Nassau/Suffolk High School Football
F Fan

Yorktown Heights, NY

#4112 Nov 20, 2012
da fan wrote:
Actually does walsh play center? Now for some reason i think its someone else? Regardless what ashame.
Walsh hasn't been playing center. He wore #34 against Sacnem N and played a little tight end on running plays.
F Fan

Yorktown Heights, NY

#4113 Nov 20, 2012
Chris Winters was helped off the field late in the 4th. quarter against Sachem N. Not sure what his status will be on Sunday. Floyd might have two holes to fill!
Suffolk1

Bridgeport, CT

#4114 Nov 20, 2012
Freeport in the house wrote:
<quoted text>
would love to see Floyd play Sayville/Lawrence winner. I know Floyd is awesome, have you seen Sayville or Lawrence this year.
I've seen all 3 teams play this year if Sayville vs Lawrence is the III Final Sayville could have a difficult time. If its Westhampton Lawrence will win by 40.

If Floyd wins over Sachem East and that's a REAL BIG IF(Casali could be pro someday), whatever team that wins in Suffolk is going to have a difficult time with the Nassau Conf. 1 winner Baldwin or Farmingdale. Way back on June 1st at the Linemans Challenge I picked Farmingdale to be in the Conf. Final just based on the size and strength of their Lineman.

Don't want to look ahead though,4 days of great games this weekend
Suffolk1

Bridgeport, CT

#4115 Nov 20, 2012
Suffolk1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But Section XI changed Sachem East seed to #1. Check the site www.sectionxi.org (NETPLAY)
Section XI just corrected the seeding on their site. Sachem East is back to 6th seed no longer #1 seed.
Suff III

Sayville, NY

#4116 Nov 20, 2012
how could Sayville have such a good football team but the worst hot dogs around? Lmao

You need to stay in the 5 towns to get real Kosher dogs!!
Suff III

Sayville, NY

#4117 Nov 20, 2012
I've seen all 3 teams play this year if Sayville vs Lawrence is the III Final Sayville could have a difficult time. If its Westhampton Lawrence will win by 40.
If Floyd wins over Sachem East and that's a REAL BIG IF(Casali could be pro someday), whatever team that wins in Suffolk is going to have a difficult time with the Nassau Conf. 1 winner Baldwin or Farmingdale. Way back on June 1st at the Linemans Challenge I picked Farmingdale to be in the Conf. Final just based on the size and strength of their Lineman.
Don't want to look ahead though,4 days of great games this weekend

Lawrence will have a difficult time with Sayville if they meet. The line they hard last year was terrible. How much better could these same kid get in one year???? that is the question.

Casali great HS player hard hitter tough runner, but I do not see the speed required for the next level. Yes a beast of a fullback.

I was at the 1st Farmingdale VS Baldwin Game on Farmingdale's slow turf. Coach Carrol called a very bad game and Baldwin could not play in sinc. I expect a better game plan from Baldwin and of course Baldwins speed on the fast track may be too much for Farmingdale to handle.
football fan

Haddam, CT

#4118 Nov 20, 2012
Sayville Flash wrote:
<quoted text>
Philadelphia Eagles also called a dream team? How has that worked out? Becareful what you wish for? I think Sayville will now what they are up against and coach Hoss will have them ready!
I love that everyone is picking against Sayville, give me the underdog role all day long! Lawrence has not been tested all year, trust me they will be that day against Sayville. Sayville has been to this game 3 years in a row and will respond with some differn't looks that Lawrence has not seen. If this game becomes a shootout again Lawrence has the edge but I think defense will have to be a factor in this game if Sayville wants to win. should be a great game for the Island's best two teams!!!!
just to clear this up..i think the lic for conf 3 last few years went as such 2009 hhhw vs lawrence won by hhhw. 2010 lynbrook vs sayville won by lynbrook. 2011 lawrence vs sayville won by sayville..we will see a heck of a game if its lawrence vs sayville in 2012..lets hope
driver7789

Sayville, NY

#4120 Nov 20, 2012
Nassau 3 wrote:
<quoted text> how could Sayville have such a good football team but the worst hot dogs around? Lmao
The senior class runs the concession stand.
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#4122 Nov 20, 2012
Upstate Finals @ the Carrier Dome:

Class AA:

6 Orchard Park 28
1 New Rochelle 21

Class A:

2 Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake 30
6 Sweet Home 22

Class B:

4 Maine-Endwell 42
2 Glens Falls 19

Class C:

5 Hornell 28
2 Hoosick Falls 21

Class D:

6 Randolph 27
1 Tuckahoe 14

2 teams from Section 1

3 teams from Section 2

1 team from Section 4

1 team from Section 5

3 teams from Section 6
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#4123 Nov 20, 2012
CHSFL AAA Semi-Finals:

Iona Prep 30
Chaminade 24

St. Anthony's 40
St. Joseph by the Sea 24
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#4124 Nov 20, 2012
MSG Varsity Week #11 Top 25:

#13 St. Anthony's
#15 Chaminade
#21 Farmingdale
#25 Floyd

MSG Varsity Week #11 Top 15:

#2 Lawrence
#3 Sayville
#13 Babylon
#15 Mt. Sinai
SKYWALKER

Israel

#4125 Nov 21, 2012
"HSfootball05"]cassa li also hit a connetquot player before the ball went 10 yards on the onside kick. The ref is standing right there how does he not make the call. brand new rule this year and you would think they would enforce it. then on top of that the PI call was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Connetquot was robbed

I saw the game and your right. Clearly dominated the second half of the game. a bad bounce and a horrendous horrible call by the refs. You cant make such a call if its not clearly flagrant. Not only that but the ref was in no position to make the call from the other end of the field.
Pat-Med 88

AOL

#4126 Nov 21, 2012
I will be attending the annual Turkey Bowl which features Archbishop Stepinac vs White Plains tomorrow morning. This will be the 42nd meeting of these two teams. When my father played at Patchogue HS in the early 1960's they used to have an annual Turkey Bowl against Port Jefferson HS. It would nice to seem that game return.
nonsense

Coraopolis, PA

#4127 Nov 21, 2012
no way
SKYWALKER

Israel

#4128 Nov 21, 2012
"Callaway 57" Upstate Finals @ the Carrier Dome:
Class AA:
6 Orchard Park 28
1 New Rochelle 21
Class A:
6 Sweet Home 22
Class B:
4 Maine-Endwell 42
2 Glens Falls 19
Class C:
5 Hornell 28
2 Hoosick Falls 21
Class D:
6 Randolph 27
1 Tuckahoe 14
2 teams from Section 1
3 teams from Section 2
1 team from Section 4
1 team from Section 5
3 teams from Section 6

Orchard Park has a good program , but I am going with New Rochelle again.
driver7789

Sayville, NY

#4129 Nov 21, 2012
What about the games we care about?
TechBall

United States

#4131 Nov 21, 2012
driver7789 wrote:
What about the games we care about?
lol
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#4132 Nov 21, 2012
SKYWALKER wrote:
"Callaway 57" Upstate Finals @ the Carrier Dome:
Class AA:
6 Orchard Park 28
1 New Rochelle 21
Class A:
6 Sweet Home 22
Class B:
4 Maine-Endwell 42
2 Glens Falls 19
Class C:
5 Hornell 28
2 Hoosick Falls 21
Class D:
6 Randolph 27
1 Tuckahoe 14
2 teams from Section 1
3 teams from Section 2
1 team from Section 4
1 team from Section 5
3 teams from Section 6
Orchard Park has a good program , but I am going with New Rochelle again.
Don't compare Orchard Park to Shaker. Shaker has never done anything in Class AA. Orchard Park on the other hand has won the Class AA title in 2008 & 2011.

I watched the game and New Rochelle was one lucky team. NR was leading Shaker 20-0 in the middle of the third quarter. Shaker scored on their next three possessions and at that point going into the 4th quarter was leading 21-20. A bad pass by Shaker's QB Chris Landers set up NR's final TD.

Orchard Park is average close to 40 points a game, NR close to 21 points.
SKYWALKER

Israel

#4133 Nov 21, 2012
"Callaway 57"
Don't compare Orchard Park to Shaker. Shaker has never done anything in Class AA. Orchard Park on the other hand has won the Class AA title in 2008 & 2011.
I watched the game and New Rochelle was one lucky team. NR was leading Shaker 20-0 in the middle of the third quarter. Shaker scored on their next three possessions and at that point going into the 4th quarter was leading 21-20. A bad pass by Shaker's QB Chris Landers set up NR's final TD.
Orchard Park is average close to 40 points a game, NR close to 21 points.

I know Orchard park is defending state champs and they are always competitive. I roomed in college with a guy from Orchard Park. Also another guy on the team was from Orchard Park. He was on steriods.

I know they usually have alot of size but I am going with speed.
Callaway 57

Indio, CA

#4134 Nov 21, 2012
NYSSWA November 21, 2012 Rankings:

Class AA:

#6 St. Anthony's
#10 Chaminade
#11 Farmingdale
#20 William Floyd
#22 Baldwin
#24 Riverhead
#28 North Babylon
#30 Sachem East

Class A:

#1 Lawrence
#3 Sayville
#13 Mt. Sinai
#14 Garden City
#17 Plainedge
#18 Wantagh
#26 Seaford

Class B:

#11 Babylon

Class C:

#5 Babylon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? (Jun '15) 2 min barefoot2626 12,509
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 min Lori giss 331,868
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 4 min WE NEED WORK 11,883
News Clinton campaign halfway to $1 billion fundrais... 8 min Stephany McDowell 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min Patriot AKA Bozo 61,003
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) 1 hr 11951Ratdog 86
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr ThomasA 311,598

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages