Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
Sayville guy

Brooklyn, NY

#5285 Dec 14, 2012
Sorry mr professor what are you a fifth grade reading teacher. Living the dream evertime Lawrence wins because of injury I hope Sayville smudged Lawrence out anyway with a big asterisk. Boom
Football fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5286 Dec 14, 2012
Sayville has the worst facilities next to islip and deer park. Just a blue collar town with a small section of higher end houses south of main street. Great place to live but they need to put more $ into athletics.
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#5287 Dec 14, 2012
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have nothing against Lawrence. All I can tell you is that when Pat-Med went down to scrimmage Lawrence at Lawrencein 1995, your coach pulled the team off of the field after Delaney,Orlandi and Rossi had their way with Sanders and keep throwing him to the ground like a rag doll. Plus the fact they couldn't stop Derrick's Brother Eric Rossi who was out QB and the Kevin Csoka(WR) areial attack. Gregg Dunn had no chance against Csoka.
So that means that you can't play football because the team has no minorities? We didn't have any minorities at Pat-Med, and yet in 1996 crushed Uniondale, didn't have any minorities in 1997 and took apart Freeport, didn't have any minorities in 2002 when we beat Farmingdale.
What about schools like Don Bosco, Bergen Catholic, St. Thomas Aquinas, and De La Salle. Tuition is very expensive, these as "Rich Kids Schools", so are you saying they couldn't win in Conference I?
Freeport knows how good pat med was in 96, 97 and spanked my school 27-12 in 97. Find it hard to believe though that Lawrence took there ball and went home in a 95 scrimmage vs patmed. That Lawrence team of 95 went on to beat Sachem who beat Longwood 21-0 in suffolk final. What happened to that pat med team of 95 in the playoffs do you remember? What was there downfall who beat them in 95? I knew the Wing kids father Master Wing who played at PatMed.
MR Lawrence

Bergenfield, NJ

#5288 Dec 14, 2012
Sayville guy wrote:
Mr lawrence your an idiot. What You never learned how to win when you were little. Especially when You didn't play. You really make Lawrence people look bad.
I have no problem you calling me an idiot. We are thick skinned in Lawrence, and dont give a rat's behind what people think.

However, if you call me an idiot you must explain why. Its only fair. You cant just call me an idiot without an explanation.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#5289 Dec 14, 2012
Freeport in the house wrote:
<quoted text>
Freeport knows how good pat med was in 96, 97 and spanked my school 27-12 in 97. Find it hard to believe though that Lawrence took there ball and went home in a 95 scrimmage vs patmed. That Lawrence team of 95 went on to beat Sachem who beat Longwood 21-0 in suffolk final. What happened to that pat med team of 95 in the playoffs do you remember? What was there downfall who beat them in 95? I knew the Wing kids father Master Wing who played at PatMed.
The sixth game against Brentwood their was a bench clearing brawl towards the end of the game with P-M leading by 27 and the second unit in, the Brentwood coaches decided to keep their starters in, they slammed QB Mike Martin who was in for Eric Rossy into the ground way after the whistle, the benches cleared and well you know what happens when players come off the bench to participate, suspensions by Section XI and AD Cinelli. That was the end of the '95 season. But they did make up for it in '97 & '97.

Are you talking about Jason Wing who was a WR during the early '90's? If it is he was excellent, until he got hurt towards the end of his senior year.
TechBall

United States

#5290 Dec 14, 2012
Sayville guy wrote:
Sorry mr professor what are you a fifth grade reading teacher. Living the dream evertime Lawrence wins because of injury I hope Sayville smudged Lawrence out anyway with a big asterisk. Boom
Sayville lost because of an injury? Are you kidding right now? You poor man the lost really has made you lose your mind. I think losing that winning streak and getting your QB carried out really got to you if you think that is the only reason they lost.
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#5291 Dec 14, 2012
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
The sixth game against Brentwood their was a bench clearing brawl towards the end of the game with P-M leading by 27 and the second unit in, the Brentwood coaches decided to keep their starters in, they slammed QB Mike Martin who was in for Eric Rossy into the ground way after the whistle, the benches cleared and well you know what happens when players come off the bench to participate, suspensions by Section XI and AD Cinelli. That was the end of the '95 season. But they did make up for it in '97 & '97.
Are you talking about Jason Wing who was a WR during the early '90's? If it is he was excellent, until he got hurt towards the end of his senior year.
thought he was a RB but yeah.
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#5292 Dec 14, 2012
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct about that P-M vs Lawrence scrimmage in 1995. They had a full crew of refs, just no punting or kick offs. John Delaney(OT/DE), Mike Orlandi(NG/OG), Derric Rossy(LB/TE) and his brother Eric Rossy(QB/S) were in the backfield on just about every play. QB Eric Rossy hit Kevin Csoka(WR/DB)on three straight bombs over 50 yards each. Doug Sloan (RB/DB) had the last td on a reverse counter. Csoka torched Dunn on all three td catches. Csoka had over 1,500 yards receiving with 18 td's. Went on to play at Stony Brook and had some really good years playing WR. He was the only P-M player to be named All Long Island that year. QB/S Eric Rossy was 6'4" 212 lbs and ran a 4.41 forty. He was the best QB I ever watched play at P-M. Him and Csoka have been playing since their youth football days with SAC football.

The brawl in 1995 was at Pat-Med, I believe the Fifth Precinct had 15 cars there. 10 P-M starters were suspended for the rest of the season. Lost the last three games (Sachem, Longwood and Longwood in the playoffs 14-13). The whole team was JV and Sophomores.

Now I believe Jason Wing was a TB and I believe the WR was Abe Goldberg who went on an played at Brockport. I think he set some records up there.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#5293 Dec 14, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct about that P-M vs Lawrence scrimmage in 1995. They had a full crew of refs, just no punting or kick offs. John Delaney(OT/DE), Mike Orlandi(NG/OG), Derric Rossy(LB/TE) and his brother Eric Rossy(QB/S) were in the backfield on just about every play. QB Eric Rossy hit Kevin Csoka(WR/DB)on three straight bombs over 50 yards each. Doug Sloan (RB/DB) had the last td on a reverse counter. Csoka torched Dunn on all three td catches. Csoka had over 1,500 yards receiving with 18 td's. Went on to play at Stony Brook and had some really good years playing WR. He was the only P-M player to be named All Long Island that year. QB/S Eric Rossy was 6'4" 212 lbs and ran a 4.41 forty. He was the best QB I ever watched play at P-M. Him and Csoka have been playing since their youth football days with SAC football.
The brawl in 1995 was at Pat-Med, I believe the Fifth Precinct had 15 cars there. 10 P-M starters were suspended for the rest of the season. Lost the last three games (Sachem, Longwood and Longwood in the playoffs 14-13). The whole team was JV and Sophomores.
Now I believe Jason Wing was a TB and I believe the WR was Abe Goldberg who went on an played at Brockport. I think he set some records up there.
Your right Wing was the TB and Mat Krysak was the QB. I think Mike Hansen played with them.

Csoka was 6'3" 215 lbs. I also remember the beating that FB Mike Gonzales (6'2" 242 lbs) put on Lawrence's LB Bashawn Dixon every time Sloan went on a sweep, plus the fact that both of P-M's DE ends Andy Weaver and Jason Keenan were able to get to Lawrence's QB Gregg Nunn, Even when Dixon was blocking for Sanders he couldn't open up any running room for Sanders. P-M's secondary totally shut down Lawrences receivers Kenroy Wallace and Chamari Willis. I think Rich Mollo was Lawrence's coach at the time and he let Sconnone have it, he must have yelled at him for 15 minutes straight.
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#5294 Dec 14, 2012
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right Wing was the TB and Mat Krysak was the QB. I think Mike Hansen played with them.
Csoka was 6'3" 215 lbs. I also remember the beating that FB Mike Gonzales (6'2" 242 lbs) put on Lawrence's LB Bashawn Dixon every time Sloan went on a sweep, plus the fact that both of P-M's DE ends Andy Weaver and Jason Keenan were able to get to Lawrence's QB Gregg Nunn, Even when Dixon was blocking for Sanders he couldn't open up any running room for Sanders. P-M's secondary totally shut down Lawrences receivers Kenroy Wallace and Chamari Willis. I think Rich Mollo was Lawrence's coach at the time and he let Sconnone have it, he must have yelled at him for 15 minutes straight.
so they lost in 95 do to suspended players, that's a shame because that crew might have won 3 straight lic's, do you know if they played sachem or longwood in games 1-4 that year and how they faired. Just curious about that, i know Dixon was a beast of a player for lawrence back then also.
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#5295 Dec 14, 2012
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
my bad you played sachem and longwood after the guys were suspended.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#5296 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
my bad you played sachem and longwood after the guys were suspended.
Yes, Sachem killed us behind an outstanding running attack by James O'Neil. The first loss to Longwood was @ P-M and lost by 6 points 38-32, Gregg Murphy dropped a Mike Martin pass on a 4tin and 18, in the end zone with :18 seconds left in the game. In the first round of the playoffs at Longwood lost 14-13 on a nasty rainy Saturday. These games marked the beginning for Gregg Murphy and Mike Funaro. Those three years were the best P-M football teams, until 2002.

Mike Gonzales was the hardest hitting FB I had evern seen, including Lindenhurst LB/FB Joe Parmatier who started all four years at Iowa State. In 1996 Sconone moved Gonzales to OG he grew and was 6'4" 265 lbs. and kept Murphy and Funaro in the backfield with Mike Martin as the QB. In 1997 the back field remained the same except for the addition of Sophomore QB Mike Cirigliano.

Interesting fact all three(Eric Rossy ('96), Mike Martin ('97) and Mike Cirigliano (2000)) QB's went on to have outstanding College Baseball careers I belive at Dowling College.
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#5297 Dec 14, 2012
Speaking of the final regular season game against Longwood at Pat-Med, my little brother. Do you remember the three players that were taken to Brookhavem Memorial Hospital in that game? Came close to having another brawl when LB Brian Kallmeyer leveled Longwood's RB Marc Riley five feet out of bounds on the Longwood side of the field and Longwood's Chris Mayer and Adam Wachler went nuts. That also was a nasty game. The remarkable thing was the following week in the playoff's nothing, very few penalties.

All Long Island Players those three years.

1995 - Kevin Csoka

1996 - Derrick Rossy, John Delaney, and Mike Martin

1997 - Greg Murphy, Derrick Rossy, Mike Orlandi, and Mike Funaro
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#5299 Dec 14, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
Speaking of the final regular season game against Longwood at Pat-Med, my little brother. Do you remember the three players that were taken to Brookhavem Memorial Hospital in that game? Came close to having another brawl when LB Brian Kallmeyer leveled Longwood's RB Marc Riley five feet out of bounds on the Longwood side of the field and Longwood's Chris Mayer and Adam Wachler went nuts. That also was a nasty game. The remarkable thing was the following week in the playoff's nothing, very few penalties.
1995 - Kevin Csoka
yeah i thought that PAT mED Bunch of 95-97 was one of LI best ever no joke.
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#5300 Dec 14, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
1995 - Kevin Csoka
i remember o'neil kid in the 95 lic must of had over 40 carries in that game, why is pat med not a power all the time though ??
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#5301 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
yeah i thought that PAT mED Bunch of 95-97 was one of LI best ever no joke.
The '95 team talent wise was the best. They had the biggest OL/DL ever. Tony Maleto who has been a Ref in Suffolk County for thirty years labeled the '95 team the "Dirty Dozen". I forgot about the Lindenhurst game when Pearlman(6'4" 302 lbsOT/NG) tried to drive Mark Frole's head through the turf with his foot. Kieth Morgan intervened and was slammed to the ground. He was a big power lifter, his father took him all over the country to compete. Tony Maleto's wife went to High School with Pearlman's mother, called him a "pyscho" to his father, said he should be banned from ever playing football on LI.
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#5302 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>
i remember o'neil kid in the 95 lic must of had over 40 carries in that game, why is pat med not a power all the time though ??
If you go back and look at the stats, Sachem beat Lawrence in every category except the score(14-7). Total yardage, total plays, possession time. The problem was they didn't score except for the 1 yard TD run by Sachem's QB Matt Clark, Sachem went 17 plays and 66 yards for the 1 yard td run. Sachem had a few long drives like that, just couldn't score. James O'Neal carried the ball 43 times for 137 yards and no td's. Sachem was the #3 seed in the playoff's.

The wheels came of the program in 1998. It wasn't until Marangi and Johnson took over the football program and brought back the passing game. In 2002 QB Jay Pintieri had close to 2,000 yards passing, his favorite receiver was Mike Smeja, and of course they had record setting TB Alex Baez. The defense was led by Alan D'Meza, the younger Funaro and All Long Island LB Jesse Miller.

After AD Cinelli god rid of Sconone and Carpluck, they went to be assistant coaches at Sconone's ala mater East Islip. A few years later when Cinelli left to become head of Section XI, and Tom Combs became AD, he asked Sconone and Carpluck to return. Last season they replaced them again with Marangi and Johnson.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#5303 Dec 14, 2012
Just finished watching St. Thomas Aquinas beat Lincoln HS 42-25 in the Class 6A State Championship.
Mike Quick

AOL

#5304 Dec 14, 2012
Newsday did an excellent job with the 2012 All Long Island team.
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#5305 Dec 14, 2012
Mike Quick wrote:
Newsday did an excellent job with the 2012 All Long Island team.
. Buddy k coach of the year in Nassau a total joke. I love buddy k but what happened There. Flatley miracle team went 11-1, lawrence coach 12-0, buddy k went 10-2 at the farm is he retiring.maybe a sympathy vote like Howie v got in 95, Howie v got it in 95 after losing lic to north babylon. That year freeport should have got it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 15 min Fed up Mets fan 39,538
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr Princess Hey 15,098
last post wins! (Jun '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 26,388
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 14,264
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr NEMO 10,745
Riverdale is Haunted by Ghosts (Oct '13) 5 hr Murray Hamilton 11
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Barack calls me B... 59,540
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages