Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

Interesting how many residents of Patchogue had no idea that Patchogue actually had two high schools located within a 2 mile radius from 1937 thru 1974 (Seton Hall was the other one located on West Roe Blvd and closed in 1974). In fact the HC football coach later went on to become the Superintendent of Patchogue-Medford High school for many years. Henry Reed and Frank Layden made an excellent coaching tandum. Frank Layden went on the coach at Niagra University and I believe the NBA's Utah Jazz.

Patchogue lost a lot of good athlete's to Seton Hall. My father said they used to scrimmage Seton Hall during the '60's and that they were very good. He was friendly with a couple of the players, Steve Kretz, Bill Arnouk, Fred Strade. One of the Rooney's attended SH, John Rooney.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

john rooney big deal who is he.in the 60's Suffolk football,in fact Suffolk sports was vastly inferior to Nassau.we used to play them pre-season.its what Nassau coaches did when he wanted to build confidence for his team.it was a joke.not now but it was then.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2013

bigtool wrote:
john rooney big deal who is he.in the 60's Suffolk football,in fact Suffolk sports was vastly inferior to Nassau.we used to play them pre-season.its what Nassau coaches did when he wanted to build confidence for his team.it was a joke.not now but it was then.
Lets see, John Rooney #18(is related to Gary and Kevin Rooney from Patchogue-Medford HS) three year starting QB at Seton Hall (Patchogue, NY) who guided them to the Catholic League Football Championship in 1966 and was named to the Daily News All Star team as QB. Their Head Coach was Henry Read who has a career win record of 176 games (Seton Hall was closed in 1974). Was all Long Island in Baseball as a shortstop batting .402 for the year on a team that was undefeated and also won a Championship.

But just maybe John Rooney is a "code word" for Arnold Feldmen, the phantom football player from Lawrence, HMMMMMMMMMMMM.
bigtool

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

hot off the presses--the team to beat this year is,thats right, pat-med and if they don't win it will go down as a major coaching failure.a little pressure on that trailor park town.
HS FOOTBALL

Valley Stream, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

bigtool wrote:
hot off the presses--the team to beat this year is,thats right, pat-med and if they don't win it will go down as a major coaching failure.a little pressure on that trailor park town.
stanley ralph, willie workman remember them tool.
bigtool

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

HS FOOTBALL wrote:
<quoted text>
no.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

HS FOOTBALL wrote:
<quoted text>
Stanley Ralph played at Uniondale during the '70's. Then played at Illinois with other Uniondale football players from the '70's (Jim Tate, Larry Tate, and Larry Ferrol)and at one point was a co-captian. Not familiar with Willie Workman, but I have heard of John & Sammy Workman. Also Antonio Workman who graduated in 1981 also from Uniondale. I thought Bob Henry was also an excellent player.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

HS FOOTBALL wrote:
<quoted text>
By any chance did you mean Willie Washington? He played at Uniondale during the late '70's.
hs football

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
By any chance did you mean Willie Washington? He played at Uniondale during the late '70's.
Yea you are quite impressive with this history
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

hs football wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea you are quite impressive with this history
Thanks. Did you happen to read in Newsday about the Buckley (Justin and Shane) that got arrested in Babylon at 3:30 AM?
bigtool

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
what difference Washington,workmen, Jefferson--that's code for black players you should be on rev al's racist hit list.but the blacks in the 60's and 70's were good and kinda and gentler and from two parent homes who stressed school that's why they most likey are doing well today and not on the racist travon martin bandwagon.
ChiefFan1

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Did you happen to read in Newsday about the Buckley (Justin and Shane) that got arrested in Babylon at 3:30 AM?
disgraceful. why were they out at 3:45 AM in suffolk county? terrible situation.
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

ChiefFan1 wrote:
<quoted text>
disgraceful. why were they out at 3:45 AM in suffolk county? terrible situation.
That's an excellent question?
bigtool

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

ChiefFan1 wrote:
<quoted text>
because they is irish and still had some drinking to do.
An Old Sailor

Lynbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a good situation with these two boys. That's about all I can say on the subject.
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a good situation with these two boys. That's about all I can say on the subject.
what happened why and why did newsday give it such big coverage--white kids that's why. trevon martin effect.please.
WI Fan

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Anyone feel free to answer, who are your top 5 players for the hansen going into this year?
bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

#1 miles accroa,port jeff #2 Washington Jefferson "the danch" #3 tony weiner Sayville #4 dick hurts Huntington #5 ed trailor floyd
Pat-Med 88

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

WI Fan wrote:
Anyone feel free to answer, who are your top 5 players for the hansen going into this year?
I'll start the discussion off.

Marcus Coles - Floyd

Chris Faison - Floyd

Jerimiah Cheatom - Riverhead

Malik Pierre - Sachem North

Connor Coughlin - Pat-Med
bob

Sag Harbor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll start the discussion off.
Marcus Coles - Floyd
Chris Faison - Floyd
Jerimiah Cheatom - Riverhead
Malik Pierre - Sachem North
Connor Coughlin - Pat-Med
my vote will go to connor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 min Paul Yanks 305,755
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 17 min Jack 34,985
The REAL problem with Obamacare (Jan '14) 20 min Pollys Opinion 114
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Mothra 45,790
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 33 min Bruser 7,856
What's wrong with Tman, good ole Momma Chamberlin 56 min Paul Yanks 54
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr The_Box 305,088
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••