Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
bigtool

Hyattsville, MD

#4562 Nov 30, 2012
Clubber Lang wrote:
Prediction for Sayville: PAIN! I am rooting for them but I just dont think they have enough this year to beat Lawrence. No Ferreria, Hannon, Rupp to keep D honest. They will load up to stop Haggart and Sirico on ground and make Sirico throw to beat them. If they get in another shootout, Cappobianco wins this one I think. But hey, thats why they play the game. Should be a good one!
what are you talking about sayville easy because they are a team.lawrence is controled by this secret janitoral society and every time one of the kids makes a mistake they look to the sideline and this 300 pound janitor is yelling at him.sayville must keep their cool if they do they win 35-21.the tool has spoken.
boo

Clover, SC

#4563 Nov 30, 2012
boo
bigtool

Hyattsville, MD

#4564 Nov 30, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
I would like to give a shout out to a Section 3's football player who on Thursday was awarded the NYS Football Player of the Year by Gatorade. His name is Tyler Rouse 5'8" 201 lb TB from Baldwinsville HS.
Rouse had 333 carries for 2,977 yards 45 td's. He never had a game in which he was lower than 200 rushing yards. Even in Baldwinsville(8-2 ranked #18 in NYS) loss to CBA, Rouse had 43 carries for 211 yards and 3 td's. His career total of rushing yards 6,841 this fourth best in the state.
he is going to south mississippi a&m tech cc where he will play football and study roof design.
Da Fan

Hartsdale, NY

#4565 Nov 30, 2012
Mike Quick wrote:
Tonights game will come down to turnovers. Statisticly both teams are pretty close.
Last night Farmingdale played an excellent game, on their first possession mached down the field and scored the opening td. Floyd came out passing something I don't think Farmingdale expected. First two td's from Floyd were from the passing game.
What killed Farmingdale was they turned over the football five times which led to Floyd scoring 17 points off of those turnovers.
Floyd on the other hand had one turnover which was in the fourth quarter.
Who ever has the least turnovers will win the game.
Good luch to both Sayville and Lawrence.
Should of been 6 turnovers. That ruffing the passer call on Faison when Floyd picked off another pass was total BS. It was on 4 and 12 and gave Farmingdale a first down. They scored a few plays later.
TechBall

United States

#4566 Nov 30, 2012
Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
When your LB read key is the football on any level of football, you have no chance unless the talent overcomes the coaching .....on any level. Sorry guys, Sayville will win...again.
you may be right but I ask you this did Lawrence not play horrific D last year and still kept the scoring respectable. So can you imagine if Lawrence just plays good D not great just good. Now was Sayville not a team coming into games that did not give a lot of scores last year before meeting Lawrence (Yes). But yet Lawrence scored 62 on them but now the offense is better. Mr Zirico maybe getting ahead of them himself talking about smacking someone.
MR Lawrence

United States

#4567 Nov 30, 2012
I love the Tool!
Da Fan

Hartsdale, NY

#4568 Nov 30, 2012
I'm a little late but congrats to Floyd on another LIC championship. Also congrats to Farmingdale on a great season. Farmingdale was very big. Probably the biggest team Floyd played all year. The only problem was they were very one dimensional. Once Floyd made adjustments they had a hard time moving the ball at times and turnovers killed them. Another huge game by Otranto in a big spot. It has been an absolute pleasure watching him play the past 3 seasons. Not to many kids can say they played in 4 LIC's starting in 3 of them. He probably goes down as the greatest QB in Floyd history and they had some good ones over the past 10 years. Congrats on your great high school career and good luck at the next level. As for the program I think it safe to say Floyd is a dynasty here on Long Island. 9 LIC's in 12 years winning 5 is not easy to do. Like Longo said they are expected to be in the big game every year and anything less than winning it is a failure.
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#4569 Nov 30, 2012
Da Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Should of been 6 turnovers. That ruffing the passer call on Faison when Floyd picked off another pass was total BS. It was on 4 and 12 and gave Farmingdale a first down. They scored a few plays later.
I attended the game and Fiason did get Quinn with a late hit on Farimingdale's fake FG attempt.
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#4570 Nov 30, 2012
Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
When your LB read key is the football on any level of football, you have no chance unless the talent overcomes the coaching .....on any level. Sorry guys, Sayville will win...again.
we will see tonight whos staff did a better job preparing their team on defense. As for lawrences lb keying they probably have the piner award winner in Simon jones and have not let up more then 7 points all year with starting unit. Not sure what film you have been watching but the lb key reads have been pretty good all year,wouldn't you say?
Low

Clover, SC

#4571 Nov 30, 2012
low
Suff III

Sayville, NY

#4572 Nov 30, 2012
huge congrats to Floyd on the big win. Farmingdale's biggest problem last night was the injury to the QB. Floyd had no answer to his elusive running after the fake. He got hurt early in the second series and did not come back into the game until late in the 4th quarter. I think floyd wins if he didn't get hurt but they make the final score closer with him all game. Farmingdale nose was a nasty dirty player from what I saw.
Fb fan

Hewlett, NY

#4573 Nov 30, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
If Say What Ville wins tonight, then they deserve to win....no excuses. Whomever plays better, smarter, and harder wins this game. No turnovers too. This is one of those games that whomever wants it more, gets it. You basically have to leave everything you have on the field, and make no mistakes. Play angry, but loose. Dont over adrenalize, where you lose your head.
You wont be hearing any excuses from MR Lawrence after this game, unless there is a reason for an excuse, like bone headed officiating.
But this still is a young team.:)
This is not a young team 7 of 11 started are seniors at times 8.. Eddie Tyler fragmer ganas thee entire o- line all senors .. Def Jordan Simon and Elijah are only underclass man that start on d and Malik on d- line so 7 of 11 on d and o 8 of 11 on o I'm not counting simon on o he subs in in certain sets ..
MR Lawrence

United States

#4574 Nov 30, 2012
Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a young team 7 of 11 started are seniors at times 8.. Eddie Tyler fragmer ganas thee entire o- line all senors .. Def Jordan Simon and Elijah are only underclass man that start on d and Malik on d- line so 7 of 11 on d and o 8 of 11 on o I'm not counting simon on o he subs in in certain sets ..
36% of your defense is 10th graders. I'm sorry, thats young. Subtract their ages one year to last year and you get a JV aged team last year.

Back in the day, if two guys were 11th graders who started, that was alot. A tenth grader? Maybe, one. A 9th grader? Unheard of. Three ninth graders? Sorry thats JV

Look we will see soon.
Freeport in the house

Brooklyn, NY

#4575 Nov 30, 2012
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>what are you talking about sayville easy because they are a team.lawrence is controled by this secret janitoral society and every time one of the kids makes a mistake they look to the sideline and this 300 pound janitor is yelling at him.sayville must keep their cool if they do they win 35-21.the tool has spoken.
no janitors on the sidelines at hofstra tool. You and coach post me after the game. Lawrence wins by double digits!!
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#4576 Nov 30, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
36% of your defense is 10th graders. I'm sorry, thats young. Subtract their ages one year to last year and you get a JV aged team last year.
Back in the day, if two guys were 11th graders who started, that was alot. A tenth grader? Maybe, one. A 9th grader? Unheard of. Three ninth graders? Sorry thats JV
Look we will see soon.
Things have changed, just look at USC they recruited a 7th grade QB by the name of David Sills from Eastern Christian Academy, MD who has given a verbal commitment to USC. This had been going for the last 5 years. Now how many 7th grades have you ever heard of that got recruited back in the day? Times are a change in.
Fb fan

Hewlett, NY

#4577 Nov 30, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
Look we will see soon.
Going by that rule sayville starts threr 10 grades on O and two on d..that makes O sense when 22 players of a thirty ifive man roster are seniors( not playoff rosters were U bring up jv guys to stand on sidle line) you are not a youg football team..
Suff III

Sayville, NY

#4578 Nov 30, 2012
I attended the game and Fiason did get Quinn with a late hit on Farimingdale's fake FG attempt.

did you happen to see Faison's attitude during the game?? He really pissed off the refs. the way he acted and tossed the ball after plays
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#4579 Nov 30, 2012
Suff III wrote:
did you happen to see Faison's attitude during the game?? He really pissed off the refs. the way he acted and tossed the ball after plays
The Refs got on the thrash crap right away, I say them warn Coles after his tackle in the backfield. Refs did a good job controlling the game.
Da Fan

Hartsdale, NY

#4580 Nov 30, 2012
Suff III wrote:
huge congrats to Floyd on the big win. Farmingdale's biggest problem last night was the injury to the QB. Floyd had no answer to his elusive running after the fake. He got hurt early in the second series and did not come back into the game until late in the 4th quarter. I think floyd wins if he didn't get hurt but they make the final score closer with him all game. Farmingdale nose was a nasty dirty player from what I saw.
Floyd had a hard time stopping Farmingdales backup QB with the play fake in the first half as well. After some second half adjustments and Farmingdale playing from behind they had a hard time moving the ball. Farmingdales main issue was no matter who was at QB they could not pass the ball. The only pass play that worked for them was the screen.
Da Fan

Hartsdale, NY

#4581 Nov 30, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Refs got on the thrash crap right away, I say them warn Coles after his tackle in the backfield. Refs did a good job controlling the game.
Maybe I am biased but it seemed a little one sided if you ask me. The refs do need to keep the game under control but let the kids play. Emotion is part of the game. Its part of what makes Faison and Coles so good. There is nothing wrong with a little trash talking and celebrating big plays. Turnovers definitely helped Floyd but penalties helped Farmingdale all night keeping drives a live for them and forcing Floyd into long down situations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 min Todd geisss is a ... 329,795
Time to go? (Jun '15) 3 min State of Florida 12,006
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 4 min Todd geisss is a ... 40,269
last post wins! (Jun '10) 7 min SweLL GirL 26,491
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min An NFL Fan 60,165
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 41 min _FLATLINE-------- 14,684
News Home Depot worker's 'America Was Never Great' h... 1 hr lavon affair 9

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages