Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
Mike Quick

AOL

#4200 Nov 24, 2012
If I was Tom Combs or Ed Cinelli, I wouldn't let the Suffolk teams play on that field. LaValle Stadium doesn't look like Hofstra? So why should Suffolk teams have to play on a field that has no football markings. That field is a disgrace.
Man UP

United States

#4202 Nov 24, 2012
Mike Quick wrote:
If I was Tom Combs or Ed Cinelli, I wouldn't let the Suffolk teams play on that field. LaValle Stadium doesn't look like Hofstra? So why should Suffolk teams have to play on a field that has no football markings. That field is a disgrace.
Enough already!!! Its is what it is and they are not going to change the venue. Just get over it already and talk about something else! Damn
Mike Quick

AOL

#4203 Nov 24, 2012
Chaminade is up on Iona Prep 20-10 at the half.
Mike Quick

AOL

#4205 Nov 24, 2012
Chaminade had no problem with Iona Prep. final 41-16 Chaminade.
nonsense

Queens Village, NY

#4206 Nov 24, 2012
no way
Suff III

Sayville, NY

#4208 Nov 24, 2012
I complained to Cenelli before the Baldwin Game. He told me it has the best turf in NYS I watched the turf folding up on the players all game. A BIG LIE. He then said they are under contract....... Yeah for a football field, not a lacrosse field... contract voided by Hofstra. they would never take any legal action if they moved the games. All 4 LIC games should be played at Stonybrook. Time for Cooms to earn his keep and take a stand. No suuf. team should have to play on that disgrace of a field. Let Nassau do what ever they want but keep suffolk off that dangerous confusing wasteland.
MR Lawrence

Valley Stream, NY

#4209 Nov 24, 2012
The gambling line on the Lawrence-New York Jets game tomorrow...Jets are getting 6 points.
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#4210 Nov 24, 2012
Today attended the Class C & B NYS finals @ the Dome.
Hoosick Falls upset Hornell 34-21.

Now in the Class B Maine-Endwell crushed Glens Falls 42-12. M-E points for/against 669-125, they averaged 51.5 points a game while just giving up 9.6. I was told they averaged 400 total yards a game and 8 td's, had somewhere around 4,600 yards and 109 td's for the season. The passing game averaged around 75 yards a game. They use around 7 running during the course of a game. The two big players today was #7 QB Kyle Gallagher and #32 RB Justin Jacoby. The two of them combined for 310 yards rushing and 5 td's. M-E does have some good size OL/DL on the team.

This team should not be playing in Class B, they should be in Class A or AA. If they played on the Island they would be a good match up for both Lawrence and Sayville.
Suff III

Sayville, NY

#4212 Nov 25, 2012
Tom Combs should tell section VIII, that if you do not supply a FOOTBALL field for the LIC Games that Section XI will not be attending. Section XI will do what they did in the past and play a Large School & Small school championship Games. They can even play all 4 LIC games at Stonybrook. There is no reason that the Suffolk Champions should have to play on the mess that is Hofstra!!! It is about time that Decisions are made in the interest of the Suffolk County Players & Teams. Because Cenelli has done a terrible job in Nassau County, does not mean that Section XI Teams must pay a price!!! I have never been a NYS Football Tourny advocate, but this situation is quickly changing my mind!!!!!
Man UP

United States

#4213 Nov 25, 2012
Suff III wrote:
Tom Combs should tell section VIII, that if you do not supply a FOOTBALL field for the LIC Games that Section XI will not be attending. Section XI will do what they did in the past and play a Large School & Small school championship Games. They can even play all 4 LIC games at Stonybrook. There is no reason that the Suffolk Champions should have to play on the mess that is Hofstra!!! It is about time that Decisions are made in the interest of the Suffolk County Players & Teams. Because Cenelli has done a terrible job in Nassau County, does not mean that Section XI Teams must pay a price!!! I have never been a NYS Football Tourny advocate, but this situation is quickly changing my mind!!!!!
wwwwwhhhhhaaaaaaayyyyy!! Stop your crying. We are not traveling to Stony Brook!! If that's the case we could play at Mitchells Field. So what your suggesting is Suffolk teams forfeit??
Fb fan

Hewlett, NY

#4214 Nov 25, 2012
TechBall wrote:
<quoted text> Are kidding? Simon Jones had at least 12 tackles by the first half.Him and his brother were a two man wrecking crew with Eddie backing them up!
Simon jones is the real deal a sophomore that is 6-1//6-2 weighs 230 and runs like Charles Barkley.. He is I'm my opinion a d1 prospect his improvement from last year to this year unreal on special teams he makes every tackle.. He is a huge part of the defensive improvement this year
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4215 Nov 25, 2012
So far a defensive battle between SE and Floyd, just started the second and Floyd is up 7-6 on SE.

BTW the field @ Stony Brook is excellent.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4217 Nov 25, 2012
Floyd's Banks just dropped are sure td pass. Doesn't matter #25 Corley on a 23 yard td pass from Otranto. Great pump fake from Otranto. Excellent drive by Floyd.

Floyd 14
Sachem East 6
Fb fan

Hewlett, NY

#4218 Nov 25, 2012
Pat-Med 88 wrote:
So far a defensive battle between SE and Floyd, just started the second and Floyd is up 7-6 on SE.
BTW the field @ Stony Brook is excellent.
we all know Hofstra feild is awful have to go to Mitchell feild next year or cw post for sure Hofstra is a lax feild not a football feild
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4219 Nov 25, 2012
Chris Faison and Coles on a 11 yard td run. Great blocking by FB Coles. They ran out of an I formation. 6 minutes till the half.

Floyd 21
Sachem East 6.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4220 Nov 25, 2012
Casali big td run of 13 yards, he has around 114 yards rushing with 2 td's.:21 left in the first half. SE went for two points and failed, SE motion penalty. The first etra point was blocked by Coles. Floyd kicks off and on the first play SE's Balsamo intercepts Otranto with :07 seconds. SE kneels. Half Time. Floyd will receive starting the second half.

Floyd 21
Sachem East 12

Floyd only really had the ball three times in the first, but scored on all of them. Both teams have been passing the ball extremely well. I like SE #80 Brian Balsamo, even with double teaming he made some great catches. Floyd's special teams have given the offense excellent position.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4221 Nov 25, 2012
I have to say both teams are doing an excellent job controlling the ball and moving it down field. SE by doing this is keeping Floyd's offense off the the field. On SE last drive the drove 77 yards down the field and used up 5 plus minutes of the clock.

I saw Tom Combs on the field, I will try and ask him what Section XI feels about the horrible conditions as "ofstra".
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4222 Nov 25, 2012
We are now starting the second half, Floyd with the ball.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4223 Nov 25, 2012
Floyd matches down the field with excellent running by Faison with the 11 yard td, he has 110 yards rushing.

Floyd 28
Sachem 12
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4224 Nov 25, 2012
Sachem East just scored on a 41 yard td reception, but SE got a holding penalty. Bring it back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 8 min Morgan R 28
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 10 min met fan 40,932
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min mdbuilder 60,660
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr Goober of Glovers... 11,348
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 1 hr Bruser 8,318
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr SweLL GirL 15,864
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr rainmaker2016 14,985

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages