HS FOOTBALL

Parsippany, NJ

#6729 Aug 30, 2013
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>Hempstead but very close--garden city better coaching--Lawrence again very close---bellport too many bro's--bethpage
good matchups, so Hempstead, GC, Lawrence, Bellport, Bethpage

ok
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#6730 Aug 30, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
If your talking about the Dolan's pulling the plug on MSG Varsity, that started back in February when they laid of dozens of employees and started selling off all their high tech TV vans. I wouldn't be surprised if you see Time Warner Cable pick up the HS games in the tri-state. Last year they started a High School football program for the upstate schools and expanded it this year. Gave away a lot of money.
not the real reason. Hopefully it comes out eventually. All i can say is Dolan is an a hole and that is all o can say right now
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#6731 Aug 30, 2013
HS FOOTBALL wrote:
<quoted text>
HEARD Cap and a few others of the starters won't play much at all that the coach was looking at other players battling for spots and he was going to take it easy on certain kids. Also that they will go full tilt at Oceanside 9/3. We will see but just relaying the info from a very good close source.
i expect all starters against Mass and Wantagh. A lot of non starters against VSC. Guess we shall see tomorrow
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#6732 Aug 30, 2013
Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> not the real reason. Hopefully it comes out eventually. All i can say is Dolan is an a hole and that is all o can say right now
Some of the word of mouth was Sandy was responsible, other's said that MSG Varsity and the Optimum Local lost money. Who knows. If TWC does pick up the tri-state area, they will do a much better job of programming. They have a great high school football sports show Up State.
HS FOOTBALL

Parsippany, NJ

#6733 Aug 30, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the word of mouth was Sandy was responsible, other's said that MSG Varsity and the Optimum Local lost money. Who knows. If TWC does pick up the tri-state area, they will do a much better job of programming. They have a great high school football sports show Up State.
sad i thought it was good for LI, hopefully you are correct and TWC PICKS it up.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#6734 Aug 30, 2013
HS FOOTBALL wrote:
<quoted text>
sad i thought it was good for LI, hopefully you are correct and TWC PICKS it up.
TWC has a website for the Up State Cable show, it's really good. So was the game of the week on Channel 12 until they pulled the plug on that in I believe 1997.
Da Fan

New York, NY

#6735 Aug 30, 2013
Hs football wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Floyd scrimmage Pat Med don't they play regular season on 9/27
. Makes no sense. Neither team is going to show the other team anything. Longo is very vanilla I'm scrimmages as it is.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#6736 Aug 30, 2013
HS FOOTBALL wrote:
<quoted text>
good matchups, so Hempstead, GC, Lawrence, Bellport, Bethpage
ok
ok ok its what would have happened please don't ever doubt.
Da Fan

New York, NY

#6737 Aug 30, 2013
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
. When was this decision made? I thought I saw a commercial the other day that said it was moving to a different channel. I thought they did a good job.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#6738 Aug 30, 2013
HS FOOTBALL wrote:
<quoted text>
the ratings were horrible because only the players and parents watched.long island is a pro sport place that's it and will always be.still the dolans are clowns with money just like woody is a clown--the jewish guy doesn't have any more money but when he did he was a jerk.
Da Fan

New York, NY

#6739 Aug 30, 2013
Channel 614 is msg varsity interactive. Don't know what that is but its there.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#6740 Aug 30, 2013
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>. When was this decision made? I thought I saw a commercial the other day that said it was moving to a different channel. I thought they did a good job.
They started layoff employees and selling off some of their high tech TV vans in February of this year. They did do a good job, but apparently not enough revenue was coming in to continue. I'm hoping TWC take it over, as I said when I travel up state I turn on the games that they televise. They do a great job.

I just finished watching the NYSPHSAA Class C Lacrosse final between Cazenovia and Bronxville. We lost 13-11 on TWC's new Sports Cable Channel.
suffolkIII

East Islip, NY

#6741 Aug 30, 2013
I often wondered why anyone at any level would hire Raff. He know nothing about anything and is a complete JERK. Mike Quick must keep him on payroll because Raff can even make Quick look smart!!!
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#6742 Aug 30, 2013
suffolkIII wrote:
I often wondered why anyone at any level would hire Raff. He know nothing about anything and is a complete JERK. Mike Quick must keep him on payroll because Raff can even make Quick look smart!!!
he is a great man.leave him alone you don't understand his genius.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#6743 Aug 30, 2013
Da Fan wrote:
Channel 614 is msg varsity interactive. Don't know what that is but its there.
If you go to msgvarsity.com and look at the live game schedule, you will notice that they have some games for NJ, a couple for Hudson Valley and couple for Westcherster, but none for Long Island. This close to the season opener I would expect they would have a schedule already.
SCFB

New York, NY

#6744 Aug 30, 2013
MSG will ONLY be broadcast through On-Demand Ch. 614. Still doing a ton of games live on-line & delayed broadcast.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#6745 Aug 30, 2013
I see Army beat up on Morgan State, 28-12
Da Fan

New York, NY

#6746 Aug 30, 2013
SCFB wrote:
MSG will ONLY be broadcast through On-Demand Ch. 614. Still doing a ton of games live on-line & delayed broadcast.
. What about Quick 60. Is Mike Quick going back to the regular MSG channel like he was before MSG Varsity or is he only on the on demand channel? Or maybe he's gone all together?
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

#6747 Aug 30, 2013
On August 29, 2013 Cablevision pulled the plug on "linear TV" version of the MSG Varsity. Cablevision Opitimum scubscribers may no longer be able to watch live High School football games on TV.

So how much is it to watch this new "on-demand" Channel 614? Up here in Westchester (Bronxville), I have TWC.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#6748 Aug 30, 2013
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>. What about Quick 60. Is Mike Quick going back to the regular MSG channel like he was before MSG Varsity or is he only on the on demand channel? Or maybe he's gone all together?
as Hillary has said'" what DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE". WHO CARES ASK DOLAN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 17 min Analog man 9,438
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Pearl Jam 306,952
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 3 hr Nbam 1,653
Would you participate in a class action law sui... (Apr '13) Dec 5 Deneb 58
Any small store owners looking for discounted h... Oct '14 savyseller8 1
Constant parades on 37th Ave. ae a constant pai... Oct '14 truthteller 1
NY Paw Pals High quality low cost pet service. Aug '14 NY Paw Pals 1

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match