Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Suffolk1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You went to 7 HHE games this year, 3 had to be road games and this is what you base your opinion of public schools on?
Did you attend private school?! If you wanted to form an opinion on Public school talent why not go to a Floyd,Lawrence,Farmingdale,Say ville,Massapequa,Baldwin,Sache m or 30 or so other public schools?! You choose HHE!!!
Do you really believe Floyd or Lawrence is a 1 or 2 player team?!
Right now your making me feel so good about the fact my children and grand children attended Public School and did't grow up in a bubble.
Translation..... You have failed as a bread winner and are trying to hide your shame of not being able provide your child with the opportunity of a superior education. Not to mention the chance to test their skills against the best athletes on Long Island. This in no way applies to any one here except you Mr Suffolk1. No need for the "bubble " comment pal. We're even .
Freeport in the house

Valley Stream, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Chaminade RB wrote:
<quoted text>Translation..... You have failed as a bread winner and are trying to hide your shame of not being able provide your child with the opportunity of a superior education. Not to mention the chance to test their skills against the best athletes on Long Island. This in no way applies to any one here except you Mr Suffolk1. No need for the "bubble " comment pal. We're even .
Good luck Chaminade i hope you take it this year! Also as far as a 1 man team i really have to say i watched Lawrence there offense is insane. They spread it around real good & one of the best offense's i have ever seen on LI HS Football. THat is coming from a Freeport Alum that saw many real good teams in my day and many real good one's from Freeport.
Beth Page

West Babylon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Freeport in the house wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck Chaminade i hope you take it this year! Also as far as a 1 man team i really have to say i watched Lawrence there offense is insane. They spread it around real good & one of the best offense's i have ever seen on LI HS Football. THat is coming from a Freeport Alum that saw many real good teams in my day and many real good one's from Freeport.
Thank you for your comment. There always an exception to the rule to which I agree. I have coached at the PAL level and followed high school football for many years. I am also related to a prominent Nassau high school coach with more than one LIC under his belt.He shares my opinion . That still is only an opinion , not a fact. I loved your squad last year. Good Luck Freeport in the future
SANCHEZ OUTED

Riverhead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Beth Page wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your comment. There always an exception to the rule to which I agree. I have coached at the PAL level and followed high school football for many years. I am also related to a prominent Nassau high school coach with more than one LIC under his belt.He shares my opinion . That still is only an opinion , not a fact. I loved your squad last year. Good Luck Freeport in the future
Ummm Mrs Deformed Sanchez you forgot to change your screen name after you started that fake Beth Page poll.

LMFOA you loser!!!!!!!!!!
SANCHEZ OUTED

Riverhead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Beth Page wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your comment. There always an exception to the rule to which I agree. I have coached at the PAL level and followed high school football for many years. I am also related to a prominent Nassau high school coach with more than one LIC under his belt.He shares my opinion . That still is only an opinion , not a fact. I loved your squad last year. Good Luck Freeport in the future
Chaminade RB wrote:
<quoted text>Translation..... You have failed as a bread winner and are trying to hide your shame of not being able provide your child with the opportunity of a superior education. Not to mention the chance to test their skills against the best athletes on Long Island. This in no way applies to any one here except you Mr Suffolk1. No need for the "bubble " comment pal. We're even .
You forgot to change screen names Sanchez.

Bwahahahahahaah
Suff III

Central Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Nice to see that 6 out of 8 preseason first seeds won county Championships and made it to the LIC game. Farmingdale was a 6th and Babylon was a 3.

County runner ups:

Baldwin a 3
Wantagh a 2
Plainedge a 2
VSN a 4

SE a 3
NB a 6
WHB 5
Mt. Sinai a 2

It appears to me that the preseason seeding works out very well.
Freeport in the house

Valley Stream, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Suff III wrote:
Nice to see that 6 out of 8 preseason first seeds won county Championships and made it to the LIC game. Farmingdale was a 6th and Babylon was a 3.
County runner ups:
Baldwin a 3
Wantagh a 2
Plainedge a 2
VSN a 4
SE a 3
NB a 6
WHB 5
Mt. Sinai a 2
It appears to me that the preseason seeding works out very well.
wow interesting good luck to all teams left. predictions anyone??
Fb fan

East Rockaway, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

<quoted text>
wow interesting good luck to all teams left. predictions anyone??
Floyd 35 farm 14
Riverhead 28 gc 21
Lawrence 41 sayville 28
Babylon 35 Roosevelt 21
I'm. a Nassau guy Suffolk just better this year.. Law is loaded w talent sayville is great football team just think Lawrence has to much but if coach hass can run the ball keep that law off the felid who knows .. Gc has outside chance to beat riverhead other two games I don't think will be close
Freeport in the house

Valley Stream, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Floyd 35 farm 14
Riverhead 28 gc 21
Lawrence 41 sayville 28
Babylon 35 Roosevelt 21
I'm. a Nassau guy Suffolk just better this year.. Law is loaded w talent sayville is great football team just think Lawrence has to much but if coach hass can run the ball keep that law off the felid who knows .. Gc has outside chance to beat riverhead other two games I don't think will be close
agree on all 4
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Long Island Championship Predictions:

Class I:

Floyd 28
Farmingdale 22

Class II:

Riverhead 30
Garden City 19

Class III:

Sayville 40
Lawrence 38

Class IV:

Babylon 35
Roosevelt 23

CHSFL AAA Championship

Caminade 32
St. Anthony's 28

CHSFL AA Championship

St. John the Baptist 29
Xaveir 24

Great Season and good luck to all teams.
SKYWALKER

Tel Aviv, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

"Callaway 57"

Sayville 40
Lawrence 38

No way is Sayville scoring 40 points on Lawrence! Please explain how?
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

TechBall wrote:
<quoted text>You know.. What happened to the starters playing only half the game? Lawrence took out their starters with 7 minutes left in the third. Seems as though Sayville still is the beast they were last year and since Lawrence has not been tested like Sayville has they should have no problem with Lawrence right? Wrong ! Did you see west Hampton play and MP play. Do you really think these teams would have dominated a let's say Plainedge or Glen cove? Where is the team Sayvile has been tested against???
First of all there is no way of comparing Nassau Conference III vs Suffolk Division III considering they don't play each other except for the LIC's. You can make a computer comparison.

Lets take Nassau's Glen Cove(8-2) points for/against 299-199, strength of schedule based on combined won/loss records of teams that Glen Cove played 44-46.

Miller Place (8-2) points for/against 310-101, strength of schedule based on combined won/loss records of teams that Miller Place has played 47-46.

Plainedge (8-3) points for/against 295-275, strength of schedule 60-43.

Westhampton Beach (8-3) points for/against 215-223, strength of schedule 61-41.

How MaxPreps rates the above teams in NYS :

Miller Place #146

Westhampton Beach #210

Plainedge #340

Glen Cove #382
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

SKYWALKER wrote:
"Callaway 57"
Sayville 40
Lawrence 38
No way is Sayville scoring 40 points on Lawrence! Please explain how?
Plain and simple they scored 78 on them last year and Sayville is a better team this year.
Freeport in the house

Valley Stream, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Plain and simple they scored 78 on them last year and Sayville is a better team this year.
Sayville had a better QB LAST Year also. Sayville was better last year & lawrence is better this year. We can disagree it's all good. I agree with all other Suffolk teams winning. I do think Lawrence will win a 3rd LIC in all different Conferences i believe if they win, but i know it will not be easy Sayville is good.
Freeport in the house

Valley Stream, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
call me a fool but isn't Lawrence breaking just about every record on LI HS Football. They might score 600 pts. Can't believe they will lose but crazier things have happened. Respect your opinion but there D IS also much improved.
MR Lawrence

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Callaway 57 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny how you guys analyze last year's Lawrence-Sayville game. You say Lawrence should have played a 5-2 defense or a 4-3, and other nonsense.

The key issue last year was that two key Lawrence starters and seniors were out with broken ankles, and there were 3 NINTH GRADERS starting on defense. Repeat after me: Ninth Graders. That is 14 year olds against 18 year olds. They were being pushed around on the line all day which allowed the opposition to score at will. Your sophisticated analysis doesnt mean squat, when this is the real issue.

But the great thing about 9th graders is that you give them water and lots of sunshine and guess what, they........grow! So your 6' 200 lb freshman is now a 6'2 220 lb sophomore, and not as easy to push around.

So lets see how the Lawrence defense does this year. They are still a young team. Watch the commentary online for the telecast of last weeks game at Hofstra and you will notice how many times the commentators refer to Lawrence being a young team

So go ahead and bask in your win last year against a JV aged team. It will most likely be different this year.

Plus we got Dr Lawrence on the sideline.
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

<quoted text>
call me a fool but isn't Lawrence breaking just about every record on LI HS Football. They might score 600 pts. Can't believe they will lose but crazier things have happened. Respect your opinion but there D IS also much improved.
So has Sayville's defense improved, they only gave up 96 points. How many posters on this forum would've believed that Sayville and Lawrence were going to put up 139 points in last years LIC game? Last year I had Lawrence 36 and Sayville 31.
Suffolk1

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Chaminade RB wrote:
Thank you for proving my point! Did you read my post? Did you see the mention of Grandchildren. All 3 of my children and so far 4 of my grandchildren have played Division/Conference 1 high school sports and all but 1 have gone on to play in college. As far as failing as a bread winner, I think I've done very well considering my husband(you're probably feeling very foolish right now) passed away at 57. You probably would have know that if you went to public school. God bless us though to have the common sense to run our own business it gave us so much more financial freedom in life.

May I suggest the Farmingdale/Floyd game for some tackling tips or maybe you just want to continue getting pointers from HHE.
I'll stop now its probably not a fair argument a 76 year old Grandmother(who can tackle)vs a Chaminade running back who calls grandmothers pal.
Callaway 57

Palm Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

MR Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny how you guys analyze last year's Lawrence-Sayville game. You say Lawrence should have played a 5-2 defense or a 4-3, and other nonsense.
The key issue last year was that two key Lawrence starters and seniors were out with broken ankles, and there were 3 NINTH GRADERS starting on defense. Repeat after me: Ninth Graders. That is 14 year olds against 18 year olds. They were being pushed around on the line all day which allowed the opposition to score at will. Your sophisticated analysis doesnt mean squat, when this is the real issue.
But the great thing about 9th graders is that you give them water and lots of sunshine and guess what, they........grow! So your 6' 200 lb freshman is now a 6'2 220 lb sophomore, and not as easy to push around.
So lets see how the Lawrence defense does this year. They are still a young team. Watch the commentary online for the telecast of last weeks game at Hofstra and you will notice how many times the commentators refer to Lawrence being a young team
So go ahead and bask in your win last year against a JV aged team. It will most likely be different this year.
Plus we got Dr Lawrence on the sideline.
Amazing how many times I've read your post about these "14 year olds", but yet last season when Lawrence was putting up 530 points against the teams in Conference III, never heard one word about it.
Suffolk1

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Fb fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Floyd 35 farm 14
Riverhead 28 gc 21
Lawrence 41 sayville 28
Babylon 35 Roosevelt 21
Good picks I agree with 3. The only difference I think Roosevelt may outscore Babylon. Floyd/Farmingdale could be closer unless Floyds offense keeps rolling. Sayville has not played a difficult team all year D3 in Suffolk is horrible. I know because 1 of my grandchildren play in D3.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,961 - 3,980 of10,205
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
Jackson-Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••