Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
lawrence fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5556 Jan 22, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You could not be any more incorrect. The Nassau coaches in no way thought Lawrence was better than Farmingdale or Garden City. Lawrence was awarded the Cup because the coaches had no choice based on their undefeated season and Farmingdale and Garden City each having lost games. The Cup is awarded to the team that had the best season not the best team. If it was awarded to the best team it would go to a Conf one team 9 out of 10 years. Congratulations to Lawrence for setting the record for points scored but it was done against incredibly poor competition. Anyone you talk to about high school football will tell you that conf 3 was very bad this year. With that said you cant take away from what Lawrence accomplished. They did not make their schedule, they only played the schedule they were given. Congratulations to them on a great season.
so u spoke to all 50 coaches that voted and said Lawrence is not the best team but we all have to vote for them anyway. That is to funny and Lawrence had 39 votes farm had 5 and Gc had 3 first place votes. They had the best season but are not the best team. Also beat pequa in game situation without Robinson and Frederick's playing and beat them handily how did pequa do in con 1 this past season
Conf I Fan

East Meadow, NY

#5557 Jan 22, 2013
lawrence fan wrote:
<quoted text> I can tell you honestly alot of the times it is political and has been for years. Not taking anything away from who won. Do not want to get into the Thorpe award voting situation what I was told and what happened. Season is over I will leave it at that and do not want to get anyone into any controversy at this point. Really don't want to comment on it anymore but not lying
That is not fair because you are insinuating that the thorp voting was not on the level. Why dont you tell your story and I will tell mine. Do you know who was on the committee? If you are not going to elaborate you should not have said a word. Really unfair to the winner and seems like some real sour grapes that a Lawrence kid didnt get it.
lawrence fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5558 Jan 22, 2013
Molinet Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Politics have always existed, and always will, in all of these awards.
Another example is how does Boyd @ Chaminade get picked as the MSG Varsity Tri-State Coach of the Year in comparison to Tony Karcich, St Joe's-Montvale or Chris Partridge, Paramus Catholic.
Chaminade's(10-1)record and beating Iona 2x and St. Anthony's 1x does not even come close to:
Tony Karcich, St. Joe's-Montvale who played, amongst other games:
-Good Counsel, DC(lost by 4).
-Xaverian Bros, Mass(Win).
-Bergen Catholic(Win).
-St. Peter's Prep(Win).
-Paramus Catholic(loss)
-Don Bosco on Thanksgiving(Win)
-Delbarton(Win) for NJ Group 3 Non-Public State Championship.
or
Chris Partridge, Paramus Catholic who played, amongst other games
-Delbarton(Win).
-Don Bosco(loss)
-St, Joe's-Montvale(Win)
-Friendship Academy, DC(Win)
-Bergen Catholic on Thanksgiving(loss).
-St. Peter's Prep(Win).
-Bergen Catholic(Win) in NJ Group 4 Non-Public State Championship.
All those representing LI-Sarra, Reuter, Herzog, Slawson, Lardner, etc... had to overule Quick, Cavallo, Levy, Devaney, Butler in their War Room for this one..... Notwithsatnding the fact it was Chaminade's 1st win vs since StA's since 1998(last 19 games) and maybe their 2nd win since 1992....That does not come close to comparing what Karcich or Partridge did on a much more competive & grander scale.
Politics in everything all around every single day.
thanks jason
lawrence fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5559 Jan 22, 2013
Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Something tells me it was capbianco that Newsday wanted the coach to put up.. If that's true it's very unfair to that coach to pick one if his players over another.. Newsday than should just pick who they want than and leave the coaches completely out of it and not ask the coaches to nominate kids if there going to do stuff like that complete bs if that's true but it sounds like u have inside info..
we all knew andrale was getting it and he is deserving of it.
lawrence fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5560 Jan 22, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not fair because you are insinuating that the thorp voting was not on the level. Why dont you tell your story and I will tell mine. Do you know who was on the committee? If you are not going to elaborate you should not have said a word. Really unfair to the winner and seems like some real sour grapes that a Lawrence kid didnt get it.
read some of the past posts. The rumblings were that Fredericks or Robinson would not win the Thorpe if they were put up for it. But the qb could. Lawrence put up the 2way player in Robinson. There were strong rumblings andrale was then going to win it and I am not saying at all that he did not deserve it. Andrale is a great player. Also buddy k told me he was voting for Lawrence for the cup because they were indeed the best team and had to much speed for his own dalers.

lawrence fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5561 Jan 22, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Old sailor come on now I know your better than this from reading your posts. You know East Meadow didnt make it to Hofstra for one reason and one reason only. They could not stop the pass this year and the last time I looked Andrle and Carvalho did not play in the secondary. Those two young men played pretty darn well against the two teams that played in the County final. In fact Andrle was easily the best player on the field in the East Meadow -Farmingdale game. I think that game alone got him the Thorp.
Also they didnt get to Hofstra this year but those two players were great at Hofstra and Stonybrook last year. East Meadow does not get to the LIC last year without either one of them. I am surprised at that comment from you. The Rutgers Cup is for the best team. Football is the ultimate team game. The best individual player does not have to come from the best team!!!
did u say the Rutgers cup is for the best team con1-gotcha
lawrence fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5562 Jan 22, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Old sailor come on now I know your better than this from reading your posts. You know East Meadow didnt make it to Hofstra for one reason and one reason only. They could not stop the pass this year and the last time I looked Andrle and Carvalho did not play in the secondary. Those two young men played pretty darn well against the two teams that played in the County final. In fact Andrle was easily the best player on the field in the East Meadow -Farmingdale game. I think that game alone got him the Thorp.
Also they didnt get to Hofstra this year but those two players were great at Hofstra and Stonybrook last year. East Meadow does not get to the LIC last year without either one of them. I am surprised at that comment from you. The Rutgers Cup is for the best team. Football is the ultimate team game. The best individual player does not have to come from the best team!!!
con1fan posts that the Rutgers cup is for the best team in a prior post to old sailor. Wow caught ya buddy
lawrence fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5563 Jan 22, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You could not be any more incorrect. The Nassau coaches in no way thought Lawrence was better than Farmingdale or Garden City. Lawrence was awarded the Cup because the coaches had no choice based on their undefeated season and Farmingdale and Garden City each having lost games. The Cup is awarded to the team that had the best season not the best team. If it was awarded to the best team it would go to a Conf one team 9 out of 10 years. Congratulations to Lawrence for setting the record for points scored but it was done against incredibly poor competition. Anyone you talk to about high school football will tell you that conf 3 was very bad this year. With that said you cant take away from what Lawrence accomplished. They did not make their schedule, they only played the schedule they were given. Congratulations to them on a great season.
con1 fan stated this also
outsider

United States

#5564 Jan 23, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
total bullshit conf 1 majority of coaches thought lawrence was best team that is a fact. lets leave it at that .
Conf I Fan

East Meadow, NY

#5566 Jan 23, 2013
I did write that guys but it was a general statement about the award. The Cup goes to the team that had the best season. I spoke to many of the coaches and they said they had to vote for Lawrence because they were undefeated and the other teams were not. You can get mad all you want but that is the fact. Anyone that says a team is better due to a scrimmage knows absolutely nothing about football.
lawrence fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5568 Jan 23, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
I did write that guys but it was a general statement about the award. The Cup goes to the team that had the best season. I spoke to many of the coaches and they said they had to vote for Lawrence because they were undefeated and the other teams were not. You can get mad all you want but that is the fact. Anyone that says a team is better due to a scrimmage knows absolutely nothing about football.
I did write that guys lol
lawrence fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5569 Jan 23, 2013
outsider wrote:
<quoted text> total bullshit conf 1 majority of coaches thought lawrence was best team that is a fact. lets leave it at that .
so true thank you
Mike Quick

AOL

#5571 Jan 24, 2013
Looks like the CHSFL is doing away with Class AAA, AA & A. They will all me merged into one League.
Conf I Fan

East Meadow, NY

#5572 Jan 24, 2013
I gotta tell ya I thought you guys would have a touch of humility ater Sayville beat the hell out of you on both sides of the line. Guess not. Thought your QB getting sacked 10 times would do it. Do you really think you can compete with conf I teams with that pathetic line play. Keep beating on those Conf III teams that lead to your delusion of playing with Conf I teams. hahahahaha. You might have the cup because the coaches had no choice but once again all the real awards went to Conf I as usual!!!!!!!! Let me know when the caliber of play in conf III gets above JV level and we will continue this debate.
Suff III

Sayville, NY

#5574 Jan 25, 2013
Lawrence or Sayville would have beaten any class II teams without any trouble. No so for class I 3 very good teams in suff. and 2 good teams in Class I Nassau. That said, the 2011 Sayville team would have beaten any Public school on Long Island.
Conf I Fan

East Meadow, NY

#5575 Jan 25, 2013
Suff III wrote:
Lawrence or Sayville would have beaten any class II teams without any trouble. No so for class I 3 very good teams in suff. and 2 good teams in Class I Nassau. That said, the 2011 Sayville team would have beaten any Public school on Long Island.
The 2011 Sayville team would have beaten William Floyd? That is a strong statement. That is the crazy thing about this forum. We all argue about things that can never be proven. I guess we can say whatever we want. That is an interesting one though.
Suff III

Sayville, NY

#5577 Jan 25, 2013
I was at the scrimmage. ask anyone that was there. Floyd scored once Sayville 3 times and the line was better
nassau

Brooklyn, NY

#5579 Jan 25, 2013
Conf I Fan wrote:
I gotta tell ya I thought you guys would have a touch of humility ater Sayville beat the hell out of you on both sides of the line. Guess not. Thought your QB getting sacked 10 times would do it. Do you really think you can compete with conf I teams with that pathetic line play. Keep beating on those Conf III teams that lead to your delusion of playing with Conf I teams. hahahahaha. You might have the cup because the coaches had no choice but once again all the real awards went to Conf I as usual!!!!!!!! Let me know when the caliber of play in conf III gets above JV level and we will continue this debate.
who did the NY state sportswriters vote as well as the coaches vote for player of the year. I did not know Joe capobianco won that real award from conference 1-thanks con1 fan
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#5581 Jan 26, 2013
Suff III wrote:
I was at the scrimmage. ask anyone that was there. Floyd scored once Sayville 3 times and the line was better
Scrimmages? Your not serious are you. I sure hope so. No one on this planet uses scrimmages as a barometer to compare teams, especially to say which is better. When they line up for real and the games go on the won/loss column, then you can preach.
inside info

Trumbull, CT

#5582 Jan 26, 2013
you guys can disagree on things all you want but ill tell you one that you can't disagree with. rob shaver the coach of plain edge is the biggest jerk and a-----e that i ever met TRUST ME

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 9 min jimi-yank 40,081
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 25 min Bruce dorito jenner 10,941
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min Into The Night 60,007
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 27 min Princess Hey 14,571
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 28 min jimi-yank 329,642
News CNN's Reality Check Team vets Trump's claims 3 hr Cat74 11
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr SweLL GirL 15,357
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages