Sayville guy

Islip Terrace, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

And if Robinson wins the thorp award Tyler Anderson should have won best defensive back award since he shut Robinson down and got off every block he was unblock able
MR Lawrence

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Sayville guy wrote:
Mr Lawrence get off the Sayville traditions tip your lucky you beat Sayville so be gracious and shut the f..k up
I will be gracious. Lawrence won, Sayville lost. Gracious and factual. Lawrence tradition is hard hitting football, as can be seen in the LIC game this year. Factual.

Here..take a look at this link to a video clip. Observe at 0:10 mark how the Lawrence line blows the Sayville line back on their posteriors and how slow Sayville players get up.

http://fivetowns.patch.com/articles/lawrence-...
MR Lawrence

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Sayville guy wrote:
And if Robinson wins the thorp award Tyler Anderson should have won best defensive back award since he shut Robinson down and got off every block he was unblock able
I sincerely hope Tyler Robinson wins the DB award...Nobel Prize too!! Good luck to him.
MR Lawrence

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Mike Quick wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know how well Garden City would've or wouldn't have done in Conference I? They weren't in Conference I. Who cares about the Semi's, next your going to be telling me about the quarter finals. In 1998 the Runner up was Freeport, in 1999 in was Baldwin, and in 2000 in was Farmingdale.
Garden City since 1933 460-205-30. Since 1992 GC has had 21 players named to the first team all Long Island, and since 2004 GC has had 17 players named to the All New York State Class A teams.
Lawrence has more wins than GC, and in Conference 1......so according to your logic Lawrence has been the better team over the years. Plus Lawrence did it multi-culturally..GC never.

I'll take Lawrence any day.
Mike Quick

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

MR Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawrence has more wins than GC, and in Conference 1......so according to your logic Lawrence has been the better team over the years. Plus Lawrence did it multi-culturally..GC never.
Garden City 4 Rutgers Cups, 1992, 1998, 2005, 2009.
ChiefFan1

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Mike Quick wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know how well Garden City would've or wouldn't have done in Conference I? They weren't in Conference I. Who cares about the Semi's, next your going to be telling me about the quarter finals. In 1998 the Runner up was Freeport, in 1999 in was Baldwin, and in 2000 in was Farmingdale.
Garden City since 1933 460-205-30. Since 1992 GC has had 21 players named to the first team all Long Island, and since 2004 GC has had 17 players named to the All New York State Class A teams.
im not really getting involved in the lawrance/GC nonsense but i do know 1 thing. i played on the 1994 massapequa team when we beat lawrence in the county finals 11-8. yes, that was conference 1. and the 1994 pequa team was very, very good. lawrence gave us everything we could handle. i honestly dont remember if we played during the regular season but i do know lawrence was something like 6-2 that season. and i also played in 1995 and i can tell you that lawrence was dominant that season....still in conference 1. they destroyed farmingdale in the county finals and then won the LIC that year against sachem.
J White

Valley Stream, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Mike Quick wrote:
<quoted text>
no argument here or debate talking about 2 of the top 5 or 10 schools in football in Nassau of all time. Lawrence has 491 wins, GC 460, Lawrence 3 LIC & 5 Rutgers cups, GC 5 LIC & 4 Rutgers Cups. They are 8-8-1 all time against each other also.
J White

Valley Stream, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Mike Quick wrote:
<quoted text>
lawrence has 1937, 1940, 1955, 1961, 2006, and are frontrunners for there 6th cup i believe on Jan.13. Happy Holidays
Fb fan

East Rockaway, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

MR Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
I think law has tough kids no doubt but to compare the law of the 90's to present day.. The place has changed alot in those years this group of kids in my opinion throw back to the 90's teams but I think as we move foward that's going to be an anomaly.. ItsI just a fact as ur numbers shrink so does ur talent pool .. I think u you enjoy this group and what they accomplished because it prob not going to happen ever again.. Law will be good for another two years but even next year there very good but beatable.. It's not a knock on them just a reality
SKYWALKER

Tel Aviv, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

"Callaway 57"
I didn't read about anyone question Chaminade's Coach Boyd in Sept. when he went for the two point conversion and the win with 1:15 left in the game. Chaminade went with a full house backfield with Speranza getting the ball going over left tackle and be stuffed by St. Anthony's. Chaminade lost 24-23. Can't always be a Monday morning QB. If I was coaching St. Anthony's I would've gone for it also, and the same holds true if I was coaching Chaminade in the regular season game in Sept.

Im sure that if they go do it again they would punt.

Thats a another perfect example of going for it on 2 being so difficult to punch it in and here you are talking about picking up a first down in your own territory leading by 2 and up against a great defensive line. Its a momemtum changer and dangerous risk. See what happened. Play it safe and punt - St Ants has a good defence! Let them try and beat us and not put my kids heads down if we dont make it.

Well all I can say is I have been watching alot of games and I saw many goal line stands to prevent a touchdown to win games this year. Many more stopped extra points. All this is going for a touchdown or extra points how much more so on your own side of the field to get a first down.

Connetquat stopped Sachem east 2 point conversion and should have won that game
Plainedge stopped Bethpage 2 point conversion and won.

Elizabeth just Stopped Piscataway at the goal line to get a chance to win game and did win.

A 4th and one - Lawrence stopped Sayville.

Lawrence did however pick up a first down that won them the game on their own 38 by going for it but this is when they were down by 13 so thats a great call. Did not like Lawrence squib kicks again. Fragner can kick so what you afraid of.

Still no proof from Patchogue teams that had Perelman playing
SKYWALKER

Tel Aviv, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

"Fb fan"
Yeah I saw the law coach come out opening drive second half 4th and 5 from his own 30 go for it.. He doesn't get it sayville scores would put law down three scores game over but he got it went down scored changed momentum of the game he would have been crucified if they don't get that sometimes u go with ur gut.. Hate to be Monday morning qb kids prob wanted to go for it too

Lawrence was down by 13 points and was moving the ball in the air all season so the call was good. If they dont make it whats the worst that can happen? your down 3 scores. For Lawrence thats no problem

Now for ST Ants you dont make it - you just gave them a field goal attempt to win the game.

Punt and put your defense on the field to keep them out of field goal range.

As we sayed all year long defense wins championships not offence.

Now who is right?
Champion

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

All the wins are great but which teams in nassua and Suffolk have the most county championship that should be the deciding factor not total wins. Who are the finishers. Not lic county championships
Molinet Knows

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

St. Anthony's/Rutgers Scott Vallone to Play in 88th East-West Shrine Game:

http://www.scarletknights.com/football/news/r...

"A 2012 All-BIG EAST First Team selection, Vallone set a career-best with 12.5 tackles-for-loss amongst 50 total tackles. He will make his 51st consecutive start in the 2012 Russell Athletic Bowl, the longest active streak for any defensive tackle in the nation."
TechBall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think law has tough kids no doubt but to compare the law of the 90's to present day.. The place has changed alot in those years this group of kids in my opinion throw back to the 90's teams but I think as we move foward that's going to be an anomaly.. ItsI just a fact as ur numbers shrink so does ur talent pool .. I think u you enjoy this group and what they accomplished because it prob not going to happen ever again.. Law will be good for another two years but even next year there very good but beatable.. It's not a knock on them just a reality
You are about stupid as they get. Time and time again you try to put down a great program and when all fails now you say they will be bad in the years to come when in fact you know nothing in reality about Lawrence. Everything you brought up has been shut down. Lawrence has always done well and will continue to do well after the two years.
Fb fan

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

TechBall wrote:
<quoted text>You are about stupid as they get. Time and time again you try to put down a great program and when all fails now you say they will be bad in the years to come when in fact you know nothing in reality about Lawrence. Everything you brought up has been shut down. Lawrence has always done well and will continue to do well after the two years.
I'm just going by what I heard the Lawrence coaches say that in two yeas they will be in conf 4 and it is what it is and they will only need a few good kids to win in that conf.. They prob will win just stating what I heard from members of the law staff.. I'm not sure why u get so upset these are just facts I don't make the beds forms just read them.
Mike Quick

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

J White wrote:
<quoted text>
lawrence has 1937, 1940, 1955, 1961, 2006, and are frontrunners for there 6th cup i believe on Jan.13. Happy Holidays

Coach Tom Flatley HC 1985 - Present

Won - 246

Lost - 40

Tied - 7

Has never had a losing season as HC of Garden City.
TechBall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just going by what I heard the Lawrence coaches say that in two yeas they will be in conf 4 and it is what it is and they will only need a few good kids to win in that conf.. They prob will win just stating what I heard from members of the law staff.. I'm not sure why u get so upset these are just facts I don't make the beds forms just read them.
Your the one upset on here with your here say like its the gospel. Now your going to act like you know any facts. You have been on here putting down Lawrence since they won the LIC. Talk about Lynbrook something you know about. How good will they be the next few years?
Fb fan

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

TechBall wrote:
<quoted text>Your the one upset on here with your here say like its the gospel. Now your going to act like you know any facts. You have been on here putting down Lawrence since they won the LIC. Talk about Lynbrook something you know about. How good will they be the next few years?
Don't know don't care about Lynbrook but I haven't bashed anyone just giving my opinion that's it... Not gospel nothing is for sure but I can read a beds form.. And if u read the beds forms Lynbrook could be in conf 4 also.. It's not a knock on a program it's what it is.. I think mike quick said it best it's unprecedented that this has occurred.. Just pointing out facts there not made or an opinion there numbers on a piece of paper.
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

SKYWALKER wrote:
"Callaway 57"
I didn't read about anyone question Chaminade's Coach Boyd in Sept. when he went for the two point conversion and the win with 1:15 left in the game. Chaminade went with a full house backfield with Speranza getting the ball going over left tackle and be stuffed by St. Anthony's. Chaminade lost 24-23. Can't always be a Monday morning QB. If I was coaching St. Anthony's I would've gone for it also, and the same holds true if I was coaching Chaminade in the regular season game in Sept.
Im sure that if they go do it again they would punt.
Thats a another perfect example of going for it on 2 being so difficult to punch it in and here you are talking about picking up a first down in your own territory leading by 2 and up against a great defensive line. Its a momemtum changer and dangerous risk. See what happened. Play it safe and punt - St Ants has a good defence! Let them try and beat us and not put my kids heads down if we dont make it.
Well all I can say is I have been watching alot of games and I saw many goal line stands to prevent a touchdown to win games this year. Many more stopped extra points. All this is going for a touchdown or extra points how much more so on your own side of the field to get a first down.
Connetquat stopped Sachem east 2 point conversion and should have won that game
Plainedge stopped Bethpage 2 point conversion and won.
Elizabeth just Stopped Piscataway at the goal line to get a chance to win game and did win.
A 4th and one - Lawrence stopped Sayville.
Lawrence did however pick up a first down that won them the game on their own 38 by going for it but this is when they were down by 13 so thats a great call. Did not like Lawrence squib kicks again. Fragner can kick so what you afraid of.
Still no proof from Patchogue teams that had Perelman playing
First of all in the Sachem East vs Connetquot game, Casali scored with :54 seconds in the game. The coaches had a couple thoughts, go for the tie and kick the extra point or go for the two points and the lead and rely on the defense to stop Connetquot by running out the clock. The coaches also knew if they missed the two point conversion, they were going for the pooch kick. They went for two on the back of the best RB in Suffolk County and was stopped with :51 left in the game, now trailing 28-27. SE goes for the pooch kick and recovers it. Wolf goes for it on a long pass to Balsamo, Connetquot called for pass interference in the end zone with :25 second left in the game. I watched the tape and didn't see any pass interference, both players were going for the ball. Wolf again goes for the td pass and hits Ryan Dippel for the td with :10 seconds left and Sachem East goes on to win 33-28. So a lot of things can happen. It's not over till there are 0:00 showing on the clock. I would go for it every time in a playoff game.
TechBall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know don't care about Lynbrook but I haven't bashed anyone just giving my opinion that's it... Not gospel nothing is for sure but I can read a beds form.. And if u read the beds forms Lynbrook could be in conf 4 also.. It's not a knock on a program it's what it is.. I think mike quick said it best it's unprecedented that this has occurred.. Just pointing out facts there not made or an opinion there numbers on a piece of paper.
you have no facts. Now even if you did what role does that play in their win? What role does the area they live in play in them getting the LIC? Then you come on here making one or two ok comments acting like you don't mean any harm. Numbers? They won the LIC in 3 Conf that's all that matters. Lawrence folks are not worried about numbers so why are you worried about it or as you say just stating the facts? Like I said worry about Lynbrook?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Where to find heroin in NYC & Longisland? (Jan '14) 5 min bdigital 15
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min SamBee 68,375
Obama is not all bad 39 min the real deal 2
Rev. Al Sharpton demands justice for Eric Garne... 43 min the real deal 10
Workers Go Wild for Staples' Penny Items 48 min RegularCrewChief 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 45,794
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 1 hr Flag Waver 5,347
•••
•••