Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
Fb fan

United States

#5159 Dec 11, 2012
Freeport in the house wrote:
<quoted text>
No this goes way back, Lawrence and Freeport where great rivals in the 50's,60's, and even a great game in 1994 between Sanders and Jones at Hofstra 31-28. I am older than you guys on here and went to FREEPORT in the late 60's. Freeport has great respect for Lawrence and many people know each other over the years. No longer a rivalry true because of enrollment but many great

battles years ago. Both historic football programs on LI.
Yes I agree in the 90's Lawrence Freeport farm and massapquea was a great league and had many great games and developed rivalries and over the years things have changed freeportd biggest rivalry is prob still Farmingdale but Oceanside is starting to become a nice one as well.. Law has plainedge Lynbrook and Bethpage as there main rivalry in there league.. The past was great but we were talking about 2012 and moving forward.
Fb fan

Hewlett, NY

#5160 Dec 11, 2012
When u talk about historic football programs can't leave out Bethpage and Gardencity both have just as many or more Nassau county championships than both law and freeport ... gc has 4 lic not sure about Bethpage has but I think two. Not taking away from others but hard to leave those guys out
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#5161 Dec 11, 2012
Fb fan wrote:
When u talk about historic football programs can't leave out Bethpage and Gardencity both have just as many or more Nassau county championships than both law and freeport ... gc has 4 lic not sure about Bethpage has but I think two. Not taking away from others but hard to leave those guys out
no not at all you are correct. The discussion was about a post i made earlier about the Freeport/ Lawrence rivalry back in the day. GC and Bethpage as good as any both also great historic programs. All are in the top 10 of all time with wins, winning %, Championships, Rutgers Cups all 4 great, Then you have to start adding in Farm, Mass, also.
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#5163 Dec 11, 2012
Final MSG Varsity Top 25

#9 Chaminade
#12 St. Anthony's
#18 Floyd
#23 Farmingdale
#24 Garden City

Final MSG Varsity Top 15 Small Schools

#2 Lawrence
#4 Sayville
#9 Babylon
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#5164 Dec 11, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
Final MSG Varsity Top 25
#9 Chaminade
#12 St. Anthony's
#18 Floyd
#23 Farmingdale
#24 Garden City
Final MSG Varsity Top 15 Small Schools
#2 Lawrence
#4 Sayville
#9 Babylon
Interesting that the only Class A team to make it to MSG Varsity's Top 25 was Garden City, and they did it two weeks in a row.
SKYWALKER

Tel Aviv, Israel

#5166 Dec 12, 2012
"Molinet Knows"
" GM
8:36 pm on Monday, December 3, 2012
Deja Vu: excerpted from ESPN Boston 11/16/09----------
The morning after a heartbreaking loss to the Colts, coach Bill Belichick revisited his risky decision to go for it on fourth down while also detailing the Patriots' uncharacteristic struggles in burning valuable timeouts.
Belichick repeated what he said Sunday night, saying that he felt the decision to go for it on fourth-and-2 from the Patriots' 28-yard line, with 2:08 remaining, gave the team the best chance to win.
Pretty spooky stuff right there. Reichert is in good company."
http://huntington.patch.com/articles/st-antho...
With Chaminade having no TO's left, and it being 4th and 2 inches, it appears the thinking was, OL get the 6 in and we win, they can't stop the clock.

Still dont like this call at all. Its not that hard to make a defensive wall and stop the forward push of the offensive line on one play. Punt all the way.
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#5167 Dec 12, 2012
SKYWALKER wrote:
"Molinet Knows"
" GM
The morning after a heartbreaking loss to the Colts, coach Bill Belichick revisited his risky decision to go for it on fourth down while also detailing the Patriots' uncharacteristic struggles in burning valuable timeouts.
Belichick repeated what he said Sunday night, saying that he felt the decision to go for it on fourth-and-2 from the Patriots' 28-yard line, with 2:08 remaining, gave the team the best chance to win.
With Chaminade having no TO's left, and it being 4th and 2 inches, it appears the thinking was, OL get the 6 in and we win, they can't stop the clock.
Still dont like this call at all. Its not that hard to make a defensive wall and stop the forward push of the offensive line on one play. Punt all the way.
agree
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#5168 Dec 12, 2012
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that the only Class A team to make it to MSG Varsity's Top 25 was Garden City, and they did it two weeks in a row.
quicky loves those gc guys
Fb fan

United States

#5169 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Long Island football not well thought of.. I also think not playing in state tournament hurts.. I would have loved to have seen Floyd or Freeport with there great teams compete in state tournament.. I thnk we would do very well upstate
Mike Quick

AOL

#5170 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Everyone loves Garden City @ MSG Varsity.
Mike Quick

AOL

#5171 Dec 12, 2012
Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Long Island football not well thought of.. I also think not playing in state tournament hurts.. I would have loved to have seen Floyd or Freeport with there great teams compete in state tournament.. I thnk we would do very well upstate
Your 100% correct, LI teams would've done extremely well playing in the State Tournament. A lot of NYS Trophies wouldn't been in the trophy cases of all Classes on the Island.

Ask most of the NYSSWA writers and they will tell you the same thing. They see how well LI does in Lacrosse, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, Wrestling, so they have no doubt that football would also do well.
facts

Millburn, NJ

#5172 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
great for high school sports but as a person he is a complete a hole
MSG watcher

United States

#5174 Dec 12, 2012
facts wrote:
<quoted text>
great for high school sports but as a person he is a complete a hole
He's not the only MSG bum. Those guys think they know so much about football when all they do is pick their favorites.I like the MSG concept but some of those guys need to go( S*#a). I remember him saying Stanback was the best athlete on the island.
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#5175 Dec 12, 2012
Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes, that is a big factor in why LI gets no respect in the NYS football community. Floyd, Connetquot, Sachem North, Farmingdale, Freeport, East Meadow, West Islip, East Islip, etc would have no problem with upstate Class AA teams like New Rochelle, West Genesee, Orchard Park, Monroe-Woodbury, Rush-Henrietta.

The same holds true with schools like Garden City, Sayville Seaford, Miller Place, Lawrence, Mt. Sinai, West Hempstead, etc competing with Aquinas, Sweet Home, Maine-Endwell, Burnt Hills Ballston Lake, Union Endicott, Cornwall Central.

Same thing with Class B & C with schools like Roosevelt, or Babylon competing with Rye, Hornell, Peru, Geneva, Bishop Ludden, Southwestern, Bronxville, Dobbs, Ferry, etc.

LI should be a part of the NYS Tournament.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#5176 Dec 12, 2012
I saw William Stanbacks name pop on Scout.com , ESPNHS.com , not only MSG Varsity. Wasn't Stanback pressed into the QB position after something happened to starting QB Adrian Berry after the Syosset game?
MR Lawrence

Brooklyn, NY

#5177 Dec 12, 2012
Lawrence would brat Garden City all day long
Fb fan

United States

#5178 Dec 12, 2012
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
I saw William Stanbacks name pop on Scout.com , ESPNHS.com , not only MSG Varsity. Wasn't Stanback pressed into the QB position after something happened to starting QB Adrian Berry after the Syosset game?

From what I heard one of the few kids on the island being recruited by D1 schools Syracuse Rutgers .. Has the speed to at at that level
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#5179 Dec 12, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
Lawrence would brat Garden City all day long
How would you know they don't play each other in a number of years.
Fb fan

United States

#5180 Dec 12, 2012
The island has produced some great linemen who have done very well at the next level D1 and beyond.. But as far as skill positions not all that well amous zeroue is the last one I can think of.. Leslie jackman from Freeport went to Rutgers played briefly there transfered to Hofstra.. There are prob some others who have played and been successful I know boomer and testaverde but recently
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#5181 Dec 12, 2012
SKYWALKER wrote:
"Molinet Knows"
" GM
I didn't read about anyone question Chaminade's Coach Boyd in Sept. when he went for the two point conversion and the win with 1:15 left in the game. Chaminade went with a full house backfield with Speranza getting the ball going over left tackle and be stuffed by St. Anthony's. Chaminade lost 24-23. Can't always be a Monday morning QB. If I was coaching St. Anthony's I would've gone for it also, and the same holds true if I was coaching Chaminade in the regular season game in Sept.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 7 min John Gottis corpse 329,861
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Into The Night 60,187
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 12 min met fan 40,291
Time to go? (Jun '15) 34 min Into The Night 12,049
Why shouldn't Islamic women be liberated? 53 min pearl 24
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr texas pete 14,707
Stanford: 1 In 77 Billion Chance Hillary Won Wi... 1 hr Rocker5150 1

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages