Suff III

East Islip, NY

#5464 Dec 23, 2012
How much does Chaminade's success change things???

the biggest and most important change is> Molinet does not post on here anymore. I couldn't gave a rats ass about the catholic league
SCFB

Medford, NY

#5465 Dec 23, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
NYSPHSAA already has a format for including Section 8 & 11. By realigning Classes AA, A, & B. The only upstate Sections that would be in question are Sections 4, 7, & 10.
So what is the magical format?
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#5466 Dec 23, 2012
SCFB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you can email the Executive Administrator in charge of BEDS Data and they'll be able to tell you what format they were going to use if Section 8 and 11 joined the NYS Tournament in 1992-1993. I believe they were going to add a Class AAA.
mika

Auburn, CA

#5467 Dec 23, 2012
:)
SCFB

Medford, NY

#5468 Dec 23, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you can email the Executive Administrator in charge of BEDS Data and they'll be able to tell you what format they were going to use if Section 8 and 11 joined the NYS Tournament in 1992-1993. I believe they were going to add a Class AAA.
Just seems rather odd that they wouldn't come out with this to try and push public support for this to come through. From what I've heard...they are losing money hand-over-fist with the current championship set-up and Sections 9/1 are looking at what LI is doing with their current Championship arrangement. LIC's are highly profitable year after year and that is enticing to the heads of those sections. Seems logical from both a financial, geographical & classification arrangement for those Sections to join up with LI into a Down-State Championship. Would probably take out the 8-team playoffs, but would make for more interesting possibilities in the playoff scenarios.
WI Fan

West Islip, NY

#5469 Dec 24, 2012
Would love a "downstate" championship.
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#5471 Dec 24, 2012
WI Fan wrote:
How much does Chaminade's success change things???
Now it is not just St Anthonys. St Johns also had a nice season.
Will more top kids start going the private school route like they do in Jersey and other states????
1993 10-1 CHSFL title: beat Farrell, 21-13
1994 10-1 CHSFL title: beat Chaminade, 22-16
1995 11-0 CHSFL title: beat St. Francis Prep, 29-0
1996 9-2 CHSFL finalist: lost to Mount St. Michael, 21-7
1997 6-4 CHSFL finalist: lost to Mount St. Michael, 40-14
1998 7-3 CHSFL semifinalist
1999 9-2 CHSFL finalist: lost to Farrell, 6-0
2000 10-1 CHSFL finalist: lost to Farrell, 24-23
2001 10-1 CHSFL title: beat St. Francis Prep, 28-14
2002 11-0 CHSFL title: beat Chaminade, 34-32
2003 10-1 CHSFL title: beat Farrell, 31-12
2004 10-1 CHSFL title: beat Farrell, 17-14
2005 10-1 CHSFL title: beat Iona Prep, 28-7
2006 11-0 CHSFL title: beat Mount St. Michael, 21-20
2007 10-1 CHSFL title: beat Mount St. Michael, 26-20
2008 9-3 CHSFL finalist: lost to Iona Prep, 48-35
2009 10-1 CHSFL title: beat Holy Trinity, 28-21
2010 11-0 CHSFL title: beat Iona Prep, 41-23
2011 10-0 CHSFL title: beat Stepinac, 14-0
2012 8-3 CHSFL finalist: lost to Chaminade, 17-16

Since 1993: 190-27, 19 of last 20 CHSFL AAA Championship games, 13 CHSFL AAA Championships, numerous kids to 1A, 1AA, D2, D3 College Football Teams.

Impressive standard to match over the test of time.

How quickly all forget.
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#5472 Dec 24, 2012
SCFB wrote:
<quoted text>
Just seems rather odd that they wouldn't come out with this to try and push public support for this to come through. From what I've heard...they are losing money hand-over-fist with the current championship set-up and Sections 9/1 are looking at what LI is doing with their current Championship arrangement. LIC's are highly profitable year after year and that is enticing to the heads of those sections. Seems logical from both a financial, geographical & classification arrangement for those Sections to join up with LI into a Down-State Championship. Would probably take out the 8-team playoffs, but would make for more interesting possibilities in the playoff scenarios.
The NYSPHSAA did try to get Section 8 & 11 on board prior to the start of the 1993 NYS Football Tournament. Section 8 wanted no part of it and E.D. Cathy Gallagher of Section 11 was open to it. Not sure how profitable the LIC's are, but I sure the NYS Tournament isn't making any money, especially with the cost of leasing that huge Carrier Dome. I could see a Section 1, 9, 8 & 11 Tournament. That would be a start.
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#5473 Dec 27, 2012
?

Morganton, NC

#5474 Dec 27, 2012
?
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#5475 Dec 28, 2012
Scott Vallone to Play in 88th East-West Shrine Game

http://www.scarletknights.com/football/news/r...
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#5476 Dec 28, 2012
Homer Smith on Running the Option from I & Split:

http://smartfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2...
LIfan

Babylon, NY

#5478 Dec 30, 2012
SCFB wrote:
<quoted text>
There is none...if you go to nysphsaa.org and classification numbers and then sort descending you'll see that there is really no way to "even things out" that works for LI. That is, of course, unless you accept the idea that we need to come up with a system to narrow down 25-30 AA and A teams in suffolk and nassau respectively over a max of 10 games including playoffs. Remember, the nysphsaa wants to keep relatively even numbers of programs in each classification statewide.
SCFB

Medford, NY

#5479 Dec 30, 2012
LIfan wrote:
<quoted text>There is none...if you go to nysphsaa.org and classification numbers and then sort descending you'll see that there is really no way to "even things out" that works for LI. That is, of course, unless you accept the idea that we need to come up with a system to narrow down 25-30 AA and A teams in suffolk and nassau respectively over a max of 10 games including playoffs. Remember, the nysphsaa wants to keep relatively even numbers of programs in each classification statewide.
I agree 100% that it is nearly impossible to fairly include LI in the system. Unless they flex the numbers across the State...Section by Section, it is nearly impossible. I don't think the Upstate schools really want LI in the system anyhow to be honest or else they would be working harder to develop a TRUE State Championship. They know the outcome would be different if Sections 11 & 8 got involved. Best option again is to bring 9 & 1 into a Downstate Championship and forget about the rest of the State. It's currently just too complicated.
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

#5480 Dec 31, 2012
LIfan wrote:
<quoted text>There is none...if you go to nysphsaa.org and classification numbers and then sort descending you'll see that there is really no way to "even things out" that works for LI. That is, of course, unless you accept the idea that we need to come up with a system to narrow down 25-30 AA and A teams in suffolk and nassau respectively over a max of 10 games including playoffs. Remember, the nysphsaa wants to keep relatively even numbers of programs in each classification statewide.
Some Sec 1 coaches are beginning to grumble, other than DeMatteo(Somers) & DiRienzo(New Rochelle), about why even participate in the States at Syracuse-where hardly any fans show up & how it affects regular season play-in comparison to what they see/know about the attendance at the regional LI Championships.
Da Fan

White Plains, NY

#5481 Dec 31, 2012
Molinet Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Sec 1 coaches are beginning to grumble, other than DeMatteo(Somers) & DiRienzo(New Rochelle), about why even participate in the States at Syracuse-where hardly any fans show up & how it affects regular season play-in comparison to what they see/know about the attendance at the regional LI Championships.
Watching the highlights of the New Rochelle state championship game it looked like there were 30 people in the stands.
LIfan

Babylon, NY

#5483 Dec 31, 2012
SCFB wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100% that it is nearly impossible to fairly include LI in the system. Unless they flex the numbers across the State...Section by Section, it is nearly impossible. I don't think the Upstate schools really want LI in the system anyhow to be honest or else they would be working harder to develop a TRUE State Championship. They know the outcome would be different if Sections 11 & 8 got involved. Best option again is to bring 9 & 1 into a Downstate Championship and forget about the rest of the State. It's currently just too complicated.
Would love to see a section 9, 1, 11, and 8 championship. Not sure how the numbers would split and don't have the time to check it out. If anyone else has a few hours to spend...! I still think the easiest step toward expansion is having a non-league game added to the schedule and open the season with high profile games that include the CHSAA, PSAL, Sections 1, 9 and, of course, 8 and 11 as the "inviting" home teams...play at Stony Brook now that Hofstra isn't an option.
LIfan

Babylon, NY

#5484 Dec 31, 2012
Molinet Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm about 15 years removed from my section 1 friends but DeMatteo carried a lot of weight back then...if he isn't going to budge I don't know if it will happen. I do know that every area is looking to cut costs and maybe a more local championship could be packaged in that way. Long shot though...I just don't think the LI football leadership is open to change...again, took us decades to have a Nassau-Suffolk championship...probably a century before more creativity takes hold!
Arte

Phoenix, AZ

#5488 Jan 1, 2013
LIfan wrote:
<quoted text>I'm about 15 years removed from my section 1 friends but DeMatteo carried a lot of weight back then...if he isn't going to budge I don't know if it will happen. I do know that every area is looking to cut costs and maybe a more local championship could be packaged in that way. Long shot though...I just don't think the LI football leadership is open to change...again, took us decades to have a Nassau-Suffolk championship...probably a century before more creativity takes hold!
momma chamberlin is a big fat slob......you got room for that big fat "stench" on your OL?
Suff III

East Islip, NY

#5489 Jan 2, 2013
The LIC games work!!

Forget about LI getting involved in a state tourny that does not work, just look at all the empty seats!!!

with the numbers on LI how could you set up a schedule for the B & C teams??? who would they play??

Suff. aa a b c d
29 15 5 4 1

Nass. 17 29 7 3 1

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min Who 46,576
Valerian For Sleeplessness (Jun '09) 43 min Craig 5
nice little pussy 49 min flipside28 1
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 3 hr UN Must Go 15,041
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr UN Must Go 307,887
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Pearl Jam 305,554
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 12 Stan Stasiak 16,786
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE