Fb fan

East Rockaway, NY

#4408 Nov 27, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny how you guys analyze last year's Lawrence-Sayville game. You say Lawrence should have played a 5-2 defense or a 4-3, and other nonsense.
The key issue last year was that two key Lawrence starters and seniors were out with broken ankles, and there were 3 NINTH GRADERS starting on defense. Repeat after me: Ninth Graders. That is 14 year olds against 18

year olds. They were being pushed around on the line all day which allowed the opposition to score at will. Your sophisticated analysis doesnt mean squat, when this is the real issue.
But the great thing about 9th graders is that you give them water and lots of sunshine and guess what, they........grow! So your 6' 200 lb freshman is now a 6'2 220 lb sophomore, and not as easy to push around.
So lets see how the Lawrence defense does this year. They are still a young team. Watch the commentary online for the telecast of last weeks game at Hofstra and you will notice how many times the commentators refer to Lawrence being a young team
So go ahead and bask in your win last year against a JV aged team. It will most likely be different this year.
Plus we got Dr Lawrence on the sideline.
Well ur def a law grad and have that law pride ( im dure u touched the sign s few times) which is great .. But the fact is law is mostly seniors this year 22 of 35 kids on roster are seniors.. The whole off line are all seniors and. 2/3 def line except Malik are seniors .. Simon yes def has improved greatly dominant force in the middle and having his brother Elijah eligible to play this year makes them much better at lb for sure secondary fragmer( senior) solid player and grandly ( senior) also solid Robinson and Jordan studs at safety's .. So yes they are better on d for sure.. But sayvilles edge is up front on there o-line there big and athletic .. I do think the game will come down to if law can stop sayville run game and if sayville can rush the passer and get to cap .. With that said I still Ike law by two tds can't wait for the game best game all year.
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#4409 Nov 27, 2012
da fan wrote:
Its a disgrace that the conf 1 game was changed to thursday. I dont care what anyone says its all about money. With that said Floyd will make no excuses and will be ready to play. Good luck to all teams.
there is only 1 person who wanted to play Thursday night instead of Friday.at 3.that persons name is Paul Longo. Has nothing to do with money.I don't think it matters if they play thurs or Friday. Floyd should win that game
what

Julian, NC

#4410 Nov 27, 2012
what the
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#4411 Nov 27, 2012
Suffolk1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good picks I agree with 3. The only difference I think Roosevelt may outscore Babylon. Floyd/Farmingdale could be closer unless Floyds offense keeps rolling. Sayville has not played a difficult team all year D3 in Suffolk is horrible. I know because 1 of my grandchildren play in D3.
So who in Conference III is great, besides Lawrence?
Fb fan

East Rockaway, NY

#4412 Nov 27, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
So who in Conference III is great, besides Lawrence?
. NO One trust me very avg league except for law.. But there very legit
MR Lawrence

New York, NY

#4413 Nov 27, 2012
Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing how many times I've read your post about these "14 year olds", but yet last season when Lawrence was putting up 530 points against the teams in Conference III, never heard one word about it.
I dont understand your point. It only bolsters my argument. lawrence was putting up those kind of points with a young team.

I will give you a homework assignment. The team this year is pretty much the same as last year's LIC game, minus Ryan Fredericks. Take out your program at the game, then look at who is on the field, and what grade they are currently in. Subtract one year and you will get an idea of the overall age of the team last year.

The fact that 14 year olds were putting up points only bolsters how good they are. But the QB was a sophomore so i will give you that one.
Suff III

East Islip, NY

#4414 Nov 27, 2012
call me a fool but isn't Lawrence breaking just about every record on LI HS Football. They might score 600 pts. Can't believe they will lose but crazier things have happened. Respect your opinion but there D IS also much improved.

Sayville could have scored 600 points this year and last year, but chose to take the high road. Ferriera could have passed for 4,000 yds last year easily. stacking up player stats is not what it about in Sayville. I see another Suffolk SWEEP in the LIC's.
MR Lawrence

New York, NY

#4415 Nov 27, 2012
Suff III wrote:
call me a fool but isn't Lawrence breaking just about every record on LI HS Football. They might score 600 pts. Can't believe they will lose but crazier things have happened. Respect your opinion but there D IS also much improved.
Sayville could have scored 600 points this year and last year, but chose to take the high road. Ferriera could have passed for 4,000 yds last year easily. stacking up player stats is not what it about in Sayville. I see another Suffolk SWEEP in the LIC's.
Ferraris record will be broken soon, it didnt last long. I am so proud of you all for taking the high road. How lovely! Lets meet for Tea and Crumpets after the game.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4416 Nov 27, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont understand your point. It only bolsters my argument. lawrence was putting up those kind of points with a young team.
I will give you a homework assignment. The team this year is pretty much the same as last year's LIC game, minus Ryan Fredericks. Take out your program at the game, then look at who is on the field, and what grade they are currently in. Subtract one year and you will get an idea of the overall age of the team last year.
The fact that 14 year olds were putting up points only bolsters how good they are. But the QB was a sophomore so i will give you that one.
Now I see why Suffolk holds a 12-8 advantage over Nassau in Class III, they were playing 14 year olds. I didn't see anyone in Patchogue complaining when Longwood defeated Pat-Med in 1995 when we had 6 sophmores starting. They just snapped the chin strap and went out and played. I think five of them went on to become All Long Island in their senior year .
MR Lawrence

New York, NY

#4417 Nov 27, 2012
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I see why Suffolk holds a 12-8 advantage over Nassau in Class III, they were playing 14 year olds. I didn't see anyone in Patchogue complaining when Longwood defeated Pat-Med in 1995 when we had 6 sophmores starting. They just snapped the chin strap and went out and played. I think five of them went on to become All Long Island in their senior year .
Not complaining, just stating facts. If Lawrence's seniors, especially LB Hercules were in the game, it would have been a different game. Unfortunately, we will never know, but get a chance to play again.

Plus, how good of a name is Hercules for a middle LB?
Fb fan

East Rockaway, NY

#4418 Nov 27, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the team very well and yes other than ludwin not starting ( becsuse of off the feild issues) and jake not playing there basically same d as last year that was bad in a 5-2 cover 4 look .. Simon improvement and the switch to 4.-3 there playing great d.. In a avg league ... Sayville has haggert a year older and sirico a year older and others.. Sayville o- line was dominant last year and they might be better this year so to me that hasnt changed and law plays alot of d line and o line guys both ways because there not deep there so edge still sayville.. That's my point
An Old Sailor

AOL

#4419 Nov 27, 2012
Suff III wrote:
Nice to see that 6 out of 8 preseason first seeds won county Championships and made it to the LIC game. Farmingdale was a 6th and Babylon was a 3.
County runner ups:
Baldwin a 3
Wantagh a 2
Plainedge a 2
VSN a 4
SE a 3
NB a 6
WHB 5
Mt. Sinai a 2
It appears to me that the preseason seeding works out very well.
Then there should be no reason not to make subdivisions of the bottom feeder teams within each conference. Then you can have your crossover games of the good teams and nobody has to witness Hicksville getting beat by 50 every weekend.
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#4420 Nov 27, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
Not complaining, just stating facts. If Lawrence's seniors, especially LB Hercules were in the game, it would have been a different game. Unfortunately, we will never know, but get a chance to play again.
You are complaining like an old wash woman. Pat-Med88 is was almost correct. In 1995 P-M had LB Derrick Rossy(Collatta Award 1996, 1997 All Long Island 1996, 1997),RB Mike Funaro(All Long Island 1997), FB/DB Greg Murphy(1997 All Long Island), OL/DL Mike Orlandi(All Long Island 1997), OL/LB Brian Kallmeyer.

Also had three Freshman on the team TE/DE Chris Robinson(All Long Island 1998), OL/DL Matt Catapano, and QB/S Mike Cirigliano.

Again Pat-Med lost in the first round of the playoffs in 1995 to Longwood 14-13, Longwood then lost in SCC finals to Sachem. Never once did you here anyone complain about Pat-Med being a young team, they just went out and played the game.

Get over the 14 year olds already.
Truetalk

Hampton Bays, NY

#4421 Nov 27, 2012
What will be the attendance Friday night at Hofstra for Sayville/Lawrence be? If Hofstra holds 18000 could there be 10000 for the game?

I am curious what people think?
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

#4423 Nov 27, 2012
An Old Sailor wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there should be no reason not to make subdivisions of the bottom feeder teams within each conference. Then you can have your crossover games of the good teams and nobody has to witness Hicksville getting beat by 50 every weekend.
Again I'll go back to all the post that I made about this 8 team playoff's, it doesn't work. Look at the final 8 teams in the finals, you have 6 #1's, 1 #3, and 1 #4. This is the playoff seedings.
TechBall

United States

#4424 Nov 27, 2012
Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ur def a law grad and have that law pride ( im dure u touched the sign s few times) which is great .. But the fact is law is mostly seniors this year 22 of 35 kids on roster are seniors.. The whole off line are all seniors and. 2/3 def line except Malik are seniors .. Simon yes def has improved greatly dominant force in the middle and having his brother Elijah eligible to play this year makes them much better at lb for sure secondary fragmer( senior) solid player and grandly ( senior) also solid Robinson and Jordan studs at safety's .. So yes they are better on d for sure.. But sayvilles edge is up front on there o-line there big and athletic .. I do think the game will come down to if law can stop sayville run game and if sayville can rush the passer and get to cap .. With that said I still Ike law by two tds can't wait for the game best game all year.
Well said I agree. I think the line play will tell it all. I saw Sayville play Westhampton and was stopped quite a few times. So either Sayvilles line not the greatest or WH's D was pretty good.. Which one was it? Now I ask you who has a better D Lawrence or WH?? Who hasSayville played that had an explosive O in suffolk? Lastly last years team was better. Ferriera and Rupp also Hanan gone they could not replace those guys they were great.
Fb fan

East Rockaway, NY

#4425 Nov 27, 2012
TechBall wrote:
<quoted text>Well said I agree. I think the line play will tell it all. I saw Sayville play Westhampton and was stopped quite a few times. So either Sayvilles line not the greatest or WH's D was pretty good.. Which one was it? Now I ask you who has a better D Lawrence or WH?? Who hasSayville played that had an explosive O in suffolk? Lastly last years team was better. Ferriera and Rupp also Hanan gone they could not replace those guys they were
great.
Tuff to say Starr Seltz Anderson Giattino pretty good playes but yes sirico prob better at rb than qb prob why they run it more.. I guess we will c but I do think law will win game think they have to much for sayville unless that line can dominate the game like they did last year
FSN

Sayville, NY

#4426 Nov 27, 2012
MR Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
would you get off last year already your players lost so enough with the excuses and you really think one player makes a difference "NOT" We scored at will and scored the most points against your team in state history enough said. Sayville wins this game on Friday.
Truetalk

Hampton Bays, NY

#4427 Nov 27, 2012
I think you will find Westhampton's defense was much better than Lawrence's defense this year as well as last year. I think last year speaks for itself and we will see this year. To compare nassua 3 to Suffolk 3 from top to bottom is a joke.
MR Lawrence

New York, NY

#4428 Nov 27, 2012
Look. All this will be settled in about 72 hours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min red and right 51,327
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 22 min Maude 18,057
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 26 min -Sprocket- 10,240
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 33 min Pearl Jam 308,889
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 37 min Proud Liberal 1,179
Word Association (Jul '10) 41 min Princess Hey 7,355
last post wins! (Jun '10) 47 min Princess Hey 25,780

Jackson-Heights News Video

Jackson-Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE