MR Lawrence

New York, NY

#5039 Dec 4, 2012
FanBase wrote:
<quoted text>Not a big Lawrence fan but right is right. All of that talk about a weak Conf means nothing. They still beat a very tough Sayville. If the Rutgers goes to anyone else it will be a shame.
Why arent you a big Lawrence fan? I am.
bam

Mooresville, NC

#5040 Dec 4, 2012
bam!
Mike Quick

AOL

#5041 Dec 4, 2012
SCFB wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of hard for this to have ever happened before since the "Burnett" Defensive MVP was just initiated last year. Brock Jackolski (WM-Floyd) won three awards his SR season...Casesse (DB), Cipp (RB) & Hanson. Casalli is a very good one, but I don't think he's quite the same caliber as Brock.
Why isn't he in the same caliber as Jackolski? Casali was a two way player, Brock wasn't. Floyd was 33-0 all three years that Brock played. Sachem East was 15-14 for the three years that Casali played. In 2010, Casali's sophomore year, he missed three quarters of the year with a broken hand.

Here's there three year career stats:

Brock Jackolski(5'10 190 lbs)- Rushing - 3,603 yards 64 td's
Defensively - 76 tackles

Steven Casali(6'2" 224 lbs)- Rushing - 3,944 yards 41 td's
Defensively - 216 tackles

They both excellent players.
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#5042 Dec 4, 2012
FanBase wrote:
<quoted text>Not a big Lawrence fan but right is right. All of that talk about a weak Conf means nothing. They still beat a very tough Sayville. If the Rutgers goes to anyone else it will be a shame.
No one was saying that Lawrence wasn't going to win the Rutgers. A posted had suggested that Conference II was weak. My response was that it was impossible to tell which Conferences/Divisions are strong and which are weak.

Lawrence was pre-seeded #1 in the beginning of the year. Not sure what Garden City was seeded, but I know it wasn't #1. Garden City lost 20 of the 22 starters from last season. Everyone expected Lawrence to run the table, no one expected Garden City to even come close playing in the Class II LIC. Not only did they make it they beat an excellent Riverhead team. I think who ever votes will be looking at a team that came from nowhere as compared to a team that was expected to win. My feeling is it's a popularity contest, whoever is liked more as a coach will win.
da fan

Hoboken, NJ

#5043 Dec 5, 2012
Mike Quick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why isn't he in the same caliber as Jackolski? Casali was a two way player, Brock wasn't. Floyd was 33-0 all three years that Brock played. Sachem East was 15-14 for the three years that Casali played. In 2010, Casali's sophomore year, he missed three quarters of the year with a broken hand.
Here's there three year career stats:
Brock Jackolski(5'10 190 lbs)- Rushing - 3,603 yards 64 td's
Defensively - 76 tackles
Steven Casali(6'2" 224 lbs)- Rushing - 3,944 yards 41 td's
Defensively - 216 tackles
They both excellent players.
Casali was definitely a similar caliber player. A little info on brock. Brock was a two way player. He was a second team all long island defensive back as a sophomore. Also you have to remember those stata you posted were mostly with brock playing 2 to 3 quarters max a game for 3 years. Brock was 33-0 as a player and most games he played in were blow outs.
FanBase

United States

#5044 Dec 5, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one was saying that Lawrence wasn't going to win the Rutgers. A posted had suggested that Conference II was weak. My response was that it was impossible to tell which Conferences/Divisions are strong and which are weak.
Lawrence was pre-seeded #1 in the beginning of the year. Not sure what Garden City was seeded, but I know it wasn't #1. Garden City lost 20 of the 22 starters from last season. Everyone expected Lawrence to run the table, no one expected Garden City to even come close playing in the Class II LIC. Not only did they make it they beat an excellent Riverhead team. I think who ever votes will be looking at a team that came from nowhere as compared to a team that was expected to win. My feeling is it's a popularity contest, whoever is liked more as a coach will win.
I think GC did much better than expected. Their a well coached team.I agree Its usually a popularity contest but in this case Lawrence was clearly the best team in nassau beating a team that has not been beaten in 23 games. It would be a sin for them not to get it.
Freeport in the house

Parsippany, NJ

#5045 Dec 5, 2012
FanBase wrote:
<quoted text>I think GC did much better than expected. Their a well coached team.I agree Its usually a popularity contest but in this case Lawrence was clearly the best team in nassau beating a team that has not been beaten in 23 games. It would be a sin for them not to get it.
you are correct
Bean

New York, NY

#5046 Dec 5, 2012
Who are the candidates for Nassau County awards (Thorpe, Martone, Piner, etc.)?
Fb fan

Fredericksburg, VA

#5047 Dec 5, 2012
The best team doesn't always win it and its really supposed. to be the best season there's a difference. In the past Nassau coaches have given the cup to the higher conf team just because they think its better football.. It will be closer than people think.. If its popularity contest than flatley will win very well liked and respected by all coaches...I think cspbianco will win qb award and Robinson the dragon.. Thorpe might be stanwick form Uniondale..
Mike Quick

AOL

#5049 Dec 5, 2012
da fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Casali was definitely a similar caliber player. A little info on brock. Brock was a two way player. He was a second team all long island defensive back as a sophomore. Also you have to remember those stata you posted were mostly with brock playing 2 to 3 quarters max a game for 3 years. Brock was 33-0 as a player and most games he played in were blow outs.
The poster SCFB stated that he wasn't in the same caliber as Brock, all I posted was he was. Now if the roles were reversed do you honestly believe that Brock Jackolski would've put up the same numbers if he was playing at Sachem East? I don't think so. As I stated Casali was out two thirds of the year his sophomore year, also missed two games his Junior with an ankle sprain, plus he missed two games this year with a concussion. He took a beating at Sachem East. As he has stated numerous times he prefers playing LB as oppossed to being a RB. LB is what UMass recruited him as.
FanBase

United States

#5050 Dec 5, 2012
Fb fan wrote:
The best team doesn't always win it and its really supposed. to be the best season there's a difference. In the past Nassau coaches have given the cup to the higher conf team just because they think its better football.. It will be closer than people think.. If its popularity contest than flatley will win very well liked and respected by all coaches...I think cspbianco will win qb award and Robinson the dragon.. Thorpe might be stanwick form Uniondale..
Now why would Stanback get in over Tyler Fredericks? Now as far as better football I totally disagree. I have watch alot of LI football and am not sold on that better football in Conf 1 theory until they play.Stanback? Have you been watching Nassau football?
Fb fan

Fredericksburg, VA

#5051 Dec 5, 2012
FanBase wrote:
<quoted text>Now why would Stanback get in over Tyler Fredericks? Now as far as better football I totally disagree. I have watch alot of LI football and am not sold on that better football in Conf 1 theory until they play.Stanback? Have you been watching Nassau football?

Yes been evolved w high school football for 20 years and the general thought is bigger the school better football ,. The reason there are conf 1-4 and I'm sure u know this is because of enrollment Freeport picks a team from 500 boys in there school Roosevelt picks from 200 boys in there school it would be reasonable to expect Freeport to
Have the better team( bigger stronger)..It's the way the system is set up doesn't mean there aren't exceptions to that rule.. On given yeas there are teams in smaller conf that could compete up but usually no.. The general thinking from coaches which I know many of them is just that fair or unfair .. that's why there trying to get coaches to vote for best season and not who they think The best team is becsuse most of the times it's apples vs oranges when comparing conferences. As far Thorpe goes there is a committee of coaches and newsday writers that decided and I heard Staback one man show had great film Tyler's great on 0 part time defensive player.,, both are deserving so who knows and I heard the kid from MacArthur in the running also
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#5052 Dec 5, 2012
Final NYSSWA Rankings:

Class AA:

#5 Chaminade
#8 Floyd
#9 St. Anthony's
#16 Farmingdale
#22 Baldwin
#26 Riverhead
#28 Oceanside
#30 North Babylon

Class A:

#1 (tie) Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake
#1 (tie) Lawrence
#3 Sayville
#7 Garden City
#15 Mt. Sinai
#20 Wantagh
#26 Plainedge
#27 Seaford

Class B:

#13 Roosevelt

Class C:

#3 Babylon
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#5053 Dec 5, 2012
Week #13 MSG Varsity Top 25:

#10 Chaminade
#12 St. Anthony's
#21 Floyd
#23 Farmingdale
#24 Garden City

MSG Varsity Top 15 Small Schools:

#2 Lawrence
#5 Sayville
#9 Babylon
Bubba

Brooklyn, NY

#5054 Dec 5, 2012
Sayville guy wrote:
See you guys soon enjoy the basketball heard Robinson was very good
. The kid is very good. Averaged over 20 a game last year and put up 40 something on the Catholic school champions. Heard he is getting recruited in both sports but prefers football.
nooo

Winnsboro, SC

#5055 Dec 5, 2012
nooo
driver7789

Sayville, NY

#5056 Dec 5, 2012
Comparing Casali to Jackolski is like comparing JFK to Dan Quaile. Casali is JFK.
FanBase

United States

#5057 Dec 5, 2012
Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes been evolved w high school football for 20 years and the general thought is bigger the school better football ,. The reason there are conf 1-4 and I'm sure u know this is because of enrollment Freeport picks a team from 500 boys in there school Roosevelt picks from 200 boys in there school it would be reasonable to expect Freeport to
Have the better team( bigger stronger)..It's the way the system is set up doesn't mean there aren't exceptions to that rule.. On given yeas there are teams in smaller conf that could compete up but usually no.. The general thinking from coaches which I know many of them is just that fair or unfair .. that's why there trying to get coaches to vote for best season and not who they think The best team is becsuse most of the times it's apples vs oranges when comparing conferences. As far Thorpe goes there is a committee of coaches and newsday writers that decided and I heard Staback one man show had great film Tyler's great on 0 part time defensive player.,, both are deserving so who knows and I heard the kid from MacArthur in the running also
That is still a theory. The only thing that has come close to proving anything has been the scrimmages in which I have not seen a huge difference. Now as far as Stanback I saw him play defense and was not impressed at all.
FanBase

United States

#5058 Dec 5, 2012
Last year I saw Stanbacks youtube and thought this guys is very good until someone pointed out to me it was just against two teams that where not so good.
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#5059 Dec 5, 2012
My "long shot" picks would be:

Johnie Akins from Roosevelt. He could start on any team on LI.

OL/DL I like either Anthony DeNunzio(MacArthur) or Tom Dente(Carey).

LB's Massapequa's Jack Korber or East Meadow's Billy Andrle. I personally like Garden City's Scott D'Antonio.

QB Oceanside's Tom Capone

WR Oceanside's Anthony Pintabona

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 6 min Old one 210
Suspect in New York quadruple shooting found de... 11 min reality is a crutch 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 13 min jimi-yank 312,806
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min Mychihuahuawillbite 307,955
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Captain Yesterday 50,343
last post wins! (Jun '10) 1 hr The Phanton Rider 25,500
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr mossy seaman 9,707

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:24 am PST