Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
Corners and Knees

River Edge, NJ

#6652 Aug 26, 2013
Just a question. Why do the Long Island schools continue to play playoff games at Hofstra? The school thinks football is worthless. Why give their venue any time at all?
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#6653 Aug 26, 2013
stony will lose in the beginning this year and watch the crowds get smaller and smaller most likely will average about 3,500 which is d3 numbers.
Pat-Med 88

Indio, CA

#6654 Aug 26, 2013
bigtool wrote:
stony will lose in the beginning this year and watch the crowds get smaller and smaller most likely will average about 3,500 which is d3 numbers.
I don't believe that will happen even with being in a New Conference. Out of the 11 game schedule for 2013, SBU has played 6 of those teams(Colgate, Villanova, Buffalo, Albany, Bryant, and New Hampshire)over the past 6 years and has a 7-4 record against them. The other teams like Rhode Island, Townson, Maine, Richmond and James Madison there is no history. The first three games are away(Rhode Island, Buffalo, and Villanova. They play their first game at home on 09/26 v. Townson.
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#6655 Aug 26, 2013
I see 1-3 with winning at rhode island 4-7 overall.sorry but they will be lucky to be that
Pat-Med 88

Indio, CA

#6656 Aug 26, 2013
bigtool wrote:
I see 1-3 with winning at rhode island 4-7 overall.sorry but they will be lucky to be that
We'll find out soon enough. On 09/31 the have a scrimmage against Penn.
Pat-Med 88

Indio, CA

#6657 Aug 26, 2013
Meant 08/31 scrimmage against Penn.
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#6658 Aug 26, 2013
penn stinks
Corners and Knees

River Edge, NJ

#6659 Aug 26, 2013
bigtool wrote:
penn stinks
Penn does not stink. It is outstanding football. No it is not the BCS but Ivy League football is very good.
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#6660 Aug 26, 2013
Corners and Knees wrote:
<quoted text>
Penn does not stink. It is outstanding football. No it is not the BCS but Ivy League football is very good.
go to franklin field and watch them play Lafayette its unwatchable.
Pat-Med 88

Indio, CA

#6661 Aug 26, 2013
bigtool wrote:
penn stinks
Not sure if they stink, but you made your point.
An Old Sailor

AOL

#6663 Aug 26, 2013
Corners and Knees wrote:
<quoted text>
I will watch a few minutes of Ivy League football on YES, and I agree you do see some good football. I wish the Ivy League champion would take a bid to play in a lower tier bowl and see how they would do against a BCS team.
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#6664 Aug 26, 2013
yea yale vs central michagan central michgan 68 yale 12.
Mr Lawrence

New York, NY

#6665 Aug 26, 2013
Lawrence will win.
Pat-Med 88

Indio, CA

#6666 Aug 26, 2013
I was reading today that the CA CIF has finally done the ridiculous. They passed the "school of choice" policy. According to this "Pandora's Box" nightmare policy, it states that any high school student can attend or transfer to any high school in the state, regardless of where they live. Can't wait to see the enrollment repercussions from this stupid policy. I know the state had a problem with student transfers, but I figured they were going to tighten up the rules and go the other way. Now the state is really going to see a major shift of power with certain High Schools in all major sports.
SCFB

Medford, NY

#6667 Aug 26, 2013
Is anyone going to check out specific scrimmages this Saturday? What teams are going to the Bay Shore scrimmage? I know Bay Shore obviously, Sayville, Pat-Med, Floyd...but who else?

Other scrimmages of note...

1. Sachem East, Sm. East, WB, MP, SWR & Bellport

2. Connetquot, St. Johns, Harborfields & West Islip

3. Smithtown West, KP, Commack & Babylon

4. Sachem North, Riverhead, WHB...??

5. Huntington, Whitman, Northport...??

6. Comsewogue, HHH East, RP, Bayport-BP

7. Brentwood, Amityville, CI

Corners and Knees

River Edge, NJ

#6668 Aug 27, 2013
Yes. Central Michigan would beat Penn by quite a few points. So what? The quality of play in the Ivy League is equitable. It is well played football. The Patriot League plays outstanding football as well. Most importantly, the kids are actually going to class as well.
I guess Mt. Union doesn't have any players either.
suffolkIII

Sayville, NY

#6669 Aug 27, 2013
Is anyone going to check out specific scrimmages this Saturday? What teams are going to the Bay Shore scrimmage? I know Bay Shore obviously, Sayville, Pat-Med, Floyd...but who else?
Other scrimmages of note...
1. Sachem East, Sm. East, WB, MP, SWR & Bellport
2. Connetquot, St. Johns, Harborfields & West Islip
3. Smithtown West, KP, Commack & Babylon
4. Sachem North, Riverhead, WHB...??
5. Huntington, Whitman, Northport...??
6. Comsewogue, HHH East, RP, Bayport-BP
7. Brentwood, Amityville, CI

Bayshore has had N. Babylon, Islip Wyandanch. and Farmingdale, Freeport and Westbury from Nassau
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#6670 Aug 27, 2013
"the danch" wait till you see their food truck its worth the trip
An Old Sailor

AOL

#6671 Aug 27, 2013
Hey tool, very interesting that you give kudos to the "smart players" at Garden City. Yet, you don't seem as enthused about the Ivy League which probably has some of the smartest athletes in the country.
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#6672 Aug 27, 2013
An Old Sailor wrote:
Hey tool, very interesting that you give kudos to the "smart players" at Garden City. Yet, you don't seem as enthused about the Ivy League which probably has some of the smartest athletes in the country.
because the smart garden city kids play lacrosse,and that's smart.the lower rung play football.i have tried the fish possem taco from "the danch" its great and if you are garden city smart you will make a trip.the football might not be so good but the atmosphere is electric.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 min the don 40,937
winning 2 min end100 1
Anyone know Nicole Figueroa (May '14) 3 min Cash In Pocket 4
News Shirley massage therapists arrested for offerin... (Apr '08) 6 min Cash In Pocket 200
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 11 min Corey 330,737
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 24 min SweLL GirL 15,867
OWS Defeated: Bernie Sanders Endorses Hillary C... 49 min Wall Street 2016 4

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages