#4344 Nov 26, 2012
Sayville Lawrence was then moved up to 700 friday
SKYWALKER

Israel

#4345 Nov 26, 2012
eastendfan

Hampton Bays, NY

#4346 Nov 26, 2012
I'll take Sayville/Lawrence ANY day over that game. A game of kids that grew up together representing their communities. To me that is HS football no jealously just a preference I guess. Enjoy the game you have been waiting for but I do not think you will find much enthusiasm for it here. I enjoy following the teams from the East End as they represent their towns I just can't get fired up for the Private School games. I have been to Catholic League games just not the same appeal as the public school games. Enjoy the game but again don't come on this particular forum and expect everyone to join in on your pom-pom waving. Just my thoughts.
You Need A Hug

Far Rockaway, NY

#4347 Nov 26, 2012
Suff III wrote:
Thursday Nov.29 7:30pm Hofstra Floyd @ Farmingdale Class 1 LIC
Attention!!!! Tom Combs time to go to bat for the Suffolk Football programs, and get out of bed with Nassau. They are attempting to screw us.
If this is true Suffolk Co. should pull out of the LIC games this year. They should use the stonybrook time slots on Sat. to play Div. I vs II and Div. III vs IV. At least teams would have time to prepare. Tell Nassau you created this mess by trying to stack the cards in your favor.
1. Not enough time to get a team ready for an opponent
2. No football field to play on.
What is the problem?? You say Nassau is trying to stack the cards in their favor yet you say play at SB instead of a neutral site. WHO IS TRYING TO STACK WHAT IN THEIR FAVOR?? Give it up already.
Suffolk1

Manorville, NY

#4348 Nov 26, 2012
Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> Floyd wanted the game on Thursday even though it's 4 days. They wanted a crowd and Friday at 300 would of meant a lot of Floyd fans wouldn't make the game including parents.
3 reasons the game was moved Money, Money and more Money. I mentioned this back in post #4058.

As far as "Floyd" wanting the game moved? The 400 or so people from the Floyd community I have spoken with this afternoon None, zero, not one mentioned this. In fact they could care less when or where its played they'll be there. The move is for the casual fan $
Suff III

East Islip, NY

#4351 Nov 26, 2012
What is the problem?? You say Nassau is trying to stack the cards in their favor yet you say play at SB instead of a neutral site. WHO IS TRYING TO STACK WHAT IN THEIR FAVOR?? Give it up already.

Read my post!! I said screw Nassau and there terrible field and them not giving the Suffolk team enough time to prepare. Just play Suffolk team against each other on Sat. and let Nassau do what they want on that disgrace of a field.

NO LIC games
driver7789

Sayville, NY

#4352 Nov 26, 2012
eastendfan wrote:
You still got me. What game is the one we all wanted???
Certainly not any of the CHSFL games.
LI Football Fan

Renton, WA

#4353 Nov 26, 2012
eastendfan wrote:
I'll take Sayville/Lawrence ANY day over that game. A game of kids that grew up together representing their communities. To me that is HS football no jealously just a preference I guess. Enjoy the game you have been waiting for but I do not think you will find much enthusiasm for it here. I enjoy following the teams from the East End as they represent their towns I just can't get fired up for the Private School games. I have been to Catholic League games just not the same appeal as the public school games. Enjoy the game but again don't come on this particular forum and expect everyone to join in on your pom-pom waving. Just my thoughts.
Well said EastEnd Fan. My son plays on a Suffolk HS team. He has been playing with the majority of the kids on his team since they were 7 years old starting out In PAL youth football, then Middle School football, HS JV, now HS Varsity. Every single one of these kids lives in our community and the team has formed a brotherhood and closeness that has develpoed since childhood, not just High School. I'm sure every parent that has a child playing public HS football can relate to this. To try and compare the public High School Football scene to the Private CHS football is apples and oranges. No Comparison.
Chaminade RB

Lindenhurst, NY

#4354 Nov 26, 2012
LI Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic HS Championship game. AKA - The Zip Code Championship!
Who cares about a game featuring two teams with heavily recruited rosters from multiple zip codes across LI!
I agree with you on the recruitment issue. You however must admit it is a higher level of football being played for that said reason. I realize it is a virtual Long Island All Star team . I have attended at least 7 games played by Half Hollow Hills East this year and enjoyed every minute of them but I must say the talent is there but the coaching is horrendous. Not one team is skilled at tackling and blocking.There is one or two stars per team and they make up 90% of the offense i.e. Stacy Bedell ,Gwaltney Cappobianco..... no team play is my point. To say "Who cares?" is off base. Those kids have parents just like the non recruited teams as you say. Don't dismiss them for being better athletes and don't condemn there for choosing to compete against the best teams at their sport with players of their caliber . I enjoy watching athletes play football period.
Chaminade RB

Lindenhurst, NY

#4355 Nov 26, 2012
LI Football Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said EastEnd Fan. My son plays on a Suffolk HS team. He has been playing with the majority of the kids on his team since they were 7 years old starting out In PAL youth football, then Middle School football, HS JV, now HS Varsity. Every single one of these kids lives in our community and the team has formed a brotherhood and closeness that has develpoed since childhood, not just High School. I'm sure every parent that has a child playing public HS football can relate to this. To try and compare the public High School Football scene to the Private CHS football is apples and oranges. No Comparison.
You paint a wonderful picture while portraying CHSFL as the villains. OK I get that , answer me one question...Why do the best football athletes from YOUR town let themselves be recruited? Would you have cheered any louder had your son attended and played for St Ants? No you love your kid and support him 100%. I asked no one to wave pom poms or agree with ne, I just put it out there like you guys do. Chaminade has been chasing St Ants team for the last four years , and I believe it is our turn to be the hammer and not the nail, It is a great rivalry and I look forward to a hard fought game .
TechBall

United States

#4356 Nov 26, 2012
Suff III wrote:
Read my post!! I said screw Nassau and there terrible field and them not giving the Suffolk team enough time to prepare. Just play Suffolk team against each other on Sat. and let Nassau do what they want on that disgrace of a field.
NO LIC games
So your saying those great Suffolk teams that have been tested need more time to prepare for those untested Nassau teams?
driver7789

Sayville, NY

#4357 Nov 26, 2012
Chaminade RB wrote:
<quoted text>You paint a wonderful picture while portraying CHSFL as the villains. OK I get that , answer me one question...Why do the best football athletes from YOUR town let themselves be recruited? Would you have cheered any louder had your son attended and played for St Ants? No you love your kid and support him 100%. I asked no one to wave pom poms or agree with ne, I just put it out there like you guys do. Chaminade has been chasing St Ants team for the last four years , and I believe it is our turn to be the hammer and not the nail, It is a great rivalry and I look forward to a hard fought game .
Rah Rah
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4359 Nov 26, 2012
Getting ready for the start of the Babylon vs Mt. Sinai
Suff III

East Islip, NY

#4360 Nov 26, 2012
go Mt. sinai
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4361 Nov 26, 2012
Excellent drive by Babylon, QB Nick Santorelli 9 yard td run. Babylon took the ball after the punt by Mt. Sinai and drove the field. two fourth down conversions 13 plays 46 yards.

Babylon 7

Mt. Sinai 0
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4362 Nov 26, 2012
End of the first quarter.

Babylon 7

Mt. Sinai 0

Mt. Sinai is starting to move the ball behind the running of Mark Donadio.
Freeport in the house

Parsippany, NJ

#4363 Nov 26, 2012
Chaminade RB wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you on the recruitment issue. You however must admit it is a higher level of football being played for that said reason. I realize it is a virtual Long Island All Star team . I have attended at least 7 games played by Half Hollow Hills East this year and enjoyed every minute of them but I must say the talent is there but the coaching is horrendous. Not one team is skilled at tackling and blocking.There is one or two stars per team and they make up 90% of the offense i.e. Stacy Bedell ,Gwaltney Cappobianco..... no team play is my point. To say "Who cares?" is off base. Those kids have parents just like the non recruited teams as you say. Don't dismiss them for being better athletes and don't condemn there for choosing to compete against the best teams at their sport with players of their caliber . I enjoy watching athletes play football period.
no team play, that is funny Lawrence spreads it around pretty good.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4364 Nov 26, 2012
Mt. Sinai intercepted Babylon and has marched down the field on a 4 yard td run by Mark Donadio, with 20 seconds left in the half. 11 plays 57 yards.

Babylon 7

Mt Sinai 7
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4365 Nov 26, 2012
End of half tied at 7.
Nassau 3

Hewlett, NY

#4366 Nov 26, 2012
Suffolk1 wrote:
<quoted text>
3 reasons the game was moved Money, Money and more Money. I mentioned this back in post #4058.
As far as "Floyd" wanting the game moved? The 400 or so people from the Floyd community I have spoken with this afternoon None, zero, not one mentioned this. In fact they could care less when or where its played they'll be there. The move is for the casual fan $
did the400 or so people also tell you that longo wanted to play at 5 and other game pushed back to 9? Hoss and Mott said no way. There is a lot more I can tell you about the meetings today but I guess your connections are better then actually being in the meetings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 13 min DBWriter 4,056
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 18 min WCFields 316,502
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min positronium 53,487
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr forrest 10,064
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr forrest 11,455
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Sunoco Insider 309,896
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr Sunoco Insider 35,780
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]