Met

Albany, NY

#313965 Aug 14, 2014
J/k
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313966 Aug 14, 2014
Hal ain't sounding happy. Time for CheckCash to go & take Damon the Dope as well...

http://nypost.com/2014/08/13/hal-says-he-expe...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

#313967 Aug 14, 2014
the Don wrote:
<quoted text>
Davidoff of the Post should be selling peanuts at the stadium instead of writing his usual nonsense for the post..Dellin tried to get one more out and it didn't work Yanks needed this game and it didn't work..If he takes out Dellin he brings in kelly and guess what happened..
Pineda came out because he threw 67 piches a lot for his first start in a couple of months..
Looks to me like the yanks may have run out of gas...still with an outside chance to get a WC, 3 1/2 back..
Thats pretty acurate for once donnie
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

#313968 Aug 14, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
Hal ain't sounding happy. Time for CheckCash to go & take Damon the Dope as well...
http://nypost.com/2014/08/13/hal-says-he-expe...
How much can he blame Cashman?

He held the handcuffs before opening the financial floodgate, I'm sure he approved the moves and the non moves

Yanks doomed themselves by relying on that IF and thinking the entire rotation would bounce back. Next year they rely on that IF and hope the rotation bounces back Cashman or not.
Da GreatDirtyWater

Bexley, Australia

#313969 Aug 14, 2014
Hey its Yanks Talkback the Movie!

NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313970 Aug 14, 2014
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
How much can he blame Cashman?

He held the handcuffs before opening the financial floodgate, I'm sure he approved the moves and the non moves

Yanks doomed themselves by relying on that IF and thinking the entire rotation would bounce back. Next year they rely on that IF and hope the rotation bounces back Cashman or not.
Exactly how did Hal hold the "handcuffs before opening the financial floodgate?"...

Every roster move is the responsibility of the GM. Add to the ONE draft & developed player (Robertson) during the time CheckCash had total control of the baseball operation. All he knows how to do is spend to bring in talent. Look @ what CheckCash had to do to bring in bats. Added over $15 million in additional salary for the 2nd half of the season in large part from teams looking to dump salary...

While CheckCash can't be responsible for the SP injuries this season, there's NOTHING in the system remotely ready to step in...
Bigtool

Sag Harbor, NY

#313971 Aug 14, 2014
Halfbreed is the only yank hitting.will he be white or black in retirement.my guess. White.p"
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#313972 Aug 14, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly how did Hal hold the "handcuffs before opening the financial floodgate?"...
Every roster move is the responsibility of the GM. Add to the ONE draft & developed player (Robertson) during the time CheckCash had total control of the baseball operation. All he knows how to do is spend to bring in talent. Look @ what CheckCash had to do to bring in bats. Added over $15 million in additional salary for the 2nd half of the season in large part from teams looking to dump salary...
While CheckCash can't be responsible for the SP injuries this season, there's NOTHING in the system remotely ready to step in...
One of the main facts that I say is that money doesn't guarantee success.....You can have decent players, but they still have to perform.... The fixes needed are systemic and need to begin at the farm level......

Better recruiting, scouting, player development and more young players in the ranks to challenge the nonperforming older players... It will take time and patience because the reality this team is what it is......
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313973 Aug 14, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> One of the main facts that I say is that money doesn't guarantee success.....You can have decent players, but they still have to perform.... The fixes needed are systemic and need to begin at the farm level......
Better recruiting, scouting, player development and more young players in the ranks to challenge the nonperforming older players... It will take time and patience because the reality this team is what it is......
Recruiting?...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#313974 Aug 14, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
good post and thoughts, only issue might be time, as it is, playoffs go late in the year and in certain areas, deep cold issues..no doubt more money for mlb and owners..
I like the idea of no one and done..and of course yanks have a chance, but blowing winnable games now with a tired pen and dead bats does not help
keep the ideas coming...
Nothing matters if you don't score runs..... You can shut out everybody and still not win..... I'm all for pitching, but you have to have hitters also.... Seems like we have been saying that all season.....

Without production from Tex, Beltran and McCann we're screwed.... There is absolutely no fight in this offense and this comes down to the players are not getting it done..... I hope the tabloids get under their skin then maybe they may play better.....
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#313975 Aug 14, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Recruiting?...
Scouting and recruiting could be the same thing..... Better scouting is a must..... With all their problems they are still close for that 2nd WC spot..... Not saying they will get it especially if they don't hit better....

Still think that's the main deficiency for this team and that's been all season..... Have they gave us any indication they will start hitting better?..... I haven't seen it and wouldn't shock me if they didn't....
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313976 Aug 14, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Scouting and recruiting could be the same thing..... Better scouting is a must..... With all their problems they are still close for that 2nd WC spot..... Not saying they will get it especially if they don't hit better....

Still think that's the main deficiency for this team and that's been all season..... Have they gave us any indication they will start hitting better?..... I haven't seen it and wouldn't shock me if they didn't....
Think of recruiting with FA's...

Most important stat in baseball is runs scored. Don't score runs won't win many games. McCann has been out so not sure what to say about that. Beltran has been up & down all season regardless of the injuries. Unfortunately, Teixeira looks to be on the downside of his career offensively. Don't know how that can be either replaced or have other step up & cover some of that lost production...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#313977 Aug 14, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of recruiting with FA's...
Most important stat in baseball is runs scored. Don't score runs won't win many games. McCann has been out so not sure what to say about that. Beltran has been up & down all season regardless of the injuries. Unfortunately, Teixeira looks to be on the downside of his career offensively. Don't know how that can be either replaced or have other step up & cover some of that lost production...
I think we may be seeing their normal capabilities and this is an old team..... Add injuries to old bodies and you get problems.... McCann has been showing signs of decline for the last 2 or 3 years now. Beltran has known chronic knee issues and is pushing 40..... Still will have to see how they do next season especially McCann.....

Tex's batting average has been in free fall since he signed and he his not the player he used to be..... Ellsbury, avg wise is having a down year, but he's been hot and cold... His SB are also down as well, but he's not leading off either..... Gardner has been the best player on offense for them this season.....
The Don

Plainview, NY

#313978 Aug 14, 2014
Jerry Grote wrote:
As long as there is a second wild card, I wouldn't give up hope. There is always the chance they can make the playoffs. The Yankees should not be counted out.
Speaking of which, I think MLB is making a mistake by not having a best 2 out of 3 wild card round. I know Selig liked the excitement of a few years back when one game decided a wild card team. I think it was the Twins and the White Sox and wasn't it the Rays and Red Sox the following year? Someone help me on that please. But under the new system, it isn't fair for the first wild card team to have great season and then a second wild card with a record of 83-79 to beat you in a one game playoff.
You would also think the owners would want to make even more money with a best of 3 series.
Is that you Bronto?
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#313979 Aug 14, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text>I think we may be seeing their normal capabilities and this is an old team..... Add injuries to old bodies and you get problems.... McCann has been showing signs of decline for the last 2 or 3 years now. Beltran has known chronic knee issues and is pushing 40..... Still will have to see how they do next season especially McCann.....

Tex's batting average has been in free fall since he signed and he his not the player he used to be..... Ellsbury, avg wise is having a down year, but he's been hot and cold... His SB are also down as well, but he's not leading off either..... Gardner has been the best player on offense for them this season.....
That's the risk when signing FA's like Beltran @ an advanced age. It is what it is...

Saw signs that McCann was figuring out AL P's in late Jun. His Jul offensive #'s look more like the player NYY thought they were getting...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/spl...

One way to look @ Teixeira going forward is there's only 2 years left on his deal after this season. Tends to go by quickly..

Ellsbury isn't leading off & that's the reason his offensive #'s are what they are. He's healthy & that in it of itself puts to rest the concerns of his injury history...

Gardner has been the most consistent. Unfortunately, he's not the type of player that can carry a team offensively over an extended period...

Wonder if there's 2nd thoughts about this player...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/c...
UN Must Go

New York, NY

#313980 Aug 14, 2014
FuMan Chu Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>
100% accurate post
Yes unfortunately, hard to watch this team underachieve, and some of the blame should be heaped upon the head of Cashman, albeit way to many injuries, especially to our pitching staff, but after 58 years of fandom to this team, I will still watch and follow and que sera, que sera.
UN Must Go

New York, NY

#313981 Aug 14, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the risk when signing FA's like Beltran @ an advanced age. It is what it is...
Saw signs that McCann was figuring out AL P's in late Jun. His Jul offensive #'s look more like the player NYY thought they were getting...
One way to look @ Teixeira going forward is there's only 2 years left on his deal after this season. Tends to go by quickly..
Ellsbury isn't leading off & that's the reason his offensive #'s are what they are. He's healthy & that in it of itself puts to rest the concerns of his injury history...
Gardner has been the most consistent. Unfortunately, he's not the type of player that can carry a team offensively over an extended period...
If there isn't any second thoughts about that player [Cano] from the front office well there certainly should be, and who made the decision not to sign him, before all bases have been touched in their talks about contract, I know he feels he was low balled in the negotiations but after the years spent here, there should have been some middle ground, at least to extend the time limitation of the negotiations, to perhaps reach a consensus and maybe he does resign with this team, who knows.
Paul Yanks

Phoenix, AZ

#313982 Aug 14, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
They hit, the pen issue is not as bad ... score 5-9 runs and life is easy for the staff.
Something smells fishy in this link......sounds like Pedro was another red sox on steroids.........sure is defending a couple who were doing it.....

http://fansided.com/2014/08/14/pedro-martinez...
Jerry Grote

Valley Stream, NY

#313983 Aug 15, 2014
The Don wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that you Bronto?
Nope, I came over here from the Met Forum on an invitation from Jimi-Yank whom I respect as a baseball fan and good guy.
Do you like the one game playoff or would you rather a best 2 of 3? Maybe they cut the regular season back a few games to fit it in. After all, they originally went from 154 to 162 only for added revenue purposes. Cut it back to 156 and having the added tv revenue for an extra round of playoffs still helps them all make money, which is why they play the game.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#313984 Aug 15, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>

What Second thoughts? How did they do with him last year? Missed the playoffs. 10 years? Heck no...go 7 ok...but he stated he wanted 10 years..respect.

How is the arod contract going? Tex at 7...pujols..

No more crazy deals...If you bring up els most would say 6 years better..few wanted 7.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Message For Nyc, Ny Police Dept , Why Was Cop... 8 min American_Sons 4
News New Yorkers rally to show support for Baltimore... 49 min American_Guns 11
Anya "pig" Briggs, prostitute and SnM handler. 2 hr Terre C 6
Clinton Foundation to rebuild Nepal and Baltimore? 2 hr jimi-yank 7
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr Princess Hey 11,201
Cuba, the cocaine smuggling connections after r... 3 hr USA 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr mdbuilder 52,996
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]