Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#5175 Dec 12, 2012
Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Long Island football not well thought of.. I also think not playing in state tournament hurts.. I would have loved to have seen Floyd or Freeport with there great teams compete in state tournament.. I thnk we would do very well upstate

Yes, that is a big factor in why LI gets no respect in the NYS football community. Floyd, Connetquot, Sachem North, Farmingdale, Freeport, East Meadow, West Islip, East Islip, etc would have no problem with upstate Class AA teams like New Rochelle, West Genesee, Orchard Park, Monroe-Woodbury, Rush-Henrietta.

The same holds true with schools like Garden City, Sayville Seaford, Miller Place, Lawrence, Mt. Sinai, West Hempstead, etc competing with Aquinas, Sweet Home, Maine-Endwell, Burnt Hills Ballston Lake, Union Endicott, Cornwall Central.

Same thing with Class B & C with schools like Roosevelt, or Babylon competing with Rye, Hornell, Peru, Geneva, Bishop Ludden, Southwestern, Bronxville, Dobbs, Ferry, etc.

LI should be a part of the NYS Tournament.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#5176 Dec 12, 2012
I saw William Stanbacks name pop on Scout.com , ESPNHS.com , not only MSG Varsity. Wasn't Stanback pressed into the QB position after something happened to starting QB Adrian Berry after the Syosset game?
MR Lawrence

New York, NY

#5177 Dec 12, 2012
Lawrence would brat Garden City all day long
Fb fan

Bayonne, NJ

#5178 Dec 12, 2012
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
I saw William Stanbacks name pop on Scout.com , ESPNHS.com , not only MSG Varsity. Wasn't Stanback pressed into the QB position after something happened to starting QB Adrian Berry after the Syosset game?

From what I heard one of the few kids on the island being recruited by D1 schools Syracuse Rutgers .. Has the speed to at at that level
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#5179 Dec 12, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
Lawrence would brat Garden City all day long
How would you know they don't play each other in a number of years.
Fb fan

United States

#5180 Dec 12, 2012
The island has produced some great linemen who have done very well at the next level D1 and beyond.. But as far as skill positions not all that well amous zeroue is the last one I can think of.. Leslie jackman from Freeport went to Rutgers played briefly there transfered to Hofstra.. There are prob some others who have played and been successful I know boomer and testaverde but recently
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#5181 Dec 12, 2012
SKYWALKER wrote:
"Molinet Knows"
" GM
8:36 pm on Monday, December 3, 2012
Deja Vu: excerpted from ESPN Boston 11/16/09----------
The morning after a heartbreaking loss to the Colts, coach Bill Belichick revisited his risky decision to go for it on fourth down while also detailing the Patriots' uncharacteristic struggles in burning valuable timeouts.
Belichick repeated what he said Sunday night, saying that he felt the decision to go for it on fourth-and-2 from the Patriots' 28-yard line, with 2:08 remaining, gave the team the best chance to win.
Pretty spooky stuff right there. Reichert is in good company."
http://huntington.patch.com/articles/st-antho...
With Chaminade having no TO's left, and it being 4th and 2 inches, it appears the thinking was, OL get the 6 in and we win, they can't stop the clock.
Still dont like this call at all. Its not that hard to make a defensive wall and stop the forward push of the offensive line on one play. Punt all the way.
I didn't read about anyone question Chaminade's Coach Boyd in Sept. when he went for the two point conversion and the win with 1:15 left in the game. Chaminade went with a full house backfield with Speranza getting the ball going over left tackle and be stuffed by St. Anthony's. Chaminade lost 24-23. Can't always be a Monday morning QB. If I was coaching St. Anthony's I would've gone for it also, and the same holds true if I was coaching Chaminade in the regular season game in Sept.
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#5182 Dec 12, 2012
Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I heard one of the few kids on the island being recruited by D1 schools Syracuse Rutgers .. Has the speed to at at that level
And Stony Brook, he was there this weekend.
Fb fan

United States

#5183 Dec 12, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know they don't play each other in a number of years.
When they were both in conference 2 it was prob even Gc def beat law bad in the Nassau county finals one year like 41 -7 but law has bean then too pretty close when they played in the same conference.. Gc def has more county titles and lic titles
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#5184 Dec 12, 2012
Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
When they were both in conference 2 it was prob even Gc def beat law bad in the Nassau county finals one year like 41 -7 but law has bean then too pretty close when they played in the same conference.. Gc def has more county titles and lic titles
My stats only start in 2003 in Conference II, I don't have 1997 forward to 2003 when Lawrence started its downward fall from Conference I to II. But from 2003 Garden City is 6-3 against Lawrence and has outscored them 204-110. Garden has since 1996 won 5 Nassau County Championships during Lawrence's stay in Conference II until 2008.
MR Lawrence

New York, NY

#5185 Dec 12, 2012
This years Lawrence team would beat GC team.
Fb fan

United States

#5186 Dec 12, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
This years Lawrence team would beat GC team.
Yeah hard to speculate but would be a good game for sure.. I know the law guys think they could beat Alabama but its hard to compare
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#5187 Dec 12, 2012
Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah hard to speculate but would be a good game for sure.. I know the law guys think they could beat Alabama but its hard to compare
Your right, I was expecting them to say how they would've beaten Suffolk Division I's Floyd, considering Lawrence just barely beat Sayville by one point. Again "NO WAY OF TELLING" they "DON"T" play against one another, period.
Freeport in the house

Parsippany, NJ

#5188 Dec 12, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't read about anyone question Chaminade's Coach Boyd in Sept. when he went for the two point conversion and the win with 1:15 left in the game. Chaminade went with a full house backfield with Speranza getting the ball going over left tackle and be stuffed by St. Anthony's. Chaminade lost 24-23. Can't always be a Monday morning QB. If I was coaching St. Anthony's I would've gone for it also, and the same holds true if I was coaching Chaminade in the regular season game in Sept.
not the same at all, 2 pt conversion for a win or loss. Talking about a decision coach made in his own territory up by 2 pts late in the game. I said it at the time it was happening he should have punted. That coach should have punted the ball at the time a NO BRAINER & COST HIS KIDS A TITLE CASE CLOSED. There is no debate here coach screwed up.
MR Lawrence

New York, NY

#5189 Dec 12, 2012
I would rank Lawrence #4 of all schools on LI, irrespective of size. I think what is hurting Lawrence is they are playing very weak teams all year. Playing better teams makes you better.

I think Lawrence would be behind Floyd, Farmingdale, Oceanside. I think the individual player stats foe Lawrence would not be as good, but still way better than average.
Freeport in the house

Parsippany, NJ

#5190 Dec 12, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
My stats only start in 2003 in Conference II, I don't have 1997 forward to 2003 when Lawrence started its downward fall from Conference I to II. But from 2003 Garden City is 6-3 against Lawrence and has outscored them 204-110. Garden has since 1996 won 5 Nassau County Championships during Lawrence's stay in Conference II until 2008.
ok here it is lifetime 8-8-1 GC VS LAWRENCE.

NOW LAWRENCE HAS COUNTY TITLES from 1982,1995,1997, then a great run by them 2006,2007,2009,2011, 2012 now i will get all time scores from Jack. Believe Lawrence & GC ARE 1 & 2 now and Freeport 3rd now in total wins, will check with jw
Freeport in the house

Parsippany, NJ

#5191 Dec 12, 2012
Freeport in the house wrote:
<quoted text>
not the same at all, 2 pt conversion for a win or loss. Talking about a decision coach made in his own territory up by 2 pts late in the game. I said it at the time it was happening he should have punted. That coach should have punted the ball at the time a NO BRAINER & COST HIS KIDS A TITLE CASE CLOSED. There is no debate here coach screwed up.
calloway if you are serious and agree with the coach in going for that you lose all credibility with me bro.
Fb fan

United States

#5192 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Yeah I saw the law coach come out opening drive second half 4th and 5 from his own 30 go for it.. He doesn't get it sayville scores would put law down three scores game over but he got it went down scored changed momentum of the game he would have been crucified if they don't get that sometimes u go with ur gut.. Hate to be Monday morning qb kids prob wanted to go for it too .
Freeport in the house

Parsippany, NJ

#5193 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Congrats to Lawrence i was there rooting for Nassau and it was a great HS Football game between two really solid teams. Alot of talent on both sides. I really enjoyed the game, Sayville had 2 big turnovers and Lawrence did not have any. In my opinion Lawrence coach had the GUTS to go for a 4th down on the first drive of the second half on a 4th and 4 at his own 31 losing 20-7 at the time. That was the game to me a Sayville stop there and they win, Lawrence went on to score on that drive and made it 20-14, also don't think Sayville kicker missed a extra point all year. Sayville had the lead and backup QB Playing well but there coach put him in a tough spot throwing from endzone. Great game lived up to all the hype. Everyone of both teams should be proud. Lawrence should be a runaway winner for Rutgers Cup or there should be an investigation, 12-0 only unbeaten team in Nassau and most points scored ever on LI!! Freeport congratulates you guys.
like i said
Fb fan

United States

#5194 Dec 12, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
I would rank Lawrence #4 of all schools on LI, irrespective of size. I think what is hurting Lawrence is they are playing very weak teams all year. Playing better teams makes you better.
I think Lawrence would be behind Floyd, Farmingdale, Oceanside. I think the individual player stats foe Lawrence would not be as good, but still way better than average.
Yeah poss hard to say maybe.. to me law had the best group of skill kids in nassau but would get hurt w the size of the d1 schools up front .. Stat wise I think ur right on prob have good stats if they played in 1 this year not freakish like they had in 3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 13 min -Sprocket- 10,262
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 27 min Unbiased Padres Fan 313,577
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 46 min Pearl Jam 308,905
last post wins! (Jun '10) 54 min Princess Hey 25,782
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Bloody Bill Anderson 18,060
America Will Be Judged 1 hr read jeremiah 50 ... 1
Are You Born Again (acts 2 38 ) 2 hr Return To God 1

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match