep goa... 17
What's wrong with Tman, good ole Momma Chamberlin 3 hr Todds World 226

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson-Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson-Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:11 am PST