Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#314357 Aug 22, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly no help from the BOS defense that allowed Ackley's routine pop fall in...
Kinda like the whole season in a nutshell
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#314358 Aug 22, 2014
And Bogaerts and Kelly go down as well....

Damn if the Sox didn't have bad luck this season they would have no luck at all
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314359 Aug 22, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, I guess the defense saw the scoreboard and let it fall...unreal to hear a supposed man act like a child

sox just going thru the motions a last place team...even ortiz not happy..but errors happen to them all to even imply dropping a game on purpose is bs.

sox not good and no way massive picking up of players, unproven, off of injuries makes them better...

but, one thing learned. facts. unproven and highly ranked rookies fail more often then succeed
safe to say, marlins will not give up stanton for the middlebrooks, bradley deal...even if they toss in other failed rookies, doubt if he goes based on his monster year.
Looking @ StubHub, lots of tickets available @ Fenway until the final series against NYY...

http://www.stubhub.com/boston-red-sox-tickets...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314360 Aug 22, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
Yanks with a walk off win tonight in the first game of the series..... Plenty of opportunities blown, but they took advantage on the 9th and kudos to Prado.....They actually got a clutch hit for a change which is very shocking....

Greene had a very rough start to the game giving up 3 early runs, but he held CHI down despite giving up more hits....Not to mention his PC was very high early in the game..... He's a young SP and he'll learn as he goes....

Prado was the player of the game with 2 hits 3rbis.... Ellsbury has been playing well at Yankee Stadium ,Tex actually drew an important walk in the bottom of the 9th and d like I said before some blown opportunities earlier in the game.....RISP 3-13 leaving 11 which had been the season.....

Yanks still have a lot of work to be done.... Still the fat lady has sung one song for them and she may do another one....Can't lose any series from here on out because things may get tight especially if SEA and DET lose some games..... Not sure if that will happen or not...... Go Yanks!!!!
Classic grind it out win...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#314361 Aug 22, 2014
One unusual clause one player requested in his contract was $250K for his wife’s “equestrian expenses.” Players from Asia will often include clauses in their contracts to pay for interpreters and massage therapists.

Huh... Mrs Fu's equestrian expenses.don't add up to half that much including XXXXXXL condoms
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#314362 Aug 22, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda helps when you're grinding it out against a sub500 team with a struggling starter who shuts you down and then his pen gives it up

PRETEND TO CONTEND
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#314363 Aug 22, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking @ StubHub, lots of tickets available @ Fenway until the final series against NYY...
http://www.stubhub.com/boston-red-sox-tickets...
Worth the road trip to see the most beautiful baseball cathedral in the world exit a sure bet HOFer.

Be along time until the Yankees see another home grown guy like him
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#314364 Aug 22, 2014
sorry meant long long time
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#314365 Aug 22, 2014
make that a long long long time

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#314367 Aug 23, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
I think prado can be the second baseman they are looking for..some pop, can hit, field and play multiple positions..reminds me of the rays guy...zobrist
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Darby, PA

#314368 Aug 23, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was and let's see what they do today.... Still think they are a long shot to make the postseason, but we shall see.... Let's see if they can increase their run scoring and make it 3 games in a row....

Good SP battle tonight in OAK with Lester vs Wilson and Lester has been solid so far for them.... Think you could be right about them improving the best before the trade deadline.... I thought it was DET, but they aren't looking good....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Darby, PA

#314369 Aug 23, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I think prado can be the second baseman they are looking for..some pop, can hit, field and play multiple positions..reminds me of the rays guy...zobrist
I agree and that would be one less issue we have to address going into next season....One of the few good deals from Cash.... Yanks still have uphill battle and a tough way to the postseason....

Smackdown was good and that Lana wow with those sexy legs.....JBLs commentary was classic once again especially when he was talking about Bolieve being Americas new sweetheart lol....

Both the NYJ and NYG have some work to do, but I think they will be better than some think.... It will take some time though and I like that kid Nassib going forward..... Can't wait for the regular season to start because thesew preseason games are little ober blown....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#314370 Aug 23, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I agree and that would be one less issue we have to address going into next season....One of the few good deals from Cash.... Yanks still have uphill battle and a tough way to the postseason....
Smackdown was good and that Lana wow with those sexy legs.....JBLs commentary was classic once again especially when he was talking about Bolieve being Americas new sweetheart lol....
Both the NYJ and NYG have some work to do, but I think they will be better than some think.... It will take some time though and I like that kid Nassib going forward..... Can't wait for the regular season to start because thesew preseason games are little ober blown....
Prado will be good. McCarthy wants to come back. Good win.

Lana always looks great. And JBL is one of the best. Nassib is a keeper. I agree as I am tired of preseason football
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Darby, PA

#314371 Aug 23, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Lana always looks great. And JBL is one of the best. Nassib is a keeper. I agree as I am tired of preseason football
I say bring McCarthy back....If they can get him on another 2yr $20 million -$24 million deal especially before he actually hits free agency.....One or two more games and he will exceed his most IP in a season....

“Lou Gehrig, Pride of the Yanks”

Since: Aug 08

Washington, DC

#314372 Aug 23, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly no help from the BOS defense that allowed Ackley's routine pop fall in...
Sox are horrible, sources saying now Yanks did not bid on the Cuban player but just stuck around to drive the FA signing up. Yans don't need OF help of his kind as they have two of the best speed OFers in the game in Gardner and Ellsbury. The need a power bat

Washington, DC

#314373 Aug 23, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Giants looked horrible

Washington, DC

#314374 Aug 23, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I say bring McCarthy back....If they can get him on another 2yr $20 million -$24 million deal especially before he actually hits free agency.....One or two more games and he will exceed his most IP in a season....
McCarthy has been good, lets see how he finishes the season before making any offers

Washington, DC

#314375 Aug 23, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I always liked Prado, he's a tough competitor and offers a manager a lot of versatility. He's an old school player, hard nosed.

Washington, DC

#314376 Aug 23, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Said Prato “I can describe that as one of the biggest moments of my career,” said Prado, who also hit a two-run homer in the third inning.“Not personal-wise. Just getting a win for the Yankees means a lot for anyone.”

Washington, DC

#314377 Aug 23, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I agree and that would be one less issue we have to address going into next season....One of the few good deals from Cash.... Yanks still have uphill battle and a tough way to the postseason....
Sox are horrible, new Cuban signing could be a bust too. Never now, we'll see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 min June VanDerMark 326,267
Worst Neighborhood in THE Bronx (Feb '10) 1 hr archangel69 230
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr Nemo 6,185
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr 2twisted 19,138
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr 2twisted 17,952
News No longer on a pedestal: New York debates Chris... 3 hr three blocks 6
jets talk back (Dec '07) 4 hr jimi-yank 15,478

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages