Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#314059 Aug 17, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't see Greinke not opting out. Given his age after 2015 (31), he can get a 5 year/$100+ million from other teams...
Think you're in line with Shields for 5 years. Don't see him accepting anything less than that...
Like you said it all depends on if LAD are all in on Scherzer or Price.... In my opinion, Greinke is taking a chance leaving $71 million on the table.... Is he really that good for a another $100 million dollar contract?.....
Lori G

Herndon, VA

#314060 Aug 17, 2014
TMAN_Mets wrote:
<quoted text>Yea sure. Price will be less expensive than Shields. LMAO! JUICEKEE fans know nothing about baseball. LMAO!
Todd. Get upstairs and clean the dog poop.I am tired of you downstairs all day and night bothering these posters.I just got a disturbing call about you. If I find out you are lying I will tell all our friends. Our pastor is upset as he was contacted. If Harry finds out you are a racist and liar he won't let you sit next to the money collected. WHAT IS THIS I HEAR ABOUT OUR ITALIAN DANCE VIDEO? Is it true its on you tube? Why are you a coward and not stopping this. Get up here now.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#314061 Aug 17, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Lester gets 6 years and at least 120 mil. Dope sox should have not low balled him.
Free agent to be cespedes will not settle with the sox. He will want to test free agency.
BOS could have avoided that Lester fiasco earlier this season, but choose not to.... Not sure what their management was thinking.... Don't see where their ace is going to come from next season......
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314062 Aug 17, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Like you said it all depends on if LAD are all in on Scherzer or Price.... In my opinion, Greinke is taking a chance leaving $71 million on the table.... Is he really that good for a another $100 million dollar contract?.....
With the lack of quality SP today, Greinke will be in demand provided he's healthy & pitching like he is currently. One scenario is if CHC gets shut out on Lester or Scherzer, that's a destination in waiting for Greinke if LAD decides to wait on Price...
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#314063 Aug 17, 2014
NYY take the series in the house of horrors Tropicana and to be honest I wasn't expecting that coming into this series....They actually scored 4 runs which have been hard for them to come by this season..... Much needed series win, but still have a lot of work to do....

Kuroda had a very solid outing.... 6IP 4H 2R.... Couldn't have ask for me especially getting into a early deficit in the 1st inning.... He kept the Yanks in the game and they were able to get into the game in the 5th.... BP was solid with Kelly, Betances and Robertson with his 33th save...

Headley and Prado both had multi hit games and Gardner 1 hit and 2 rbis and Tex with a his 20th homer to push the lead back to 2 when TB cut it to 1.... That was a much needed run considering how things have been lately.... Ellsbury had only one hit the entire series, but it was a big one in the 5th....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New Port Richey, FL

#314064 Aug 17, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
With the lack of quality SP today, Greinke will be in demand provided he's healthy & pitching like he is currently. One scenario is if CHC gets shut out on Lester or Scherzer, that's a destination in waiting for Greinke if LAD decides to wait on Price...
Going to be some big money tossed around for pitching. I think years will be a key

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New Port Richey, FL

#314065 Aug 17, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
NYY take the series in the house of horrors Tropicana and to be honest I wasn't expecting that coming into this series....They actually scored 4 runs which have been hard for them to come by this season..... Much needed series win, but still have a lot of work to do....
Kuroda had a very solid outing.... 6IP 4H 2R.... Couldn't have ask for me especially getting into a early deficit in the 1st inning.... He kept the Yanks in the game and they were able to get into the game in the 5th.... BP was solid with Kelly, Betances and Robertson with his 33th save...
Headley and Prado both had multi hit games and Gardner 1 hit and 2 rbis and Tex with a his 20th homer to push the lead back to 2 when TB cut it to 1.... That was a much needed run considering how things have been lately.... Ellsbury had only one hit the entire series, but it was a big one in the 5th....
Watching the tampa post game show. Lots of crying going on. Much needed series win. Maddon was pissed yesterday about the crowd cheering Derek. Unreal.
Lot of clutch stuff the past 3 days
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#314066 Aug 17, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
So at this point it's all about the money instead of wining with him it seems....We know that 30 plus is usually the age range where some SPs slow down..... Not saying he will, but he's pitched a couple of good seasons some say he was overcompensated for it with that huge contract LAD gave him......

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New Port Richey, FL

#314067 Aug 17, 2014
Lori G wrote:
<quoted text>
Todd. Get upstairs and clean the dog poop.I am tired of you downstairs all day and night bothering these posters.I just got a disturbing call about you. If I find out you are lying I will tell all our friends. Our pastor is upset as he was contacted. If Harry finds out you are a racist and liar he won't let you sit next to the money collected. WHAT IS THIS I HEAR ABOUT OUR ITALIAN DANCE VIDEO? Is it true its on you tube? Why are you a coward and not stopping this. Get up here now.
He is a spineless jelly fish. The biggest (literally) coward in topix. Say help me out and tell me where he got that goofy hat. Great video though. How is the scam business going?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New Port Richey, FL

#314068 Aug 17, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> So at this point it's all about the money instead of wining with him it seems....We know that 30 plus is usually the age range where some SPs slow down..... Not saying he will, but he's pitched a couple of good seasons some say he was overcompensated for it with that huge contract LAD gave him......
Most of the guys it's money.
YANKEES 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#314069 Aug 17, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Watching the tampa post game show. Lots of crying going on. Much needed series win. Maddon was pissed yesterday about the crowd cheering Derek. Unreal.
Lot of clutch stuff the past 3 days
Maddon needs to understand that's the RE2PECT that Jeter is going to get... I don't like TB fans at all, but that was very classy of them in my opinion....

Good to see some clutch and timely hitting from this lineup.... They just have to make plays and hope for the best at this point... Low scoring, good pitching and good defense is what they are going to have to do....
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#314070 Aug 17, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
CHC will get shut out on Lester because he will resign with the Sox.

The interesting part will be how DET approaches Sherzerezerezer and Price do they wait or make a deal if Maxi slips away, my guess is they know they're only looking at one really
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314071 Aug 17, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Going to be some big money tossed around for pitching. I think years will be a key
Agree...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#314072 Aug 17, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> BOS could have avoided that Lester fiasco earlier this season, but choose not to.... Not sure what their management was thinking.... Don't see where their ace is going to come from next season......
I wouldn't call it a fiasco. But plenty of people will until the whole story unfolds.

You don't actually believe the Red Sox wouldn't counter the reported offer if Lester was so supposedly offended?

What was said?

Nothing. This is playing out out of the press because the unconfirmed "offer" is the only thing the press has. So they may already have a deal in place and everytime Lester is interviewed he says Boston is his home.

Whatever the result Lester will not wind up in pinstripes

Sure the Yanks may make a drive up the price run but you won't see any serious negotiations for sure. Maxi possibly but the bank may be closed for long term starters deals until they suffer out a few of those long term deals they already have.

On top of this what FA is gonna look to the NYY as a contender when clearly they are not. They'll have enough trouble holding Robertson and playing the GM game vs Hal as the $470m makeover didn't produce any better results did it?
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314073 Aug 17, 2014
YANKEES 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> So at this point it's all about the money instead of wining with him it seems....We know that 30 plus is usually the age range where some SPs slow down..... Not saying he will, but he's pitched a couple of good seasons some say he was overcompensated for it with that huge contract LAD gave him......
Money is certainly a factor. Look @ the history of the NL Central. STL has been the most consistent over time, other teams get on a roll & are in the post season for 2-3 seasons. Add the 2nd WC, it's not inconcievable that CHC can win if their prospects work out. They need a quality SP. Were willing to pay big for Tanaka. No reason they won't pay for someone like Greinke...

Another team that should be in on those SP's is TEX. Down year but has the financial resources to compete next season...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314074 Aug 17, 2014
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
CHC will get shut out on Lester because he will resign with the Sox.

The interesting part will be how DET approaches Sherzerezerezer and Price do they wait or make a deal if Maxi slips away, my guess is they know they're only looking at one really
BOS better come in with 6 years minimum because NYY will offer 7...
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#314075 Aug 17, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
Lester gets 6 years and at least 120 mil. Dope sox should have not low balled him.
Free agent to be cespedes will not settle with the sox. He will want to test free agency.
Cespedes is cheap for this year and next then the Sox weigh him against Stanton

Funny no one has any clear answer from the Sox Lester or his agent if any offers were made do they? All decline to say

My guess is Yanks fans will be crying foul when he reups with BOS and if Sherzerezerer decides on DET or TEX

remember any high priced FA is gonna cost plus 50% and I can't see Hal being talked into that
Da GreatDirtyWater

Greenacre, Australia

#314077 Aug 17, 2014
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
BOS better come in with 6 years minimum because NYY will offer 7...
Will they?

Don't be surprised if they go with a number crunching GM and turf Cashman

Lester won't sign with NY, he's about lifestyle and he knows like Cliff Lee he isn't a fit there

Yanks got nuff problems needing a bench starters multiple IFs and pen to start kicking tyres on long term deals with pitchers

If Pineda can finish the season the Yanks will be tossing him on the block for a young starter on the cusp
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314081 Aug 17, 2014
Da GreatDirtyWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Will they?

Don't be surprised if they go with a number crunching GM and turf Cashman

Lester won't sign with NY, he's about lifestyle and he knows like Cliff Lee he isn't a fit there

Yanks got nuff problems needing a bench starters multiple IFs and pen to start kicking tyres on long term deals with pitchers

If Pineda can finish the season the Yanks will be tossing him on the block for a young starter on the cusp
NYY has no choice but to go after Max or Lester. Their Plan B is Shields if both sign elsewhere...

Think BOS makes a run @ Hamels if Lester signs elsewhere (CHC/TEX). Since they're resisting SP contracts beyond 4-5 years, they can take on Hamels contract. Only issue is PHI would probably want Ranaudo in any deal...
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#314082 Aug 17, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>I see Lester either going to LAD or most likely NYY no way is he headed back to bean town.......Henry is much like the Wilpons......cheap and hardly any money to spend......otherwise a big time fool........
CHC will bid big for Lester. TEX may also be bidders as well...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Park Slope! 34 min Chanira 2
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 48 min NEMO 3,567
That so much beautiful to my goat wife. 1 hr Illegal Goat Shagger 13
trump failing to deliver.....on everything 1 hr Illegal Goat Shagger 11
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr the don 44,040
Another Republican Bites the Dust!! (Dec '11) 1 hr Chocolate Racist 1,050
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Susanm 313,935

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance